Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,313 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (701268 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:11am On Apr 23, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Dream Team VI to play in Korea Tourney by Segun Ogunjimi
[/size]

The Nigeria’s U-23 national team popularly known as Dream Team VI will no longer participate in the much publicised 8-Nation Football Tournament slated to begin May 18, 2016 in Toulon, France.

Nation Sport reliably gathered from the Ministry of Youths and Sports sources that the country’s sports ruling body that is in charge of theDream Team VI found the 80,000 Euro that it is required to make Samson Siasia-tutored team qualify to play in the tournament too expensive to bear as a result of paucity of funds confronting the Ministry and the country.

“It was difficult raising the needed 80,000 Euro despite the fact that the tournament could have been a good avenue to adequately prepare the team. But the Nigeria Football Federation is working on another three-nation tournament.

“So the Dream Team VI will have another chance to play in Korea 3 Nation Tournament involving Nigeria, Denmark and Honduras in a proper FIFA format tournament that is very good”, the source disclosed.
thenationonlineng.net/dream-team-vi-play-korea-tourney/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:12am On Apr 23, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Japan U23s Striker Of Nigerian Descent Ado Onaiwu May Face Dream Team At Olympic Games
[/size]

Japan youth-teamer Ado Onaiwu is in line to feature against the Nigeria U23s at the Olympic Games in August.

Aged 20, the striker was born in Saitama to a Nigerian dad and Japanese mom and remains eligible to wear the jersey of the Super Eagles since he has no senior caps for the Asian powerhouse.

Ado Onaiwu starred for the Japanese U23 squad at the 2016 AFC U-23 Championship and was in action in games against Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Iran,Iraq and Korea Republic.

The attacker has represented Japan at Under 19 level and was part of the squad that failed to qualify for the 2015 Fifa Under 20 World Cup in New Zealand after losing to DPR Korea in one of the quarterfinal games.

The Dream Team VI will lock horns with Japan in both teams opening Group B fixture on August 4 at the Amazônia Arena,Manaus.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18765
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by EagleScribes: 6:24am On Apr 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

African U23 winning Eagles team conceded goals. They hardly held on to their leads. We have good talents to make the squad but I feel we need to use the opening from the overage players to fill that role.

I say we use Mikel to sit deep and shield the defence.

Onazi to bring in work rate and mobility to the midfield. Just this time, he plays ahead of Mikel and his runs will not be a liability to us. Onazi has the pace to track back and he is a good tackler. This also solves the lack of tactical discipline Onazi's game.

Leon Balogun will offer experience and he can help the tactical arrangements of the team during set pieces and be the voice to organize the defence.

I agree with you on the addition of Leon Balogun. Our defence is shambolic, same with that of the Super Eagles. But Leon always have fitness issues, and we don't want any last minute disappointments. More of our defensive issues are from the full backs, same with Super Eagles

You're right on Onazi but he's not a regular for his club. He will need lots of time to get back that discipline to the taste of Siasia you've talked about. Moreso, he's not improved on his passing abilities too.

We seriously need a top striker in that team. Unfortunately, I don't rate Ighalo as one

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by EagleScribes: 6:37am On Apr 23, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Japan U23s Striker Of Nigerian Descent Ado Onaiwu May Face Dream Team At Olympic Games
[/size]

Japan youth-teamer Ado Onaiwu is in line to feature against the Nigeria U23s at the Olympic Games in August.

Aged 20, the striker was born in Saitama to a Nigerian dad and Japanese mom and remains eligible to wear the jersey of the Super Eagles since he has no senior caps for the Asian powerhouse.

Ado Onaiwu starred for the Japanese U23 squad at the 2016 AFC U-23 Championship and was in action in games against Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Iran,Iraq and Korea Republic.

The attacker has represented Japan at Under 19 level and was part of the squad that failed to qualify for the 2015 Fifa Under 20 World Cup in New Zealand after losing to DPR Korea in one of the quarterfinal games.

The Dream Team VI will lock horns with Japan in both teams opening Group B fixture on August 4 at the Amazônia Arena,Manaus.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18765
[/b]

There was guy that played against us at the last U20 tourney, the German captain. I recalled he wrote NFF to be part of our U17 team back then but he was turned down. The guy plays as right back

Why can't the NFF approach him once again since he's still eligible to play for us. The full backs have been our weakest points for a long time. I wonder what our technical dept are waiting for

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:58am On Apr 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Remember, Omeruo has fitness issues. Coach Siasia might consider him a risk.

So who else does nt have fitness issues? Is it Stanley Amuzie, Leon Balogun, even Iheanacho is injury prone.So players dat are injury prone should never b invited for competitions.What happened to having a back up CB?

Omeruo has fitness issues yet he played all our matches at 2013 AFCON & 2014 WC.

I think Siasia simply wants some of "his boys" to make d squad. For instance he knows dropping Omeruo for Oduduwa would raise so many questions so he rather not invite Omeruo at all.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:10am On Apr 23, 2016
EagleScribes:

I agree with you on the addition of Leon Balogun. Our defence is shambolic, same with that of the Super Eagles. But Leon always have fitness issues, and we don't want any last minute disappointments. More of our defensive issues are from the full backs, same with Super Eagles

You're right on Onazi but he's not a regular for his club. He will need lots of time to get back that discipline to the taste of Siasia you've talked about. Moreso, he's not improved on his passing abilities too.

We seriously need a top striker in that team. Unfortunately, I don't rate Ighalo as one

U are saying the same thing TheGoodJoe said abt Omeruo. Fitness issue. So players that are injury prone should never b invited for competitions or matches. ?

I say if Omeruo and Balogun are fit as at when d final selection is made let dem b selected. We will jst have a back up natural CB and a DMF (like Ndidi) with CB capability.

U prefer we throw in Zaharadeen Bello and Segun Oduduwa in there bc Omeruo and Balogun are injury prone.

Oduduwa and Bello fit stand beside Ibrahimovich? Or even face Rodrigues, Okazaki, Cuodrado and d likes?

Siasia wants to creat a slot for Segun Oduduwa by dropping Kenneth Omeruo. Simple.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 9:26am On Apr 23, 2016
So where is the full list to end all these speculations,

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:12am On Apr 23, 2016
EagleScribes:

There was guy that played against us at the last U20 tourney, the German captain. I recalled he wrote NFF to be part of our U17 team back then but he was turned down. The guy plays as right back

Why can't the NFF approach him once again since he's still eligible to play for us. The full backs have been our weakest points for a long time. I wonder what our technical dept are waiting for
[b][size=14pt]
Meet Nigerian-German Kevin Akpoguma, captain of the Germany U20 side
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/12/5f/kevin-akpoguma-germany-u20_9o0yqa7akt061fu26v2hsx640.jpg?t=-2140090531&w=620&h=430[/img]
Akpoguma hopes to lead the Europeans to their first title since 1981

May 23, 2015 12:24:29

The Hoffenheim defender, who has a Nigerian father, is part of a talented side that is one of the favourites to win the U20 World Cup in New Zealand

GOAL PROFILE By Lolade Adewuyi Follow on Twitter

Tall, strong and imposing, Kevin Akpoguma has been favourably compared with his idol, Bayern Munich’s Jerome Boateng.

Apart from both being defenders, their fathers hailed from Africa, migrated to Germany and were born to German mothers – Boateng’s father went from Ghana while Akpoguma’s left from Nigeria.

While Boateng has won the biggest diadem in football, the Fifa World Cup last year in Brazil, Akpoguma’s path is just being laid and it could be as illustrious as the older player. They have both won gold Fritz Walter-Medals for their impact in German youth football.

20-year-old Hoffenheim defender Akpoguma has already started building a good foundation for himself in the German game where he has played in all their youth teams – U16, U17, U18 and U19.

Last year, he won the European U19 Championship in Hungary where they defeated Portugal 1-0 in the final.

As captain, next week he begins the journey to deliver the Fifa U20 World Cup thereby adding it to Germany’s senior title. He would hope to lead the Europeans to their first title since 1981 when they won as West Germany against Qatar in Australia.

“His 1.92 metres (6'4in) are perfect for a centre back. He has speed, good technique and is a dynamic player. In 2013 he got the Fritz-Walter medal in gold from the DFB, which honours every year the best German players of U17, U18 and U19. He has said that the coaches want him to become more stable, to play a whole game without errors,” said Goal Germany’s Christoph Kockeis.

Akpoguma is the modern day defender – big, nimble footed and intimidating. He used to be a forward before he was converted by a former youth team coach.

Even though he has not really made his mark in the Hoffenheim senior team, Akpoguma hopes that New Zealand would be a good tournament where he can show himself to the world. Early in May he committed to a two year loan deal at Fortuna Dusseldorf in the 2 Bundesliga.

“After the season we have put together a timetable and plan for the future, because next year I want to make the step into professional football. That's why I'm always glad to be at the U20. Here we can show ourselves internationally,” he told the official DFB site.

He is a veritable asset that could have played for Nigeria, and still could if he fails to make it into the German senior team.

In a 2014 interview with Goal, Akpoguma talked about playing for Super Eagles not being an option if he makes it into the German seniors.

“I have been to Nigeria twice,” Akpoguma told Goal. “When I was very young, about four years on holiday. Life is just much different than here.”

The defender said that the the Nigerian Football Federation had not yet approached him, however, his first allegiance is to Germany.

“And since I was born and grew up here in Germany, I see myself as a German, I would prefer to play for the German senior team, if that is possible,” he said

“Until then, it's probably still a few years away - but as long as I see that the opportunity is there somewhere, Nigeria is not in anyway an option for me.”

Still, Akpoguma could have an early reunion with Nigeria depending on the way things go in New Zealand.

With Nigeria’s Flying Eagles drawn in Group E alongside Brazil, Hungary and Korea DPR, the second placed side would most likely meet Germany who are drawn in a relatively easy Group F which includes Fiji, Uzbekistan and Honduras.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/11242/nigeria-u20/2015/05/23/12000742/meet-nigerian-german-kevin-akpoguma-captain-of-the-germany
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:20am On Apr 23, 2016
EagleScribes:

[b][size=14pt]
Germany Under 20 Star Rejects Nigeria

Germany Under 20 Star Kevin Akpoguma Turns His Back On Nigeria
[/size]

By SL10 - Dec 10, 2014 12:00 PM

Thumbs_up

16-facebook 16-twitter 16-googleplus

Hoffenheim defender, Kevin Akpoguma, will reject an invitation to play for Nigeria's youth teams as he is an integral member of Germany's Under 20 squad.

Akpoguma, whose mother is German, has been given a chance to display his wares to coach Samson Siasia at the Under 23 national team screening exercise.

The Nigeria Football Federation are doing the groundwork to convince the defender to turn out for Nigeria instead of Germany, and Germany - based Darlington Omodiagbe, a member of the Technical Study Group, has been pressurizing the player.

The retired Nigeria Under 23 international, now a youth team coach at SV Wacker Burghausen, did not bring good news in that regard when he contacted SL10.ng on Tuesday afternoon.

''I have talked to Kevin Akpoguma, we still have work to do to convince him to play for Nigeria,'' Darlington Omodiagbe said to SL10.ng.

''It is not going to be easy, he plays for Germany's Under 20 team. I'll suggest that we offer him something bigger.

''Everything is possible but it won't be easy. His father is from Delta State but grew up in Benin City.''

Though Omodiagbe refused to go straight to the point, it is believed that Kevin Akpoguma will only consider an invitation to play for Nigeria's main squad, the Super Eagles.

The ex Karlsruher SC and FC Bavaria Wörth youth-teamer has clocked up over 40 appearances for Germany's youth teams since his debut in 2011.

http://www.sl10.ng/news/articles/categories/nigeria-players-abroad/germany-under-20-star-kevin-akpoguma-turns-his-back-on-nigeria/195222
[/b]

Below are some comments that followed this post then. These comments or observations seem to hold sway anyway....
Just follow this link and you will see what am saying. Nigerian may still loose him because of these two quotes I have just produced. Germany will fight to any extent to get the guy playing for their team. Remember he was a torn in the flesh of the then German U20 team.
http://www.sl10.ng/news/articles/categories/nigeria-players-abroad/germany-under-20-star-kevin-akpoguma-turns-his-back-on-nigeria/195222
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by EagleScribes: 10:31am On Apr 23, 2016
Icon4s:

U are saying the same thing TheGoodJoe said abt Omeruo. Fitness issue. So players that are injury prone should never b invited for competitions or matches. ?

I say if Omeruo and Balogun are fit as at when d final selection is made let dem b selected. We will jst have a back up natural CB and a DMF (like Ndidi) with CB capability.

U prefer we throw in Zaharadeen Bello and Segun Oduduwa in there bc Omeruo and Balogun are injury prone.

Oduduwa and Bello fit stand beside Ibrahimovich? Or even face Rodrigues, Okazaki, Cuodrado and d likes?

Siasia wants to creat a slot for Segun Oduduwa by dropping Kenneth Omeruo. Simple.

That shouldn't be done. I am saying that we can't depend on them. Can we? You may take one along, and in this case, I will prefer Balogun. But I insist that the same fitness issue is one of the reasons the Super Eagle defence is in shambles

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by EagleScribes: 10:34am On Apr 23, 2016
terzurum5:

[b][size=14pt]

[/size]

Thumbs_up

Hoffenheim defender, Kevin Akpoguma, will reject an invitation to play for Nigeria's youth teams as he is an integral member of Germany's Under 20 squad.

Akpoguma, whose mother is German, has been given a chance to display his wares to coach Samson Siasia at the Under 23 national team screening exercise.

The Nigeria Football Federation are doing the groundwork to convince the defender to turn out for Nigeria instead of Germany, and Germany - based Darlington Omodiagbe, a member of the Technical Study Group, has been pressurizing the player.

The retired Nigeria Under 23 international, now a youth team coach at SV Wacker Burghausen, did not bring good news in that regard when he contacted SL10.ng on Tuesday afternoon.

''I have talked to Kevin Akpoguma, we still have work to do to convince him to play for Nigeria,'' Darlington Omodiagbe said to SL10.ng.

''It is not going to be easy, he plays for Germany's Under 20 team. I'll suggest that we offer him something bigger.

''Everything is possible but it won't be easy. His father is from Delta State but grew up in Benin City.''

Though Omodiagbe refused to go straight to the point, it is believed that Kevin Akpoguma will only consider an invitation to play for Nigeria's main squad, the Super Eagles.

The ex Karlsruher SC and FC Bavaria Wörth youth-teamer has clocked up over 40 appearances for Germany's youth teams since his debut in 2011.

[/b]

Below are some comments that followed this post then. These comments or observations seem to hold sway anyway....
Just follow this link and you will see what am saying. Nigerian may still loose him because of these two quotes I have just produced. Germany will fight to any extent to get the guy playing for their team. Remember he was a torn in the flesh of the then German U20 team.

Awwww. So sad. Thanks so much for the info bro.

Since he wants to be part of the main team, can't we "play an Iwobi" on him?

I guess it's late for now anyway

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by EagleScribes: 10:40am On Apr 23, 2016
terzurum5:

[b][size=14pt]
Meet Nigerian-German Kevin Akpoguma, captain of the Germany U20 side
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/12/5f/kevin-akpoguma-germany-u20_9o0yqa7akt061fu26v2hsx640.jpg?t=-2140090531&w=620&h=430[/img]
Akpoguma hopes to lead the Europeans to their first title since 1981

May 23, 2015 12:24:29

The Hoffenheim defender, who has a Nigerian father, is part of a talented side that is one of the favourites to win the U20 World Cup in New Zealand

GOAL PROFILE By Lolade Adewuyi Follow on Twitter

Tall, strong and imposing, Kevin Akpoguma has been favourably compared with his idol, Bayern Munich’s Jerome Boateng.

Apart from both being defenders, their fathers hailed from Africa, migrated to Germany and were born to German mothers – Boateng’s father went from Ghana while Akpoguma’s left from Nigeria.

While Boateng has won the biggest diadem in football, the Fifa World Cup last year in Brazil, Akpoguma’s path is just being laid and it could be as illustrious as the older player. They have both won gold Fritz Walter-Medals for their impact in German youth football.

20-year-old Hoffenheim defender Akpoguma has already started building a good foundation for himself in the German game where he has played in all their youth teams – U16, U17, U18 and U19.

Last year, he won the European U19 Championship in Hungary where they defeated Portugal 1-0 in the final.

As captain, next week he begins the journey to deliver the Fifa U20 World Cup thereby adding it to Germany’s senior title. He would hope to lead the Europeans to their first title since 1981 when they won as West Germany against Qatar in Australia.

“His 1.92 metres (6'4in) are perfect for a centre back. He has speed, good technique and is a dynamic player. In 2013 he got the Fritz-Walter medal in gold from the DFB, which honours every year the best German players of U17, U18 and U19. He has said that the coaches want him to become more stable, to play a whole game without errors,” said Goal Germany’s Christoph Kockeis.

Akpoguma is the modern day defender – big, nimble footed and intimidating. He used to be a forward before he was converted by a former youth team coach.

Even though he has not really made his mark in the Hoffenheim senior team, Akpoguma hopes that New Zealand would be a good tournament where he can show himself to the world. Early in May he committed to a two year loan deal at Fortuna Dusseldorf in the 2 Bundesliga.

“After the season we have put together a timetable and plan for the future, because next year I want to make the step into professional football. That's why I'm always glad to be at the U20. Here we can show ourselves internationally,” he told the official DFB site.

He is a veritable asset that could have played for Nigeria, and still could if he fails to make it into the German senior team.

In a 2014 interview with Goal, Akpoguma talked about playing for Super Eagles not being an option if he makes it into the German seniors.

“I have been to Nigeria twice,” Akpoguma told Goal. “When I was very young, about four years on holiday. Life is just much different than here.”

The defender said that the the Nigerian Football Federation had not yet approached him, however, his first allegiance is to Germany.

“And since I was born and grew up here in Germany, I see myself as a German, I would prefer to play for the German senior team, if that is possible,” he said

“Until then, it's probably still a few years away - but as long as I see that the opportunity is there somewhere, Nigeria is not in anyway an option for me.”

Still, Akpoguma could have an early reunion with Nigeria depending on the way things go in New Zealand.

With Nigeria’s Flying Eagles drawn in Group E alongside Brazil, Hungary and Korea DPR, the second placed side would most likely meet Germany who are drawn in a relatively easy Group F which includes Fiji, Uzbekistan and Honduras.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/11242/nigeria-u20/2015/05/23/12000742/meet-nigerian-german-kevin-akpoguma-captain-of-the-germany
[/b]

Na wa o. This guy dey vex gan o

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:03am On Apr 23, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Mikel must work for Olympic spot – Fuludu
[/size]

Idris Adesina

Former Nigeria midfielder Edema Fuludu says Super Eagles captain, Mikel Obi, must earn his place in the squad to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.

Mikel has been a regular player for Chelsea since the coming of interim coach, Guus Hiddink.

The 29-year-old is believed to be one of the three overage players Nigeria coach Samson Siasia intends to take the 2016 Rio Games.

Fuludu told Saturday PUNCH that Mikel’s experience and leadership qualities would help the country at the Games.

He said, “I believe Siasia has a relationship with him (Mikel) after their disagreement before the Beijing 2008 Olympics. “Mikel has been criticised many times for failing to step up his game and I think he has adjusted that in recent matches

“If he keeps the fine form he has exhibited so far for both club and country, I think he deserves a chance if Siasia needs him in the midfield. If Mikel really needs the Olympic record, he has to work for it. If the coach is convinced that he will work for the overall success of the team and not just to make an appearance there, then he should be given a chance. If he eventually makes the team, I believe his experience will work and help in stabilising the team.”

The Tunisia’ 94 Africa Cup of Nations winner advised Siasia to stick largely to the home-based players.

Fuludu said, “At the Under-23 level, clubs are not bound by FIFA to release their players for the Olympics. It is a matter of understanding that could be reached between the clubs and the country’s football federation.

“I will advise him to stick with the available home-based players who he is sure will be available when the time comes. These players haven’t done badly in the matches they have played. They have accounted for 90 per cent of the games he has played so far. He should rely mainly on them.

“He should only add some overseas-based players to make the team stronger. This where the NFF needs to help him.”
http://www.punchng.com/mikel-must-work-for-olympic-spot-fuludu/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:04am On Apr 23, 2016
EagleScribes:

That shouldn't be done. I am saying that we can't depend on them. Can we? You may take one along, and in this case, I will prefer Balogun. But I insist that the same fitness issue is one of the reasons the Super Eagle defence is in shambles

Pls enlighten me on Omeruo's fitness issues.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:07am On Apr 23, 2016
terzurum5:

[b][size=14pt]

[/size]

Thumbs_up

[/b]

Some peeps will still come here and castigate the NFF for nt inviting this kind of player.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:10am On Apr 23, 2016
EagleScribes:

Does Stanley Amuzie have fitness issues or nt?
But i can bet u he is one of d most likely players to b in dat Rio squad.Or dnt u think so?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:10pm On Apr 23, 2016
Kelechi scores for Man City to make it 3-0. He was brought down for the penalty Aguero scored as well.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by jotey(m): 2:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
iheanacho scores for city

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
Iheanacho! Showing moves.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
Scores his second goal of the game.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by jotey(m): 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2016
iheanacho with a brace

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2016
BascoVanVeli:
Iheanacho! Showing moves.
74' Goal-Kelechi Promise Iheanacho
GOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLL FOR MAN CITY! IHEANACHO AGAIN! Bony makes a positive impact off the bench as he holds the ball up top with strength before sending his team-mate through on goal, who rounds the goalkeeper with composure before slotting into an empty net! Four-nil. GAME OVER

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2016
Icon4s:

Some peeps will still come here and castigate the NFF for nt inviting this kind of player.

Na who be that? grin

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2016
forgiveness:

Na who be that? grin

U know na wink
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by EagleScribes: 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2016
Icon4s:

Does Stanley Amuzie have fitness issues or nt?
But i can bet u he is one of d most likely players to b in dat Rio squad.Or dnt u think so?

My brother, still the same as I've said. From what we've seen Amuzie present, has he in anyway performed better than others? NO! (In my opinion)

we all know Siasia has his preferences for his boys, but how will they help out with the inadequate personnel we have in the defence department.

With this, I will submit to the fact that we need Omeruo and Balogun in that team, and hopefully pray they stay fit

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by dijon: 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2016
my friend, Icon has said it all....Siasia want to create a slot for segun oduduwa ( a non league player)....i am very sad about Nigeria football....indigenous coaches will kill our football, infact they have killed it with their mediocrity, nepotism and favoritism way of life ( chop i chop)...
EagleScribes:

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2016
Icon4s:

So who else does nt have fitness issues? Is it Stanley Amuzie, Leon Balogun, even Iheanacho is injury prone.So players dat are injury prone should never b invited for competitions.What happened to having a back up CB?

Omeruo has fitness issues yet he played all our matches at 2013 AFCON & 2014 WC.

I think Siasia simply wants some of "his boys" to make d squad. For instance he knows dropping Omeruo for Oduduwa would raise so many questions so he rather not invite Omeruo at all.

I think it I dangerous towing in the line of Coach Siasia's boys. That was one of the reasons people were blinded to the fact Amuzie played well in the first game against Egypt.

When we work with that mentality, it makes us not notice other reasons for a selection.

Coach Siasia runs a rigorous training method and players like Aaron Samuel, Adi and Chikatara could not cope. He did not drop them to make space for his boys. They could not fit into the system.

So if Coach Siasia drops Balogun and Iheanacho, It should not be because he wanted to play his boys. We should find other reasons why he dropped them.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2016
terzurum5:

[b][size=14pt]

[/size]

Thumbs_up

[/b]

If we contact a player and he is not interested, we should not try to convince him. These kind of players can not play for us with the kind of passion we need to succeed.

We need to stop this.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:13pm On Apr 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I think it I dangerous towing in the line of Coach Siasia's boys. That was one of the reasons people were blinded to the fact Amuzie played well in the first game against Egypt.

When we work with that mentality, it makes us not notice other reasons for a selection.

Coach Siasia runs a rigorous training method and players like Aaron Samuel, Adi and Chikatara could not cope. He did not drop them to make space for his boys. They could not fit into the system.

So if Coach Siasia drops Balogun and Iheanacho, It should not be because he wanted to play his boys. We should find other reasons why he dropped them.

Ok. I Will hold u by this comment when the time comes.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:15pm On Apr 23, 2016
EagleScribes:

My brother, still the same as I've said. From what we've seen Amuzie present, has he in anyway performed better than others? NO! (In my opinion)

we all know Siasia has his preferences for his boys, but how will they help out with the inadequate personnel we have in the defence department.

With this, I will submit to the fact that we need Omeruo and Balogun in that team, and hopefully pray they stay fit

Now u See my point.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by EagleScribes: 10:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
Icon4s:

Now u See my point.
Yeah. From another angle.
Hope Siasia sees it too. In any way

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by EagleScribes: 10:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
dijon:
my friend, Icon has said it all....Siasia want to create a slot for segun oduduwa ( a non league player)....i am very sad about Nigeria football....indigenous coaches will kill our football, infact they have killed it with their mediocrity, nepotism and favoritism way of life ( chop i chop)...

There maybe no proof on that, but that has been somewhat a recurring decimal with Siasia and other local coaches.

I stand to be corrected, but I believe we have better U23 defenders in our local league than what we parade now. As usual, mediocrity and laziness will becloud our technical and scouting system - if there's any at all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.