Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,665 members, 7,851,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:06 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (703028 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 12:21am On Jun 13, 2016
Chukwueze has agreed to a Porto move... So many Nigerians in Porto now.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:47am On Jun 13, 2016
tbaba1234:
Chukwueze has agreed to a Porto move... So many Nigerians in Porto now.

Nice news and nice decision. I hope he works hard. Same goes to the other youngsters at Porto.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 1:32am On Jun 13, 2016
Whatever kind of bond Iheanacho has with Iwobi, he should use it to drag that boy's big ears so he'll hear word...

The lifestyle he portrays on that Snapchat is very disturbing, every time na so so turn up with those leeches he calls friends and that his albino girlfriend. Money is sweet when you're young, but prudence is sweeter in the long run.

When I even found out about the albino babe, I didn't like the idea because I personally think it's too early in his career and he's too young to be following women. Women are destroyers, especially in the lives of young men trying to get good careers, but even worse when the albino is only good for twerking on turn up nights rather than advicing her bae to reduce his extravagance, that will be worse.

Iheanacho has come off as a far more mature person than Iwobi one too many times so if he can just pass the maturity on to him, it will be good

I know some people will think he's young and should enjoy his break, but if tomorrow he kicks a ball wrong, the fans and British media will not hesitate to use his Snapchat videos and blatant show of extravagance against him.

Na small money the boy dey make compared to many other footballers, he should tread with caution and not allow it get to his head. Keep those friends that are only good for turning up with your money and pouring champagne on expensive wrist watches foolishly out of your life, keep albino opportunists out of your life. Turn up once a week and stop forming Operation Feed The Nation when you're not the UN.

Sorry for the long epistle, those videos just pissed me off and sent the wrong message angry angry

Cc thesupernerd, thegoodjoe, confun, terzurum, forgiveness, icon4s

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by irondome: 4:23am On Jun 13, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I hope this U17 set is Successful. This is the set I really want and need to win it. The Indians need to know Nigerians are great people and there is more to us than crime.

The video below show how the Indians treat Nigerians. This man did not do anything. He was pulled off a truck with goods were he was working and beaten. His crime was that he was Nigerian and there was a backlash due to some protesting Nigerians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTqNcWQWWy8

I need this win with a passion and I hope our young men know what they are going to there in India. These young boys are going out there to disgrace racism.

The Truck in the video was driven by the Nigerians boss. The man wanted to carry the Nigerian guy but they decided to rush him to the hospital. He passed out inside the Ambulance.

#SpitOnDiscrimination

Life is way too short to be obsessed with changing people's opinion about you or your country. Some people just can't be helped. Trust me, it's an effort in futility. For instance, I tried so hard to impress at my last company in one of these developed economies; after several months of consistently value delivery, my friendly white boss said to me -- "you don't act like a black person". I just gave him the excuse me "stare".

From personal experience, most racial folks are narrow-minded people who usually have not traversed beyond the width of their local territories. For instance, I commanded the utmost respect from my Indians colleagues in courses I enrolled-in outside of India.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by amagunnerfan: 6:31am On Jun 13, 2016
tbaba1234:
Lateef Omidiji Jr... Nigeria Under 13 player. (He has played for Nigeria u 13) .. Nigerian father, American mother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uY8EvpDuis

Impressive interview by this wonder kid... Hope he improves sufficiently and makes the next set of under 17...
This boy likes great Bob Marley? He appreciates Ronaldo De Lima El phenomenon ? And Robben is one of his favorite? Jesus, looks like a big name is on the way YET AGAIN and best part he is NIGERIAN.

If as a kid you like Ronaldo De Lima and Robben then you know football. I forsee this boy going very far if his coaches, agents and parents continue to guide him right and not be selfish. He even has a good idea of the Netherlands and their football? He has the ingredients to succeed already. Hopefully NFF and their greed bastards won't ruin him.

I am so impressed and shocked.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by amagunnerfan: 6:34am On Jun 13, 2016
safarigirl:
he lost a bet yo Kekechi snbhad to wear the jersey for a day. Kelechi also has Iwobi's Arsenal shirt (but didn't have to wear it cuz he won)

It caused a mild ruckus on twitter with some Arsenal fans going ballistic and even EPLZone and CityWatch tweeted bout it until the confusion was cleared. Some Arsenal fans were still a bit miffed though, others just said they should be glad it's not a Spurs Jersey grin

Anyway, totally off-topic, what did y'all think of Dele Alli's performance at the Euros last night? Some English fans concluded he isn't as awesome as the media would like the world to believe (duh! Nobody on that team is)
Dele Alli is a poor man Alex Iwobi. Fact. I am sure the English would have died of excitement If Alex Iwobi and Kelechi Nwakali, Iheancho were English. They won't have it so good. Never.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:42am On Jun 13, 2016
safarigirl:
Whatever kind of bond Iheanacho has with Iwobi, he should use it to drag that boy's big ears so he'll hear word...

The lifestyle he portrays on that Snapchat is very disturbing, every time na so so turn up with those leeches he calls friends and that his albino girlfriend. Money is sweet when you're young, but prudence is sweeter in the long run.

When I even found out about the albino babe, I didn't like the idea because I personally think it's too early in his career and he's too young to be following women. Women are destroyers, especially in the lives of young men trying to get good careers, but even worse when the albino is only good for twerking on turn up nights rather than advicing her bae to reduce his extravagance, that will be worse.

Iheanacho has come off as a far more mature person than Iwobi one too many times so if he can just pass the maturity on to him, it will be good

I know some people will think he's young and should enjoy his break, but if tomorrow he kicks a ball wrong, the fans and British media will not hesitate to use his Snapchat videos and blatant show of extravagance against him.

Na small money the boy dey make compared to many other footballers, he should tread with caution and not allow it get to his head. Keep those friends that are only good for turning up with your money and pouring champagne on expensive wrist watches foolishly out of your life, keep albino opportunists out of your life. Turn up once a week and stop forming Operation Feed The Nation when you're not the UN.

Sorry for the long epistle, those videos just pissed me off and sent the wrong message angry angry

Lol.. He is a kid. Hopefully, he does not do anything that will ruin his career.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:22am On Jun 13, 2016
tbaba1234:

Lol.. He is a kid. Hopefully, he does not do anything that will ruin his career.
he better watch himself, even if he must flex, he should keep most of it off these social media platforms. Na pesin wey dem catch with fowl for him hand be thief, if dem never catch you, you be saint.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:41am On Jun 13, 2016
irondome:

Life is way too short to be obsessed with changing people's opinion about you or your country. Some people just can't be helped. Trust me, it's an effort in futility. For instance, I tried so hard to impress at my last company in one of these developed economies; after several months of consistently value delivery, my friendly white boss said to me -- "you don't act like a black person". I just gave him the excuse me "stare".

From personal experience, most racial folks are narrow-minded people who usually have not traversed beyond the width of their local territories. For instance, I commanded the utmost respect from my Indians colleagues in courses I enrolled-in outside of India.

Without your hard work and due diligence, that respect will not come. Some will see us in a different perspective.

We need this win because it will be broadcasted through different media that Nigeria are achieved a hat trick of U17 titles in India.

No matter how racist a lot of them reason, somewhere in the back of their mind, they know there is more to Nigerians than crime.

Thanks for your inspiring comment.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:45am On Jun 13, 2016
safarigirl:
he better watch himself, even if he must flex, he should keep most of it off these social media platforms. Na pesin wey dem catch with fowl for him hand be thief, if dem never catch you, you be saint.

I agree with you that footballing status is quite different from other celebrity status like Movies and Music.

There is a responsibility of having an image of dedication from Sports men because they defend badges that millions respect.

Iwobi is not doing himself any good by portraying a Champagne lifestyle. He should reduce his social media time and keep his life outside football quiet.

He should reduce the crowd and keep his growth in mind.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 11:02am On Jun 13, 2016
amagunnerfan:
This boy likes great Bob Marley? He appreciates Ronaldo De Lima El phenomenon ? And Robben is one of his favorite? Jesus, looks like a big name is on the way YET AGAIN and best part he is NIGERIAN.

If as a kid you like Ronaldo De Lima and Robben then you know football. I forsee this boy going very far if his coaches, agents and parents continue to guide him right and not be selfish. He even has a good idea of the Netherlands and their football? He has the ingredients to succeed already. Hopefully NFF and their greed bastards won't ruin him.

I am so impressed and shocked.
He speaks good, and speaks what we want to ear. Does he play as well? He is good for his age, but he has a very very long way to go. I watched some of his highlights, and he is as good as any boy in U15 camp. However, I think he's yet to show exceptional skills or strength to make him stand out. He should be played at our U15 level more to get the exposure.
I will advice him to stay quiet and let his legs talk for him. He seems to be in the news too much for his own good. Maybe a pushy parent or overzealous agent is behind all the seemingly scripted answers in the video.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:29am On Jun 13, 2016
Well, Safarigirl.... You are actually right.

I may credit this to youthfulness and all but your observation is not to be ignored. I have my fears too but I strongly wanna believe this is just Iwobi catching some good fun and not going beyond that.

It's true ladies can be a very huge distraction for young men that's why at 19 and 20, I never even dreamed of a partner. I am 24 now and much more matured than I was at 19 (not because of age necessarily but because of the mental and moral maturity that comes with giving yourself to your dream in your teen years). A lot of guys miss that.

As for his bond with Iheanacho, I strongly believe that with time, it will rub off on Iwobi.

Iheanacho is a young man like Iwobi but it's very clear from the outset that He (Nacho) is bent on becoming a legend of the sport and that is seen in his attitude.

Nacho is a player that has his eyes keenly on glories with Man City, The Super Eagles and Even becoming a Fifa Ballon D'or winner.

Nacho now has the special and full attention of Man City's Boss and Owner, Sheikh Al-Mubarak Khaldoon who expects bigger things from him and Nacho also expects bigger things from himself.

It's obvious Nacho is one player that is so focused you can't sway or distract him and with Iwobi constantly hanging around Nacho, I expect Such attitude to rub off on him too with time even though Iwobi himself is a focused young lad.

But there are various degrees of focus and levels of commitment to a cause.

Nacho's is on a very high level and now Al-Mubarak has noticed. Iwobi can draw from that via his association with his best pal, Nacho. I strongly believe that will happen.

I do believe this because same happened to a couple of guys who always hung around me in my first degree studies. Somehow, that fire in you if strong enough will be so contagious it will rub off on them and raise their focus levels beyond normal.

There are a lot of guys with normal focus levels.... focus levels that are "just there" but if exposed to distractions it can start dropping gradually or if exposed to someone with a much higher focus level, he will be inspired to step up and go beyond because great things aren't achieved by "the normal" but by "above the normal". smiley wink

In all, thanks for the heads up Madam First lady of NL Sports....... We won't lose Iwobi smiley

..............................................................................................

P.S: Iwobi really adores Nacho so much. We see that also in the national team when Iwobi went like " Wow and Ouuchh" when Nacho drew a brilliant save outta that goalie in the Luxembourg friendly....

And most especially in how Iwobi ran all the way from the bench to congratulate Nacho for his brilliant ball steal, solo run from midfield and awesome Vision plus assist to Ighalo for Nigeria's Third and final goal in the Luxembourg friendly.

With that kind of bond, Nacho will definitely rub off on Iwobi added to Iwobi's own ambitions to wanna reach or even surpass his uncle's heights.

Once again, Nice heads-up Madam Safari.... wink

safarigirl:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:40am On Jun 13, 2016
safarigirl:

Na wa ooo! Is he not aware of what happened to Baloteli with extravagant life style in England?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:48am On Jun 13, 2016
safarigirl:

Na wa ooo! Is he not aware of what happened to Baloteli with such extravagant life style in England?

This is disturbing. I hope Okocha speaks to him. The little success he achieved recently have entered into his head.

It seems he doesn't have a bigger dream else he would have been more focused and motivated without heeding to distractions around him.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Gerrard59(m): 11:49am On Jun 13, 2016
safarigirl:
Women are destroyers, especially in the lives of young men trying to get good careers,

I know that this isn't my turf(Sport section), however, are you saying WOMEN are an impeding block to a man's success? Isn't Ronaldo following women? What about Sterling that's a father? Mikel nko? Majority of footballers if not all have WAGS, what he needs is discipline. Kapish.

Moreover, I understand that the lad is young(all lads are young sef), however, for you to write/say that women nay girls are destroyers in a man's success, and this coming from a lady is absurd.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by amagunnerfan: 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
olapluto:

He speaks good, and speaks what we want to ear. Does he play as well? He is good for his age, but he has a very very long way to go. I watched some of his highlights, and he is as good as any boy in U15 camp. However, I think he's yet to show exceptional skills or strength to make him stand out. He should be played at our U15 level more to get the exposure.
I will advice him to stay quiet and let his legs talk for him. He seems to be in the news too much for his own good. Maybe a pushy parent or overzealous agent is behind all the seemingly scripted answers in the video.
I absolutely agree with you.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
**Smiles** Firstly, I will like say, Welcome and please feel free to contribute at any time. Sports cut across all walks of life. smiley

Now I know she said "Women" as if she was referring to "all women" but nope... she wasn't... Her essay does not seek to condemn all ladies or label all women potential destroyers of men... nope.

Also, You mentioned Ronaldo and Mikel, these are established super stars, she refers to young and rising players.

Even the Sterling you mentioned is no where near world class please... what has he achieved that you mention him? What if her point is being made sef in Sterling's case ? #JustSaying.

Also, be reminded of Samson in the Bible, Julius Ceaser of Rome, Marc Anthony, King Solomon, etc...

All he needs is discipline alright... but sometimes Discipline requires that one stays away from "temptation's arena".

And sir, on her being a lady and saying that young men should stay away from flings with ladies when still tender is not an absurd advice.

In fact, it shows the honesty in the Lady. Please, do not misunderstand her stance.

She is not labelling ladies as devils... but please answer this. Did your parents or elders never tell you to beware of certain evils as you grew into your teens or twenties?

"Evils" like Booze, The lure of women (as in pre-marital sex and emotional imbalance), and lust for money??

Be honest..... wink

So you see Sir... Safarigirl's advice is not absurd but spot on.

P.S: When a man is young, his emotional energy and capacity are very high. Wherever he channels that his emotional energy to majorly, be it his studies, career, business, dreams or sex, or women... that will determine how far he goes.

Even C.Ronaldo and Mikel applied this without knowing its full principle. wink At 19, 20, 21... We never heard of Mikel with a woman.

Gerrard59:

I know that this isn't my turf(Sport section), however, are you saying WOMEN are an impeding block to a man's success? Isn't Ronaldo following women? What about Sterling that's a father? Mikel nko? Majority of footballers if not all have WAGS, what he needs is discipline. Kapish.

Moreover, I understand that the lad is young(all lads are young sef), however, for you to write/say that women nay girls are destroyers in a man's success, and this coming from a lady is absurd.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
A lot of people mistake who owns Manchester City because the owner does not come regularly to the Etihad Campus and Stadium.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak - Manchester City Chairman

CEO of the Mubadala Development Company. He sits on a number of boards, including First Gulf Bank, Aldar Properties and Ferrari. Al Mubarak is also a member of the Executive Council for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and chairman of Executive Affairs Authority.

He became the chairman of Manchester City Football Club, when the club was bought by the Abu Dhabi United Group back in September 2008.

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2016
Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan - Sheikh Mansour - Manchester City Owner

Deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates, minister of presidential affairs and member of the ruling family of Abu Dhabi. He is the half brother of the current President of UAE, Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

Mansour owns stakes in a number of business ventures, including Virgin Galactic and Sky News Arabia. He is also the owner of the privately held Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG), a specialist investment company that successfully acquired Manchester City Football Club in September 2008.

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
Khaldoon Al Mubarak is Manchester City's Chairman and he works for the owner Sheikh Mansour.

Two Bosses, One Club, One Dream.

CITYZENS

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
safarigirl:

If thats the kind of life he is into then, he needs serious counsel.

Its too early for his career.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:44pm On Jun 13, 2016
Forgive me Sir GoodJoe.... I mixed it up. smiley

TheGoodJoe:
A lot of people mistake who owns Manchester City because the owner does not come regularly to the Etihad Campus and Stadium.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2016
Gerrard59:

bros, I am female.

I have seen the type if destruction girls can do to men. Look at Balotelli for instance...the CR7 you speak of, which woman is he following? CR7 is smart. Do you know his bay mama? Do you think the girls that hang around him enjoy his money?

Having a bevy of ladies whose names you don't remember the next morning is not the same as having one constant presence....especially the one that apparently, is just another opportunist.

Women can be dangerous. Women, gambling and alcohol, one or more of tthese three things destroy most men.

If you see what I see on Snapchat, you would be pissed as well

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
safarigirl:
bros, I am female.

I have seen the type if destruction girls can do to men. Look at Balotelli for instance...the CR7 you speak of, which woman is he following? CR7 is smart. Do you know his bay mama? Do you think the girls that hang around him enjoy his money?

Having a bevy of ladies whose names you don't remember the next morning is not the same as having one constant presence....especially the one that apparently, is just another opportunist.

Women can be dangerous. Women, gambling and alcohol, one or more of tthese three things destroy most men.

Please can you post one of the pics you found disturbing.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by confun: 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
safarigirl:
bros, I am female.

pls I need to see what you saw, kindly post it pls

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2016
When Sterling started, he thought he was enjoying...

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
As safarigirl pointed out. As soon as Sterling's form dropped, my mind went to those pics.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2016
confun:
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Gerrard59(m): 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2016
safarigirl:
bros, I am female.
TheSuperNerd:

Thank you both. Inasmuch as it's against my values to denigrate women, I appreciate your opinions. I guess this is where good upbringing comes to play(not necessarily religion based).

Thanks for the welcome...Unfortunately, Nigerian football(I follow a variety of sports; Tennis, Rugby, Boxing, Formula 1, Golf etc) isn't my turf, European football more like. Ever since Liverpool changed managers like clothes, I became a passive fan (let the best team win).

I love the maturity here(unlike the Politics and Romance section..warfront)...

That been said..the English team is over-rated.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
confun:
I wish I could, but Snapchat videos have a 24-hr expiry date and the vid has expired. I don't even have the app for downloading it.

Will see if I can get it and upload consequent videis
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2016
safarigirl:
I wish I could, but Snapchat videos have a 24-hr expiry date and the vid has expired. I don't even have the app for downloading it.

Will see if I can get it and upload consequent videis

Next time, you can pause the video and take a screen shot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.