Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,794 members, 7,841,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (701497 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:03am On Aug 03, 2015
All qualifiers emerge:

Algeria
Egypt
Tunisia
South Africa
Zambia
Nigeria
Mali
Senegal (Hosts)

This will definitely b a keenly contested championship as all 8 are heavy weights in African football.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:05am On Aug 03, 2015
Icon4s:
All qualifiers emerge:

Algeria
Egypt
Tunisia
South Africa
Zambia
Nigeria
Mali
Senegal (Hosts)

This will definitely b a keenly contested championship as all 8 are heavy weights in African football.
and as usual, East Africa is nowhere to be found.

Honestly,.can't even say which team(s) would be more favourable for us. For now, I pull out Zambia, Tunisia and SA....hopefully we stay away from those West Africans.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:14am On Aug 03, 2015
safarigirl:
and as usual, East Africa is nowhere to be found.

Honestly,.can't even say which team(s) would be more favourable for us. For now, I pull out Zambia, Tunisia and SA....hopefully we stay away from those West Africans.

True talk.

Zambia and South Africa seem to b d 2 weekest on paper when u consider pedigrees at this age grade level. Hey! bt u never can tell. There will nt b any easy grp. No team is even looking like favourites.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
I don't know why these people continue to ban me on sports section.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
terzurum5:
I don't know why these people continue to ban me on sports section.
must be spambot
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by juwoonn(m): 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
There is free 50K for grabs for newbies on NairaB3t; just follow my signature for details, if you're interested cheesy

Goodluck
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
safarigirl:
must be spambot
Whats my offence then?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Jaypea98: 11:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
Icon4s:

True talk.

Zambia and South Africa seem to b d 2 weekest on paper when u consider pedigrees at this age grade level. Hey! bt u never can tell. There will nt b any easy grp. No team is even looking like favourites.
its already been anlysed and its gonna be Nigeria Egypt Algeria Senegal MARK MY WORD
CC safarigirl
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:28am On Aug 05, 2015
Jaypea98:

its already been anlysed and its gonna be Nigeria Egypt Algeria Senegal MARK MY WORD
CC safarigirl

Bros its nt by analysis; CAF will have to conducts draws. So lets wait till then.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Jaypea98: 9:54am On Aug 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Bros its nt by analysis; CAF will have to conducts draws. So lets wait till then.
I m not oblivious of that fact bro but analysts on Channel Sports Tonight have hinted at a possibility of it occuring.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:06am On Aug 05, 2015
Jaypea98:

I m not oblivious of that fact bro but analysts on Channel Sports Tonight have hinted at a possibility of it occuring.
Oh so u heard from Channel Sports. So Toyin Ibitoye and his crew are now d ones that determine groupings for CAF? Pple that i can bet that dey dnt even know how d 8 teams Will b seeded and potted.
U are now coming here shouting "MARK MY WORDS".

We wait for CAF to come up with d rankings and seedings for d other 7 teams, bc we know Senegal as hosts are seeded in grp A, & then we can start our permutations.

Besides, Toyin Ibitoye is nt a sports analyst. He is a Sports Journalist. They are 2 différent fields. They only talk sports dey do little or no analysis. Ok?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Jaypea98: 10:17am On Aug 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Oh so u heard from Channel Sports. So Toyin Ibitoye and his crew are now d ones that determine groupings for CAF? Pple that i can bet that dey dnt even know how d 8 teams Will b seeded and potted.
U are now coming here shouting "MARK MY WORDS".

We wait for CAF to come up with d rankings and seedings for d other 7 teams, bc we know Senegal as hosts are seeded in grp A, & then we can start our permutations.

Besides, Toyin Ibitoye is nt a sports analyst. He is a Sports Journalist. They are 2 différent fields. They only talk sports dey dnt do any analysis. Ok?

lets place a bet then .Make suggestions
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:19am On Aug 05, 2015
Jaypea98:

lets place a bet then .Make suggestions

My God! shocked

U are unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Jaypea98: 10:34am On Aug 05, 2015
Icon4s:

My God! shocked

U are unbelievable.
If i m right you ll never show your face on this thread and vice versa are you in?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Jaypea98: 10:47am On Aug 05, 2015
Icon4s:

My God! shocked

U are unbelievable.
If i m right you ll never show your face on this thread and vice versa are you in?..
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:01am On Aug 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
2015 All Africa Games: Egypt, Algeria camp in China for Nigeria
[/size]
In readiness for Nigeria at the 2015 All Africa Games, Egypt and Algeria are at present in China honing their skills in table tennis for the multi-sports championship in Congo Brazzaville.
After dominating the just concluded ITTF Africa Senior Cup in Cameroon, Egypt returned to Asia this week to continue with their build-up under the tutelage of their Chinese coach.
Also, 15 Algerian players were sighted at a training camp in Shanghai under the watchful of their French technical adviser, Cedric Rouleau.
For the Egyptians, this year’s games hope to be excited as Omar Assar, El-Sayed Lashin and Mohammed El-Beiali as well as Dina Meshref and Nadeen El-Dawlatly are in the best form of their lives considering their performance at the Cameroon tournament.
Before the Cameroon competition, the Egyptian team has embarked on a one month training tour in China and they have also decided to return to perfect their skills for the games.
Unlike their Egyptian counterparts, Algeria were camped in Algiers for the Cameroon championship and having seen their level during the ITTF Africa Senior Cup, the team moved to China to continue their training as well.
Host – Congo Brazzaville will also be rounding up their one-year training tour of China this month having perfected formalities for the engagement of their Chinese players who are also expected to feature for the Central African region during the championship.
Vice President, Africa Table Tennis Federation (ATTF), Olabanji Oladapo told NationSport Tuesday that Nigeria must brace up if its hopes to clinch any medal in Brazzaville.
“I don’t think we should be relaxed this year because with what I saw at the Cameroon championship, it is clear that everybody is after Nigeria. They all know that we are capable of springing surprises and I am sure they know that they have to be at their best to overcome Nigeria. I know we have the quality in terms of talents, but we just need to harness these talents to achieve the optimum results in Brazzaville. I believe that with a technically sound coach, we can do better in Brazzaville and this I believe is the only way we can perform beyond every expectation,” Oladapo said.
[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/2015-all-africa-games-egypt-algeria-camp-in-china-for-nigeria/
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:02am On Aug 05, 2015
[size=14pt]
Awoniyi to sign pro contract with Kalmar next week
[/size]
Taiwo Awoniyi is expected to sign a professional deal with Swedish club Kalmar next Wednesday when he officially attains the age of maturity.
But Thomas Andersson Borstam, the sporting director of the Red Brothers, did not give away much information when asked to provide an update on the situation of the Nigeria youth international
“There are a lot of clubs interested so we’ll see how it goes,” Borstam told barometern.se.
Awoniyi has been linked with possible moves to clubs in Tunisia, Greece, Austria, England, Holland and Portugal but the interested teams have to negotiate with Kalmar.
Kalmar have already paid Seyi Olofinjana €25,000 or 16.7 per cent of Awoniyi’s transfer fee while representatives of the club loaned him $2,500 late last year.

thenationonlineng.net/awoniyi-to-sign-pro-contract-with-kalmar-next-week/
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:03am On Aug 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria: Kanu, Siasia, Glo Hail Dream Team
[/size]
By Mansur Abubakar
Former Super Eagles skipper, Nwankwo Kanu and Nigeria U-23 coach Samson Siasia have lauded the Dream Team after their 0-0 draw against Congo U23, which ensured they qualified for the 2015 African U-23 Championship billed for Senegal.
The Dream Team VI were on the brink of elimination after winning the first leg 2-1, with Claude LeRoy's team needing just a goal to scale through, but the Nigerians held their nerves to run away without conceding a goal.
Besides congratulating Coach Samson Siasia and the U-23 Eagles after the Congo draw on Sunday, the former Arsenal striker also took time to hail his former club for beating Chelsea to win the FA Community Shield at Wembley Stadium on Sunday.
The 1993 FIFA U-17 World Cup winner and Atlanta '96 Olympics gold medalist wrote on his Twitter page: "Well done our Nigeria Dream Team. Well done to Siasia and the team."
Papilo commended Arsenal for their victory. "Well done Arsenal," he wrote moments after they defeated Chelsea 1-0.
Also speaking after the game, coach Siasia praised his side for getting the job done, though, unhappy they missed some clear cut chances to score.
"Playing a match like this is always difficult, but then I knew our best tactics for this game was to go all out and attack, because if they scored a goal against us, we would be out of the race," said Siasia as quoted by the NFF website.
"My boys did what I told them, but then we missed a couple of clear chances that are unpardonable. However, we did the job and we are into the African U-23 finals."
Nigeria, Algeria, Egypt, South Africa, Tunisia, Zambia, Senegal and Gabon will compete in the eight-team tournament that will take place in December in order to find Africa's three representatives at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Before the African U-23 Championship, the Dream Team will take part in the All Africa Games in Brazzaville, Congo which will be coming up next month.
Also, Nigeria national football teams' sponsor, Globacom, yesterday commended the Dream Team for qualifying for the African Championship after holding Congo to a goalless draw in Pointe Noire on Sunday.
Globacom, in a press statement yesterday commended the team for making Nigeria proud.
The Dream Team players held their nerves in the crucial encounter and will now play in the eight-team African Qualifying Tournament billed for Senegal in November alongside the host nation, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Zambia, South Africa and Mali.
"We never wavered in our belief that the Dream Team would qualify, despite the tight first leg result. We are delighted that they did not disappoint Nigerians who supported them all the way," Glo stated.
[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201508041277.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:11am On Aug 05, 2015
[size=14pt]
Chuba Akpom joins Hull City on loan
[/size]
Arsenal have announced that Nigerian-born striker Chuba Akpom has joined English Championship side Hull City on loan for the new season.
Akpom shone for Arsenal in the recent pre-season build-up, notching a hat-trick against Singapore XI and featuring in four of the five matches by the Arsenal main team leading up to the new campaign.
He has previously gone on loan to Nottingham Forest, Coventry and Brentford.
The young striker joined Arsenal when he was only six years old.
He made his Arsenal first team debut against Sunderland in September 2013.
Last season he made seven senior appearances for the club, as well as remaining a prolific presence for the under-21s.

africanfootball.com/news/557073/Chuba-Akpom-joins-Hull-City-on-loan

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:37am On Aug 05, 2015
Jaypea98:

If i m right you ll never show your face on this thread and vice versa are you in?
guy, it's not that serious.

why e no go show face for thread? a whole pioneer, abeg carry your wahala go another place. you be pikin?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Jaypea98: 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
safarigirl:

why e no go show face for thread? a whole pioneer, abeg carry your wahala go another place. you be pikin?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
Aerial views of Rio 2016 Olympic preparations

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2015
Jaypea98:

Well, from ur Moniker i can figure out u were born in 1998. I had suspected u were a kid all along.Go read your books kid.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
safarigirl:

Abeg no waste ur energy on d kid. He jst got a mobile phone for his 17th birthday.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
2015 All Africa Games: Egypt, Algeria camp in China for Nigeria
[/size]
In readiness for Nigeria at the 2015 All Africa Games, Egypt and Algeria are at present in China honing their skills in table tennis for the multi-sports championship in Congo Brazzaville.
After dominating the just concluded ITTF Africa Senior Cup in Cameroon, Egypt returned to Asia this week to continue with their build-up under the tutelage of their Chinese coach.
Also, 15 Algerian players were sighted at a training camp in Shanghai under the watchful of their French technical adviser, Cedric Rouleau.
For the Egyptians, this year’s games hope to be excited as Omar Assar, El-Sayed Lashin and Mohammed El-Beiali as well as Dina Meshref and Nadeen El-Dawlatly are in the best form of their lives considering their performance at the Cameroon tournament.
Before the Cameroon competition, the Egyptian team has embarked on a one month training tour in China and they have also decided to return to perfect their skills for the games.
Unlike their Egyptian counterparts, Algeria were camped in Algiers for the Cameroon championship and having seen their level during the ITTF Africa Senior Cup, the team moved to China to continue their training as well.
Host – Congo Brazzaville will also be rounding up their one-year training tour of China this month having perfected formalities for the engagement of their Chinese players who are also expected to feature for the Central African region during the championship.
Vice President, Africa Table Tennis Federation (ATTF), Olabanji Oladapo told NationSport Tuesday that Nigeria must brace up if its hopes to clinch any medal in Brazzaville.
“I don’t think we should be relaxed this year because with what I saw at the Cameroon championship, it is clear that everybody is after Nigeria. They all know that we are capable of springing surprises and I am sure they know that they have to be at their best to overcome Nigeria. I know we have the quality in terms of talents, but we just need to harness these talents to achieve the optimum results in Brazzaville. I believe that with a technically sound coach, we can do better in Brazzaville and this I believe is the only way we can perform beyond every expectation,” Oladapo said.
[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/2015-all-africa-games-egypt-algeria-camp-in-china-for-nigeria/

Bros this is nt football news.It is table tennis. Meaning u did copy and paste without reading.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2015
terzurum5:
[size=14pt]
Awoniyi to sign pro contract with Kalmar next week
[/size]
Taiwo Awoniyi is expected to sign a professional deal with Swedish club Kalmar next Wednesday when he officially attains the age of maturity.
But Thomas Andersson Borstam, the sporting director of the Red Brothers, did not give away much information when asked to provide an update on the situation of the Nigeria youth international
“There are a lot of clubs interested so we’ll see how it goes,” Borstam told barometern.se.
Awoniyi has been linked with possible moves to clubs in Tunisia, Greece, Austria, England, Holland and Portugal but the interested teams have to negotiate with Kalmar.
Kalmar have already paid Seyi Olofinjana €25,000 or 16.7 per cent of Awoniyi’s transfer fee while representatives of the club loaned him $2,500 late last year.

thenationonlineng.net/awoniyi-to-sign-pro-contract-with-kalmar-next-week/

Safarigirl come see o. Ur food don don. Una dey relocate go Sweden be that. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by LeeCodeman: 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Bros this is nt football news.It is table tennis. Meaning u did copy and paste without reading.

LOL...it was a mistake.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:31pm On Aug 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Safarigirl come see o. Ur food don don. Una dey relocate go Sweden be that. grin
Sharp sharp
Time no dey gringrin
#TeamForeignWedding#
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
Icon4s:

You just hit the stick on my head.
So embarrassing. Was just carried away.
Lol.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
Icon4s:

lol...make una leave me and my baby o. Let him settle down first before we talk of moving grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.