Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697926 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:32pm On Nov 20, 2015
terzurum5:
[size=14pt]
AF Nigeria England
Akpom scores, Iorfa stars in England U21s win
[/size]

Iorfa (right)

England U21s defeated their Swiss counterparts 3-1 with Nigerian-born star Chuba Akpom getting on the scoreboard and compatriot Dominic Iorfa on for the entire duration.

Another Nigerian-born ace Dominic Solanke led the England strike force for 89 minutes.

Switzerland led after 45 minutes, before England produced a late rally to win.

Arsenal loanee Akpom came off the bench in the 58thminute to score England’s third goal on the stroke of full time in this European U21 Championship qualifier.

He blasted home a right-footed shot from the centre of the box.
Wolves defender Iorfa was on from start to finish.

FC Basel ace Manuel Akanji, whose father is Nigerian, featured for Switzerland.

England top Group 9 with 10 points from four matches

africanfootball.com/news/585620/Akpom-scores-Iorfa-stars-in-England-U21s-win

If this Dominic Iorfa is this good, I just wonder why our U-20 Coaches never deemed it fit ti invite him. Even Coach Samson Siasia has not given him a look in.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2015
Icon4s:

This can be likened to cutting off of the face just to deal with a running nose. Peeps following this U23 Team know that Sokari and Etor have a lot to offer this team. Infact, they are the engine room of that midfield. It is true that no play is indispensable but our local coaches should know how to manage situations like this. Ok what of Chima Akas that was with Super Eagles and played against Swaziland is Siasia also excluding him from his U23 Team bc he was in the Super Eagles camp? Siasia should simply have reached an understanding with Enyimba for Sokari and Etor to join up with the Team 2 or 3 days later.

And when he fails to reach an agreement with the players or their Clubs, the players can still insist on leaving right? You keep on emphasising on management, but how best will you manage when simple instruction that is meant to achieve the overall objective is completely disobeyed/ If am the Coach, I will simply work with players who buy into my philisophy. How many times did these players and their Clubs, management team ignore Coach Siasia's plea
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
BlackAlbino6:

And when he fails to reach an agreement with the players or their Clubs, the players can still insist on leaving right? You keep on emphasising on management, but how best will you manage when simple instruction that is meant to achieve the overall objective is completely disobeyed?

If am the Coach, I will simply work with players who buy into my philisophy. How many times did these players and their Clubs management team ignore Coach Siasia's plea, that they should report to camp on time for a serious preparations for the U-23 AFCON tournament? The Coach has been overlooking them, so to you that was good player management, isn't it? So to you, good management of players mean you should always dance to the tune of players and clubs demands not minding the gravity of responsibility on your shoulders, right?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2015
Icon4s:

Injuries.

Ya, both of them got injured either during the qualifiers or the AAGs proper, some thing of that nature.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
South Africa U23 coach - It’s all about versatility
[/size]
[img]http://africanfootball.com/news/586546/South-Africa-U23-coach-Its-all-about-versatility[/img]
Owen Dagama Coach of South Africa U-23

by Phumzile Ngcatshe
South Africa Under 23 coach Owen Da Gama has explained his decision to include more midfielders in his squad for the upcoming CAF U23 Eight Nations tournament in Senegal.

‘Rubber Doll’ believes selecting versatile players will help his side in case of injuries.

'ODG' was speaking to African Football during his 21-man squad announcement in Johannesburg on Thursday. The team is set to report for camp on Sunday and jet out of the country on Tuesday, 24 November.

“I think yes I’ve packed the midfield because our play will start from there, our creativity will start from the wings,” said Da Gama.

“We’ve got Siphelele Ntshangase upfront and we also have to understand that a player like Abbubaker Mobara can play at the back.

“Gift Motupa can also play as a striker, Menzi Masuku can play as a striker and it’s basically players that are versatile.

“I think that’s what you need when going to a tournament like this one, let’s give an example, you have two right backs who can only play in that position.

“If they get injured you’ve got a problem but if you have versatile players, it’s easier that way.

“I think the most important thing is that in our past friendlies we scored goals, our creativity and speed is second to none and the boys are hungry for goals. Keagan Dolly is scoring at Mamelodi Sundowns, Menzi and Motupa are also scoring at Orlando Pirates,” adds the coach.

“We’ve got various angles of scoring, I believe we can score goals. Our whole emphasis of attack is about scoring goals.

“From a defensive point of view, we’ve conceded very few goals so we’re very strong in that aspect but we need to find the right balance.

“We’re not defensive, we go out there and play the best football but we must score goals.”
http://africanfootball.com/news/586546/South-Africa-U23-coach-Its-all-about-versatility
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Egypt U23s warn Nigeria after Cameroon win
[/size]

Egypt midfielder Saleh Gomaa (Photo: Reuters)

Egypt have fired a serious warning to Nigeria ahead of the U23 AFCON in Senegal after they defeated Cameroon 2-1 in a test game at the Sharm El-Sheikh stadium.

Nigeria battle Egypt on December 2 in Mbour for a place in next year’s Rio Olympics.

The Egyptian side started the game so strongly and managed to open the scoring in the 16th minute.

Mohamed Salem scored after he followed a mistake from the Cameroonian goalkeeper who failed to deal with Saleh Gomaa’s cross.

The beginning of the second half saw three substitutions for the Egyptian side as Mohamed Adel, Karim Mamdouh and Mohamed Ashraf came on for Mohamed Hamdy, Osama Ibrahim and Mohamed Fathi respectively.

On the hour, Cameroon managed to equalise after a rocket beyond goalkeeper Awad.

Six minutes later, the substitute Karim Mamdouh scored the second for the Egyptians after he followed Ramadan Sobhy’s shot.

In the 80th minute Ramdan Sobhy missed a penalty after he easily put the ball in the hands of Cameroonian goalkeeper.

Egypt wasted several other chances and will play another friendly against the Cameroonians on Sunday.

Egypt XI: Mossad Awad; Mohamed Hmady, Ragab Nabil, Yasser Ibrahim, Osama Ibrahim; Saleh Gomaa, Mohamed Fathi, Mohamed Hany, Ramadan Sobhy; Shokry Nagib and Mohamed Salem.
http://africanfootball.com/news/586512/Egypt-U23s-warn-Nigeria-after-Cameroon-win
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2015
How far did Nigeria go at the AAG?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adegwurulez(m): 7:19pm On Nov 20, 2015
BlackAlbino6:

If this Dominic Iorfa is this good, I just wonder why our U-20 Coaches never deemed it fit ti invite him. Even Coach Samson Siasia has not given him a look in.
according to dominic iorfa snr, his son will play for England in the jnr level and switch to the super eagles. Quite dissapointing coming from an ex-international

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:02am On Nov 21, 2015
[size=14pt]
Siasia drops Victor Osimhen in Final 23 Man Squad for CAF U23 Cup Of Nations
[/size]

By seyi daniels
Golden Eaglets Striker Victor Osihmen has been dropped from Coach Samson Siasia’s final 23-man list to Senegal.

Osimhen who was top scorer at the 2015 FIFA U17 world Cup with 10 goals could not make the final list of players to grace the tournament according to AfricanFootball.com

Osimhen was invited by Coach Samson Siasia for a pre-tournament training in Gambia last week.

The likes of Ajayi Junior, Isaac Success and Taiwo Awoniyi have been called upon for the tournament which kicks off this month
siasia-drops-victor-osimhen-in-final-23-man-squad-for-caf-u23-cup-of-nations

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:12am On Nov 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Gambia/Nigeria: Gambian Hospitality Surprises Nigeria U-23 Coach
[/size]

By Arfang Ms Camara

Coach of Nigeria's Olympic team, Samson Siasia, said he is surprised by the welcome and hospitality to his team since their arrival in The Gambia for a 12-day training camp ahead of the African U-23 championship in Senegal.

Siasia and his side, dubbed the Dream Team, arrived in the country on Sunday to prepare and better acclimatise themselves for the weather conditions of neighbouring Senegal as they bid to secure qualification to the 2016 Olympics in Rio, Brazil.

The tactician, upon arrival in the country, had said safety and love for visitors actually necessitated his choice of Gambia as training camp, but even he seems to be taken aback by the hospitality of the smiling coast, even though he admitted to have heard nice things about the country. He also used the opportunity to thank The Gambia Football Federation for the support.

Siasia also spoke on some of his players not joining camp on time but added even that wouldn't affect their preparations going into the championship in Senegal as they began their campaign to improve on the second place finish at the 2008 Games in Beijing.

He added that they relaxed a lot in the last three days but hopes to recover on time ahead of the proposed three friendly games in The Gambia, starting with Saturday's test against the national U-20 team.

"The Olympics is one of the biggest tournaments in the world and we want to be part of it by doing our best in Senegal so as to qualify for the competition," he said.

"I take discipline very seriously right from when I started coaching, am trying to see we do the right thing."

Siasia has also given chance to a couple of youngsters who helped Nigeria in defending the World U-17 title in Chile earlier this month, including the leading scorer and best player of that tournament Victor Osimhen. He said their inclusion in the team has to do with their performance in that competition.

On his philosophy as a coach, Siasia said he always tries to be nice with the players and hard on them when necessary.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201511201797.html
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:18am On Nov 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Gambia: Siasia Urges Authorities to Act Tough On Kidnapping
[/size]
By Arfang Ms Camara

Nigeria's U-23 coach, Samson Siasia, has urged his country's government to take action against kidnapping, saying that the business cannot come back after efforts to curb it.

Siasia, who expressed these sentiments in The Gambia in an exclusive interview with the Daily Observer on Wednesday, was speaking in the aftermath of the kidnapping of his mother by three gunmen in Odoni, Bayelsa. He described the abduction as a huge blow

"My mum's issue is a very big blow, because having gone with all this stress [of air travel when the flight had a slight problem in Ghana on its way to The Gambia] and my wife called me the next day to say that my mum has been kidnapped," a grieved Siasis lamented.

"I said how is that possible, an old woman in the village; what had come into their minds that they want to kidnap my mother and for what reason I don't know."

After the incident, he said, he didn't initially inform anyone in the team aside from the media officer of the Nigerian Football Federation, who they are travelling with, and his personal assistant because he doesn't want to further stress the team.

"As a human being, you don't need to kidnap anyone at all. It is not normal and these guys should have looked for a job instead of kidnapping and looking for handouts, which is not helping the country."
http://allafrica.com/stories/201511201784.html
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:22am On Nov 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Surprises in Nigeria final squad for U23 AFCON
[/size]
by Samm Audu
Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia has effected several surprises on his final squad for the U23 AFCON in Senegal with former skipper Erhun Obanor the biggest casaulty.

Onazi injured in Eagles clash

It was specially gathered that Abia Warriors defender Obanor, who was team skipper of Dream Team VI last year, failed to make the final cut for the U23 AFCON, which will also serve as qualifiers for next year’s Olympics in Rio.

Obanor was replaced by Nigeria U20 central defender Zaharadeen Bello with former Dolphins defender Chizoba Amaefule also making the cut.

Heartland goalkeeper Emmanuel Iwu has also been picked for the tournament in Senegal.

Siasia has listed only four foreign-based stars for the competition, which kicks off on November 28 in Dakar.

Nigeria’s opening match will be against Mali on November 29 in Mbour.

They will also face Egypt and Algeria.
http://africanfootball.com/news/586613/Surprises-in-Nigeria-final-squad-for-U23-AFCON
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:34am On Nov 21, 2015
But the NFF website and official twitter handle said that Osimhen will feature today (alongside Emma Daniel, Dimgba, Segun Oduduwa, Oghenekaro Etebo, etc) against Gambian Super league Runners-up (deputy Champions), Real de Banjul fc.

Real de Banjul is said to parade Some of Gambia's finest u-20 and u-23 talents.

I think the final list has been submitted or will be soon because reports also say Zaharadeen bello made the list while Erhun Obanor was dropped.

I also understand that Awoniyi, Junior Ajayi, Azubuike Okechukwu, and Isaac Success are the likely foreign Pros on the list. Does it mean Granada's bid to hold on to Success will fail?

Well, so many questions but I'll wait till the official "final list" is released to the media.

Orkpekyandega:
[size=14pt]
[/size]

By seyi daniels
Golden Eaglets Striker Victor Osihmen has been dropped from Coach Samson Siasia’s final 23-man list to Senegal.

Osimhen who was top scorer at the 2015 FIFA U17 world Cup with 10 goals could not make the final list of players to grace the tournament according to AfricanFootball.com

Osimhen was invited by Coach Samson Siasia for a pre-tournament training in Gambia last week.

The likes of Ajayi Junior, Isaac Success and Taiwo Awoniyi have been called upon for the tournament which kicks off this month

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:42am On Nov 21, 2015
[size=14pt]
Nigeria U23s face Gambia in test game
[/size]

Nigeria U23 striker Junior Ajayi (left)

Nigeria U23s will take on their counterparts from The Gambia in a test game on Saturday preparatory to U23 AFCON in Senegal.

It will be the Samson Siasia-led team’s first game since they began training in the Gambia ahead of the tournament.

They are expected to play at least two other warm-up matches before they depart for U23 AFCON in next-door Senegal.

Nigeria’s U23 group rivals Algeria and Egypt have also been preparing for the competition by playing test games.

Egypt defeated Cameroon 2-1 at home and are due to play another game with the same team on Sunday, while Algeria fell to Tunisia 2-0 in a warm-up clash.
http://africanfootball.com//news/586617/Nigeria-U23s-face-Gambia-in-test-game
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:43am On Nov 21, 2015
Hmmm..... This report says we play Gambia U-20 today. But the NFF site says Real de Banjul fc of Gambia (who has some of Gambia's U-20 and U-23 top talents) is our Opponent today.

Time was even put at 10 am (meaning that by calculations, the game should be on by now).

Maybe the Gambian U-20 team is one of the next two opponents after today's game for the Nigerian U-23 Dream Team Eagles.

Or maybe they are indeed our opponents for today with The Real de Banjul game to come up on monday.

Whatever the case, Go get them Dream Team!!!!!!!!

*smiles*

Orkpekyandega:
[b][size=14pt]
Gambia/Nigeria: Gambian Hospitality Surprises Nigeria U-23 Coach
[/size]

By Arfang Ms Camara

Coach of Nigeria's Olympic team, Samson Siasia, said he is surprised by the welcome and hospitality to his team since their arrival in The Gambia for a 12-day training camp ahead of the African U-23 championship in Senegal.

Siasia and his side, dubbed the Dream Team, arrived in the country on Sunday to prepare and better acclimatise themselves for the weather conditions of neighbouring Senegal as they bid to secure qualification to the 2016 Olympics in Rio, Brazil.

The tactician, upon arrival in the country, had said safety and love for visitors actually necessitated his choice of Gambia as training camp, but even he seems to be taken aback by the hospitality of the smiling coast, even though he admitted to have heard nice things about the country. He also used the opportunity to thank The Gambia Football Federation for the support.

Siasia also spoke on some of his players not joining camp on time but added even that wouldn't affect their preparations going into the championship in Senegal as they began their campaign to improve on the second place finish at the 2008 Games in Beijing.

He added that they relaxed a lot in the last three days but hopes to recover on time ahead of the proposed three friendly games in The Gambia, starting with Saturday's test against the national U-20 team.

"The Olympics is one of the biggest tournaments in the world and we want to be part of it by doing our best in Senegal so as to qualify for the competition," he said.

"I take discipline very seriously right from when I started coaching, am trying to see we do the right thing."

Siasia has also given chance to a couple of youngsters who helped Nigeria in defending the World U-17 title in Chile earlier this month, including the leading scorer and best player of that tournament Victor Osimhen. He said their inclusion in the team has to do with their performance in that competition.

On his philosophy as a coach, Siasia said he always tries to be nice with the players and hard on them when necessary.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201511201797.html
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:47am On Nov 21, 2015
[size=14pt]
Bulbwa scores in Esperance big win
[/size]

Bernard Bulbwa

Former Flying Eagles star Bernard Bulbwa scored his first league goal for Esperance in a Tunisian league game on Sunday as they thrashed AB Kasserine 5-0.

Esperance are second on the league table with 15 points from 6 games.

Bulbwa scored in the 80th minute to take the game to 4-0.

He has now scored a goal in two league games for Esperance.

The ex-Shuttle Sports Academy player won African U20 championship with Nigeria earlier this year, scoring the winner and was part of the team to the 2015 FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand.
http://africanfootball.com/news/581372/Bulbwa-scores-in-Esperance-big-win

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:59am On Nov 21, 2015
This Isaac Success must leaves that club now, whether by fire or by water. Kaiiiiiiiiii!!!

What a career threatening Club chai!!!

"His Club remains rooted to the bottom in the Laliga, but his agent still finds nothing wrong with the contract."
What becomes of his market value and career progress, when you are young and continue plying your trade in such a Club?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

That Club is iiiiiiisssssshhhhhh to me, for a bright talent like success

#IsaacSuccessMustLeaveGranadaNextSeason#

[size=14pt]
Isaac Success on target for La Liga bottom club Granada
[/size]

Isaac Success

Monday Oct 19, 2015. 23:40
Nigeria youth international Isaac Success scored his second goal in La Liga for struggling Granada, but his club remain rooted to the bottom of the table after a pulsating 3-3 draw at Sporting Gijon Monday night.

Success scored in the 41st minute, but Granada finished the game with nine men and home team Gijon pulled off a sensational draw after they had fallen behind 3-1.

The home team's equaliser was scored deep inside stoppage time.

Granada remained at the basement of La Liga table on five points from eight matches, while Gijon climbed to 12th with nine points.
http://mtnfootball.com/news/577711/Isaac-Success-on-target-for-La-Liga-bottom-club-Granada

Note: I know this news is stale, but still decided to post it so as to express myself.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06am On Nov 21, 2015
Orkpekyandega:
[size=14pt]
[/size]

By seyi daniels

Victor Osimhen should learn from his experience in camp. It is a star studded squad but Osimhen should work harder because Coach Siasia has his eyes on him.

Wishing the Dream team the best.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:30am On Nov 21, 2015

@TheSuperNerd, there is no where in my post where 'This report says we play Gambia U-20 today' is mentioned, or maybe I didn't get you right.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
Not that way.........*smiles*

This way:

"......... He added that they relaxed a lot in the last
three days but hopes to recover on time ahead
of the proposed three friendly games in The
Gambia, starting with Saturday's test against
the national U-20 team......."

Cut out from the news article (5th paragraph) I quoted which you posted.

*smiles* Tu comprends?

Orkpekyandega:

@TheSuperNerd, there is no where in my post where 'This report says we play Gambia U-20 today' is mentioned, or maybe I didn't get you right.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:09pm On Nov 21, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Not that way.........*smiles*

This way:

"......... He added that they relaxed a lot in the last
three days but hopes to recover on time ahead
of the proposed three friendly games in The
Gambia, starting with Saturday's test against
the national U-20 team......."

Cut out from the news article (5th paragraph) I quoted which you posted.

*smiles* Tu comprends?

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh......... Scratches head. I now understand what you mean.
I have seen what you are talking about on the NFF twitter handle. I guess there is a mix up somewhere. Now I don't even know which to go with. I still believe the news from the NFF should be more reliable. Any body following the match live?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Turkish club stop Aminu from U23 AFCON
[/size]

Aminu not for U23 AFCON

Umar Aminu will not feature for Nigeria at this month’s U23 AFCON after his Turkish club Osmalispor refused to release him for the competition, which will produce Africa’s flag bearers at next year’s Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

Aminu starred for Nigeria’s Dream Team VI at the recent All Africa Games in Congo Brazzaville, where Nigeria finished third.

However, he suffered a knee injury at the AAG, which sidelined him for several weeks and this may well have informed his club not to release him for the forthcoming U23 championship in Senegal.

Already, the Portuguese club of Shehu Abdullahi have blocked the Eagles defender from the same competition because it is not on the FIFA international calendar.

Coach Samson Siasia will now have to make do with only four overseas-based pros for the tournament, which kicks off on November 28.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
but frankly speaking.. are those caf administrators insane?
why fixing a tournament outside the FIFA calendar.?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
If NFF expects Granada to release Success at this time, they are kidding. No foreign player will be released for the tournament. You expect players in the middle of the Season, outside FIFA window to come? Funny. Even the ones sanctioned by FIFA, Clubs are still grumbling.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:18pm On Nov 21, 2015
Well, Nigeria U-23s beat Real De Banjul FC 3-0.

Oghenekaro Etebo got a hattrick. But Siasia says the team can do more because we missed a couple of good chances.

On monday, by 4pm, we take on (just as I predicted) the Gambian U-20 team.

Let's Keep it going Dream Team........ *smiles*

It's all about the Olympic Ticket.

Meanwhile, Nigerian starlet 18 year old Sadiq Umar finally made his Serie A debut as a late substitute for AS Roma. Cool!!!!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:11am On Nov 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Victor Osimhen should learn from his experience in camp. It is a star studded squad but Osimhen should work harder because Coach Siasia has his eyes on him.

Wishing the Dream team the best.

I am not surprised he was dropped. He is a good prospect but needs to work very hard, sign a good professional contract and get his career on d way. Come 2020 Olympics we hope to have him as our arrow head in d attack.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:36am On Nov 22, 2015
joseph1013:
If NFF expects Granada to release Success at this time, they are kidding. No foreign player will be released for the tournament. You expect players in the middle of the Season, outside FIFA window to come? Funny. Even the ones sanctioned by FIFA, Clubs are still grumbling.

Forget Success. Not when his Granada is battling relegation.City will nt release Iheanacho and I doubt Awoniyi' availability also. Now, this y I am nt happy with Siasia for d dropping of Kingsley Sokari and Daniel Etor. This duo were instrumental to our AAG bronze medal. He is further depleting a below par team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by kindredspirit(m): 7:46am On Nov 22, 2015
Guys, I'm going to miss Daniel Etor in this team. I wish he wasn't axed. Dude was a real workaholic with an "educated" left foot. He's (was) the best player in the U-23 team, IMO.

About the strikers : I wish Junior Ajayi's goal-conversion rate was higher. Boss fritters away way too many chances than he converts. If there wasn't a dearth of age-grade strikers in the league, Ajayi wouldn't make my team list, honestly. I've never seen him hustle up a striker's goal the way, say, an Awoniyi or an Efebo does. I've seen him miss a couple of simple tap-ins that had the whole 'Sooting Stars' supporters in Adamasingba holding their heads and going "YEPAAAAA!!!!" Lol.

Defence: I wasn't surprised to read that Erhun Obanor was dropped. Sometimes, he gets carried away with his ruggedly as a defender and he fails to use his smarts. It also spills into his overall conduct on the pitch as he always seems spoilt for a fight. I knew it was just a matter of time before he would lose his captaincy,which he eventually did then, with that sort of attitude.

Nice thread guys. Siasia is a coach after my heart ( no homo ), so I'll be following this thread leading up to the competition.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:07am On Nov 22, 2015
kindredspirit:
Guys, I'm going to miss Daniel Etor in this team. I wish he wasn't axed. Dude was a real workaholic with an "educated" left foot. He's (was) the best player in the U-23 team, IMO.

About the strikers : I wish Junior Ajayi's goal-conversion rate was higher. Boss fritters away way too many chances than he converts. If there wasn't a dearth of age-grade strikers in the league, Ajayi wouldn't make my team list, honestly. I've never seen him hustle up a striker's goal the way, say, an Awoniyi or an Efebo does. I've seen him miss a couple of simple tap-ins that had the whole 'Sooting Stars' supporters in Adamasingba holding their heads and going "YEPAAAAA!!!!" Lol.

Defence: I wasn't surprised to read that Erhun Obanor was dropped. Sometimes, he gets carried away with his ruggedly as a defender and he fails to use his smarts. It also spills into his overall conduct on the pitch as he always seems spoilt for a fight. I knew it was just a matter of time before he would lose his captaincy,which he eventually did then, with that sort of attitude.

Nice thread guys. Siasia is a coach after my heart ( no homo ), so I'll be following this thread leading up to the competition.

Spot on bro. As for Erhun Obanor - a player that played at the 2014 CHAN when he was 19yrs old,he was bought by Abia warriors at d begining of d season from a lower division club and I think he did well this season but I think Chima Akas of Sharks FC is a better left back.

As for junior Ajayi: One thing he has going for him is his good positional abilities. He is nt a kind of striker d defence will crowd out so easily. He knows how to find homself in good scoring position. And i agree his goals convertion ratio is poor bt he still scores plenty of goals bc he creates so many goal scoring chances for himself due to his good positional ability. And i think in d absence of d Europe based strikers he can get d job done.

I have always lamented abt d lack of quality Nigerian strikers that are currently age 21-22yrs. A typical U23 side should have 90% of players within 22 & 23 yrs of age. It is so bad(d lack of quality home based strikers) dat Siasia had to try a 16 yrs old Victor Osimhem.

This team holds promises bt after we qualify for d Olympics. With d crop of players with which we want to prosecute d qualifiers only God will help us.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2015
**smiles**

ISAAC "The Beast" Success strikes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Against "high flying" Athletic Bilbao.

Who says we got no players out there? Huh? Who?

Let's go boy!!!!!! Hahaha.......

I'll keep saying it....... Our next Golden generation is here. The core of this next golden generation are the 2013 Nigerian U-17 Super class, the 2015 Senegal AYC/New Zealand fifa u-20 class, and the 2015 Nigerian U-17 "Unique" class.

THEY JUST NEED A LITTLE MORE TIME TO COME TOGETHER AND MATURE. Let's say within 2-3yrs, I expect to see more "blooding" into the Super Eagles from these Classes and other talents coming through like Sadiq Umar of AS Roma, Nura Abdullahi of AS Roma, and a couple of others.....

*smiles*

Note: I've seriously been documenting the progress of these promising "super" talents in my spare time.
Iheanacho, Success, Simon Moses, Yahaya, Awoniyi, Ndidi, Alampasu, C. Nwakali, K.Nwakali, Musa Mohammed, Osimhen, etc, etc, etc..... ARE NIGERIA'S "SUPER FUTURE". *smiles*

We have a bright future. "The brand" called "THE SUPER EAGLES" will be attractive again as it was in the "first and only golden generation so far" in the '90s (1990-2000) which saw us win the CAF APOTY AWARD 5 times.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.