Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,485 members, 7,830,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan (3251 Views)

Rivers APC Warns Banks Against Giving Wike Loans / MASSOB Leader Warns Igbo Resident In North To Return Home / Fighter Jets Drop Boko Haram Flyers In Adamawa Against Voting? - Newsrescue.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan by Kennyfancy(m): 11:08pm On Oct 16, 2014
Nah lie, jonah nah our brother
Re: APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan by asandigbo(f): 11:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
Joe igbokwe pls take back seat jor . on election day na so una go dey beg people to vote for gej. APC members should know by now dat ndi Igbo work with one mind. asadike ekwu go kwa ka ora nonuya.

1 Like

Re: APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan by asandigbo(f): 11:31pm On Oct 16, 2014
Buddha nwannem,ke kwanu ? asadike na ekene gi .
Re: APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 17, 2014
Icon4s:
Take Buhari away from APC and Igbos will embrace d party.

Are u people blind? Dnt u c dat d North sees the presidency as their birth right? Dey even funded and nurtured Boko Haram jst to make Nigerians lose confidence in Good Luck. The Yorubas are unfortunately falling for the wicked tactics by d North.

Buhari is an enemy to d Igbos for very obvious reasons. And as I said, take away Buhari from APC and Igbos will embrace d Party.

Sometimes one wonders where some of you despicable species come from,your thought process is crassly infantile,jejune and hollow

If you did a little asking around....you would have been told that Buhari is even disliked by his Northern elites who do not want him to come and sanitise the system that every corrupt individual be they Northerners,Yorubas or Igbos do not want to stop

That Buhari happens to come from the North is not his making.......he has never been known to directly done anything untoward by way of action or voice against the Ndigbos

Ever before Buhari brand started becoming popular downsouth

The 2 earlier times he contested in 2003 and 2007........He picked Ndigbo VP candidates in the persons of Late Chuba Okadigbo and Late Edwin Ume-Ezeoke........How would you say such a man hate the Igbos

Without sounding tribal,did you Ndigbos even vote your own reverred Dim Ojukwu when he also contested? Was it not Obasanjo that you people voted?

Buhari did all he could to bring the Igbos closer through your people but he was never given a chance

I think most folks in the SE do not have the presence of mind to know that Buhari does not fall in the class of Northern Oligarch who have been fighting politically with GEJ

He is a lone-ranger who is even despised by the corrupt Northern elites....

1 Like

Re: APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan by londoner: 12:16am On Oct 17, 2014
Who is any party to "warn" any person or group of people, on how they should use their vote?

Buhari is their candidate, right Well if Igbo's were once under him a a president and had a great time, they will vote for him again.

If they can not pursuade people to vote for them, then they have a problem.
Re: APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan by oduaboy1: 12:42am On Oct 17, 2014
londoner:
Who is any party to "warn" any person or group of people, on how they should use their vote?

Buhari is their candidate, right Well if Igbo's were once under him a a president and had a great time, they will vote for him again.

If they can not pursuade people to vote for them, then they have a problem.
The ibos have made it known over and over again that their allegiance stands with jonathan.So no amount of persuasion can change that especially for those whose driving force is clannish sentiments
Re: APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan by londoner: 1:00am On Oct 17, 2014
oduaboy1:
The ibos have made it known over and over again that their allegiance stands with jonathan.So no amount of persuasion can change that especially for those whose driving force is clannish sentiments

Well, leave them to do so, if they so wish. A vote belongs to the person casting it. They can decide how they will decide to vote. Even if they chose by saying 'tick, tak, toe'....its up to them. If a person wants to vote Buhari or APC even because they would prefer a muslim or a northerner, it is their vote and ultimately, they will do with it as they wish.

It's naive to think that the majority have and will vote based on real policy or manifesto, that they have even bothered to read or examine.

Even in other countries, there are places or states that "traditionally" vote a particular way. It's up to parties to win those voters over.

If people feel the Igbo's as a tribe will vote for GEJ, because they see him as less of the two evils, it was up to APC to show that it was not the case, not just a few months to election, start talking about a whole tribe, because they would like their votes.

This is what happened the last time with Buhari. He did not show himself to be the man for all. I hope he has learned that lesson.

I personally do not feel that all Igbo's have decided they will vote for GEJ. We'll have to wait and see.

1 Like

Re: APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 17, 2014
Ow baby am fine, longest time, how are you doing?

asandigbo:
Buddha nwannem,ke kwanu ? asadike na ekene gi .
Re: APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan by asandigbo(f): 6:58am On Oct 17, 2014
BuddahMonk:
Ow baby am fine, longest time, how are you doing?

nwadinma,am cool and back for good.
Re: APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan by oduaboy1: 8:10am On Oct 17, 2014
londoner:

Well, leave them to do so, if they so wish. A vote belongs to the person casting it. They can decide how they will decide to vote. Even if they chose by saying 'tick, tak, toe'....its up to them. If a person wants to vote Buhari or APC even because they would prefer a muslim or a northerner, it is their vote and ultimately, they will do with it as they wish.

It's naive to think that the majority have and will vote based on real policy or manifesto, that they have even bothered to read or examine.

Even in other countries, there are places or states that "traditionally" vote a particular way. It's up to parties to win those voters over.

If people feel the Igbo's as a tribe will vote for GEJ, because they see him as less of the two evils, it was up to APC to show that it was not the case, not just a few months to election, start talking about a whole tribe, because they would like their votes.

This is what happened the last time with Buhari. He did not show himself to be the man for all. I hope he has learned that lesson.

I personally do not feel that all Igbo's have decided they will vote for GEJ. We'll have to wait and see.

Buhari does not need ibos votes.And the southeasterners are not voting enmasse for Jonathan because he is the lesser of the two evils as I said in my earlier post the only driving force is their clannish sentiment,"na our son mentality".
Re: APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan by meccuno: 8:23am On Oct 17, 2014
oduaboy1:
Buhari does not need ibos votes.And the southeasterners are not voting enmasse for Jonathan because he is the lesser of the two evils as I said in my earlier post the only driving force is their clannish sentiment,"na our son mentality".
its funny how our SW brothers think on certain issues.......instead of you to try and change their mind on why they shotuld not vote PDP and vote APC,you are calling then names......as someone said earlier....they would vote the lesser evil....

2 Likes

Re: APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan by oduaboy1: 9:07am On Oct 17, 2014
meccuno:
its funny how our SW brothers think on certain issues.......instead of you to try and change their mind on why they shotuld not vote PDP and vote APC,you are calling then names......as someone said earlier....they would vote the lesser evil....
Telling ibos not to vote for jonathan is an exercise in futility.Thousands of threads have been opened showing them cogent reasons not to vote the retardeen?.The ibo mind is already made up and sadly nothing can change that.
Re: APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan by londoner: 4:27pm On Oct 17, 2014
oduaboy1:

Well, if he does not need Igbo votes, why the fuss?

I can tell you that many Igbo's are not sure what Buhari will or will not do once in office. It is a case of, better the devil you know, than the angel you don't.
They already know what to expect, or not from GEJ.

Its not about providing reasons [b] NOT to vote for Jonathan[/b], but reasons [b] TO VOTE for Buhari,[/b] there is a difference. This is the point you are missing, imo.

I'm not sure, whether under Buhari, the first time, there as as much attention spread around Nigeria (included SE) as 'Jonathan' as you call him is doing, even with all his obvious failings.

You're in a better position to educate me on that. Lastly, let's not minimise the fact that Buhari is an ex-military head of state and many people are suspicious of that, rightly or wrongly.

I believe APC should have fielded Fashola as presidential candidate. Everyone knows what he is capable of and have also lived under him up to now.He is seen as progressive and able to lead Nigeria forward.

The issues that apply to a Buhari candidacy in SE, just do not apply with Fashola. I expected APC to field Fashola.
Re: APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
Igbos beware of APC. I wil vote 4 PDP GEJ.
Re: APC Warns Igbo Against Voting For Jonathan by londoner: 5:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
em77:
Igbos beware of APC. I wil vote 4 PDP GEJ.

Is it the whole party ALL Igbos should be afraid of?

Why do you say that? Fashola is APC, should Igbo's be afraid of him too? Really?

I don't think so.

It's not as if the APC are not the same people that have been in politics over the years. They are not new faces, are they?

Some of them simply switched party.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Great Irony Of The Jonathan Presidency!!!(pic) / Why Did Buhari Refuse To Appear Before The Oputa Panel? / President Jonathan Live On AIT 8pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.