Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (183424 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:37am On May 12, 2015
Flawlessangel:

long story short.... Consoles are still d first choice gaming device in d world despite being less powerful than d pc.... They do more wit less power which makes dem d better gaming platform........... A pc wit d gpu of d ps4 wouldnt b able to compete wit d ps4 in a few years.....and d best part is graphics would always get better each gaming year than d previous....
Yet consoles still manage to keep up wit d demanding graphics even wit limited gpu power....... All these makes it top as d ideal and number one gaming platform.

funny, cos dat seem to be the opposite happening/ will happen. a 750ti/7850 which is a bit less powerful than the ps4 run games better than it at 1080p. a core 2 quad still runs circles around the ps4 cpu. An i3 embarasses it. there are no direct comparison of cpu on the desktop and so these will do. graphics will get better, sure, with compromises. the games will also get better on the pc side with similar specs too. at similar console settings; most settings on medium to low. Unless the dev decides to optimise poorly for the pc den there will always be a problem. But den dat would not be a big problem because all things being equal hardware gets cheaper and more powerful ones get released (case of the western world and some part of africa)

Also with direct x 12 devs will be able to dig deeper at the pc hardware, not as deep as consoles but close enufff. so a longer life span of hardware shud be expected.

Man, the ultimate gaming hub is the pc. but if you want a hassle free xp with little no techno babbles (casual) the the consoles are for you.

ps: There are poorly optimised games on consoles too. eg being mgs:TPP and pes 2016 on xbox one. assasin's creed on both consoles.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 8:52am On May 12, 2015
Flawlessangel:

do u know all games are primarily made on pc? Even d console exclusives?

Yes I do. However there are differences when developing for differing platforms.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 3:55pm On May 12, 2015
kimco:

funny, cos dat seem to be the opposite happening/ will happen. a 750ti/7850 which is a bit less powerful than the ps4 run games better than it at 1080p. a core 2 quad still runs circles around the ps4 cpu. An i3 embarasses it. there are no direct comparison of cpu on the desktop and so these will do. graphics will get better, sure, with compromises. the games will also get better on the pc side with similar specs too. at similar console settings; most settings on medium to low. Unless the dev decides to optimise poorly for the pc den there will always be a problem. But den dat would not be a big problem because all things being equal hardware gets cheaper and more powerful ones get released (case of the western world and some part of africa)

Also with direct x 12 devs will be able to dig deeper at the pc hardware, not as deep as consoles but close enufff. so a longer life span of hardware shud be expected.

Man, the ultimate gaming hub is the pc. but if you want a hassle free xp with little no techno babbles (casual) the the consoles are for you.

ps: There are poorly optimised games on consoles too. eg being mgs:TPP and pes 2016 on xbox one. assasin's creed on both consoles.
not everybody value tweaking, upgrade, mods etc...... These are just add ons as pc isnt primarily a gaming device... Gaming is just a side show .
Consoles however are gaming machines meant 4 games alone and they can run games just fine wit superb graphics that wouldnt make u mind d pc gamers......... Its d ideal plaform 4 playing with friends and having true gaming fun, undiluted by anything else.
While pc is obviously more powerful .. Consoles are still 100percent perfect in their own way....
U know ur ps4/xbox one would still play games made 7years 4rm now..... But no gpu similar to d ps4/xbox one wud b able to do dsame 7years 4rm now.... Thats why console tops..
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Kenny903(m): 4:04pm On May 12, 2015
HP elitebook 8540workstation, 6GB RAM Intel corei7, 2.7GHz, nvidia 880M with 1GB dedicated memory and 750 HDD
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 4:05pm On May 12, 2015
Kenny903:
HP elitebook 8540workstation, 6GB RAM Intel corei7, 2.7GHz, nvidia 880M with 1GB dedicated memory and 750 HDD
how much did u get it
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 12, 2015
Kenny903:
I wasn't really liking the specs until i saw 880m. Is the cpu quad core?? Besides 1gig seems really low for an 880m. I expected like 2gig or more. How much did it cost?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 7:09pm On May 12, 2015
Kenny903:

The 880M is an 8GB GPU na, are you sure what you posted is correct?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 7:12pm On May 12, 2015
Flawlessangel:

long story short.... Consoles are still d first choice gaming device in d world despite being less powerful than d pc.... They do more wit less power which makes dem d better gaming platform........... A pc wit d gpu of d ps4 wouldnt b able to compete wit d ps4 in a few years.....and d best part is graphics would always get better each gaming year than d previous....
Yet consoles still manage to keep up wit d demanding graphics even wit limited gpu power....... All these makes it top as d ideal and number one gaming platform.

ALL OF THIS IS STORY. Consoles are the first choice for games because developers can milk them to the max and make more money as compared to the PC where the games could be pirated in days, why do you think even microsoft releases games that are exclusive to the Xbox alone if not to maximize profit.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 11:21pm On May 12, 2015
Flawlessangel:

not everybody value tweaking, upgrade, mods etc...... These are just add ons as pc isnt primarily a gaming device... Gaming is just a side show .
Consoles however are gaming machines meant 4 games alone and they can run games just fine wit superb graphics that wouldnt make u mind d pc gamers......... Its d ideal plaform 4 playing with friends and having true gaming fun, undiluted by anything else.
While pc is obviously more powerful .. Consoles are still 100percent perfect in their own way....
U know ur ps4/xbox one would still play games made 7years 4rm now..... But no gpu similar to d ps4/xbox one wud b able to do dsame 7years 4rm now.... Thats why console tops..

value tweaking? are u sure u've seen a gaming pc recently? upgrading in two yrs and mods are actually a choice and good things, not necessities. not everyone values casual gaming. gaming at 30fps which can dip into the teens is not what you call perfect Mr. pc is not primarily a gaming platform jux like mobile phones are not gaming platforms primarily....but they seem to do it very well. Pcs seem to do it better even. goes to show you how wonderful it is.

consoles are also now multitasking....everything a pc does but poorly. they are not even plug and play anymore..

I'm telling u that the 7850/ gtx 750ti will still be able to play games in 7yrs tym (if they are not artificially restricted)at console settings. That is one of direct x 12's target; to give longer life to old hardware. The reason pc gamers upgrade is because they can, not cause they have to. They want more eye candy. Not that if they dont, it wont run on their current setup.... so pls revise ur false information. Thank you.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 12:31am On May 13, 2015
kimco:

value tweaking? are u sure u've seen a gaming pc recently? upgrading in two yrs and mods are actually a choice and good things, not necessities. not everyone values casual gaming. gaming at 30fps which can dip into the teens is not what you call perfect Mr. pc is not primarily a gaming platform jux like mobile phones are not gaming platforms primarily....but they seem to do it very well. Pcs seem to do it better even. goes to show you how wonderful it is.

consoles are also now multitasking....everything a pc does but poorly. they are not even plug and play anymore..

I'm telling u that the 7850/ gtx 750ti will still be able to play games in 7yrs tym (if they are not artificially restricted)at console settings. That is one of direct x 12's target; to give longer life to old hardware. The reason pc gamers upgrade is because they can, not cause they have to. They want more eye candy. Not that if they dont, it wont run on their current setup.... so pls revise ur false information. Thank you.
what false information? Are u seriously telling me a pc wit d gpu of d ps4 can run games made 7years 4rm now? If u bliv dat then u are a joke and dis argument just ended here... And by d way i play on both pc and console.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 12:35am On May 13, 2015
dazekid:

ALL OF THIS IS STORY. Consoles are the first choice for games because developers can milk them to the max and make more money as compared to the PC where the games could be pirated in days, why do you think even microsoft releases games that are exclusive to the Xbox alone if not to maximize profit.
well as long as we both agree consoles are the IST CHOICE gaming platform we can move on, reasons why its number 1 is irrelevant here.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:24am On May 13, 2015
Flawlessangel:

what false information? Are u seriously telling me a pc wit d gpu of d ps4 can run games made 7years 4rm now? If u bliv dat then u are a joke and dis argument just ended here... And by d way i play on both pc and console.
U do know, dat the PS4 uses a gpu equivalent to the AMD 7870 or the GTX 660ti. Those two GPUs are still pretty powerful and can play games for the next five(maybe even seven) years albeit at low to medium details on FHD. But wats the point of playing on low details wen a PC player can get a better GPU and play on Ultra details at 4k resolutions just because he can. While a console player is stuck with the same hardware until the nxt gen consoles are released. Even 7yrs from now, the PS4 and XBox1 wont be in play anymore. Sony and Microsoft would've released their new consoles....
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:33am On May 13, 2015
Flawlessangel:

well as long as we both agree consoles are the IST CHOICE gaming platform we can move on, reasons why its number 1 is irrelevant here.
Its only in Africa here dat consoles are 1st choice gaming platforms.
In most american and European countries, there are more PC gamers dan console gamers. Some even ve both but choose to game more on their PCs
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 2:59am On May 13, 2015
Flawlessangel:

Didn't you read the part where i said direct x 12 will ensure that older hardware will have longer span? The x360 gpu pc equivalent run games at console settings for a long tym (5 yrs). The keyword being console settings.

you know what i believe i'm wasting my tym. You game on pc, but clearly you have no idea what goes on there. You should trying finding out things. It'll do you good.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 3:04am On May 13, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
In most american and European countries, there are more PC gamers than console gamers. Some even ve both but choose to game more on their PCs

tell him ooo. And that's because PC gaming is hard to do here. if it was cheaper and available it would be popular. So sad....Africa.

Console gaming is the gaming choice of most Africans cause it cheaper and available.....not that it's the best. And most of them are ignorant about it. eg: Plays games on a laptop and judges PC gaming based on that experience and brag that console games have better graphics than PC games. They even swear by it.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 9:23am On May 13, 2015
kimco:

Didn't you read the part where i said direct x 12 will ensure that older hardware will have longer span? The x360 gpu pc equivalent run games at console settings for a long tym (5 yrs). The keyword being console settings.

you know what i believe i'm wasting my tym. You game on pc, but clearly you have no idea what goes on there. You should trying finding out things. It'll do you good.
guy leave story console is still d best RAW gaming platform. Simple
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 9:36am On May 13, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
In most american and European countries, there are more PC gamers dan console gamers. Some even ve both but choose to game more on their PCs
guy hear urself na.... Pcs are not primarily a gaming machine dats what u shld know ist....an example.. My friend buys a pc for other things and he games like once in a long long while even when he has time, he wud rather watch movies on it.. He's no gamer but i guess u wud count people like this on d pc platform........u cant compare those casual gamers to those who spend their money on raw gaming machines like consoles....
And 4 ur info there are more console gamers in d world than pc gamers if u exclude d casual once in a while players on pc...who only has it not 4 gaming but for other works....ps4ps3ps2 even ps1 are still played 2day.. Xbox one Xbox360,ist xbox, nitendo wii nitendo , wii u, 3ds psp ,ps vita etc if u calculate it, u wud find out that d hardcore gamers are usually console gamers , pc has so many casual gamers but those are not real gamers.
My sister 4 example games on her laptop but thats 1nce in a blue moon , she isnt a real gamer just someone making use of d features of her laptop.

Consoles are where hardcore gamers reside.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 9:43am On May 13, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
U do know, dat the PS4 uses a gpu equivalent to the AMD 7870 or the GTX 660ti. Those two GPUs are still pretty powerful and can play games for the next five(maybe even seven) years albeit at low to medium details on FHD. But wats the point of playing on low details wen a PC player can get a better GPU and play on Ultra details at 4k resolutions just because he can. While a console player is stuck with the same hardware until the nxt gen consoles are released. Even 7yrs from now, the PS4 and XBox1 wont be in play anymore. Sony and Microsoft would've released their new consoles....
what d fu.c.kk are u saying? The ps4 and xbox one wouldnt b played 7years 4rm now? Even if ps5 and d next xbox comes out , they wud still frikkin b played..... Do u know people still play ps2 games up till now? Talkless of ps3...

Point is... Just because a new console is released dsnt mean d previous one goes extinct or isnt played anymore.. As a matter of fact there are still people who hvnt even played d ps3 up till now and are dying 2 play it.

So ur argument is null and void
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 10:04am On May 13, 2015
Kenny903:

Awesome specs, this laptop will satisfy your gaming needs in the years come.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 10:18am On May 13, 2015
Flawlessangel:

guy leave story console is still d best casual non hassle gaming platform. Simple

fixed it for u. you are free to love consoles but please dont lie to people. we are trying to educate people on pc gaming. you cud learn a thing or two from it as well.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 10:26am On May 13, 2015
Flawlessangel:

what d fu.c.kk are u saying? The ps4 and xbox one wouldnt b played 7years 4rm now? Even if ps5 and d next xbox comes out , they wud still frikkin b played..... Do u know people still play ps2 games up till now? Talkless of ps3...

Point is... Just because a new console is released dsnt mean d previous one goes extinct or isnt played anymore.. As a matter of fact there are still people who hvnt even played d ps3 up till now and are dying 2 play it.

wow....so so rush.

be in play =\= be played.

It means it wont be the main consoles in play. you seriously need to understand wat others say and stop being rash.

now with that knowledge read his post again.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 10:39am On May 13, 2015
Flawlessangel:

guy hear urself na.... Pcs are not primarily a gaming machine dats what u shld know ist....an example.. My friend buys a pc for other things and he games like once in a long long while even when he has time, he wud rather watch movies on it.. He's no gamer but i guess u wud count people like this on d pc platform........u cant compare those casual gamers to those who spend their money on raw gaming machines like consoles....
And 4 ur info there are more console gamers in d world than pc gamers if u exclude d casual once in a while players on pc...who only has it not 4 gaming but for other works....ps4ps3ps2 even ps1 are still played 2day.. Xbox one Xbox360,ist xbox, nitendo wii nitendo , wii u, 3ds psp ,ps vita etc if u calculate it, u wud find out that d hardcore gamers are usually console gamers , pc has so many casual gamers but those are not real gamers.
My sister 4 example games on her laptop but thats 1nce in a blue moon , she isnt a real gamer just someone making use of d features of her laptop.

Guy there are more PC gamers (not casual gamers like your friend) in the world than current console gamers. unlike consoles, PC gamers upgrade and don't keep PCs they built in 2000 or 1994. so what are you doing now? are you combining every other console that has been made and comparing the numbers to PC gamers? oh God how desperate. in china and Korea....MMO gamers are so much more than any console gaming. In eastern Europe and Germany etc PC gaming rules. 5% PC gamers in the world (rough number) is still a substantial amount of gamers....much more than consoles even. This gen its even growing much bigger due to the disappointing consoles.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:50am On May 13, 2015
Flawlessangel:

Flawlessangel:

First of all, any1 wu plays games on PCs, albeit casual or hardcore, can be regarded as a PC gamer. Even if its casual games like road rash or hardcore ones like BF etc..
U say consoles are the higher powers of gaming because som1 somewhere paid abt 80k to buy a PS4. Wat abt PC gamers wu spend up to 140k or more to build a proper gaming rig? Or som1 wu spends up to 300k to get an Alienware or a Razer Blade laptop for his gaming pleasures just because he can? U can use ur PC to do wateva u like whether u playing games or watching movies. So i dont know wia u got ur assumptions dat PCs aren't really ganing platforms. U cant use ur sister to compare and judge other gamers wu play games constantly on their PCs just because she doen't play Fifa or CoD on her own PC. Go to the PC games section and u'll see how many pple are ready to play games on their PCs so far their hardware can allow it.

U say the PS4 can be played seven yrs from now. Yet u also say an Amd 7870 which is equivalent to d gpu inside a PS4 cant be used to play games seven yrs from now?? U're contradicting urself bruh. Yes pple still play PS2 & PS1 but how many game devs still make PS2 games these days? The only games u'd find on PS2 re pirated games. Even the upcoming Black Ops 3 is exclusive only PS4, XBOX1 and PC. It has no PS3 or XBOX360 support whatsoever. Same goes for Dying Light and a list of other games out there. Fact is PS3 is fast becoming obsolete after only two yrs of the PS4s release. Same goes for the PS4. 2 yrs after PS5 is released, u'll hardly see game devs making any PS4 games. So if we talking consoles, dont bring PS2 or even PS Vita into the discussion.

But look at PC. PC was very much relevant before the PS3 was ever released. And PC will still remain relevant long after the PS4 becomes obsolete

4 Likes

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 10:53am On May 13, 2015
Flawlessangel:

I think you are making too many assumptions here, and you're also trying to pass off your personal opinions as facts.
Your claims that PCs aren't primarily made for gaming is not true, the thing is; a PC can be whatever you want it to be. The reason most of us have funny misconceptions about PCs is because we live in Nigeria. There are no reputable and knowledgeable computer outlets in Nigeria, even computer village is a massive disappointment. Try to purchase or assemble a gaming PC in Nigeria, and witness unintented comedy.
In Western Europe, Asia (some parts), and North America you'll come across so many Home Theatre PCs (HTPCs), and gaming PCs. PC gaming is huge in these regions. PC gamers are a very different breed from console gamers, there are some genres (eg first person shooters) that are a regular staple of PC gaming while some others are more suited to consoles. In South Korea console gaming is almost dead in comparison to PC gaming, while console gaming is more prevalent on the African continent. In Europe and America there is a nice balance between the two types of gamers.
I strongly disagree that consoles are the gaming platform of choice, because they are not. It depends on your personal preferences, your budget, and your technical know how. I also disagree that console games are not feeling the effects of piracy. PC gamers are NOT casual gamers; there are more than enough hardcore PC games and gamers to prove this. Most PC gamers are usually annoyed whenever console ports are brought to the PC platform because they believe; console games are inferior, and nothing beats gaming with a mouse and keyboard. Hardcore PC gamers usually partake in LAN parties, they usually belong to a gaming clan, and they game regularly online. Online gaming was long established by PC gamers before console gamers jumped on the bandwagon.
Also, please let's keep this discussion civil. There's no need to swear or curse to get your points across.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:01am On May 13, 2015
kenomobola:

I think you are making too many assumptions here, and you're also trying to pass off your personal opinions as facts.
Your claims that PCs aren't primarily made for gaming is not true, the thing is; a PC can be whatever you want it to be. The reason most of us have funny misconceptions about PCs is because we live in Nigeria. There are no reputable and knowledgeable computer outlets in Nigeria, even computer village is a massive disappointment. Try to purchase or assemble a gaming PC in Nigeria, and witness unintented comedy.
In Western Europe, Asia (some parts), and North America you'll come across so many Home Theatre PCs (HTPCs), and gaming PCs. PC gaming is huge in these regions. PC gamers are a very different breed from console gamers, there are some genres (eg first person shooters) that are a regular staple of PC gaming while some others are more suited to consoles. In South Korea console gaming is almost dead in comparison to PC gaming, while console gaming is more prevalent on the African continent. In Europe and America there is a nice balance between the two types of gamers.
I strongly disagree that consoles are the gaming platform of choice, because they are not. It depends on your personal preferences, your budget, and your technical know how. I also disagree that console games are not feeling the effects of piracy. PC gamers are NOT casual gamers; there are more than enogh hardcore PC gamerss to prove this. Most PC gamers are usually annoyed whenever console ports are brought to the PC platform because they believe; console graphics are inferior, console games are inferior, and nothing beats gaming with a mouse and keyboard. Hardcore PC gamers usually partake in LAN parties, and they usually belong to a gaming clan, and they game regularly online. Online gaming was long established by PC gamers before console gamers jumped on the bandwagon.
Also, please let's keep this discussion civil. There's no need to swear and curse to get your point across.
U couldn't ve said it any better. He's pobably using personal experience and the condition of PC gaming in Nigeria to judge the whole situation....
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 4:45pm On May 13, 2015
kenomobola:

I strongly disagree that consoles are the gaming platform of choice, because they are not. It depends on your personal preferences, your budget, and your technical know how. I also disagree that console games are not feeling the effects of piracy. PC gamers are NOT casual gamers; there are more than enough hardcore PC games and gamers to prove this. Most PC gamers are usually annoyed whenever console ports are brought to the PC platform because they believe; console games are inferior, and nothing beats gaming with a mouse and keyboard. Hardcore PC gamers usually partake in LAN parties, they usually belong to a gaming clan, and they game regularly online. Online gaming was long established by PC gamers before console gamers jumped on the bandwagon.
Also, please let's keep this discussion civil. There's no need to swear or curse to get your points across.
u were making sense until u said nothing beats gaming wit a keyboard and mouse...... Like seriously? I can assure u that 90% of gamers prefer pads to keyboard.....
Dude do u play anything besides shooters on ur pc? How do u expect to fully enjoy third person action adventure....like god of war of dmc using a keyboard? Can u compare d fun to using a pad?
Strictly Gaming pc dont sell as much as consoles and u know that, these consoles sells in millions and u can b damn sure anyone who buys dem are real frikking gamers, they still offer pure undiluted gaming fun than d pc can never hope 2 acheive.....

No need to worry about upgrades... Just buy d frikking console and play .. Easy as pie..

These are what makes consoles the number 1 gaming platform not just in nigeria but d world.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 5:00pm On May 13, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

First of all, any1 wu plays games on PCs, albeit casual or hardcore, can be regarded as a PC gamer. Even if its casual games like road rash or hardcore ones like BF etc..
U say consoles are the higher powers of gaming because som1 somewhere paid abt 80k to buy a PS4. Wat abt PC gamers wu spend up to 140k or more to build a proper gaming rig? Or som1 wu spends up to 300k to get an Alienware or a Razer Blade laptop for his gaming pleasures just because he can? U can use ur PC to do wateva u like whether u playing games or watching movies. So i dont know wia u got ur assumptions dat PCs aren't really ganing platforms. U cant use ur sister to compare and judge other gamers wu play games constantly on their PCs just because she doen't play Fifa or CoD on her own PC. Go to the PC games section and u'll see how many pple are ready to play games on their PCs so far their hardware can allow it.

U say the PS4 can be played seven yrs from now. Yet u also say an Amd 7870 which is equivalent to d gpu inside a PS4 cant be used to play games seven yrs from now?? U're contradicting urself bruh. Yes pple still play PS2 & PS1 but how many game devs still make PS2 games these days? The only games u'd find on PS2 re pirated games. Even the upcoming Black Ops 3 is exclusive only PS4, XBOX1 and PC. It has no PS3 or XBOX360 support whatsoever. Same goes for Dying Light and a list of other games out there. Fact is PS3 is fast becoming obsolete after only two yrs of the PS4s release. Same goes for the PS4. 2 yrs after PS5 is released, u'll hardly see game devs making any PS4 games. So if we talking consoles, dont bring PS2 or even PS Vita into the discussion.

But look at PC. PC was very much relevant before the PS3 was ever released. And PC will still remain relevant long after the PS4 becomes obsolete
this is a laughable argument, u say pc remains relevant? Wouldnt dat depend on d pc u are talking about? Can a 2005 laptop run games made 2day? No right? dat 2005 laptop version is extinct yes or no? Yes right? Now dats d point.

And u have dis flawed logic of thinking new games must b made b4 people play on a console.... Do u know even till dis day a lot of peeps are still playing lots of games they never played b4 on their ps3 and ps2? Do u know how big d library is? Have u played all games on dat console 4 u 2 say its extinct?

One fact u dont know is, a console can still b played 10years 4rm now even if new games arnt released on it anymore, u know why? Cos d library of games already out is so huge u wouldnt b able to finish it.

I bet u have not even played quarter d library of d ps3/360 games yet u are here saying they are extinct.... Especially when there are loads of gamers who hvnt even had d luxury of owning d console yet...

Ur point is invalid man.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 5:06pm On May 13, 2015
kimco:

Guy there are more PC gamers (not casual gamers like your friend) in the world than current console gamers. unlike consoles, PC gamers upgrade and don't keep PCs they built in 2000 or 1994. so what are you doing now? are you combining every other console that has been made and comparing the numbers to PC gamers? oh God how desperate. in china and Korea....MMO gamers are so much more than any console gaming. In eastern Europe and Germany etc PC gaming rules. 5% PC gamers in the world (rough number) is still a substantial amount of gamers....much more than consoles even. This gen its even growing much bigger due to the disappointing consoles.
dissapointing consoles?? Ar u kiddin me? The ps4 and xbox one are outselling the ps3 and xbox 360 at dsame time frame and yet u are saying they are dissapointing?

LAST OF US was voted best game of last gen, what happened to all the pc great games that was released? Including their exclusives? All d eye candy and all?

As someone who games on both pc and console i wud tell u how it is, i cant force u 2 change ur mind.... It ur decision....

But dnt go about saying what u aint knowledgeable about.... Calling d new consoles dissapointing just shows how much ill informed u are about d gaming industry
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 5:15pm On May 13, 2015
kimco:

wow....so so rush.

be in play =\= be played.

It means it wont be the main consoles in play. you seriously need to understand wat others say and stop being rash.

now with that knowledge read his post again.
like i said, ill informed about d industry... There are still more gamers playing last gen games(ps3/360) than dis gen games(ps4/xbox one).... Oh u didnt know right? Yea how wud u when u only know about pc platform.

And 4 ur info d only reason the new consoles are in d spotlight now is because they are NEWWWWW.... Yes NEW!!....new hardware, new games etc.
Besides that nothing has changed as statistics show last gen console games are still being played as much as dis gen..... Its just dat they arnt talked about anymore because the new toys came around.

And dis argument is getting old cos u all are not even arguing like u know stuff about consoles..
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 5:19pm On May 13, 2015
kimco:

fixed it for u. you are free to love consoles but please dont lie to people. we are trying to educate people on pc gaming. you cud learn a thing or two from it as well.
dude i wud still school u on pc gaming but lets just leave dat, i game on both but i dnt like it wen people try 2 say trash about console gaming like they arnt worth a dime.
Consoles still produce d best exclusives and overall best games yet strictly pc gamers wud keep saying trash about it
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 13, 2015
Lool! Look Flawlessangel, nobody here is chastising the consoles but all facts point out dat PCs are more efficient gaming platforms dan the consoles. Wat u choose to believe is up to u man
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by demiladecdd: 6:57pm On May 13, 2015
i want to sell a pc of mine hp 630. Windows 7. Processor icore 3, 2.40ghz. 64Bit operating system, 4gig ram. 451Gig local dish. Hd screen. 45K last.
Phone no: 08175020149
7e2eef16

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.