Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (183129 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 10:08pm On May 17, 2015
Reading through the recent flurry of posts on this board, it appears some have a deep grained misunderstanding about PC gaming and PC gamers. PC gaming requires huge financial commitments, and a certain level of technical know-how. One of the worst things a person can do is to just make assumptions based on either personal experience, or limited information.
PC gamers don't use the same wretched keyboards and mice most of us use at home. PC gamers rely on premium gaming keyboards and mice which your average PC user will never purchase. PC gamers also have no problems using gamepads, steering wheels, or dancemats whenever the need arises. There is no controller to rule them all as some would want us to believe.
Hardcore PC gamers also don't use any monitor for gaming. Monitors used for PC gaming must be responsive enough, have a good enough contrast, and a suitable resolution before they can be used by any demanding PC gamer.
Hardcore PC gamers love to tinker with their gaming rigs to eek out as much performance as is possible; through overclocking, and upgrading, to name a few methods. The PC platform is a dynamic platform in which drastic changes occur every 18 months, so keeping abreast of these changes is a must.
There is a huge library of games on the PC. Apart from games on physical media (CDs, DVDs) theRE are also online platforms like Steam, and even services that can stream games from their servers to your systems.
Mods are almost exclusively available on PCs. Sometimes PC gamers, and even developers create additional content for a game by using tools provided by the developers, or tools available in the PC gaming community. These activities normally breathe life into games long after they've been released, and are past their sell by date.

The purpose of this thread is to inform, educate, and share ideas. Please let us endeavor to do this and avoid imposing our ideas or opinions on others. As you can observe, needless insults and abuse have been thrown about on this thread, and what have they achieved? Nothing but derailing the thread. Resorting to abuse and belittling others will only show you to be desperate, immature, and lacking in ideas.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 10:16pm On May 17, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
See ehn! I've been drooling over the PC since i watched dat review. And the price for it varies since its customisable

I'm sure the base configuration will still set you back by a hefty amount. I guess I'll pass till money isn't an object.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:49am On May 18, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Guys just saw a youtube review of this gaming laptop, The XMG-P505. Specs:
4th gen i7 quad core
8gig ram
1TB hdd & 256gig SSD
3gig GTX 970M
3 USB 3.0
15.6 FHD screen
And its fully customizable.

This bad boy runs GTA V at Ultra settings and FHD at approximately 58fps shocked shocked but the price na 1340pounds sad angry

Why they gotta be so expensive??

dont you even think about it...that's insane and, in my opinion, not worth it. if i had dat amount of mula i'd buy a moderate gaming lappy and build a monster desktop pc at home. besides how much heavy duty gaming can i be doing on da go to need this thing except to show to my friends and wield bragging rights....but then again most high level pc gamers are elitist and braggers. i jux want to game.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:55am On May 18, 2015
kenomobola:
Reading through the recent flurry of posts on this board, it appears some have a deep grained misunderstanding about PC gaming and PC gamers. PC gaming requires huge financial commitments, and a certain level of technical know-how. One of the worst things a person can do is to just make assumptions based on either personal experience, or limited information.
PC gamers don't use the same wretched keyboards and mice most of us use at home. PC gamers rely on premium gaming keyboards and mice which your average PC user will never purchase. PC gamers also have no problems using gamepads, steering wheels, or dancemats whenever the need arises. There is no controller to rule them all as some would want us to believe.
Hardcore PC gamers also don't use any monitor for gaming. Monitors used for PC gaming must be responsive enough, have a good enough contrast, and a suitable resolution before they can be used by any demanding PC gamer.
Hardcore PC gamers love to tinker with their gaming rigs to eek out as much performance as is possible; through overclocking, and upgrading, to name a few methods. The PC platform is a dynamic platform in which drastic changes occur every 18 months, so keeping abreast of these changes is a must.
There is a huge library of games on the PC. Apart from games on physical media (CDs, DVDs) theRE are also online platforms like Steam, and even services that can stream games from their servers to your systems.
Mods are almost exclusively available on PCs. Sometimes PC gamers, and even developers create additional content for a game by using tools provided by the devepopers, or tools available in the PC gaming community. These activities normally breathe life into games long after they've been released, and are past their sell by date.

The purpose of this thread is to inform, educate, and share ideas. Please let us endeavor to do this and avoid imposing our ideas or opinions on others. As you can observe, needless insults and abuse have been thrown about on this thread, and what have they achieved? Nothing but derailing the thread. Resorting to abuse and belittling others will only show you to be desperate, immature, and lacking in ideas.

Aint that the truth. I must say i am ashamed for letting myself go far into some of these needless arguments.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 2:33am On May 18, 2015
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:42am On May 18, 2015
kimco:

dont you even think about it...that's insane and, in my opinion, not worth it. if i had dat amount of mula i'd buy a moderate gaming lappy and build a monster desktop pc at home. besides how much heavy duty gaming can i be doing on da go to need this thing except to show to my friends and wield bragging rights....but then again most high level pc gamers are elitist and braggers. i jux want to game.
Even if i had dat kind of money, i wont buy it. There are plenty PCs with a 970m, 8gig ram and quad core i7 that are way cheaper

2 Likes

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:50am On May 18, 2015
dazekid:
You guys should check out this laptop on amazon. Pretty cheap if you ask me although there are some dial-downs and compromises.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WJSQRNK/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_ZMjwvb19SDHVG

or this

http://www.amazon.com/GL551JW-DS71-15-6-Inch-Gaming-Laptop-GTX960M/dp/B00T7XRH2A/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1431909582&sr=1-1&keywords=asus
Reasonable prices on those two PCs. But I'd go with the ASUS. ASUS mke better efficient gaming PCs dan Acer anyways. And dat ASUS looks like its gonna ve better cooling and ventiation dan d Acer.

Hopefully by the time i've enough cash to change PC, the naira/dollar exchange rates ll be more reasonable

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 8:31am On May 18, 2015
kimco:

I'm with you on this. I think it would be far better to invest in a solid desktop PC which will be easy to upgrade and will also be free from heat issues.
Gaming extensively on a monster speced laptop without making plans for cooling can drastically shorten that laptop's life.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 8:39am On May 18, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Reasonable prices on those two PCs. But I'd go with the ASUS. ASUS mke better efficient gaming PCs dan Acer anyways. And dat ASUS looks like its gonna ve better cooling and ventiation dan d Acer.

Hopefully by the time i've enough cash to change PC, the naira/dollar exchange rates ll be more reasonable

I would also prefer the ASUS because of the 16GB RAM, the Republic of Gamers brand, and the cooling solution they have in place. Both laptops have similar specs though. They'll also cost approximately 200000 naira each.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 11:31am On May 18, 2015
kenomobola:

I'm with you on this. I think it would be far better to invest in a solid desktop PC which will be easy to upgrade and will also be free from heat issues.
Gaming extensively on a monster speced laptop without making plans for cooling can drastically shorten that laptop's life.

very important factor.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 11:32am On May 18, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Even if i had dat kind of money, i wont buy it. There are plenty PCs with a 970m, 8gig ram and quad core i7 that are way cheaper

yeah. is dat an alienware by the way?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:52am On May 18, 2015
kimco:

yeah. is dat an alienware by the way?
I'm not a fan of alienwares. But there are some MSI & ASUS laptops which have around those same specs without the SSD option and some other fancy features that the XMG has. Besides i'd love to build a desktop but its just not an option for me for now
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by zion32(m): 1:09am On May 20, 2015
kenomobola:

For your budget you'll likely opt for a 2nd gen core i5 or a 2nd gen core i7 laptop. If you're lucky you might be able to snag a 3rd gen core i5 laptop.
If you raise your budget to 80000 naira, you should be able to get a 3rd gen core i5 paired with a mid-range GPU (probably an HD 85xxM or GTX85xM), and about 4GB RAM.
Nice a 3rd generation core i5 with a mid range Gpu should do for now. I can try to up my budget to 80k
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:00am On May 20, 2015
Guys how important are SSDs in gaming?? I know it reduces loading times in games. But if its just for dat reason, then i dont think it wise to invest in a PC that has one. Besides dat, they cost a lot too...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by zion32(m): 12:56pm On May 20, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Guys how important are SSDs in gaming?? I know it reduces loading times in games. But if its just for dat reason, then i dont think it wise to invest in a PC that has one. Besides dat, they cost a lot too...
SSD does increase FPS in games just loading time, at least for now but maybe in the future things might change
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 20, 2015
zion32:
SSD does increase FPS in games just loading time, at least for now but maybe in the future things might change
i've seen reviews online. The increase in fps isn't always much. In fact most times the difference is always negligible
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by zion32(m): 2:00pm On May 20, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
i've seen reviews online. The increase in fps isn't always much. In fact most times the difference is always negligible
Yeah, same with faster RAM .
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 2:14pm On May 20, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

An SSD - Solid State Drive has some advantages over a conventional hard disk.
An SSD has much better read, and write speeds as opposed to your vanilla hard drive. This is because SSDs have no moving parts.
An SSD will not consume as much power as a mechanical hard drive.
SSDs can withstand more mechanical shocks than a vanilla hard drive.
Games will definitely benefit from the improved speeds an SSD can provide; shorter loading times, faster saves, fast booting speeds, more potent virtual memory. The downside is just the hefty price per Megabyte. Your best bet is to have a hybrid configuration where you'll combine an SSD with a large mechanical hard drive.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 3:09pm On May 20, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

Bro, a SSD is not especially significant in gaming unless you are really impatient and shi*. On my hard drive, watchdogs would take about 40 seconds to load up while the SSD would do the same loading in about 12 so that is a very big difference. Where the SSD is very significant though is in normal/everyday PC usage as it makes windows a whole lot faster than if it were on a hard drive and when I say a whole lot faster, I mean it. I had windows installed on my hard drive previously but now it is on my SSD and it is like I just bought a newer/faster computer.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 20, 2015
dazekid:

Bro, a SSD is not especially significant in gaming unless you are really impatient and shi*. On my hard drive, watchdogs would take about 40 seconds to load up while the SSD would do the same loading in about 12 so that is a very big difference. Where the SSD is very significant though is in normal/everyday PC usage as it makes windows a whole lot faster than if it were on a hard drive and when I say a whole lot faster, I mean it. I had windows installed on my hard drive previously but now it is on my SSD and it is like I just bought a newer/faster computer.
Thanks bro. Just needed to clarify some things
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 1:48pm On May 26, 2015
anyone playing any next gen game atm? i'm playing alien isolation and my God the alien is raping me. playing mkx too. the pc port is baaaaaaaaad, but hmmmm i finally caved.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 12:34am On May 28, 2015
Console gaming is the greatest gaming platform of all time ...

They also get the best games too.... Even a pc xclusive game like d witcher series moved 2 consoles and now witcher 3 is selling more on d ps4..

U wanna game on d greatest gaming platform OF ALL TIME? Get a CONSOLE!!!
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:25am On May 28, 2015
Really?? U're bak here again?? Lool! Keep talking to urself bruh!!
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:27am On May 28, 2015
kimco:
anyone playing any next gen game atm? i'm playing alien isolation and my God the alien is raping me. playing mkx too. the pc port is baaaaaaaaad, but hmmmm i finally caved.
Not yet! But i trust Dazekid has cool
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by johnmichael007(m): 8:30am On May 28, 2015
As for suggesting,Computer games are a wonderful way for children to have fun,But make certain you have on hand the appropriate equipment for virtually any game you need to play. Don't simply assume that you only want a controller. Carefully read a game's description to find out if any special controls are needed to be able to play. By doing this, you understand everything and can secure what you need.Visit: http://www.topdowndeals.com.ng/[i][/i]

1 Share

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 2:10pm On May 28, 2015
johnmichael007:
As for suggesting,Computer games are a wonderful way for children to have fun,But make certain you have on hand the appropriate equipment for virtually any game you need to play. Don't simply assume that you only want a controller. Carefully read a game's description to find out if any special controls are needed to be able to play. By doing this, you understand everything and can secure what you need.Visit: http://www.topdowndeals.com.ng/[i][/i]

i dont get this post atall.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 2:13pm On May 28, 2015
Flawlessangel:
Console gaming is the greatest gaming platform of all time ...

They also get the best games too.... Even a pc xclusive game like d witcher series moved 2 consoles and now witcher 3 is selling more on d ps4..

U wanna game on d greatest gaming platform OF ALL TIME? Get a CONSOLE!!!

okay we have heard you.

2 Likes

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kayceelingz(m): 2:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
Pls will someone recommend an average pc that can handle football games very well. (like fifa and pes) grin
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by swagifted(m): 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2015
kimco:

with that amount I will land an xbox1 .. A Ps4...plus a moderate gaming PC as well...its easy ..
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by swagifted(m): 10:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
kayceelingz:
Pls will someone recommend an average pc that can handle football games very well. (like fifa and pes) grin
if u have a Tv already...u will have to go about the shipping...I don't know if its sold in nigeria yet...Dell alienware alpha,,,entry level..$449...has a 2GB dedicated nvidia graphics card...core i3 4GB RAM...500GB. Hard drive ...dia's no optical disk drive tho...handles the latest tomb raider at over 40fps on 1080p...so...I guess fifa will be a crossover

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by swagifted(m): 10:46pm On Jun 07, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
dude...as far all your system files are stored on the SSD (OS files as well)...your whole system will speeding up like flash....(Including Games loading times)...even installing into an SSD is faster than regular HDD's...

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.