Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (183413 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 2:00am On Jun 23, 2015
Elegbede205:

i do play battlefeild 4 nd black ops.

with 32mb intel vram? what kind of black magic is this. prove this please. a screen shot will do.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Elegbede205(m): 6:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
kimco:

with 32mb intel vram? what kind of black magic is this. prove this please. a screen shot will do.

bro games dont all depend on d vram, my processor is good.
I also play fifa14 on high graphics likewise blackops. Battlefeild is low sha.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
^^^^^^^
Leave dat guy alone joor.
Him and equado no dey gree believe person until person show dem

Likewise d oda day i told equado also dat i play fifa15 with jst 2gb ram and he said its a lie
not u ntil i showed him d screnshots of mai system spocs fifa15 running on it
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
Now for those of u avin issues with fifa 15 crack

I also encountered such today bt got mai solution and hope to share it with u guys if it will work

First and most important problem

[size=20pt]Turn off 'windows defender' by searching for it and turn off 'real time protection' and 'turn off this app' under its settings tab[/size]

now any oda antivirus along side it should b turned off or u add fifa15 folder to its exclusion folders

Now recopy the crack and do d needful again

Hit the like button if these solves ur problem
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by djbrown15: 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
Guys wad up... its been some time now .... pls i need ur view on this
previous i posted that i bought this system
Hp dv6
specs ; i7 3630, 8gb ram, 1tb and nvidia gt 650 2gb GDDR5
i was considering changing to
envy 15
specs; i7 4700, 8gb ram, 1tb and nvidia 820m 2gb DDR3
..... i've used both and i noticed and clearly have seen that the dv6 is way more faster than the envy 15 considering the envy is 4th
on the dv6 i played gta v on very high settings on everything except texture on normal( cause it consumes the alot of vram alocation to it)
and the rest like fifa 15 and the witcher , battlefield all on high
but and the envy it lags so far in gta v and the witcher
and my personal opinion is the generation of computers dont always matters, i think its just about the release date and so on...just watch for the specs ur buying and the performance u get...
now my question is ;
the difference of gpu is clears GDDR5 is way faster than DRR3
i wanna keep my dv6 and use for about two years or so considering its performs btr than the envy..
or do you think i should change it and moreover the price are all nearly the same
the envy costs 2800cedis ( 135000 naira)
and the dv6 i bought 3000 cedis (143000 naira)
just rough calcus
guys i need you all on this; my pros need you now
and next i think im going for lenovo
... thanks
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 11:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
Elegbede205:

bro games dont all depend on d vram, my processor is good.
I also play fifa14 on high graphics likewise blackops. Battlefeild is low sha.

dude vram is very important, works hand in hand. fifa 14 is no graphical masterpiece also on a 720progressive laptop screen. but im not complaining about the vram alone. its the whole package.

Also in games the gpu is the most important component....not cpu....

post screen shots of ur lappy playing battlefield 4. not saying you're lying, I'm jux surprised.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:03am On Jun 25, 2015
djbrown15:
Hp dv6
envy 15
..... i've used both and i noticed and clearly have seen that the dv6 is way more faster than the envy 15 considering the envy is 4th
on the dv6 i played gta v on very high settings on everything except texture on normal( cause it consumes the alot of vram alocation to it)
and my personal opinion is the generation of computers dont always matters, i think its just about the release date and so on...just watch for the specs ur buying and the performance u get...
now my question is ;
i wanna keep my dv6 and use for about two years or so considering its performs btr than the envy..
or do you think i should change it and moreover the price are all nearly the same
just rough calcus
... thanks

charley u are dosted, 3000 gh is real money. keep the one that runs the games better for u (hp dv6) they are both dx11 anyways so the answer is obvious. Not much diff in cpu gaming performance given the gpus allocated (in which the hp pulls ahead due to ddr5 among other things). Im guessing u need a mobile rig so i wnt suggest a desktop build.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:10am On Jun 25, 2015
ladokuntlad:
^^^^^^^
Leave dat guy alone joor.
Him and equado no dey gree believe person until person show dem

Likewise d oda day i told equado also dat i play fifa15 with jst 2gb ram and he said its a lie
not u ntil i showed him d screnshots of mai system spocs fifa15 running on it

that must have involved tweaks to do so. but as of the tym the game got cracked on pc for the first time u cudn't play with 2gb ram (dnt lie cos we've had this argument before and if u cud at the tym u wud have produced evidence then like u did now)

anyways how far is your framerates? Im sure you are enjoying it.

pls can i have the screenshot you gave to equado as proof. thank you in advance.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 25, 2015
djbrown15:
Hp dv6
envy 15
now my question is ;
just rough calcus
... thanks
The Nvidia 820M has to be the worst mobile GPU in the history of mobile GPUs(i know coz its d GPU in my lappy). This thing can only run Fifa on medium settings. All other current games na lagfest on the lowest of settings. Stick wit d DV6 for now. At least until u get something better. And like i always tell my friends, they shouldn't look at the names b4 buying a latop. Na the hardware be the real selling point not the name.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 11:22am On Jun 25, 2015
kimco:

that must have involved tweaks to do so. but as of the tym the game got cracked on pc for the first time u cudn't play with 2gb ram (dnt lie cos we've had this argument before and if u cud at the tym u wud have produced evidence then like u did now)

anyways how far is your framerates? Im sure you are enjoying it.

pls can i have the screenshot you gave to equado as proof. thank you in advance.
Your take

Systemspecs

Lenovo T420
intel core i7
2gb ram
500gb hdd
nvidea nvs 4200m 1gb

Played with jst 2gb ram

COD:Advance warfare
FiFa15
MTGS:Ground Zero
Far Cry 4
Max PAyne 3
Burnotu paradise
metro redux
Splinter cell blacklist
Now using it to play GTA V wich took me four days to configure fully
cant jst start listing all games av played with it

[size=18pt]2gb ram only[/size]

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 11:31am On Jun 25, 2015
My games and desktop view

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 2:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
ladokuntlad:

Your take

Systemspecs

Lenovo T420
intel core i7
2gb ram
500gb hdd
nvidea nvs 4200m 1gb

Played with jst 2gb ram

FiFa15
Far Cry 4
Max PAyne 3
Burnotu paradise
metro redux
Splinter cell blacklist

weldone. how is ur framerates tho? surely it couldn't be that smooth. you are bottlenecking that cpu of urs.

also can u play cod:aw?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
ladokuntlad:

Your take

Systemspecs

Lenovo T420
intel core i7
2gb ram
500gb hdd
nvidea nvs 4200m 1gb

Played with jst 2gb ram

FiFa15
Far Cry 4
Max PAyne 3
Burnotu paradise
metro redux
Splinter cell blacklist

COD;AW wit dt spec? Bro common... undecided undecided
Even as uv managed to get past COD's RAM checking system, u'ld probably be having 2fps
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 4:36am On Jun 26, 2015
ladokuntlad:

Your take

Systemspecs

Lenovo T420
intel core i7
2gb ram
500gb hdd
nvidea nvs 4200m 1gb

Played with jst 2gb ram

FiFa15
Far Cry 4
Max PAyne 3
Burnotu paradise
metro redux
Splinter cell blacklist

But seriously though, who the hell pairs a core i7 processor with just 2GB of RAM? Are you insane for even trying to play games that way or are you just too lazy to upgrade? shocked shocked shocked That one is by the way, abeg bros, I fit come raid you come collect all your games ni? Where you dey abeg?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 11:03am On Jun 26, 2015
dazekid:

But seriously though, who the hell pairs a core i7 processor with just 2GB of RAM? Are you insane for even trying to play games that way or are you just too lazy to upgrade? shocked shocked shocked That one is by the way, abeg bros, I fit come raid you come collect all your games ni? Where you dey abeg?

[size=18pt] i use 2gb ram for folks like equado and kimco [/size]

wu finds it hard to believe dat ram is not d main reason behind gaming bt rada d processor coupled wit good graphics card.
mind u i av 4gb ram bt i remove weneva i want to disprove folks dat doubt.

If u can travel down to jos, den i assure all dis games for free
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 11:05am On Jun 26, 2015
tziz:

COD;AW wit dt spec? Bro common... undecided undecided
Even as uv managed to get past COD's RAM checking system, u'ld probably be having 2fps
do u want prove again for dis?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 11:07am On Jun 26, 2015
kimco:

weldone. how is ur framerates tho? surely it couldn't be that smooth. you are bottlenecking that cpu of urs.

also can u play cod:aw?
bottleneck?

bro its not abt d ram

Av a good processor and good graphics card

If u find it hard to believe
Come down to jos and i show u how swit it is usin 2gb ram
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 11:10am On Jun 26, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
The Nvidia 820M has to be the worst mobile GPU in the history of mobile GPUs(i know coz its d GPU in my lappy). This thing can only run Fifa on medium settings. All other current games na lagfest on the lowest of settings. Stick wit d DV6 for now. At least until u get something better. And like i always tell my friends, they shouldn't look at the names b4 buying a latop. [size=18pt]Na the hardware be the real selling point[/size] not the name.

God bless u bro

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 1:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
djbrown15:
Hp dv6
envy 15
now my question is ;
just rough calcus
... thanks

If you compare the components against each other, you'll discover that:

1. The CPU in the envy15 is just slightly better than the CPU in the dv6. You might not even notice the difference between them in real world use.
2. Same amount of RAM, possibly DDR3 RAM. Are they running at the same speeds though?
3. Same amount of HDD storage.
4. Now here is the deal breaker; although they both have 2GB of RAM on the GPU, as you pointed out, GDDR5 RAM is miles and away better than DDR3 RAM. Also if you follow the naming convention Nvidia uses for its GPUs, you'll notice that the GT 650M is a mid-range GPU from the GT 6xxM generation of GPUs. That GT 650 will easily handle anything you throw at it with high to medium settings. The 820M on the other hand is a pile of crap, because it is a low end card that's only a little bit better than integrated GPU solutions. The 820M is the low end of the lower end cards.

I'll advise you to keep the dv6 because that GPU makes it way better than the envy15, your core i7 CPU, and 8GB RAM should still hold up for a while. If you see an envy15 with an Nvidia 850M or maybe even an 840M GPU, then you can consider, although I think you should aim for something with an Nvidia 860M/960M or better.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 1:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
ladokuntlad:

wu finds it hard to believe dat ram is not d main reason behind gaming bt rada d processor coupled wit good graphics card.

I want to make some assumptions here:

1. You're not using Windows 8.
2. if you're using Windows 8, then you're using the 32-bit version. Same assumption applies for Windows 7.

I remember the last time I had a Windows 7 (32-bit) laptop with just 2GB of RAM, and a Core 2 Duo CPU, I was able to do stuff I find challenging for my Windows 8 (64-bit) laptop (which has 4GB of RAM). Windows 8 is a resource hog, and it has too many silly processes running in the background.
Nice accomplishment by the way.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by djbrown15: 3:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
kenomobola:

If you compare the components against each other, you'll discover that:

1. The CPU in the envy15 is just slightly better than the CPU in the dv6. You might not even notice the difference between them in real world use.
2. Same amount of RAM, possibly DDR3 RAM. Are they running at the same speeds though?
3. Same amount of HDD storage.
4. Now here is the deal breaker; although they both have 2GB of RAM on the GPU, as you pointed out, GDDR5 RAM is miles and away better than DDR3 RAM. Also if you follow the naming convention Nvidia uses for its GPUs, you'll notice that the GT 650M is a mid-range GPU from the GT 6xxM generation of GPUs. That GT 650 will easily handle anything you throw at it with high to medium settings. The 820M on the other hand is a pile of crap, because it is a low end card that's only a little bit better than integrated GPU solutions. The 820M is the low end of the lower end cards.
thanks bro...

I'll advise you to keep the dv6 because that GPU makes it way better than the envy15, your core i7 CPU, and 8GB RAM should still hold up for a while. If you see an envy15 with an Nvidia 850M or maybe even an 840M GPU, then you can consider, although I think you should aim for something with an Nvidia 860M/960M or better.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by djbrown15: 3:58pm On Jun 26, 2015
thanks y'all kimco,ade ,xeno
i go just keep my dv6 de rock am
the performance is unbeliveable...
thanks once again..
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Proffdada: 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
The Intel, Amd & Nvidia u're talking about, are GPUs not game engines. But u're making a solid point. Examples of such games u talking about are MKX, GTA V(which took almost 2 yrs to port to PC)
fox engine is the best to me now
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
ladokuntlad:

RAM is not as important but the thing is when there are requirements stated, we expect that to be the minimum so going below that minimum just seems to be over-doing it. This Jos wey you dey so ehn. Anytime you come to Lag, I will take you up on that offer.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 12:20am On Jun 27, 2015
kenomobola:

I want to make some assumptions here:

1. You're not using Windows 8.
2. if you're using Windows 8, then you're using the 32-bit version. Same assumption applies for Windows 7.

I remember the last time I had a Windows 7 (32-bit) laptop with just 2GB of RAM, and a Core 2 Duo CPU, I was able to do stuff I find challenging for my Windows 8 (64-bit) laptop (which has 4GB of RAM). Windows 8 is a resource hog, and it has too many silly processes running in the background.
Nice accomplishment by the way.
bros abeg open ur eyes wella naa
windows 8 64bit with media center
haba fifa15, mtgsgs and cod:aw doesnt work atal on 32bit naaa

oya if u no stil believe c for ursef
u don c say na 64bit
and dat is windows 8 taskbar

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by basille(m): 1:17am On Jun 27, 2015
ladokuntlad:

bros abeg open ur eyes wella naa
windows 8 64bit with media center
haba fifa15, mtgsgs and cod:aw doesnt work atal on 32bit naaa

oya if u no stil believe c for ursef
u don c say na 64bit
and dat is windows 8 taskbar
You mean you ran GTA V on your system with this specs? Wonderful.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dinoxiv(m): 9:30am On Jun 27, 2015
I started a thread like once, early 2014...but back then PC gaming sounded like gibberish to the uninitiated...lols

https://www.nairaland.com/1585749/pc-gaming-vs-console-gaming

My Specs:

------------------
Machine name: LENOVO Y510p
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
------------------
Display Device
---------------
Card name: 2x NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (SLI)
Display Memory: 4034 MB
------------------
Screen: SAMSUNG 50" UAF5000
Controller: Xbox Controller for PC
Mouse: USB 2.4G Wireless Gaming Mouse Mice 2400 DPI /1600
Gaming Keypad: Razer Tartarus

I stick with a Gaming laptop +HDMI cause I've always been on the move.

2 Likes

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 27, 2015
dinoxiv:
I started a thread like once, early 2014...but back then PC gaming sounded like gibberish to the uninitiated...lols

https://www.nairaland.com/1585749/pc-gaming-vs-console-gaming

My Specs:

------------------
Machine name: LENOVO Y510p
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
------------------
Display Device
---------------
Card name: 2x NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (SLI)
Display Memory: 4034 MB
------------------
Screen: SAMSUNG 50" UAF5000
Controller: Xbox Controller for PC
Mouse: USB 2.4G Wireless Gaming Mouse Mice 2400 DPI /1600
Gaming Keypad: Razer Tartarus

I stick with a Gaming laptop +HDMI cause I've always been on the move.
Not bad
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 11:09am On Jun 27, 2015
basille:
You mean you ran GTA V on your system with this specs? Wonderful.
yes keeeee

no dey believe say naaa ram b d wahala

it actually boils down on ur graphics card and processor.

dats y den been say make una make squeeze eyes buy nvidea or ati embedded system

But most sticks with intel graphics because dem no want make dia motherboard fry.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by shin0bi: 11:19am On Jun 27, 2015
Any PC gamer here, in Abuja? sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.