Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (183490 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 11:07am On Sep 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Dat gpu is terrible jor. If u ginna buy new lappy why not wsit a lil bi and get a gtx 950m. Besides dat, Acer keyboards are terrible...
Reasons wy u say Acer keyboards are terrible....
I use an Acer by d way.. wanna knw
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 11:26am On Sep 16, 2015
zion32:
Hey guys checkout this really cheap Pc if you are on budget http://m.newegg.com/Product?itemNumber=N82E16834315065
A decent rig, i luv it. Pricing is very ok too.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by zion32(m): 11:44am On Sep 16, 2015
Singapore1:
you will never see gtx950 for nothing less than 1000 dollar
You will get Gtx950M notebook below $1000 only it will not be an HP. Asus,Acer even Msi.i can drop links if you will like to see them.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2015
zion32:
You will get Gtx950M notebook below $1000 only it will not be an HP. Asus,Acer even Msi.i can drop links if you will like to see them.
i was using hp as reference since most people here is HP fan (not me though)
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
Singapore1:
lol maybe some people are yet to play this generations game, one guy in my neighbour has this 950m we bot get watch dog on our lappy, but his own use to lag, and na dell
Ur neighbour wit d 950m, wats his ram and cpu??
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
tziz:

Reasons wy u say Acer keyboards are terrible....
I use an Acer by d way.. wanna knw
I tried gaming on a friends acer one day, and i just dint enjoy. The keys were designed annoyingly and they weren't even as responsive as say an HP keyboard...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Ur neighbour wit d 950m, wats his ram and cpu??
6gb ram and 2.2ghz core i5
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 1:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I tried gaming on a friends acer one day, and i just dint enjoy. The keys were designed annoyingly and they weren't even as responsive as say an HP keyboard...
Of all brands to compare, its Hp u mention? #pukes.
Well, my keyboard is perfect, aldou i hate to game wit keyboards buh i type alot and stuffs, n its perfect. I do play MK-X wit keyboard somtimes dou, n dnt hav a p wit it at all. Wat i do hav a p wit is d way dey design dier touchpads, how d touch area and right/left click buttons are all joind togeda as one square mass. It makes it problemsom to pick n drag objects
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
tziz:

Of all brands to compare, its Hp u mention? #pukes.
Well, my keyboard is perfect, aldou i hate to game wit keyboards buh i type alot and stuffs, n its perfect. I do play MK-X wit keyboard somtimes dou, n dnt hav a p wit it at all. Wat i do hav a p wit is d way dey design dier touchpads, how d touch area and right/left click buttons are all joind togeda as one square mass. It makes it problemsom to pick n drag objects
My reasons were down to personal preference tho but as much as i hate hp, their keyboards are actually one of the best. Saw it in a laptop review on youtube a while back. And i actually agree wit d review
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 16, 2015
Singapore1:
6gb ram and 2.2ghz core i5
His Cpu might be why he lags a little bit. I'm guessing its dual core??
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
His Cpu might be why he lags a little bit. I'm guessing its dual core??
yes it is dual
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dasdexter(m): 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
Gunbiz:

u still av ds games?
still have dmc and nfs the run, have played and deleted d rest
currently have
1.middle earth shadow of mordor
2.ryse son of rome
3.farcry 4
4.evil within
5.mafia 2
6.metal gear phantom zero
7.dmc
8.nfs the run
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
Singapore1:
yes it is dual
See! That cpu is limiting the power of his gpu. Thats why he gets lag in his games. I think this is known as bottleneck in gaming. Kimco pls correct me if i'm wrong...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
dasdexter:
still have dmc and nfs the run, have played and deleted d rest
currently have
1.middle earth shadow of mordor
2.ryse son of rome
3.farcry 4
4.evil within
5.mafia 2
6.metal gear phantom zero
7.dmc
8.nfs the run

pls how do we see to get d games frm u
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
See! That cpu is limiting the power of his gpu. Thats why he gets lag in his games. I think this is known as bottleneck in gaming. Kimco pls correct me if i'm wrong...

I think it's possible to run games with d gpu instead of cpu
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
My reasons were down to personal preference tho but as much as i hate hp, their keyboards are actually one of the best. Saw it in a laptop review on youtube a while back. And i actually agree wit d review
Yh, personal preference.
Well, IMO, even if Hp has d best keyboard ever, they should roll up the title n shove it way down dier as*holes! Dat product really messd me up
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
Gunbiz:

I dont get. U're saying its possible to run games wit only the gpu witout the Cpu??
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I dont get. U're saying its possible to run games wit only the gpu witout the Cpu??

yea, right click d game, u can see an option to run with gpu is there
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2015
Gunbiz:

yea, right click d game, u can see an option to run with gpu is there
That option is only for PCs wit both dedicated and integrated GPUs. That way, u're telling the PC to run the game on the selected GPU. That doesn't mean the CPU isn't running in the background na...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by DammyOlu123(m): 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

You're correct. A quad core would have better performance than a dual core of the same generation, Even if they have the same speed. The gt 950m should be plenty powerful enough to play 2013/14 games on medium.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by DammyOlu123(m): 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

The cpu is always needed. The only thing you're switching between is integrated and discrete graphics
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
That option is only for PCs wit both dedicated and integrated GPUs. That way, u're telling the PC to run the game on the selected GPU. That doesn't mean the CPU isn't running in the background na...

it means it is using mainly d gpu
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
Gunbiz:

U cant run games with only gpu, the cpu is highly required, seeing dat d procesing flows from CPU - GPU - Screen or monitor. Cpu will handle stuffs in games such as d A.I n all. The cpu delegates tasks to the gpu too. What ur probably talking about is a system wit dedicated graphics, which is switchable, between the integrated and d dedicated gpu.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
Gunbiz:

Of course the gpu is highly tasked wen it coms to high quality graphics rendering.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
DammyOlu123:

You're correct. A quad core would have better performance than a dual core of the same generation, Even if they have the same speed. The gt 950m should be plenty powerful enough to play 2013/14 games on medium.
Yh! Dat cpu is just not strong enough and incapable of keeping up wit the gpu. Hence, the lag..
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2015
Gunbiz:

Using a desired GPU has nothing to do wit the CPU. The CPU ll always do its own work regardless of the GPU being used...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
I feel like I don't no anything with d way tziz and adelana1 have talked to me
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 6:11pm On Sep 16, 2015
Gunbiz:
Sorry sir, nt like dt, remember we learn errday..
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
tziz:
Sorry sir, nt like dt, remember we learn errday..

yea no p
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2015
Gunbiz:
No be so o. I just said wat i thought i knew...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
No be so o. I just said wat i thought i knew...

no p
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by HyDef(m): 10:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
To explain bottlenecking better, the bottle is your GPU, and the pump is the CPU.

The pump drives water into the bottle. The lower your GPU, the smaller the neck of the bottle. Even with a 1 million watt pump, you can't force more than the narrow neck allows.

With a good GPU and CPU, you've got a big neck and powerful pump. Water is flowing beautifully.

With the best GPU and a mediocre CPU, you've got the largest neck ever, but water is merely trickling into it. That's bottlenecking.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.