Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,276 members, 7,826,078 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have (5460 Views)

How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? / How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? / The 9 Supernatural Gifts Of The Holy Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
e-bible school on NL. what wouldnt we see these days
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
proevan:

And you that don't have a demon can know who has one.
By this we differentiate the Spirit of Truth and error. Brethen to know d Spirit u carry or anyone carries check the Fruit. You might have a fake gift u can't have a fake Fruit.

1 Like

Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by ebankole: 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
starlingleanets:
By this we differentiate the Spirit of Truth and error. Brethen to know d Spirit u carry or anyone carries check the Fruit. You might have a fake gift u can't have a fake Fruit.
You are deep.God bless you for this comment.
Quite has lost without knowing.hmmm
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by ebankole: 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
This recall me back to what happened to me sometimes ago.

I struggled to speak in tongue due to what i was made to belief or convinced.

But,it dawn on me as i began for days speakin in tongue for real,in diff languages.
Only for God to warn me a month later,i saw a demon possesing my body &using me as a tool to express itself.
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by ebankole: 1:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
Let GOD be my judge ,i put this up for all to learn from.

Indeed,there are gifted one's to speak in tongues but the percentage in this generation is bellow 1%
This is my story...This is what happened to me.
O ye christans,cease not praying and seekin God for Victory for your foes/enemies rest not nor slumber.
Happy sunday.
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by temi4fash(m): 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
ebankole:

Indeed,there are gifted one's to speak in tongues but the percentage in this generation is bellow 1%
O ye christans,cease not praying and seekin God for Victory for your foes/enemies rest not nor slumber.
Happy sunday.
are you saying one coud be speaking devilish tongue... I speak in tongues but not until I get to certain level while am praying.. And it comes sometimes even without praying.. So can you be possessed and be tongue speaking and what are the other symptoms of these gifts..
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Dan1cole(m): 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
blessedvisky:
ok please can an unbeliver or a backslidden christian or a wordly christian operate this gifts??

No!
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Dan1cole(m): 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2014
blessedvisky:
OP, i have had some some dreams that came to pass (that was last year).. In the first one, i was in an office with ma dad, i dint recognise the place in ma dream, buh i made a statement in that dream. I sed 'you only had 3' in the dream. 3 moths later, my dad forgot his phones in the office (which I had never been to prior to that day). We found the fones, then as we were about going out, he sed, 'only God knws how many missed calls i would have gotten' then i replied in d dream 'you only had 3'... At that moment, i remembered the dream... It was d same location, exactly the same clothes, the same viewpoint, everything same... I was wondering buh i dint act on it... 2 weeks later, I visited a family friend nd while i was there, i had a dream abt the woman... Someone entered her church and she bowed to greet the person (i hadnt visited the church prior to this time too) but what made this one different was that there was no Audio, i didnt hear anything although i understood what she was doing.. The evening of the second day, it happened exactly like it did in the dream, only with audio this time... Pls is this a 'gift of the spirit' And i haven't seen anything like that in a long time.. Pls does it mean it has stopped or what Your help is appreciated

Pls, may I know how old you are?
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
starlingleanets:

And you came on a thread I created and hasn't ceased to rubbish me or the thread, you even insinuated I am possessed with a demon, just because I created a thread.
You call this good fruit ; no patience, calling a believer filled with the Holy-spirit possessed , intolerant, pride, etc.

Paul talked about the gift in Timothy, that he should not forget to stir up, are you saying he is possessed, Jesus by revelation called peter rock...

Seriously it is believers like you that shut the kingdom of God from people with your kind of character.

What is Eph.4:12 - if not perfecting the saints ; one cannot pick a topic and clearify or teach about it, Mr don't you err...

How have I offended you that you decide to rubbish me and my thread ?
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
ebankole:

Happy sunday.

How did you get to that statistic ; so because you were a victim of wrong doctrine, 99'/, of Christains are ? Tell me your 1'/, is it the truth or you just manufactured it ?

Now that you know what speaking in-tongues is about are you not suppose to use this thread to edify, comfort and exhort others to godly living.
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
olrotimi:
e-bible school on NL. what wouldnt we see these days

End time abi ; This gospel must be preached to the ends of the world and then the end would come. grin

You are free to teach.
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by ebankole: 5:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
@Poeven
There won't be need arguing about this.
If u read my comment i condemn none nor you,ok?

The word rare" is what i meant.
In this generation..? every man for himself,he who has ears let him hear.
Above all,none shud judge none but encourage each other.
Av spoken to those who read my part.
Hapi sunday
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
ebankole:
@Poeven
There won't be need arguing about this.
If u read my comment i condemn none nor you,ok?

The word rare" is what i meant.
In this generation..? every man for himself,he who has ears let him hear.
Above all,none shud judge none but encourage each other.
Av spoken to those who read my part.
Hapi sunday

I am with you peace bro. wink
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
proevan:

And you came on a thread I created and hasn't ceased to rubbish me or the thread, you even insinuated I am possessed with a demon, just because I created a thread.
You call this good fruit ; no patience, calling a believer filled with the Holy-spirit possessed , intolerant, pride, etc.

Paul talked about the gift in Timothy, that he should not forget to stir up, are you saying he is possessed, Jesus by revelation called peter rock...

Seriously it is believers like you that shut the kingdom of God from people with your kind of character.

What is Eph.4:12 - if not perfecting the saints ; one cannot pick a topic and clearify or teach about it, Mr don't you err...

How have I offended you that you decide to rubbish me and my thread ?
Did i say u have a demon? Rather i said "one may have a demon". And bro i never rubbish ur thread
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Anomnity: 8:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
SMALLPENIS:

one of the ways the devil tries to deceive us is by making us feel like we are saying ghiberish, but here is how to defeat him.
After you have received salvation, the holy spirit is in you, but you need him at a greater level
you dont need to wait long for him, try to pray whole hearted for the infilling of the holy ghost for about 5 to 10 minutes, open your heart whole heartedly and he will surely come upon you, it too me 12minutes the first time I asked for the holy spirit.
You pray until you feel an urge to speak, please take note, the holy spirit will only give you the utterance/urge to speak, but you have to do the talking how you will speak english on a normal day, the holy spirit is not like a radio in your stomach that if you just open your mouth you will be hearing sounds.
Once you start speaking keep going on, it may seem hard but dont stop and keep trusting God that he will give you the next word to say.just flow with the urge. See 1st Corinthians 14:14 and Acts 2:4. smiley
Also note; you are not to understand what you are saying except in some cases, for you are talking to God alone. For you are edifiying(building) yourself.

Hope I helped? smiley
Quote me any day all through eternity:-"ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE SINLESS HOLY GHOST TO INDWELL OR EVEN RELATE WITH A FELLOW BEARING YOUR USERNAME EVEN IF YOU LIKE CHANGE IT AND REFUSE TO REPENT.Your username clearly tells a genuine deliverance minister what is living inside of you & the condition of your heart spiritually.
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by azaino: 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
SMALLPENIS:

one of the ways the devil tries to deceive us is by making us feel like we are saying ghiberish, but here is how to defeat him.
After you have received salvation, the holy spirit is in you, but you need him at a greater level
you dont need to wait long for him, try to pray whole hearted for the infilling of the holy ghost for about 5 to 10 minutes, open your heart whole heartedly and he will surely come upon you, it too me 12minutes the first time I asked for the holy spirit.
You pray until you feel an urge to speak, please take note, the holy spirit will only give you the utterance/urge to speak, but you have to do the talking how you will speak english on a normal day, the holy spirit is not like a radio in your stomach that if you just open your mouth you will be hearing sounds.
Once you start speaking keep going on, it may seem hard but dont stop and keep trusting God that he will give you the next word to say.just flow with the urge. See 1st Corinthians 14:14 and Acts 2:4. smiley
Also note; you are not to understand what you are saying except in some cases, for you are talking to God alone. For you are edifiying(building) yourself.

Hope I helped? smiley
Many evangelical-WEA/WEF-churches and connected charlatans preach and teach a lot of unbiblical rubbish about the speaking in tongues; for instance they claim:
*.that only by means of speaking tongues you are a true Christian
*.that speaking in tongues consequently is an important Gift for Christians
*.that speaking in tongues actually is the basic-language for Christians
*.that speaking in tongues is an important tool in bringing the Gospel
*.that speaking in tongues is edifying the congregation of GOD

What the Bible tells us about 'the speaking in tongues'...
*.GOD provides Christians with different tasks and different corresponding Gifts1 Corinthians 12:28 - GOD appoints different people for different tasks with different Gifts
And in the Congregation God has appointed first some to be his messengers, secondly, some to be preachers of power, thirdly teachers. After them he has appointed workers of spiritual power, men with the gift of healing, helpers, counsellors and those with the gift of speaking various "tongues".
1 Cor 12:29-30- consequently Christians neither have the same tasks nor the same spiritual Gifts
Are all Apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? have all the power of working wonders? Are all able to take away disease? have all the power of tongues? are all able to give their sense?

1 Like

Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by azaino: 9:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
Speaking in tongues is for unbelievers

1 Corinthians 14:22 - Speaking in tongues is meant for unbelievers!
Thus, tongues are a sign not for believers but for unbelievers
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
azaino:

Many evangelical-WEA/WEF-churches and connected charlatans preach and teach a lot of unbiblical rubbish about the speaking in tongues; for instance they claim:
*.that only by means of speaking tongues you are a true Christian
*.that speaking in tongues consequently is an important Gift for Christians
*.that speaking in tongues actually is the basic-language for Christians
*.that speaking in tongues is an important tool in bringing the Gospel
*.that speaking in tongues is edifying the congregation of GOD

What the Bible tells us about 'the speaking in tongues'...
*.GOD provides Christians with different tasks and different corresponding Gifts1 Corinthians 12:28 - GOD appoints different people for different tasks with different Gifts
And in the Congregation God has appointed first some to be his messengers, secondly, some to be preachers of power, thirdly teachers. After them he has appointed workers of spiritual power, men with the gift of healing, helpers, counsellors and those with the gift of speaking various "tongues".
1 Cor 12:29-30- consequently Christians neither have the same tasks nor the same spiritual Gifts
Are all Apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? have all the power of working wonders? Are all able to take away disease? have all the power of tongues? are all able to give their sense?

Acts.2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. 5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. 6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. 7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilæans? 8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? 9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judæa, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God. 12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? 13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judæa, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. 16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: 19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: 21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by SMALLPENIS(f): 3:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
proevan, am back!
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 22, 2014
SMALLPENIS:
proevan, am back!

Hahahah grin grin grin. Where did you go to lol

Anyways welcome back .......... Can't spell or pronouce your handle though lipsrsealed
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by blessedvisky(m): 5:43am On Oct 23, 2014
Dan1cole:

Pls, may I know how old you are?
am in my late teens. Y do u ask??
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by blessedvisky(m): 6:03am On Oct 23, 2014
starlingleanets:
Yea,dats only if u return to God. But No if u remain a backslider for the Spirit has departed already.
undecided i didnt say i backslid mind you. But i happen to know a pastor who has no restriction in calling someone else a b*st*rd or *d*ot and certainly feels no remorse abt it. Yet he prays and sees visions of things to come and his prayers are always answered. So am kinda confused.. And he isnt using charms or any fetish means, that i knw of a certainty. So what's going on??
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by blessedvisky(m): 6:10am On Oct 23, 2014
Dan1cole:

No!
blessedvisky:
:/But i happen to know a pastor who has no restriction in calling someone else a b*st*rd or *d*ot and certainly feels no remorse abt it. Yet he prays and sees visions of things to come and his prayers are always answered. So am kinda confused.. And he isnt using charms or any fetish means that i knw of certainly. So what's going on
hmm
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Dan1cole(m): 8:27am On Oct 23, 2014
blessedvisky:
am in my late teens. Y do u ask??
Because, I don't believe that you are supposed to be dreaming dreams at this young age.
Remember, the new covenant says when the Holy Spirit is come upon us, "sons and daughters will prophesy, young men will see visions and your old men will dream dreams"--Acts 2:17. So I don't believe in young people dreaming dreams.
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Dan1cole(m): 8:29am On Oct 23, 2014
blessedvisky:
hmm
Insulting someone doesn't make you worldly, and neither does it make you a backslider.
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by blessedvisky(m): 8:51am On Oct 23, 2014
Dan1cole:

Because, I don't believe that you are supposed to be dreaming dreams at this young age.
Remember, the new covenant says when the Holy Spirit is come upon us, "sons and daughters will prophesy, young men will see visions and your old men will dream dreams"--Acts 2:17. So I don't believe in young people dreaming dreams.
yea, i also wondered about that. But the dreams have stopped so....
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Kingso23: 12:43pm On Oct 23, 2014
blessedvisky:
OP, i have had some some dreams that came to pass (that was last year).. In the first one, i was in an office with ma dad, i dint recognise the place in ma dream, buh i made a statement in that dream. I sed 'you only had 3' in the dream. 3 moths later, my dad forgot his phones in the office (which I had never been to prior to that day). We found the fones, then as we were about going out, he sed, 'only God knws how many missed calls i would have gotten' then i replied in d dream 'you only had 3'... At that moment, i remembered the dream... It was d same location, exactly the same clothes, the same viewpoint, everything same... I was wondering buh i dint act on it... 2 weeks later, I visited a family friend nd while i was there, i had a dream abt the woman... Someone entered her church and she bowed to greet the person (i hadnt visited the church prior to this time too) but what made this one different was that there was no Audio, i didnt hear anything although i understood what she was doing.. The evening of the second day, it happened exactly like it did in the dream, only with audio this time... Pls is this a 'gift of the spirit' And i haven't seen anything like that in a long time.. Pls does it mean it has stopped or what Your help is appreciated

...There was a point in time when I use to experience same thing too, although that was when I was around 15-19, I remember telling my mum about some of it, and she'll jokingly tell me that I had the gift of prophecy, but i didn't take her serious simply because I'm just a Christian by name and, didn't even know how to pray, but, i no longer experience it now that i needed it most, why is it so.
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by blessedvisky(m): 2:21pm On Oct 23, 2014
Kingso23:

...There was a point in time when I use to experience same thing too, although that was when I was around 15-19, I remember telling my mum about some of it, and she'll jokingly tell me that I had the gift of prophecy, but i didn't take her serious simply because I'm just a Christian by name and, didn't even know how to pray, but, i no longer experience it now that i needed it most, why is it so.
i wonder too. I av only experience it like twice this year, but I experienced a lot last yr.. Maybe it End Time Things

1 Like

Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2014
blessedvisky:
i wonder too. I av only experience it like twice this year, but I experienced a lot last yr.. Maybe it End Time Things

A gift has to be stired up, it is like fire on wood if not fan into flames it will soon go off.

2.TImothy.1:6

Muscles you don't use you loose.
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
Dan1cole:

Please read : Job.33, Ecc.5:3. Prophecy can also come in forms of dreams.
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 26, 2014
blessedvisky:
undecided i didnt say i backslid mind you. But i happen to know a pastor who has no restriction in calling someone else a b*st*rd or *d*ot and certainly feels no remorse abt it. Yet he prays and sees visions of things to come and his prayers are always answered. So am kinda confused.. And he isnt using charms or any fetish means, that i knw of a certainty. So what's going on??
By their fruit we shall know them. Demon can tell things to come. His fruit is bad nd hv nothing to do with the Holy Spirit,so dear i can say base on the Scripture he is not a child of God.
Re: Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have by Dan1cole(m): 8:01am On Oct 26, 2014
blessedvisky:
yea, i also wondered about that. But the dreams have stopped so....
Ok, we thank God for that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Allah Copied From Jewish Rabbis The Famous Qu'ran 5:32-34 / Blood Sacrifice For Wealth, Life Partner, Child Bearing, Good Health, Long Life / Hear The Truth About ‘’juliet ezeonye Idu’’ (a.k.a Chosen Mopol)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.