Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,376 members, 7,826,478 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. (2682 Views)

I Caught My Sister's Husband In A Club With Another Ladyy / Pleas Help!!! My Sister Husband Is Asking Me Out / "I Am In Love With My Sister's Husband" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. by Lordabas: 10:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
Hmm
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

”Give me your views on what a relationship is. What it should be. What it isn't. Nd if its what fighting for"

Thanks in anticipation.

What's Relationship?

I'd go with my dictionary's definition on this:

''The way in which two or more people or things are connected.''

This connection happens for a reason(s). You two didn't just meet and got connected, something drew you closer to him, something made him keep you. It's now left for the parties involved to decipher what these reasons could be and work towards it. That way, they'd actualise the sole aim of connecting.

What It Should Be And What It Shouldn't Be?

Well, a new relationship can be a time of great excitement, passion, butterflies and anticipation of what's to come OR it can be a disaster, and over just as quickly as it started.

What it should be all boils down to what you two wants from it.

Life is a Choose Your Own Adventure book, and there are a multitude of paths to take, with their own dangers and rewards.

So you decide what your relationship should be and whom it should be with. You want it to recognise sex, religious talks etc it's surely your call not Guapo's. You don't wan't sex and religious talks in it, still your call.

Far be it from me to tell you what to do or which path to go down.

Is It Worth Fighting For?

This depends on the foundation you two must have laid.

If your partner is someone you can't go a day without thinking about, someone you consider perfect, someone who've helped mould you into a better person. Then he/she is worth fighting for, such relationship is worth killing for.

A good example is the one I'm keeping with MizmyColi, I wouldn't mind killing Xynerise just to ensure we stay together cheesy tongue

That said, I think there are vital precepts to address at the beginning of every relationship, they include:

- Setting expectations from the beginning: All you need to know about your partner and all he/she needs to know about you, what you two needs from eachother et al must be discussed and laid out at the start of the union.

- Learn how to integrate things that are important to him/her: MizmyColi became a Chelsea fan cos I'm a Chelsea fan. I learnt how to prepare Egusi soup cos that's Coli's favourite cheesy

- Learn how to deal with conflict: Dialogue is always the way to go in this.

- Meet his/her Friends: That way, he/she gets the message that you value those he/she holds close to his/her heart.

- Make him/her feel special: You know how this work na. Always remember his/her b'day, tender words of affirmation, splash gifts, spend quality time with him/her. Just show love.

- Keep improving yourself: Keep improving yourself cos your partner is relying on you to help improve as an individual as well.

Always know that the kind of partner you're with - from what he/she wears to what he/she believes in - will very often indicate the state of your life.

I have to stop here mehn, this kinda epistle knows how to wake antispambot up from coma cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. by MizMyColi(f): 10:51pm On Oct 17, 2014
AirborneLacer:

What's Relationship?

I'd go with my dictionary's definition on this:

''The way in which two or more people or things are connected.''

This connection happens for a reason(s). You two didn't just meet and got connected, something drew you closer to him, something made him keep you. It's now left for the parties involved to decipher what these reasons could be and work towards it. That way, they'd actualise the sole aim of connecting.

What It Should Be And What It Shouldn't Be?

Well, a new relationship can be a time of great excitement, passion, butterflies and anticipation of what's to come OR it can be a disaster, and over just as quickly as it started.

What it should be all boils down to what you two wants from it.

Life is a Choose Your Own Adventure book, and there are a multitude of paths to take, with their own dangers and rewards.

So you decide what your relationship should be and whom it should be with. You want it to recognise sex, religious talks etc it's surely your call not Guapo's. You don't wan't sex and religious talks in it, still your call.

Far be it from me to tell you what to do or which path to go down.

Is It Worth Fighting For?

This depends on the foundation you two must have laid.

If your partner is someone you can't go a day without thinking about, someone you consider perfect, someone who've helped mould you into a better person. Then he/she is worth fighting for, such relationship is worth killing for.

A good example is the one I'm keeping with MizmyColi, I wouldn't mind killing Xynerise just to ensure we stay together cheesy tongue

That said, I think there are vital precepts to address at the beginning of every relationship, they include:

- Setting expectations from the beginning: All you need to know about your partner and all he/she needs to know about you, what you two needs from eachother et al must be discussed and laid out at the start of the union.

- Learn how to integrate things that are important to him/her: MizmyColi became a Chelsea fan cos I'm a Chelsea fan. I learnt how to prepare Egusi soup cos that's Coli's favourite cheesy

- Learn how to deal with conflict: Dialogue is always the way to go in this.

- Meet his/her Friends: That way, he/she gets the message that you value those he/she has holds close to his/her heart.

- Make him/her feel special: You know how this work na. Always remember his/her b'day, tender words of affirmation, splash gifts, spend quality time with him/her. Just show love.

- Keep improving yourself: Keep improving yourself cos your partner is relying on you to help improve as an individual as well.

Always know that the kind of partner you're with - from what he/she wears to what he/she believes in - will very often indicate the state of your life.

I have to stop here mehn, this kinda epistle knows how to wake antispambot up from coma cheesy

hmmmm

See as you just dey give me hope, thanks dear.

Kelandre, meet Guapo.

He married me on NL
We divorced recently,

But I forsee a comback grin
cheesy

*In the voice of God*

This is my beloved in whom I am well pleased.

Please listen to all he just spewed up there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. by MizMyColi(f): 11:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
Skylee:
Why do we have GOOGLE & other search engines? Wat does ur sister even mean by does relationship worth fighting for? Ladies are sometimes too extreme!

undecided
Please, you might wanna mind your tone.
She's still young, naïve maybe and isn't accustomed to NL bad mouth, thanks.

I see nothing wrong in any of her questions, shows she's a rational, thinking woman. I am proud of her.

If only some of us asked questions like this at her age.

She'll view this thread. I've sent her the link.

And I've given her my own advice too.

@Chidekings
Keep on hating.
It'll help you gain some weight.

Tenks cool
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. by passionate88: 11:06pm On Oct 17, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
a relationship to me is a communion between two people with a common values and a common goal in sight.
it should be caring, loving and must be benefial to both
it isn't of detriment to both parties, it isn't one sided and it isn't all about materialism.
it is worth fighting for when deep down you know that person is the one. you can't envision your future without the person in it.

* i wasn't tagged so it could be immature *
No relationship is worth fighting for if one party deceides to part ways.
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. by chimerase2: 11:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
And the MORALE of the thread is? undecided
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. by Tymax(m): 11:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
I find it interesting that MizMyColi is not in the best position to answer such questions.
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

hmmmm

See as you just dey give me hope, thanks dear.

Kelandre, meet Guapo.

He married me on NL
We divorced recently,

But I forsee a comback grin
cheesy

*In the voice of God*

This is my beloved in whom I am well pleased.

Please listen to all he just spewed up there.

I wonder why you guys are no longer together....

..Your man has said it all.......He is full of wisdom.......

Yeah, I foresee a come-back.....Please let it be stronger this time.......#kiss....goodnyt....#kiss kiss....

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. by MizMyColi(f): 11:34pm On Oct 17, 2014

Tymax, you don come.

Tbh, these days ehn, romantic talks dey taya me. I've been heavily invested in the religion section.

Besides, I just posted my own epistle to her on BBM
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. by MizMyColi(f): 11:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
temigracie:

I wonder why you guys are no longer together....

..Your man has said it all.......He is full of wisdom.......

Yeah, I foresee a come-back.....Please let it be stronger this time.......#kiss....goodnyt....#kiss kiss....

Hmmmm
My Dear.

Ah wee open up lata.
Make ah no Corrop this thread

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. by Tymax(m): 11:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

Ty max, you don come.
Yes of course grin

Tbh, these days ehn, romantic talks dey taya me. I've been heavily invested in the religion section.

Besides, I just posted my own epistle to her on BBM
Thank God you know say na epistle.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 18, 2014
datguru:
There's no relationship without marriage. Flee from fornication and all youthful lust, the only relationship that should exist between a man and a woman is MARRIAGE.
so u won't date d gal u'r gna marry?? At least 4 a while
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. by Bobbybube(m): 5:55pm On Nov 09, 2014
dre11:

Just peep

Seems we do have those to contribute

*waiting to read their contribution sha*
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister. by Bobbybube(m): 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
dre11:

Just peep

Seems we do have those to contribute

*waiting to read their contribution sha*
yea

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must There Be Visible Revelation Of Blood When A Lady Is Disvirgined? / Relationship/friendship! / It Only Takes A Wise Being To Figure It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.