Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. (1701 Views)

Ladies: 5 Signs You Have Been Friend-zoned By A Guy / She Friend-zoned Me For Over 5yrs But Now Wnts A Committed Relationship / Why Do Guys Complain Of Being Friend Zoned??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by obiZEAL(m): 7:51pm On Oct 17, 2014
I was reading comments from a post on this friend zoning issue some days back, and a lady was talking about a guy who she had been friends with for some years, come up, all of a sudden, with the ‘I love you’ talk, and she was asking the guy if he was drunk, of cause he should be drunk.
How will a guy be rendering all the care and affection (+ the spending) to a girl for more than a month and she is not your sister...when do you intend to make your intentions known?
Girls don't have all the time, they'll start calling you 'my best friend' (u don enter friend zone be that o!)
And then the next thing she'll be telling you about one cute guy she is dying for, at that point if you try to highlight, you'll hear phrases like
‘You are like a brother to me’
‘I love you but not like that’
‘Let’s just be friends’
…good luck with getting out.
Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
To me its only stingy or broke guys that care so much about this friendzone thing
Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
Elantracey:
To me its only stingy or broke guys that care so much about this friendzone thing.

Wrong.
You got it all wrong.

1 Like

Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by obiZEAL(m): 9:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
Elantracey:
To me its only stingy or broke guys that care so much about this friendzone thing
...then its only broke girls that friend zone guys

2 Likes

Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by noskyboy(m): 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
mehn, i dont mind being in any girl's friend zone, as long as she dont ask me for money, the moment she begin to ask for money, one of 2 tins would happen, either she pay back somehow or our friendship would be on an 'how far' level. #front page material#

3 Likes

Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by Articul8(m): 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2014
Elantracey:
So u cnt b my frnd if am broke.Must I spend 4 u as a frnd? Is my care nt enof? So wts ur own role in d frndship?

1 Like

Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by Lordabas: 10:37pm On Oct 17, 2014

Enough of this friend zone crap! If you don't wanna be friends with a girl then stop acting like a friend!!
Most of these "nice guys" who keep getting friendzoned are just sleazy loosers out there who wanna get laid anyways!
angry
Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by adrainuche(m): 10:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
Friend Zone is only when a girl continually asks u for a favour without showing it, you do things she cant even tell her BF to thats when uve been friend zoned, but if for instance you guys just say hye and walk away its cool
Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by adrainuche(m): 10:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
adrainuche:
Friend Zone is only when a girl continually asks u for a favour without reciprocation or at least a show of appreciation or you do things she cant even tell her BF to thats when uve been friend zoned, but if for instance you guys just say hye and walk away its cool
Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by rattlesnake(m): 10:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
[size=18pt]SHAME ON Y'ALL FOR THIS FRIEND ZONE EPIDEMIC

MAY EBOILA CATCH THIS THREAD[/size]
Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by Afrok(m): 12:39am On Oct 18, 2014
The way some people dey carry dis friend zone matter for head ehn, it's looking like it's bad to have a female friend. Moreover, U can't date every girl U meet or know, definitely U must be friends with her or some of them.

1 Like

Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by MisterLongman(m): 1:07am On Oct 18, 2014
^^^Truly it making it seem as if having a female as a friend a bad thing. But the Op is right, the guy deserves part if not all the blame for being friendzoned. You inconvenience yourself because of girl hoping she would fall in love with you just like that( that kind of scenario only happens in nollywood movies). That act is equivalent to a girl flashing her green-light to a guy, now do you expect her to toast or propose to you when you can't say what's on your mind

1 Like

Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by obiZEAL(m): 7:29am On Oct 18, 2014
MisterLongman:
^^^Truly it making it seem as if having a female as a friend a bad thing. But the Op is right, the guy deserves part if not all the blame for being friendzoned. You inconvenience yourself because of girl hoping she would fall in love with you just like that( that kind of scenario only happens in nollywood movies). That act is equivalent to a girl flashing her green-light to a guy, now do you expect her to toast or propose to you when you can't say what's on your mind
Dat s my point
Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by Tymax(m): 7:33am On Oct 18, 2014
Elantracey:
Wow so friendzone has so much to do with possession/money? Are ladies that beggarly nowadays?
Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 18, 2014
Friendzone? Kwa!

After someday,you didn't give me green light,I reverse back..
Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 18, 2014
Tymax:

Wow so friendzone has so much to do with possession/money? Are ladies that beggarly nowadays?

Lol its not about being beggerly , you guys no longer care about friendship or anything , to most of you anything relationship must be intimate and it really amaze me.
Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by Tymax(m): 8:07am On Oct 18, 2014
Elantracey:

Lol its not about being beggerly , you guys no longer care about friendship or anything , to most of you anything relationship must be intimate and it really amaze me.
I'm not sure we are talking about the same concept here.

Friendzone is not just FRIENDSHIP. I have many female friends but I've not been "friendzoned" by any.

Friendzone (for a guy) is a situation where a dude has romantic feelings for a girl who refuses to reciprocate in kind, while enjoying his attention and the attendant benefits. It is a selfish manipulation of the feelings of a guy in love.

If you won't love him back, why then would you request his attention and care? Why is he encouraged to visit or call you often. Why must he be exceedingly chivalrous for nothing? Why must you enjoy the benefits of a girlfriend when you do not have feelings for him? Some babes will even sit on his laps and go as far as seducing him in the presence of others but deny him her heart in private.

When a girl keeps a guy on a leash, that's friendzone. Cut him loose for Pete's sake.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2014
Tymax:

I'm not sure we are talking about the same concept here.

Friendzone is not just FRIENDSHIP. I have many female friends but I've not been "friendzoned" by any.

Friendzone (for a guy) is a situation where a dude has romantic feelings for a girl who refuses to reciprocate in kind, while enjoying his attention and the attendant benefits. It is a selfish manipulation of the feelings of a guy in love.

If you don't love him back, then why do you request his attention and care? Why is he encouraged to visit or call you often. Why must he be exceedingly chivalrous for nothing? Why must you enjoy the benefits of a girlfriend when you do not have feelings for him? Some babes will even sit on his laps and go as far as seducing him in the presence of others but deny him her heart in private.

When a girl keeps a guy on a leash, that's friendzone. Cut him loose for Pete's sake.

lol , I see , I don't really get this friendzone ish.
Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by benkings(m): 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
Afrok:
The way some people dey carry dis friend zone matter for head ehn, it's looking like it's bad to have a female friend. Moreover, U can't date every girl U meet or know, definitely U must be friends with her or some of them.
it is obvious u don't know the meaning of friendzone,read tymax comment to understand the meaning more.
Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by Afrok(m): 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
benkings:
it is obvious u don't know the meaning of friendzone,read tymax comment to understand the meaning more.
got it... Now i see, after asking the girl out and she refuses, the guy keeps showing her cares and attention with the believe that sooner or later the lady will look in his direction but he has being friend zoned already.

Nice one from Tymax and U too Benkings.
Re: OPINION; Guys Should Be Blamed For Being Friend Zoned. by solomonbrown64: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
...How can a responsible dude be spending on one gal lyk dat....nd all he gets are smiles, pecks, or maybe hugs if she is the mood on that day!!!...
and this goes on for months!!!!...and he is happily doing it!!!!.....Honestly....That is witchcraft of the highest powers!!!!...
And when did "caring" equal "deposit of love"....only God knows where des guys get such thinking from!

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Win Her Heart Faster / Is It Ok If Your Lady Collects Gift From Her Male Friends???? / Battle Of Sexes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.