Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,647 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed (4512 Views)

A Governor May Die Next – Suleiman Who Prophesied Death For Buhari’s Ministers / BREAKING: Muslim Youths Burn Down A Kano Sharia Court Over Blasphemous Comments / Secret Of Vatican Briefing On The Creation Of Prophet Mohamed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by jones501: 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2014
A Pakistani Christian woman has been sentenced to hang after she was accused of making‘blasphemous‘comments about the prophet Mohammed during an argument.
While working as a berry picker in 2009, 46-year- old Asia Bibi got into a dispute with a group of Muslim women who objected to her drinking their water because as a Christian she was considered ‘unclean’.
Hours after the incident one of the women reported Ms Bibi to a local cleric, claiming she had made disparaging remarks about the prophet Mohammed during the row.
As a result of the allegations, a furious mob arrived at Ms Bibi’s home and savagely beat her and members of her family.
She was later arrested, charged with blasphemy and eventually sentenced to death with her entire family forced to go into hiding after receiving threats on their lives.
This week, despite international outrage and hundreds of thousands of people signing a petition for her release, Ms Bibi lost an appeal to have her sentence overturned, meaning she now faces death by hanging.
The shocking case hit global headlines after two prominent politicians who tried to help Ms Bibi were assassinated, one by his own bodyguard. Lawyers showered the killer with rose petals when he appeared in court and the judge who convicted him of murder had to flee the country.
Ms Bibi’s lawyer, Naeem Shakir, said her accusers have contradicted themselves many times since first raising their complaint. Two witnesses allegedly involved in the incident did not appear in court, he said.
A Muslim prayer leader did appear, saying he did not witness the original altercation, but that Ms Bibi had confessed to the supposed crime in front of him.
Meanwhile, Mrs Bibi a farm worker from rural Punjab released a memoir called ‘Blasphemy’ last year, in which she described her torment at not knowing how long she has left to live.
Talking about how she ended up being accused of blasphemy, she says: ‘I drank water from a well belonging to Muslim women, using ‘their’ cup, in the burning heat of the midday sun.
‘I, Asia Bibi, have been sentenced to death because I was thirsty. I’m a prisoner because I used the same cup as those Muslim women, because water served by a Christian woman was regarded as unclean by my stupid fellow fruit-pickers.’
In the book, Mrs Bibi describes how tired of being considered a second class citizen simply because. of her religion and insulted by constant calls for her to convert to Islam she decided to stand up to the crowd and defend Christianity.
Pushing and shoving ensued, forcing Ms Bibi to
flee the scene.
When she returned to work five days later she was attacked again, but this time the crowd were accusing her of having insulted the Prophet Mohammed.
Battered and bruised, Ms Bibi was dragged before the local Islamic teacher who told her the only way she could redeem herself was by converting to Islam. Otherwise, he said, she would face death.
In November 2010 Ms Bibi was sentenced to death in a Sharia law court, becoming the first woman in Pakistan’s history to be given the death penalty for blasphemy.
Over the past four years Ms Bibi has languished in the high-security District Jail Seikhupura, 22 miles north-west of Lahore, before being moved to a more remote prison.
Officials now make her cook her own food every day because they fear that Ms Bibi has so many enemies within both the prison population and its staff.

Read more @ http://gistarena.ga
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by Chanchit: 9:32pm On Oct 17, 2014
Mehn.! This people are something else, how can you have a clean conscience when you kill someone because he/she does not believe in your god.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by Dolemite(f): 9:49pm On Oct 17, 2014
elipheleh:
I think it is time christians rise up again and wipe out stupid mohammed and his followers as the Papacy did about 300 years ago.

Arrant nonsense, Islam my foot. dirty mohammed, dirty Allah, dirty Islam

Chanchit:
Mehn.! This people are something else, how can you have a clean conscience when you kill someone because he/she does not believe in your god.

This is the fruit of religion, Christians hate Muslims - Muslims hate Christians pathetic! if there really is a god somewhere he is an evil son of a betch for creating all this mess.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by qadeerkug(m): 10:30pm On Oct 17, 2014
elipheleh:
I think it is time christians rise up again and wipe out stupid mohammed and his followers as the Papacy did about 300 years ago.

whatt d hell u dis ugly bitch is vomiting huh"u should stop dis fucking nonsence nd seek for forgiveness do u tink Allah is ur mate"dat jesus u just tink u re worshipped his also a prophet of Allah(S.A.W)........never in ur God dammed life abused Allah or prophet Mohammad dey re not mate.....stupid illiterate go to hell bastard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by taiyesoul(f): 10:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
elipheleh:

If i have a gun right now,i will kill u for such derogatory remarks against islam.if u wanna dare me,drop ur contacts here.i will find u and kill u i swear.U ideeot.I wont insult christainity or Jesus just like u uncultured thwart did.I will insult your Corruption advocates and men of God here in Nigeria.Ayo Oritsejafor and Chris Oyakilome.are they real?.TB Joshua nko?.these and others are disgrace to christainity.Oloriburuku oshi.*spits on ur post*
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by elipheleh(m): 10:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
qadeerkug:
whatt d hell u dis ugly bitch is vomiting huh"u should stop dis fucking nonsence nd seek for forgiveness do u tink Allah is ur mate"dat jesus u just tink u re worshipped his also a prophet of Allah(S.A.W)........never in ur God dammed life abused Allah or prophet Mohammad dey re not mate.....stupid illiterate go to hell bastard

Cry me a river. U are damn stupid and allah is a damn fool for thinking he is the can untie Jesus' shoes. allah is just an idol carved from woods.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by elipheleh(m): 10:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
taiyesoul:

If i have a gun right now,i will kill u for such derogatory remarks against islam.if u wanna dare me,drop ur contacts here.i will find u and kill u i swear.U ideeot.I wont insult christainity or Jesus just like u uncultured thwart did.I will insult your Corruption advocates and men of God here in Nigeria.Ayo Oritsejafor and Chris Oyakilome.are they real?.TB Joshua nko?.these and others are disgrace to christainity.Oloriburuku oshi.*spits on ur post*

I dare you come to Imo state and call me 08053484337 . Be fortified and come with as many helpers as possible and I swear if I won't slay you all. Bastard sons of moronic mohammed. Mohammed is useless drunk and pedophile. Ask histories.

If you don't come may God punish your whole generation unto the 4th generation with untimely death.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by lulukay(f): 10:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A RELIGION....I AM PROUD TO BE A CHRISTIAN.... I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE GRACE OF GOD UPON MY LIFE...AND FOREVER GRATEFUL TO MY LOYAL FRIEND JESUS WHO DIED ON THE CROSS OF CALVARY... CHRISTIANITY IS A WAY OF LIFE...AND FOR THE WOMAN...IF SHES REALLY GOINTA BE KILLED cry ,SOME DISCIPLES WERE ALSO KILLED, SO NOT TO WORRY HEAVEN IS HER HOME, IF TRULLY SHES A CHRISTIAN....AS FOR ME ILD RATHER BE KILLED THAN NOT BE A CHRISTIAN...PRECIOUS BLOOD WAS SHED FOR ME. HE SUFFERED FOR ME, EVEN THO IM NOT WORTHY, ILD DO IT A GAZILLION TIMES, THAN SUCCUMB TO ANY OTHER RELIGION OR RELIGIOUS BULL WEE! smiley

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by elipheleh(m): 11:02pm On Oct 17, 2014
lulukay:
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A RELIGION....I AM PROUD TO BE A CHRISTIAN.... I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE GRACE OF GOD UPON MY LIFE...AND FOREVER GRATEFUL TO MY LOYAL FRIEND JESUS WHO DIED ON THE CROSS OF CALVARY... CHRISTIANITY IS A WAY OF LIFE...AND FOR THE WOMAN...IF SHES REALLY GOINTA BE KILLED cry ,SOME DISCIPLES WERE ALSO KILLED, SO NOT TO WORRY HEAVEN IS HER HOME, IF TRULLY SHES A CHRISTIAN....AS FOR ME ILD RATHER BE KILLED THAN NOT BE A CHRISTIAN...PRECIOUS BLOOD WAS SHED FOR ME. HE SUFFERED FOR ME, EVEN THO IM NOT WORTHY, ILD DO IT A GAZILLION TIMES, THAN SUCCUMB TO ANY OTHER RELIGION OR RELIGIOUS BULL WEE! smiley
1000000000likes for you

6 Likes

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by lulukay(f): 11:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
The first thing that came to my mind wen I read this was.."olodo of the highest order" grin but hunnay if u were referring to the God I know wiv d capital G n not d small g, he never intended for dis to happen, this was faaaar from his original plan, this is the consequence of sin! Hate, war, killings, etc...All sin babey!
Dolemite:

This is the fruit of religion, Christians hate Muslims - Muslims hate Christians pathetic! if there really is a god somewhere he is an evil son of a betch for creating all this mess.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by Chanchit: 11:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
Dolemite:

Babe, you dey vex o. If them catch for blashemy against mustapha..!
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by elipheleh(m): 11:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
qadeerkug:

And you goat I am 100 times much more of a man and more handsome than you can ever attempt to be. SHREK UGER
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by JEITO: 11:49pm On Oct 17, 2014
And nobody has been able to say what she actually said that was blasphemous.

Smh
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by oloyede252(m): 12:34am On Oct 18, 2014
anoda e religion war,and as a muslim wat dey did was wrong,nd i thank God d woman was nt killed,nd plz d judge nd her lawyer were muslims,
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by tellwisdom: 12:44am On Oct 18, 2014
qadeerkug:

Dude, tone down your voice on him and argue logically sad
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by Kayceo2010: 12:49am On Oct 18, 2014
Islam and their stupidity.. I tell you Allah and Muhammed are just bunch of as s holes.. Stupid moda fuckin nonentity of the highest order.. If even it exists...

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by Nobody: 3:28am On Oct 18, 2014
I need someone to remind me the meaning of Allah.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by Davidbanky(m): 5:21am On Oct 18, 2014
lulukay:
The first thing that came to my mind wen I read this was.."olodo of the highest order" grin but hunnay if u were referring to the God I know wiv d capital G n not d small g, he never intended for dis to happen, this was faaaar from his original plan, this is the consequence of sin! Hate, war, killings, etc...All sin babey!

So when they gave them a brand new Lamborghini and they scratched it, who do they blame ? God gave us a perfect world but we fractured it, so what we see today is the result of our sins, just the way Lamborghini will become when u spoil any working parts in it .... No mind them jare!
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by qadeerkug(m): 6:01am On Oct 18, 2014
elipheleh:

Cry me a river. U are damn stupid and allah is a damn fool for thinking he is the can untie Jesus' shoes. allah is just an idol carved from woods.
well i knw u re a damm brat such a person like u God saids he made just for hellfire so it better for me to turn down mah volume on ya ugly slowpoke......if i knw illiterate is worried u am not gonna#quote u for d first time,u little stick in my foot u better pack well or else u will see wat u will never end in ur forbidden bastard life"""""#Bleep u #Bleep ur father nd #Bleep ur LovePeddler mother..........#Bleep then all
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by youngteaser(m): 8:06am On Oct 18, 2014
Hw many muslims can read the koRan back to back or even understand it...lol!!! U wondeR y it waS never tranSlated to english or any other language....#pathetiC
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by StevinMorgan(m): 9:52am On Oct 18, 2014
What kind of religion will find joy in killing inocent pple? How many tyms have muslims insulted Jesus and we have killed them. Islam is demonic and evil and from the devil himself. Rediculous religion !!!

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by Sapphire86(f): 11:36am On Oct 18, 2014
Can't wait for Islam to be eradicated. Oh Abraham y, why? cry
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by elipheleh(m): 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
qadeerkug:
well i knw u re a damm brat such a person like u God saids he made just for hellfire so it better for me to turn down mah volume on ya ugly slowpoke......if i knw illiterate is worried u am not gonna#quote u for d first time,u little stick in my foot u better pack well or else u will see wat u will never end in ur forbidden bastard life"""""#Bleep u #Bleep ur father nd #Bleep ur LovePeddler mother..........#Bleep then all

Stop shouting obscene language here....Is Bleep you what you guys learn in that mosqu(ito) where u Bleep each other with hijab and allah the immoral one fucking all your girls from the ass?
i maintain, allah is below me and mohammed himself is a clown. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Now cry me a river again...
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by Sapphire86(f): 7:31pm On Oct 18, 2014
elipheleh:

Stop shouting obscene language here....Is Bleep you what you guys learn in that mosqu(ito) where u Bleep each other with hijab and allah the immoral one fucking all your girls from the ass?
i maintain, allah is below me and mohammed himself is a clown. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Now cry me a river again...

U have amused me thoroughly! grin grin

#IRepJesus
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by philantoxx(m): 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2014
the reaction was overly irrational
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by elipheleh(m): 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sapphire86:

U have amused me thoroughly! grin grin

#IRepJesus

I am glad I did. grin
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by Dolemite(f): 9:04pm On Oct 18, 2014
lulukay:

Now that's a dumb statement, if you read your bible, didn't your GOD (with a capital G) say he knows the end from the beginning? so he did know all these killings, sin, hate will happen even before Adam and Eve sinned, but let it happen. Your GOD is an evil piece of shite...if he exists anyway. grin grin
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by Kunleskey(m): 9:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
My pple perish bcoz they lack knowledge...and the heart of man is despirately wicked...there's time 4 everything what u sow is wat u will reap...never the less God is watching u and i..and he will definately reward everyone according to what he/she has done...by the time there eyes will open, it will be too late.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by haniey(m): 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2014
Dolemite:

Now that's a dumb statement, if you read your bible, didn't your GOD (with a capital G) say he knows the end from the beginning? so he did know all these killings, sin, hate will happen even before Adam and Eve sinned, but let it happen. Your GOD is an evil piece of shite...if he exists anyway. grin grin

If you really want to know more about Jesus, read mariam the whole surah.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For ‘blasphemous’ Comments About Prophet Mohamed by Dolemite(f): 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2014
haniey:

If you really want to know more about Jesus, read mariam the whole surah.

The bible pretty much sums it up. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reason Behind The Fall Into Atheism / The Coup In Turkey And The Apotheosis Of Satan / The Internet Spreading Reports Of Miracles Is Killing Atheism And Will Continue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.