Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,586 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Okocha Annoying Hype - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Annoying Hype (55320 Views)

Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / John Mikel Obi Better Than Okocha At 19? / Jay Jay Okocha and World Best Player Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by chic2pimp(m): 8:45pm On Oct 28, 2014
Mixty:

You need to go back to your English teacher to ask for a refund of your tuition fees. There is a distinct difference between 'arguably better' and 'better'.

Stop spending your valuable time on Nairaland, thereby exposing your ignorance. Instead, go and enrol for a good English lesson. A valuable advice, I give you.

You are a complete and utter tool.

I ask again what makes Okocha " Arguably Better" than Sammy?
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by Hardtalk: 11:50pm On Oct 28, 2014
The truth be told. Whoever says Jay Jay Okocha was over hyped must be dreaming. Whichever way you want to look at it. No body ever over-hyped Okocha, but certain facts must be clarified.

The immediate past generation, and the current generation have witnessed different No. 10, starting from Henry Nwosu, to Etim Esin, to Friday Ekpo, to Jay Jay Okocha and to Mikel Obi. The truth be told. The most successful and till date, the best No. 10, is Jay Jay Okocha.

No one should compare his successes with Kanu, as both never played the same role, except on general achievements of both players. Doing so, simply belittle your knowledge of football.

Talking about international carreer, Okocha even in the days of Eintrancht Frankfurt, started as a great entertainer, which affected his kind of play greatly. It was during his playing days at Fernerbache, that he started playing a more purposeful football. His mesmerising dribbles, and crowd-pulling skills, are still yet to be equalled. Even Etim Esin's little spell, cannot rival that of Okocha's.

Narrowing down to winning African footballer of the year. He was just unlucky, and there are many players like okocha, who were unlucky too in their playing days. Perhaps, if Okocha was this free-giving-type like Kanu in Charity work, the prayers from this would have gone a long way, in reshaping his fortunes. I wouldnt say, he was or he is greedy (becos he has the right to spend his money as he so wishes), but little things like this helps. Ever since Kanu started his heart foundation, his already soaring carreer, became unrivalled. Go check history before his heart foundation and after. Huge difference is there.

In summary, never will Nigeria's soccer history book be written, without mentioning Jay Jay Okocha.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by Hardtalk: 12:05am On Oct 29, 2014
For me, my best 11 players in the history of Nigerian football will be the following.

1. Peter Rufai (or Best Ogedegbe)
2. Austin Egwavon
3. Ben Iroha (or Celestine Babayaro)
4. Stephen Keshi
5. Uche Okechukwu (or Isa Shofolowe)
6. Taribo West (or Ademola Adeshina)
7. Segun Odegbami (or Finidi George)
8. Kanu Nwakwo
9. Rashidi Yekini
10. Jay Jay Okocha
11. Emmanuel Amuneke (or Friday Elaho).

I am entitle to my own best 11, pls note.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by Mixty: 12:19am On Oct 29, 2014
chic2pimp:

You are a complete and utter tool.

I ask again what makes Okocha " Arguably Better" than Sammy?
I say again - stop wasting your precious MB on Nairaland. I never insulted you. I only gave you an advice as a concerned person. But here you are, raining insults at me. You obviously lack home training.
I am a more mature person. I will let that slide.
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by caprini1: 4:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hardtalk:
For me, my best 11 players in the history of Nigerian football will be the following.

1. Peter Rufai (or Best Ogedegbe)
2. Austin Egwavon
3. Ben Iroha (or Celestine Babayaro)
4. Stephen Keshi
5. Uche Okechukwu (or Isa Shofolowe)
6. Taribo West (or Ademola Adeshina)
7. Segun Odegbami (or Finidi George)
8. Kanu Nwakwo
9. Rashidi Yekini
10. Jay Jay Okocha
11. Emmanuel Amuneke (or Friday Elaho).

I am entitle to my own best 11, pls note.
You don't need any justification,you definately watched and know your football.Permit me to follow u.And God bless u for knowing ur football.
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by caprini1: 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
During Okochas debut for the super eagles in 1993 ....I was at the national stadium with my snr brother,a world cup qualifier against Algeria....algeria was leading us 1-0 ,we won a free kick outside the Algiers 18yard box..this young man picked d ball,every one was like ,leave it for Yekini,but he resisted and equalized for us...a star was born.The free kick was sublime,we later won 4-1 ,but nobody will ever forget what Okocha did to the Algerians that day......All I can say is ,with Okocha in any game,you have watched,you don't need to download it from youtube to refresh ur memory,you will definately remember..I also saw him last year at the Michael Essien charity game in Ghana and my ghanaian friends were like.." He can still play for the Eagles"the skills and passes were sublime....Okocha is simply an example of someone happy doing what he loves .

1 Like

Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by mart2k(m): 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
kendrick93:
if u tink d greatest entertainer ever learnt futbul frm okocha den u are a dunce.... lol
I did nt say it, he said it in one of d interviews he granted. I never had problem wit whether it is true or not

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Michael Essien’s Gay Rights Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media / Jose Peseiro’s Wife And Daughter Celebrate Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.