Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,763 members, 7,813,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old (4856 Views)

Is It Right For A 34 Year Old To Date An 18 Year Old Girl. / This Post Is Rated 18+ And It Is Not For Religious Fanatics . / A 34 Years Old South African Man Getting Married To A 77 Years Old Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by keliscia(f): 9:54am On Aug 19, 2006
well girl my was just an advice.
  now i have another one for you
he's not yet your boyfriend and you are not sure about what you feel for him ,
what i can say is that .
DONT START A STORY WITH CONFUSION TAKE FRUIT FROM EVERYTHING   PEOPLE IN NARALAND FORUM HAS TOLD YOU ABOUT YOUR CASE.

do YOU WANT TO STAY WITH A MAN OLDER THAN YOU?

AND PROMISE TO LOVE HIM EVEN WHEN HE WILL BE IN HIS 90

JUST THINK ABOUT IT VERY WELL, DONT START SOMETHING YOU CAN'T END

Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by omogenaija(f): 1:08am On Aug 21, 2006
thats only 16 years and there is nothing wrong with it, even if its 25 years difference it doesnt matter
age is different from love when both parties feel for eachother

jus do as u feel
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 28, 2006
that is no more your boy friend, that is your daddy,
did he knows your real age
is he the one responsible for your education
is he blackmailing you into it
what do you call him
how do you feel when you see two young people together
how long have you been together
do you love him
how are you coping with his big dick
think about it girl you're to young for that am your age mate, i want a mature man like 5-7 years older than me but if i can step up to that your level, my mother will kill me or commit suicide
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by katherinae(f): 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2006
thank u mubowa, finally someone agrees wiht me, i understand that in nigeria, women are used to dating their grandfather's and father's classmates, but that is a very very big mistake, i mean u run the risks of having children with mental problems, if u think i am lieing look it up. not only that, but u will never feel satisfied, our time right now is not our parents time, things are differnt now and to date a guy that old, just proves that the guy himself is a pussy, so he cant handle dating some one in is age range he has to look for someone, younger. please all htis R kelly wannables should stop this abuse, because honestly that is what it is.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by crito(m): 2:48am On Aug 30, 2006
at 18,pls concentrate on ur studies,the gap is too much? shocked
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 30, 2006
yawa!! na god butter ur bread ;d
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Ibukun2(f): 10:00am On Aug 30, 2006
@ Q.T.

Look, I can partly agree with some people here who say that he must be a sick and nasty man when he is dating a 18-year-old girl, cause there are really so many men of this kind who are just lookin for young, fresh meat in order to feel young themselves. But on the other hand I also have to tell you that TRUE love don't give a f*** about age. Like in my case, my man and me have almost the same age difference like you and that man but we've been together now for 1 and half years and we are very happy in this relationship. I can see that he's not together with me because of my young age but because of my character and my personality and believe me, it took some time for me before I found that out. To make a long story short: U have to find out what kind of guy he really is. I know it's not easy because a lot of men are really good actors but I think with your 18 years you are already able to do your best in order to find out what his intentions are. And just stay away from him if you see that he is really only a sick man looking for much younger girls. But in case you feel that he's interested in you because of you as a person then take your time to make sure that it's really like that. Don't rush anything! I wish you the best!!!
And for those who claim that your studies might be disturbed by that, I have to say that before I met my man, I was really not doing well with my studies cause I just had a bad time but when I met him he motivated me so much everyday, and now I'm proud to say that I'm about to graduate as one of the best among my schoolmates.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by momoney1(m): 11:03am On Aug 30, 2006
I have to say that before I met my man, I was really not doing well with my studies cause I just had a bad time but when I met him he motivated me so much everyday, and now I'm proud to say that I'm about to graduate as one of the best among my schoolmates.

congratulations my dear but are you guys married now?

some men are good hearted and could do any thing to help you, but don't be surprise that all you expected wouldn't come through.

on the other hand, if you feel ok with the age difference now, consider it also in the next thirty(30) years. if you can, goodluck but if otherwise you know what to do.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by crabsweet: 11:08am On Aug 30, 2006
Girl, i use God name beg you just leave that man to another lady cos he is not it at all please.

if you are my sister i will hang you up-side-down and den start to flog your skull so that your brains will come back to normal.

leave that man
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Ibukun2(f): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2006
@ mo money
No we're not married yet. You know, for now we consider each other as boyfriend and girlfriend, best friends and also like sista and brother. I think it's too early to think about marrying, although we love each other but we have to see first what the future brings and whether in future we are also still able to handle the problems that our age difference causes. As you said, I have to consider it also in the next thirty years. The step to the altar is a very important step and that's why we don't want to rush things. For now we are very happy that we have each other and I doubt that this will change in future.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2006
my sister ibk, are you graduating from high school or from college? because am i in college right now and i have no boyfriend not because i don't want to have one but i just don't want to go through any drama in my life right. that is why i gave my self two options, is either i have a boyfriend in a long distance place like nigeria or london that we will always talk on the phone and see each other once a year or i don't have one till i turn 21 and by then, i will be planning for my graduation
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by kellorah: 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2006
smiley
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Mcjones(f): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2006
I think age is just a thing of the mind and there are different strokes for different folks. All the best.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by kellorah: 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2006
wink
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by TBABA5(m): 10:03pm On Aug 31, 2006
my dear let me give you a sisterly adverse, only if you can take it you are too young for that just concentrat on your education. is too old to have you.even if you can't coup with emotional feelings i think you should get your self a young boy like you not an old man pls.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by donjazzie(m): 11:37pm On Aug 31, 2006
well the man is f**ked big time meanwhile.wat were u thinking when u guys started. dat u r dating one big guy(lol).well some girls are even dating more older guys so i bleve to u it dnt mean nothing.well jst do ur mind.if u havin fun
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Ibukun2(f): 11:40am On Sep 01, 2006
@ Kellorah
[/quote]the older they are, i think the wiser and more experienced they r[quote]
Your words are so so true. Really, I'm also talking from experience.

@Mubowa
I'm graduating from something like college. You know I'm living in Germany and they don't have college and stuff like that, they do an apprentice ship after high school be4 they start to work and my apprentice ship is at a foreign language school. After graduation I'm going to be a foreign language correspondent. I think that's the best explanation. So, and when it comes to my relationship, I can really say that no matter which problems me and my man have or had, that we have always been able to handle it up til now, so there was never real drama and also never affected my school in a negative way. As I said it before, my man is even one reason why I'm doing so well in school again because of his loving support and motivation. But ok everybody has his own view about these things,
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by HH(m): 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2006
it depends on the charateristics of the relationship, he could truly love u for real, its just that ur too young 2 figure out when a guy truly loves you, "guys aint easy dealing with" you can keep him but dont open your legs for him, if he doesnt mind, grow up with him until nature decides what next,
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by LanreDaMan(m): 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2006
First Queestion

What do you think your parent will say when they find out

34 and he isnt married, Divorced or widowed with kids

STOP using your HEART and start using YOUR HEAD NOW
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by SamMilla1(m): 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2006
i see nothing wrong in having a 34 year old boyfriend, he is within the age of people who can give you real love and happiness.i will advice you to stick to him if he loves you, so many women your age have boyfriends older than yours,its just that they keep them secret to their friends for the fear of loosing them, hahahhaa
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by MyPeace(f): 10:48am On Oct 04, 2006
mine is almost 11yrs older (I am always proud and feel like a PRINCESS when his friends will be Hailing him for having a BEAUTIFUL lady like me - even in my front). and he treats me like an EGG, unlike those younger ones, that will be givin you headche and hypertension as you are beggin them to befrnd or marry u. (Am hitting the altar very soon, and i dont give a damn)

My dear 16 is not much, if you actually love and want him, and dont mind what frnds tell you, its your life and you got the decison to make.

I learnt OJUKWU of Igboland was BIANCA's Father's frnd.

so what are we talking about? If HE LOVES you and you want him, dont give a damn!
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by freshB2: 11:02am On Oct 04, 2006
Ogal,
you self no get future?
when God don ever tell you sey if you be educated sey na sin? unless your brain doesnt accept book.
see oh baby, the truth is that this marriage doesnt seem to fit you. the age difference is likely to make either of you hate the marriage thing. but then it llb too late.

i think the problem is that you are limited in your environment an therefore has less choice for the very few guys you meet closely.
stand up and mix around with other men lika mi an you will make a good chioce. atleast 2-8years gap isnt bad.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by hotchic1(f): 7:32pm On May 02, 2007
It doesnt matter,but try n b very careful,a lot of things has happened in a 34year's old man,try n figure this out,why is he yet to get married and not even with a fiancee,thats some of the things you need to do to get things sorted out and make sure u are dating the right person.
Aside that you need to be sure that he loves and respect you and he doesn't have to dominate your life and dictate to you all because he is older than you,aside that,i think if you are alright with those little things that can later turn out to be big deals,then age is nothing but mere numbers,have you ever taken your time n think of cases where the wife is older than the husband.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Echidime(m): 8:41pm On May 02, 2007
Enjoy your relationship with him, Age is nothing but a NUMBER
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by dezobo(m): 8:59pm On May 02, 2007
q.t. wat i can say to u is that the age difference is really too much. i have dated girls that are my senior but not more than 6years old. if only he is 10years older than u, that would have been okay, but believe me, this one is too much.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by freshB2: 12:06am On May 03, 2007
@ dezobo rite?

whas this " 08034348342" you kept 4 an innocent gal who needs no confusion at the moment?

i still repeate o gal, the gap is ddangeously tooooooooooo muchhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by dodowaski(f): 1:07pm On May 03, 2007
Yarn on.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by moondust(m): 2:47pm On May 03, 2007
2 more years and he's twice ur age, , , , , , embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by luxoire(f): 3:32pm On May 08, 2007
hahahaha, huney the fact that u are even asking on here, means that u kind of have issues with it yourself,

Some ppl learn by wathcing others, others learn by experience, its upto u hun, if u truly believe u both love each other, then stay in it, but be asertive and dont allow urself to be used/brainswashed,

As for ppl telling her to skip out of it, some 18yr olds are very mature. and some 34yr old men are very immature, and reason like 24 yrs old, so it depends on the individuals.

I once loved an older guy, i was 12 he was 22, he absolutely refused to have anything to do with me sexually, we would talk for hours, he was my neighbour, and he would walk me home, but the closest he came physically was holding my hand, i knew he loved me too (amd he still does), but i also knew he was old and he had other girlfriends

Today we are old enough, but i havent dated him, we have remained close friends over the years and i have developed a respect for him, i think would have been hatred, had he taken my virginity from me when i offered it to him at 12.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by samsilo(m): 4:36pm On May 08, 2007
I believe what is getting some people all riled up is how young she is.
Think about this , if she was 28 and he was 44 would you get so worked up about it.Using age as the sole criteria for determining if a relationship is wrong or right is a bit narrow minded. When I was in sec school I knew girls who were dating older men and they were so mature they were the ones manipulating these guys.We used to wonder if it was "jazz,"but the poor were just fools for love.
There is a real danger of a more experienced person manipulating the younger one but I agree with Luxoire , its the maturity that matters most.
Some one said he is a paedophile, just yesterday I was telling my friend.Especially in the west, if a guy asks out a girl 10yrs his junior he is seen as a pervert, but if a woman dates a guy a 10 yrs younger it is something to celebrate
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by efuah(f): 5:02pm On May 08, 2007
Dearest little one
PLEASE QUIT.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by FactorChic(f): 8:10pm On May 24, 2007
ewooooo 18-34 shocked

wetin him still dey do single?
u sure he's not just using u?
kai, d age difference is just too much, dang he fit born u sef
kai shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Sex Has Anything To Do With person's Destiny? / What Is The Occupation Of Your Current Boyfriend? / Can You Date A Girl That Does This ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.