Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old (4864 Views)

Is It Right For A 34 Year Old To Date An 18 Year Old Girl. / This Post Is Rated 18+ And It Is Not For Religious Fanatics . / A 34 Years Old South African Man Getting Married To A 77 Years Old Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by QT1: 7:34am On Aug 03, 2006
Hi everyone. I'm seeing this guy and there's an age difference. I'm 18 and he is 34. We both really like each other. I know many African/ Nigerian relationships have a big age difference. There's nothing sexual in this relationship. Well, do you think i should call it off or continue? Thanks for voicing your opinions nairaland.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by ZuluNation(m): 7:40am On Aug 03, 2006
My dear I think you should finish with your Edducation first before you start dating a 34 yr old man.

1 Like

Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by gbengaijot(m): 7:44am On Aug 03, 2006
Mmmmmmmmmmm, God help the 18 yrs old ooo.

I have afriend( she is kinda a sister to me) who was once in the same shoes as yours. She was in d relationship for about 6 months. after it ended, i asked her what lessons she's learnt, she told me and i quote
"I should have concentrated on my studies, i was too young to make decisions based on dating a very older person. he was in control of my life all through"

I believe its based on personal preference, but i wont encourage my younger sister to go into it. i'd prefer her to date her mate or someone slightly older than her lets say 22!
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by janetgurl: 7:45am On Aug 03, 2006
end it if u want
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Hotstepper(f): 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2006
how old are your parents?

1 Like

Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by kiki(f): 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2006
girl if u love this man it don't matter how old he is because yall got somthing in common and that is loving each other but girl now u got to be careful and know what d hell u doing don't let no man ruin your life 4 ya make sure u finish skool before going any further cos den u got more options and u'll know wat 2 do with ur life just a piece of advice
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Busta(f): 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2006
as i keep tellin people on Nairaland, most of the answers lies in ur hands/head because u're the one that is going to be living with this guy, u're the one to fac e the fact that your man is way older than u, u're the one that will give your body and soul to this man, u're the one to deal with his rubbish, his family and ur family.

think hard, is this what u want to face or do??

people here will give u advise, some that will benefit u, some that will wreck u but the ultimate answer lies with u!

good luck!
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by naijadiva2(f): 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2006
all i can say is damn.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by mamaput(f): 9:50pm On Aug 03, 2006
Thats old when you are 34 he will be 50
when you are 50 he will be 66
when you are 66 he will be 82
when you are 24 he willbe40

all i will say to that is lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by mamaput(f): 9:52pm On Aug 03, 2006
Thats not good enough.
We have a name for that.
dirty old man.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by lunafish(f): 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2006
Older men have more experience therefore have more insight into the weaknesses of younger women. it would be easy for this man to exploit you and you have to be mindful of that. Even if you have the maturity; you're at different stages in life and have different expectations of relationships. Therefore; I think you should date someone closer to your age so that you gain more experience into the games men play.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by dondele(m): 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2006
all fo you telling this girl to go on and ruin her life by still being in dat ridiculous r/.ship must be sick. how can she be dating her dad in the name of BF huh?
girl tell that guy to leave u alone. you aint in love. you like him and u are confusing it with love. there are guys out there that will make your feet wibble. dude is old enuff to be your dad and you are dating him? damn, this is messed up.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by keliscia(f): 11:17pm On Aug 03, 2006
HI !!! YOU SAID THAT YOU ARE 18 RIGHT ?
THAT MEEN YOU ARE ADULT AND VACCINATE,
WHAT I CAN SAY IS THAT: YOU HAVE TO LOOK INSIDE OF YOUR heart AND SEE IF HE IS THE MAN OF YOUR LIFE ,
IF HE'S REALLY THE MAN YOU WANT TO BE WITH?
AGE DOSEN'T MATTER AT ALL
                                          DEPEND ON YOU ,  JUST CHOOSE WITH YOUR HEART NEVER WITH YOUR MIND 
FINISH YOUR EDDUCATION FIRST  REMEMBER A WOMAN WITH EDDUCATION IS A WOMAN WITH POWER
                                                                                            BYE kiss

Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Cleofel(f): 11:26pm On Aug 03, 2006
all i have to say is:follow ur heart,if he makes u happy n ur heart tells u to be with him dont listen to whatever people will say n do what pleases u cuz in love,age is only a number.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Damest09(f): 12:02am On Aug 04, 2006
It depends on what you want, when he gets so old, you will still look young, i mean why can't you two
do young age together as well as old age. The problem might be too much for you when you have to do everything and you see your age mates together having fun with their wife or husband.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Shagari2(m): 12:33am On Aug 04, 2006
Like aaliyah said "age ain't nothn but a number" wink
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Cleofel(f): 1:48am On Aug 04, 2006
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by wasty(f): 2:09am On Aug 04, 2006
kiss i think u should follow your heart, because is the only thing that make u do rigth things,
so what i have to say is: enjoy your relationship kiss
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by QT1: 3:07am On Aug 04, 2006
thanks everyone for your replies.

DEPEND ON YOU ,  JUST CHOOSE WITH YOUR HEART NEVER WITH YOUR MIND 
FINISH YOUR EDDUCATION FIRST  REMEMBER A WOMAN WITH EDDUCATION IS A WOMAN WITH POWER
                                                                                            BYE

it's not official so i won't say he's my boyfriend. so the title shud be changed. i think i can actually only keep up with it as long as it's a LDR. because we met on a vacation. but i don't if i could actually go through with it in in wasn't a LDR. i don't think there's much room for him to disrupt my education if we keep it a LDR. we currently contact through phone and all other tech stuffs.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Bamiprof(m): 3:38am On Aug 04, 2006
The age diffrence doesn't really matter as long as the Man is single.But note u should finish your studies first.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by QT1: 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2006
what is this studies we're talking of? so if i was dating a 20 year old or an 18 year old, i'd have to quit it too because of my studies too? so other college aren't dating because of their studies?
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by rapnizzy(m): 1:41pm On Aug 04, 2006
hmnnn, lets do some little arithmetic here, he was actually 16 yrs when you were jut a year old if am right,
i think you shuld open your eyes and stop being naive about things in life, Hes way older than you.
just look for someone in his early twenties, i think that would match properly
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Alexos(m): 2:50pm On Aug 04, 2006
What on earth are you doing with a 34yrs old man

You are just digging your early grave. I hate the clause ''There's nothing sexual in this relationship''. If there is nothin now, it will surely come, and when it eventually comes, it would turn to a case of 'had i known'.

Look my dear, the earlier the better, If he was a reasonable man, he wouldn't have ask u for a relationship. 

SO QUIT!!!
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2006
all i can say is da da da damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by shawna(f): 8:00pm On Aug 04, 2006
the guy is a pedo wtf u shouldnt be dating him he is way too old
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by desiree(f): 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2006
No effing Way!!!!

16 yrs age gap lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by lauryn(f): 7:23pm On Aug 10, 2006
U are already with him, people's opinion no longer matters
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by gem87(f): 7:24pm On Aug 10, 2006
honey, i'll say drop it like it's hot
it cld seem attractive now but is it gonna be worth it in d long run?
think abt all d sacrfices u'll hv 2 mk
and those men r usually possessive and will try 2 control ur life
it's in ur court so u decide , but that's wht i think
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by diddy4(m): 5:26am On Aug 11, 2006
@gem
true talk.

topic
drop that dude asap.
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by katherinae(f): 5:34am On Aug 15, 2006
leave ur parents out of this equation, their era is not the same now, err u shouldnt be dating a 34 year old, u interests will eventually wander, then what will u dump him and date an 18 year old
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by babe1(f): 5:40am On Aug 15, 2006
Oh my, Oh my!
Re: I'm 18 And Might Like a 34 Year Old by SuNnChNn(f): 5:41am On Aug 15, 2006
He is old enough to be ur father.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Is It Right To Sleep Over In Your Boyfriend's House? / A Message For Seun! From A Concerned Nairaland User / 10 Ways Nigerian Women Secretly Want Their Men To Be Romantic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.