Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World (10664 Views)

QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World / There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own / May God Save Our Country For The Devil Doesn't Want It To Be. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Macelliot(m): 7:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
firstolalekan:

What is this one saying?
Do you know my religion?
U are a muslim! I had debated with u before.
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by firstolalekan(m): 7:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
Macelliot:

U are a muslim! I had debated with u before.
hmn!
I'm sure you're mistaken me for another.
I am only a half human and half god.
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2014
theunusualmoon:

I don't know you but I respect you because even in this irresoluteness of yours You stil preach christianity unconsciously.The truth is you are not the first to first feel this way and you won't be the last.
Let me just remind you that your post was all about love and also,understanding that helping the next man or woman is a world changing gesture and this I believe........Is the exact message Jesus tried to pass across.
So please don't get confused .You're simply trying to continue from where he stopped which, ofcourse you know, is quite a daunting task.
smiley
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by chibwike(m): 7:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
MizMyColi, have been silent all this while...just waiting to see where we are heading to....Now lemme say something here....you are already a nice peson, you are not bad, you re not wicked or evil...you try ur best to do what is good....how about you just stop stressing your brain and self...into trying to knw tinz about tinz about tinz...you see there are many tinz in this life that one cant really explain.....Miz Just relax ur head....ur re just an individual...if you go today, religion, God, and watnuts remains.....just be urself, knw wat gives u joy and peace of mind....if its God..stick to him..if its being good and doing the rit tin, stick to it...dont think much about tinz of dis life...coz we dont really knw everything about it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 7:40pm On Oct 18, 2014
chibwike:
MizMyColi, have been silent all this while...just waiting to see where we are heading to....Now lemme say something here....you are already a nice peson, you are not bad, you re not wicked or evil...you try ur best to do what is good....how about you just stop stressing your brain and self...into trying to knw tinz about tinz about tinz...you see there are many tinz in this life that one cant really explain.....Miz Just relax ur head....ur re just an individual...if you go today, religion, God, and watnuts remains.....just be urself, knw wat gives u joy and peace of mind....if its God..stick to him..if its being good and doing the rit tin, stick to it...dont think much about tinz of dis life...coz we dont really knw everything about it

Thank you Chibwike.
I guess I've been caught in this trap, this trap of trying to have it all figured out, trying to make sense of things, trying to have a lot of answers, if not all the answers.

I am helped.
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Rapsainot(m): 7:49pm On Oct 18, 2014

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Macelliot(m): 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
firstolalekan:

hmn!
I'm sure you're mistaken me for another.
I am only a half human and half god.
Really! Are u dreaming?
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by firstolalekan(m): 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2014
Macelliot:

Really! Are u dreaming?
was I sleeping
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Macelliot(m): 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2014
firstolalekan:

was I sleeping
Just asking! Did u get urself right?
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
You take me several years back, to the day i first read E.G White.....cant remember the title of the book now. It was such beautiful writing. Anyway, this is the summary of what some of us have been saying. We need to have an wholistic view of our existence & our universe; the narrow religious view of personal salvation is selfish, untrue and absolute rubbish.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by firstolalekan(m): 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2014
Macelliot:

Just asking! Did u get urself right?

Believe it or not,
I just revealed to you who I really am.
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by lilbazy(m): 8:49pm On Oct 18, 2014
Jesus is lord
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by honourhim: 9:11pm On Oct 18, 2014
@Miz..,
My advice is this; Life is too large, take things easy. One step at a time. I appreciate your honesty and simplicity, I appreciate your person. God will help you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
lilbazy:
Jesus is lord

cheesy
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 9:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
honourhim:
@Miz..,
My advice is this; Life is too large, take things easy. One step at a time. I appreciate your honesty and simplicity, I appreciate your person. God will help you.

smiley
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
You take me several years back, to the day i first read E.G White.....cant remember the title of the book now. It was such beautiful writing. Anyway, this is the summary of what some of us have been saying. We need to have an wholistic view of our existence & our universe; the narrow religious view of personal salvation is selfish, untrue and absolute rubbish.

Please is there a way to double like your post without opening my alternate accounts.

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
MizMyColi:

Please is there a way to double like your post without opening my alternate accounts.

hmm. i will ask seun to make that possible within the next one week! lol.
Well, the book which title i forgot is 'Steps to Christ'. Dont be shocked , please. Yes i read such books before and i know they contain some truths. Her style was simple yet profound in the early parts of the book while describing the beauty of nature----rolling hills, singing brooks & chirping birds on the green trees on a gently undulating meadow sprinkled with beatiful flower etc, etc.
I wished religion was truthful and simple but alas...!

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
Elantracey:
The truth is 'religion ' actually does more harm than good and I know Jesus never came to give us religion instead he came to give us a sword which is the word of God.

Mmm...
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by destante(f): 11:03pm On Oct 18, 2014
Op I respect your write up. But I am not a proponent of this "religion does more harm than good" thingy. It doesn't seem logical to me to expect that in a world where there are no religions, everywhere would suddenly become peaceful and less chaotic, particularly when you consider mans intrinsic urge to compete with others and to be self centred. The actual fact is, religion may not have fulfilled its ultimate aim, but it still has put considerable check to mans natural baleful and deleterious activities. The bad definitely had to come with the good.
And to streamline it, I wouldn't even consider Christianity a religion. Its a way of life. This I can't explain much sha. Its jes a feel.

5 Likes

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by youngice(m): 11:36pm On Oct 18, 2014
MizMyColi:

But you, and I, and everyone reading this now and 10 years from now, God keeping NL, can change ourselves, innit?

The things we call impossible will remain impossible to us.

Who in their wildest dreams would have thought Oshodi would be what it is today, who?

Only those who saw it.

They had a vision. It ultimately became their MISSION, a purpose.

What is a VISION

Vision is what you have become as a result of what you are focusing on.

Vision is what you are now by reason of what you are seeing.

To achieve a vision, there are five levels.

You need to SEE
You need to BELIEVE
You need to BECOME
You need to PRACTICE
Finally
You need to MANIFEST.

story for the Gods

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by malvisguy212: 7:28am On Oct 19, 2014
MizMyColi:

At least, not in the manner we have been programmed to believe.

Everyone, please read with an open mind.

We keep hearing people say, Jesus will come one day to redeem the world, put an end to suffering, e.t.c.

But look at us, look at ISIS, look everywhere, since time immemorial......there's been suffering.

For one church that opens business today, there are several other kinds of new atrocities being committed, against human life.

The very people we are made to believe Jesus died for, that they might have life.

I created this topic because, I wanted everyone to see the wisdom behind the post I made penultimate this one, and take a cursory look inwards.

What are we doing right, what are we doing wrong?

Is there even a remote possibility that the world as we know it is our responsibility to nurture and preserve?

Have we taken time to consider being THE CHANGE that this world is so desperately in need of?

What if Jesus has already given us the key to make our earth a haven of sorts, what if we've been empowered beyond measure to see change birthed in our world, but chose to pay blind eyes/deaf ears.

What if we are the ones required to clean up this mess we created.

When are we going to realize that every good or bad deed we do has an effect on the universe as a whole?

What if we're the cause of our suffering, and now that we've done more than enough, we expect a quick fix God out there to work a turn water into wine miracle of sorts

What if the world had no religion in it?

What if Jesus came to illuminate a path for us all to travel on and find everlasting peace and happiness

What if religion is the main obstacle to finding that path?

What if, what if, what if.

These are my incoherent submissions and I'd like us to take a cursory look at these things.

What has religion done than build long bridges among/against people.

Even when I claim to have no religion and yet want to interact with people of different beliefs and unbeliefs, some people still shut me out, making me feel I shouldn't be among them, like I'm an alien of sorts.

Why?

Because of my ideals, because I've chosen to find a common ground to relate with everyman. To see every person through the eyes of love.

As far as I'm concerned, our lives are better off without religion of any kind.

Without religion, we'd likely speak one language and message of love for one another, and seek out ways to help make our world better, we'd be more mindful of our interconnectedness.

There'd be no atheist to call the religious man foolish and open-eyed blind.

There'd be no religious man to call the atheist and all other "ists" confused and lost.

The Genie God we're waiting for, the one who'll wave his magic wand and destroy the earth in fire and brimstone before building a new heaven and a new earth may never come (in the manner we've been told to expect).

The kingdom of heaven (if any) is already here with us. How well are we manifesting it?

The onus is on us.
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by malvisguy212: 7:39am On Oct 19, 2014
@mizmycoli.
Jesus dint say he will save the world,he came to save the sinner's,to reconcile us to himself,when satan say to jesus"i will give you this world only if you bow down and worship me" if jesus want to save this world he wuld'av rebuk the devil claim.in the book revelation,bible talk about the new jerusalem,dont you think if he want to save the world,no need of the new jerusalem?
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 19, 2014
I don't care what your opinion on religion is but I will advice you to change this stuppid suggestive title to reflect your perception of religion.

Suggesting "Jesus may never save the world" is the most senile and hypocritical propaganda from a conceited mind. It not only insult the sensibility of WE the follower but also an aberration to undermine his authority and teaching of LOVE and RIGHTEOUSNESS.

I implore you to change your thread title to something reflective of your demeanour like: "Can Religion Save The World" or "Do you think Christianity Can change the world rather than bringing JESUS to ridicule even though we Christians are generally tolerant and liberal in our world view.

Please my dear, curtail your debates on religious issues to rubbish Christianity. THIS areas are too sensitive for you to handle now. BE whatever you wanna be but allow Christianity to thrive

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by malvisguy212: 7:47am On Oct 19, 2014
MizMyColi:
@Theunusualmoon.

I have a religion, yes.

Just not the conventional kind.

Right now, I have chosen to detach from my professed religion.....

I want to test it and see if it holds water.

Meanwhile, what other religion might this be?
lady,you dont have to be religionist before God will love you,our God loves us unconditional,from adam uptil now,man has been searching a easy way of salvation,they even try to buld a tower to heaven,they thought God live in heaven,but He dont ,bible say heaven is my throne earth is my footstool, you dont live in a throne[heaven].
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Kunleskey(m): 7:54am On Oct 19, 2014
Hmmmm!my pple perish bcoz they lack knowledge..heaven and earth will pass away bt my word will still remain..bt those who endure it to the end will be save...sign of end time.my God is nt a man dat he should lie neither d son of man that he should repent
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Ayonbobo(m): 11:52am On Oct 19, 2014
There are times in life you will get confused, clueless and you will have a whole lot of unanswered questions but dont worry the answers you seek for are right beside you but, you are too busy to realise that. Have you ever wondered why you are given birth to?? Why you are in your family, country etc....there are trillions of things, of understanding your brain just can't comprehend, thats why we have God who knows everything. In conclusion, if you know GOD, you know everything because the secret and the mysterious things can only be revealed by him.
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 20, 2014
I think Jesus is a man, he lived and died, and like every man stayed that way. I've never thought to say this before, I've not even allowed my brain the space to think that thought and it's simply because I've been indoctrinated from birth to believe Jesus is alive and will come back some day.

Below is the lyric to Nickel Back's song Hero. Nickel Back use to be my favorite band and I listen to this song to remind myself that the job of saving me rest on my shoulders. Religion taught us to be dependent, to trust something outside of us, to be weak and broken, to need their crutch because if we realise that we're our own saviors we won't need their incredulous tales anymore and they'll lose their controlling grip on us. Bad business.

"Hero"
(performed by Chad Kroeger)
(feat. Josey Scott)

I am so high, I can hear heaven
I am so high, I can hear heaven
Whoa, but heaven, no, heaven don't hear me

And they say that a hero could save us
I'm not gonna stand here and wait
I'll hold on to the wings of the eagles
Watch as we all fly away

Someone told me love would all save us
But, how can that be, look what love gave us
A world full of killing and blood spilling
That world never came

Watch as we all fly away, Ahhaaaa

Now that the world isn't ending
It's love that I'm sending to you
It isn't the love of a hero
And that's why I fear it won't do

Watch as we all fly away

And they're watching us, (watching us)
They're watching us, (watching us)
As we all fly away
As we all fly away
As we all fly away
Whoa-hoa

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:08am On Oct 22, 2014
All these makes me smile.

Jesus already saved the world, He already died for our sins - meaning we can all make it to heaven; ONLY IF WE ACCEPT HIM AND BELIEVE HIM. There's no other way to it. Man has been made to make choices, the Bible says "... I have set before you life and death, choose life that you may live..." The reason why man is spectacular among all God's creation (including the angels) is that man has free will.

So at the end of time, He'll separate those who willingly believed and accepted His ways and those who didn't.

That's why devil's greatest attack is a man's mind. That's the greatest battlefield in our lives - where the evil strives with good; light contends darkness, you get to decide which should win.

FREE WILL is God's greatest tool of knowing those who are HIS.

Shalom.
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by fyneboi79(m): 9:19am On Oct 23, 2014
MizMyColi:

We keep hearing people say, Jesus will come one day to redeem the world, put an end to suffering, e.t.c.

But look at us, look at ISIS, look everywhere, since time immemorial......there's been suffering.

For one church that opens business today, there are several other kinds of new atrocities being committed, against human life.

The very people we are made to believe Jesus died for, that they might have life.

I created this topic because, I wanted everyone to see the wisdom behind the post I made penultimate this one, and take a cursory look inwards.

Is there even a remote possibility that the world as we know it is our responsibility to nurture and preserve?

Have we taken time to consider being THE CHANGE that this world is so desperately in need of?

What if Jesus has already given us the key to make our earth a haven of sorts, what if we've been empowered beyond measure to see change birthed in our world, but chose to pay blind eyes/deaf ears.

When are we going to realize that every good or bad deed we do has an effect on the universe as a whole?

What if we're the cause of our suffering, and now that we've done more than enough, we expect a quick fix God out there to work a turn water into wine miracle of sorts

What if Jesus came to illuminate a path for us all to travel on and find everlasting peace and happiness

These are my incoherent submissions and I'd like us to take a cursory look at these things.

Even when I claim to have no religion and yet want to interact with people of different beliefs and unbeliefs, some people still shut me out, making me feel I shouldn't be among them, like I'm an alien of sorts.

Why?

Because of my ideals, because I've chosen to find a common ground to relate with everyman. To see every person through the eyes of love.

Without religion, we'd likely speak one language and message of love for one another, and seek out ways to help make our world better, we'd be more mindful of our interconnectedness.

There'd be no religious man to call the atheist and all other "ists" confused and lost.

The Genie God we're waiting for, the one who'll wave his magic wand and destroy the earth in fire and brimstone before building a new heaven and a new earth may never come (in the manner we've been told to expect).

The kingdom of heaven (if any) is already here with us. How well are we manifesting it?

The onus is on us.
I love this!
I opened a similar thread and have also reasoned like this and came to d conclusion that religion seems more like a distraction to Africa while the rest of the world advances.Just do good to the needy and helpless people and I tell ‎u the world will be a better place for all of us. MzMyColi I am really so impressed by ur intelligence and exposure and for the first time since I joined NL...I crave to meet and know ‎u better.Keep it up.You are good grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by fyneboi79(m): 9:35am On Oct 23, 2014
MizMyColi:

But you, and I, and everyone reading this now and 10 years from now, God keeping NL, can change ourselves, innit?

The things we call impossible will remain impossible to us.

Who in their wildest dreams would have thought Oshodi would be what it is today, who?

Only those who saw it.

They had a vision. It ultimately became their MISSION, a purpose.

What is a VISION

Vision is what you have become as a result of what you are focusing on.

Vision is what you are now by reason of what you are seeing.

To achieve a vision, there are five levels.

You need to SEE
You need to BELIEVE
You need to BECOME
You need to PRACTICE
Finally
You need to MANIFEST.

I believe you and I have been looking for someone like you to work with towards a change. Seriously .
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by cupidhero(m): 11:33am On Oct 23, 2014
MizMyColi:

There is a popular saying among conspiracy theorists that says "Believe those seeking the truth but doubt those who find it". too much knowledeg can be disasterous at times, i was 16 when i read the writings of ellen G white then geting to 23 i read a book with facts about she been under some hallucinogenic drugs and the visons she claimed she saw was just a normal trip down the rabbit hole. The truth remains that mankind knows just some few things about GOD. for example dinosaurs roamed the earth millions of years ago but still there is no mention a any creature like that in the bible,does it mean it was part of a pre-adamic creation? take it easy dear on the truth seeking,it can be dangerous at times. be good!
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by urcutecrush(f): 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
MizMyColi:

Why?

The onus is on us.
Swiz chisus!I don't knw your sex bt am loving u more and more(plenty pun intended)
Religion is the foundation of most earthly problems.the terrorist and the crusaders makes one hate religion.I believe the shallow ppl who created religion dint see this coming.

@OP i don't believe in any jesus comin to save the world.the world is what we(humans)make of it.
I agree with not finding common grounds with the theist.even dos that don't go to church,pray nor go to mosque anytime i tell them I don't believe in any of their doctrine u will see change like am the devil they were made to believe.I am (f) i fear for my future,will i be able to pretend i don't use my brain and dat i believe in religion and supernatural being.I hope i don't

OP

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atheists Are Hypocrites / When Paul And Silas Was In Prison Who Was The DPO? / If I Sell My Property, Should I Still Pay Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.