Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,565 members, 7,955,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:44 PM

OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World (10898 Views)

QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World / There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own / May God Save Our Country For The Devil Doesn't Want It To Be. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
urcutecrush:

Swiz chisus!I don't knw your sex bt am loving u more and more(plenty pun intended)
Religion is the foundation of most earthly problems.the terrorist and the crusaders makes one hate religion.I believe the shallow ppl who created religion dint see this coming.

@OP i don't believe in any jesus comin to save the world.the world is what we(humans)make of it.
I agree with not finding common grounds with the theist.even dos that don't go to church,pray nor go to mosque anytime i tell them I don't believe in any of their doctrine u will see change like am the devil they were made to believe.I am (f) i fear for my future,will i be able to pretend i don't use my brain and dat i believe in religion and supernatural being.I hope i don't
OP

Waow!
Coool cool

Tell me more.
What are ur beliefs.
What do you accept, what do you reject?
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
MizMyColi:

But you, and I, and everyone reading this now and 10 years from now, God keeping NL, can change ourselves, innit?

The things we call impossible will remain impossible to us.

Who in their wildest dreams would have thought Oshodi would be what it is today, who?

Only those who saw it.

They had a vision. It ultimately became their MISSION, a purpose.

What is a VISION

Vision is what you have become as a result of what you are focusing on.

Vision is what you are now by reason of what you are seeing.

To achieve a vision, there are five levels.

You need to SEE
You need to BELIEVE
You need to BECOME
You need to PRACTICE
Finally
You need to MANIFEST.

Seeing, believing, becoming.... Are these privileges of the educated and well-to-do ?
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
musKeeto:

Seeing, believing, becoming.... Are these privileges of the educated and well-to-do ?

I think that vision and it's various levels are innate in every man, like wired into our DNA - in varying degrees, depending on how sharpened/dulled they've become over time.
Else, we'd still be some Homo habilis of sorts.

So no, it's not a "privilege" so to speak.
The ability to visionize is what I'd rather we term; a gift to humanity.
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by urcutecrush(f): 2:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
MizMyColi:

Waow!
Coool cool

Tell me more.
What are ur beliefs.
What do you accept, what do you reject?
I am still on the journey of discovering myself
But as at now am a freethinker.
I don't accept anything without critical reasoning,direct experience nor hearsay which makes me not to belive in any god so dos that makes me an atheist?
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2014
urcutecrush:

I am still on the journey of discovering myself
But as at now am a freethinker.
I don't accept anything without critical reasoning,direct experience nor hearsay which makes me not to belive in any god so dos that makes me an atheist?

I share almost all your views.
Only, I still believe in a Creator, what I'm not sure of is the religions and doctrines we've made out of Him (I refer to Him as "him" because it feels more personal).
Don't even ask me how and why I believe.
It's kinda beyond my intellect and subjective, maybe.

Errrr.......talking about being Atheist, I think MusKeeto should know better. I wouldn't know for sure what qualifies one as such, for example, I think of myself as the following:

An Inclusivist
I believe all of life is sacred, every human being is beautiful, and each moment matters.

An Atheist
I don’t believe in a “God” whose love and acceptance is conditional, or who advocates fear, shame, oppression, injustice, ignorance, repression or hatred.

An Agnostic
There is twice as much that I don’t know, than I do know. The mystery of it all cannot be cloaked in certainty.

A Student of Jesus
I want to be courageously human, a powerful expression of love, acceptance, peace, beauty, goodness, freedom and compassion in this world, and live without separation from myself, God, others and life… as I see Jesus did.

A Possibilitarian
I believe in the possibility of humankind awakening to our profound interconnectedness, and the possibilities of the power of love to transform our world.
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2014
MizMyColi:

An Atheist
I don’t believe in a “God” whose love and acceptance is conditional, or who advocates fear, shame, oppression, injustice, ignorance, repression or hatred.
This is a misrepresentation. Atheist is one who doesn't believe in a creator, loving or not.

@MizMyColi
Is love always good?
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 3:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
musKeeto:
This is a misrepresentation. Atheist is one who doesn't believe in a creator, loving or not.
I beg to disagree with you.
I wanna believe that the word Atheist is subjective/relative, the same way Christian is.
Now, if I were to google the "Christian", it'd say something in the lines of a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Christianity.

^^^ Like seriously?
And there are over 40,000 christian denominations (so I was told) in our world as we know it? undecided undecided

What's my point here?
We were all brought up to believe in the Christian God, the God of the bible/Muslim God, the God of the Quran.
We were taught to see Him as one entity. (Old and New testament).
I've denounced that "God" several times and has earned me the label "atheist" in some circles, afterall, there's only "one God" right?
All the others are "gods" (from this part of the divide, so to speak).

What it then means is that I'm an "Athiest" of sorts, because I don't believe in "God".

You'd notice too, that, in the quote you posted above, God is in quotes "God".

@MizMyColi
Is love always good?

If it's not good (it might not always present itself that way though), I'd rather say that, if it's underlying motive doesn't stem from a heart of goodness, seeking a greater good of sorts?
Then it's not Love (as I've come to know it).
It's counterfeit love.

And like I always quip, the presence of a counterfeit is the surest indicator that there's an original (no matter how rare, it is to come by).

What's with your Moniker? @Muskeeto.
I'm beginning to get ideas.....
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
MizMyColi:

I beg to disagree with you.
I wanna believe that the word Atheist is subjective/relative, the same way Christian is.

If we leave the definitions of words to subjective opinions, then the purpose of communication is lost.

MizMyColi:

Now, if I were to google the "Christian", it'd say something in the lines of a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Christianity.
^^^ Like seriously?
And there are over 40,000 christian denominations (so I was told) in our world as we know it? undecided undecided

Christians are united in the belief in Christ. Beyond that, doctrines and interpretations hold sway causing the divisions and strife. It doesn't make one less Christian than the other, though the adherents would love to believe so.

MizMyColi:

......What's my point here?
All the others are "gods" (from this part of the divide, so to speak)......

Okay. I think I get you. You do not believe an evil God exists. You believe only in a God of love and goodness. Like eclairs cheesy

MizMyColi:

If it's not good (it might not always present itself that way though), I'd rather say that, if it's underlying motive doesn't stem from a heart of goodness, seeking a greater good of sorts?
Then it's not Love (as I've come to know it).
It's counterfeit love.

Good. So consider this.
- Yahweh LOVES the Israelites.
- He brings them out of slavery, provides for them in the wilderness because of his promise to Abraham.
- He loved them so much he was willing to exercise his power(afterall he was the creator) to exterminate other tribes who were 'atheist' to him.
Would like your thoughts on this. Was this love? Is jealousy a necessary part of love? His motive was to keep them pure and holy for himself afterall.

MizMyColi:

And like I always quip, the presence of a counterfeit is the surest indicator that there's an original (no matter how rare, it is to come by).

And I completely disagree with this. As long as there are many claims by different sources to be original, by what standard do we test for the fraudulent?

I'll give an example. You know the currency in your hand is an original because the CBN has made it public knowledge what marks have been inscribed on the original. It is therefore easier to recognize a counterfeit in one's possession.

With religious books or notes, it is quite different. They are all self-authenticated. They all derive their authenticity without regards to extrinsic sources. Thus, the confusion sets in. You either accept what it says or you don't.

MizMyColi:

What's with your Moniker? @Muskeeto.
I'm beginning to get ideas.....

lipsrsealed
grin abeg o...
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 8:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
musKeeto:

If we leave the definitions of words to subjective opinions, then the purpose of communication is lost.

LoL
Meaning you agree that some definitions are really subjective/relative?
Take a look at our world today....
Is any "reality" really objective?
Whatever happened to the "no truth is absolute" mantra
From this side of the divide, it's clear to you and I that I am no atheist.
No wonder someone said, "Because we make sense of the world through our filters, nothing is really objective - i.e., "as it is".......

Repeat the same thing I just wrote penultimate this post to my Mom and see if she'll hand/label me anything "easier"

Christians are united in the belief in Christ. Beyond that, doctrines and interpretations hold sway causing the divisions and strife. It doesn't make one less Christian than the other, though the adherents would love to believe so.

Oh well, we should ask mormons and JWs exactly what brand of Jesus they believe in. Look Dear, it's not a matter of what they would love to believe or not, some actually see the rest as less and vice-versa, imo.

That said, I think it's a virus in humanity generally.
We tend to see a set of people as "less", "just there" and "up to par".
undecided

Okay. I think I get you. You do not believe an evil God exists. You do not believe in a bipolar view of God. You believe only in a God of love and goodness. Like eclairs cheesy

I make this assertion solely from my experiences as a young lady.
Not necessarily because someone or somebook told me. (That might have contributed greatly in the early stages tho')
Not now anymore.
Any god who doesn't fit the description of "devoid of darkness, without shadow of TURNING" is my devil.
#Apologies

At the risk of sounding very foolish to the intellectual part of my being.
I consider my God, my creator, an essential part of my being, no, no, he's not a part. We are one. We Co-exist. I call Him my eternal reality.

I'm not even sure of his name or gender anymore, I'm rediscovering.

Good. So consider this.
- Yahweh LOVES the Israelites.
- He brings them out of slavery, provides for them in the wilderness because of his promise to Abraham.
- He loved them so much he was willing to exercise his power(afterall he was the creator) to exterminate other tribes who were 'atheist' to him.
Would like your thoughts on this. Was this love? Is jealousy a necessary part of love? His motive was to keep them pure and holy for himself afterall.

^^^ That's not my area of expertise, I'll do a research of sorts and get back to you.
That's a promise wink

And I completely disagree with this. As long as there are many claims by different sources to be original, by what standard do we test for the fraudulent?

I'll give an example. You know the currency in your hand is an original because the CBN has made it public knowledge what marks have been inscribed on the original. It is therefore easier to recognize a counterfeit in one's possession.

With religious books or notes, it is quite different. They are all self-authenticated. They all derive their authenticity without regards to extrinsic sources. Thus, the confusion sets in. You either accept what it says or you don't.

In this case, the example you gave was produced by humans, we are people of standards, therefore a standard is inevitable.

I share your views as touching religious books, I was wondering today, more like musing thus:

"What makes the bible any better than the quran, what makes mine more authentic and theirs "inauthentic"?
"What makes my experiences or the stories contained therein true and theirs false?

Lolest.

But then, for something like "Love" which, I doubt any human is capable of producing on his or her own, for those values and virtues which transcends our being......well, I wanna believe the standard is out there somewhere, or within us, maybe. undecided

I still maintain Dear, the word "counterfeit" would not be in existence, without the word "original"

This life/universe is deep o, lemee nuh lie.
grin
I've seen things.
Personally, the easiest way out most times is to convince myself I'm under an illusion of sorts.....
But then.......It was what it was.

This issue of "God" is better EXPERIENCED than TAUGHT.
Come to think of it, what do I have to lose anyway?
I've made far worse decisons cheesy

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2014

Lemme ask you Muskeeto; Been on my mind awhile now.
Your POV'd suffice.

What is good? What is bad? How do we know both? How did we come about the standards/lines for good and bad? Good and Bad is relative too, right?
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by urcutecrush(f): 11:00pm On Oct 23, 2014
MizMyColi:

Only, I still believe in a Creator, what I'm not sure of is the religions and doctrines we've made out of Him (I refer to Him as "him" because it feels more personal).

Errrr.......talking about being Atheist, I think MusKeeto should know better. I wouldn't know for sure what qualifies one as such, for example, I think of myself as the following:

An Inclusivist
I believe all of life is sacred, every human being is beautiful, and each moment matters.

An Atheist

An Agnostic
There is twice as much that I don’t know, than I do know. The mystery of it all cannot be cloaked in certainty.

A Student of Jesus
I want to be courageously human, a powerful expression of love, acceptance, peace, beauty, goodness, freedom and compassion in this world, and live without separation from myself, God, others and life… as I see Jesus did.

A Possibilitarian
I believe in the possibility of humankind awakening to our profound interconnectedness, and the possibilities of the power of love to transform our world.
I will call u an agnostic firstly cos u believe in God(him) but not in religion and doctrine
A humanist also cos u care
A free thinker and u can still be a free thinker and still be agnostic,theist or atheist.
Hope u found ur common ground too.
As for me am enjoying every bit of it.
This is not religion,no jealous god will strike me down

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by theunusualmoon(m): 7:15am On Oct 24, 2014
urcutecrush:

I will call u an agnostic firstly cos u believe in God(him) but not in religion and doctrine
A free thinker and u can still be a free thinker and still be agnostic,theist or atheist.
You're enjoying every bit of what?
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by urcutecrush(f): 7:33am On Oct 24, 2014
theunusualmoon:

You're enjoying every bit of what?
Freedom of reasonable thinking
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by theunusualmoon(m): 7:44am On Oct 24, 2014
urcutecrush:

Freedom of reasonable thinking
As a humanist,Agnostic,Atheist, ?Or do I just conclude that you are a free thinker.
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 8:22am On Oct 24, 2014
urcutecrush:

Hiohiohiohiohiohihohio

LoL @ jealous god striking you down.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Y'know, if that's the kind of God most people believe in, then feel free to call me an Atheist of sorts grin grin

I mean!

While I agree that it's human to be somewhat jealous.
Especially when we feel like something or someone belongs to us and there's an imminent threat, subtle or direct to take them away from us - It would be the height of wickedness and evilness to strike down these offenders, just because we have "the power to do so".

Y'know, that a person or thing is powerful doesn't automatically make them dangerous.
That said, if the God I believe in today, was actually, truly the mastermind of those gory killings which, even I the created couldn't possibly go thru' with.....
A God I am supposedly nicer, kinder and more merciful than......

Well undecided undecided undecided
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 11:11am On Oct 24, 2014
@ Muskeeto, check this out.
I'm not trying to explain things away.

But I did find this resourceful at one time.
Authored by a Christian.

15 REASONS NOT TO READ THE OLD TESTAMENT "BY THE LETTER!"

I have provided 15 reasons, starting a few paragraphs below, why we MUST rethink the way we read the Old Testament. But let me first make a few introductory comments.

Here is the pivotal issue. The Old Testament's view of God and Satan was UNDIFFERENTIATED. The Old Testament saints had developmental limitations due to their lack of indwelling by the New Covenant Spirit. Galatians rightly says the OT saints were spiritual children in need of a tutor. Jesus also warned the disciples, pre-Pentecost, that they couldn't "bear" to hear all the truth about Satan until their later indwelling. John 16:12.

Because of their developmental limitations, they simply could not grasp the spiritual realities of the Satanic grounding of evil. They wrongly thought Satan was God's left hand, His angry voice, His official minister of wrath, His obedient death angel who simply carried God's presets of destruction on the disobedient.

We now know, because of the indwelling New Covenant Holy Spirit, that Satan is the agent of destruction, not God. Jesus' entire ministry was focused on casting out Satan's influence wherever He went (Acts 10:38; 1 John 3:cool. From healing demonic oppression, to casting out unclean spirits, to rebuking Satanic impulses, to delivering the afflicted from devilish disease, Jesus revealed Satan was no "left hand of God." Satan was a cosmic rebel whose enemy works Jesus came to destroy.

So, we, as New Testament believers, must ADJUST, and CORRECT the Old Testament passages by inserting Satan BACK INTO the passage as the true REBEL author and source of evil, death, plague, destruction, depression, oppression, wars and disasters. If we don't see Satan imbedded in every wrathfully destructive Old Testament passage, then we aren't reading with New Testament light.

The cure for the Old Testament is simple. Read it with Jesus' New Testament Spirit looking over your shoulder and speaking light into your spiritual ear. Let Him explain where both the sinister Satan and His loving Abba are in each passage. Jesus will show you where His Father of Lights shines and where the Prince of Darkness lurks hidden in the destructive shadows.

Let Jesus re-divide each Old Testament event for you by differentiating which part of it is OF God and which part is OF Satan. Like the old children's game "WHERE'S WALDO?", Jesus wants to reveal every Old Testament page with New Testament precision of where He is and WHERE WALDO/SATAN is. He wants to replace the Old Testament "letter" with the New Testament "better."

As you read the reasons/verses below, ask yourself who is this PASSAGE really describing-- Jesus or Satan. Ask the Spirit to "bear witness" to your inner man just "who is who" here, and He will! The Deuteronomy 28 curses listed below which "come on" disobedient Israelites, when read with NT light, just warn us that our increasing and willful unbelief can give Satan greater and greater access to work various destructions in our lives. As for me, I will never agree that the Jesus I know, through both the Holy Spirit and the Gospels, would ever, could ever, perform the below atrocities. Satan, yes, but Jesus never! Jesus saves is from destruction, He doesn't "delightfully" bring it.

So here are the 15 reasons we must not read the Old Testament literally, "by the letter"in other words, but instead read it "by the Spirit" as 2 Corinthians 3:6 instructs us:

1) "The LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nothing." Deuteronomy 28:63. WHAT?

2) "The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee." Deuteronomy 28:21. YIKES!!!!

3) "The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption , and with a fever , and with an inflammation , and with an extreme burning , and with the sword , and with blasting , and with mildew ; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish." Deuteronomy 28:22. OUCH!!!!!

4) "The LORD shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust : from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed." Deuteronomy 28:24. GULP!!!!!!

5) "The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies : thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth. And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air , and unto the beasts of the earth , and no man shall fray them away." Deuteronomy 28:25-26. EEEWWW!!!!

6) "The LORD will smite thee with the botch of Egypt , and with the emerods, and with the scab , and with the itch , whereof thou canst not be healed." Deuteronomy 28:27. GROSS!!!!

7) "The LORD shall smite thee with madness , and blindness , and astonishment of heart : And thou shalt grope at noonday , as the blind gropeth in darkness , and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways : and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore." Deuteronomy 28:28-29. OMIGOSH!!!!

cool "The LORD shall smite thee in the knees , and in the legs , with a sore botch that cannot be healed , from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head." Deuteronomy 28:35. SHEESH!!

9) "The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known ; and there shalt thou serve other gods , wood and stone." Deuteronomy 28:36. HE MAKES ME SERVE OTHER GODS??!!

10) "Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed ; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God , to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee: And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder , and upon thy seed for ever." Deuteronomy 28:45-46. ON MY CHILDREN FOREVER AND EVER??!!

11) "Because thou servedst not the LORD thy God with joyfulness , and with gladness of heart , for the abundance of all things; Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger , and in thirst , and in unclothedness , and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck , until he have destroyed thee." Deuteronomy 28:47-48. HE CONTROLS MY ENEMIES??!!

12) "The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far , from the end of the earth , as swift as the eagle flieth ; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand ; A nation of fierce countenance , which shall not regard the person of the old , nor shew favour to the young : And he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle , and the fruit of thy land , until thou be destroyed : which also shall not leave thee either corn , wine , or oil , or the increase of thy kine , or flocks of thy sheep , until he have destroyed thee.... And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body , the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters , which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege , and in the straitness , wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee." Deuteronomy 28:49-51, 53. HE WILL SEND AN ENEMY WHO CAUSES ME TO EAT MY OWN CHiLDREN!!!

13) "The LORD will make thy plagues wonderful , and the plagues of thy seed , even great plagues , and of long continuance , and sore sicknesses , and of long continuance . Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt , which thou wast afraid of ; and they shall cleave unto thee." Deuteronomy 28:59. WONDERFUL PLAGUES!!

14) "Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt , which thou wast afraid of ; and they shall cleave unto thee. Also every sickness , and every plague , which is not written in the book of this law , them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed." Deuteronomy 28:60-61. DESTROYED BY GOD!!

15) "The LORD shall give thee thee a trembling heart , and failing of eyes , and sorrow of mind : And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night , and shalt have none assurance of thy life : In the morning thou shalt say , Would God it were even ! and at even thou shalt say , Would God it were morning ! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear , and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see." Deuteronomy 28:65-67. THE LORD MAKES US FEARFUL AND MISERABLE FOR NOT LOVING AND OBEYING HIM??! !

OR, could it just be that Satan is the REAL one inflicting these crippling curses listed above, curses through which WE give him access to inflict by our unbelief and subsequent quenching of God's protective presence?

When we welcome Satan's spirit of fear, neglect, unbelief, and mis-belief toward Jesus, we thereby open a Pandora's box of potential destructions. But, as we yield our hearts of faith back to God, the Lord's protective presence is able to quickly manifest to rescue and protect us from all harm.

This then is the pivotal point to glean from the above passages: BE AWARE OF WHAT CAUSES THE LORD'S PROTECTIVE PRESENCE TO WAX AND WANE! Our fear, neglect, unbelief, and mis-belief causes it to wane, while our faith, hope and heart focus causes it to wax. There are certainly OTHER factors which can allow greater Satanic access into our lives as well, many of which are the equivalent of "second hand smoke" from other nearby parties which have blown various oppressions our way. But God's waxing presence can even help reverse those.
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 11:17am On Oct 24, 2014
Went back to my FB timeline.

Looking for a particular post someone made to me, more like a prophecy. (Today's her birthday, so my mind reflexively went to how I met her).
LoL
What amazed me is that we had never crossed paths, but there was this level of accuracy with what she said.

Two things are involved:
Either she was for real or a real fake.

Meanwhile I saw this update I shared in January this year, it might help someone, who knows.......
"22 Mistakes I Made As A Senior Pastor:

Putting church over community.
Putting orthodoxy over love.
Putting certainty over wonder.
Putting teaching over conversation.
Putting polished over real.
Putting answers over questions.
Putting membership over friendship.
Putting Christianity over Christ.
Putting knowledge over action.
Putting style over substance.
Putting appearance over authenticity.
Putting functionality over beauty.
Putting religion over spirituality.
Putting numbers over individuals.
Putting holiness over humanity.
Putting accountability over acceptance.
Putting heaven over earth.
Putting meetings over relationships.
Putting reputation over risk.
Putting charisma over compassion.
Putting the Afterlife over the Herelife.
Putting thinking over feeling." grin grin grin
- Jim Palmer

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 11:22am On Oct 24, 2014
This one's by Mick Mooney shocked

Gosh, I miss the beginning.

Our souls are as deep as the universe is wide
But our heads keep us trapped in a small box inside
Our possibilities are as pure as the great Divine
But our heads keep us thinking in ways that divide

Our hearts want to love like the sun wants to shine
But our minds are afraid that they’ll become blind
Our spirits can transcend this place and time
But our minds only want what they can define

But what if we rebel & let our hearts lead the way?
What do you think the heavens would say?
What if fear grabs our chest, demands we face up and fight?
What if God makes us heroes for standing up for the light?

And it’s me, and it’s you
So tell me love, what shall we do?
Should we protest or sing along with the band?
Should we sit down when we’re destined to stand?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 11:29am On Oct 24, 2014
If you have a message to the world, don't keep it bottled. It might be what'll keep another from misery, I remember all the epiphanies I had as I go thru' my timeline starting from January.

This one I'm about to share still makes me smile.
smiley smiley

RIDDLE ME THIS: WHAT DID THE FOLLOWING THREE GROUPS OF "WOULD BE" KILLERS HAVE IN COMMON?

1) James and John wanting Jesus to call down killing fire on the Samaritans for rejecting them in Luke 9:54 (just like Elijah did to the rebellious Samaritans in 2 Kings 1:10, 12);

2) The Pharisees wanting to execute Jesus' disciples to death for Sabbath-breaking in Matthew 12:1-7 (just like Moses commanded all Sabbath breakers stoned to death, no exceptions, in Exodus 31:14-15 and 35:2, and who in fact stoned a man to death in similar circumstances for just picking up sticks on the Sabbath in Numbers 15:32-36);

3) The mob seeking to stone the woman to death who had been caught in adultery in John 8:1-11 (just like Moses commanded all adulterers to death in Leviticus 20:10, no exceptions);

WHAT did these would be killers all have on their side?

ANSWER: The Bible.

All these bloodthirsty people were relying on well known Scriptures, established Scriptures, clear Scriptures, compelling Scriptures. I cite all the passages above.

These mobs thought they all had the spiritual high ground. But you know what? They didn't.

Jesus told James and John they "knew not what spirit they were of, because He came to save life, not to destroy it." Luke 9:55. He told the Pharisees seeking to execute His disciples for Sabbath-breaking that He Himself was "Lord of the Sabbath" and that His disciples were "blameless" and "guiltless" because He "wanted mercy and not sacrifice." Matthew 12:5-8. After scattering the mob seeking to stone her, Jesus told the adulterous that He Himself did NOT condemn her. John 8:11. He cleaned all their plows of wrath with His Spirit of rescuing love.

The point here is that we all need more than JUST the Bible on our side. These people all may have had the literal Bible on their side, but they did not have Jesus on their side. They did not have the Holy Spirit on their side. And they did not have the Heavenly Father on their side.

Time and time again, in the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said the Scripture may literally SAY this, but I spiritually SAY..... This is all I am advocating here, to let Jesus' nature, Jesus' presence, and Jesus' wisdom have the FIRST and BEST say when it comes to us reading Scripture.

These three mobs had ALL had read the Scriptures literally, all had thought they clearly understood them, and were all confident they were serving God. What a chilling prospect!

Do we commit the same error today when we believe we can understand Scripture without first putting primary reliance on Holy Ghost interaction? Do we think that our "natural understanding" of Scripture is always automatically right, especially when the book of James warns us that the wisdom from "below" is "earthly, natural and demonic." James 3:15.

SATAN HIDES IN OUR NATURAL UNDERSTANDING!

Did you now there are worldwide demonic powers whose sole function is to lure you into reading the Bible "by the letter," WITHOUT the aid and illumination of the Holy Spirit in other words?

"So with us; when we were children, we were slaves to the ELEMENTAL SPIRITS of the universe." Galatians 4:3.

"Formerly, when you did not know God, you were in bondage to beings that by nature are no gods; but now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and beggarly ELEMENTAL SPIRITS, whose slaves you want to be once more? You observe days, and months, and seasons, and years! I am afraid I have labored over you in vain." Galatians 4:8-11.

"Christ DISARMED the PRINCIPALITIES and POWERS and made a public example of them, triumphing over them in him.... If with Christ you died to the ELEMENTAL SPIRITS of the universe, why do you live as if you still belonged to the world? Why do you submit to regulations, 'Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch' (referring to things which all perish as they are used), according to human precepts and doctrines? These have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting rigor of devotion and self-abasement and severity to the body, but they are of no value in checking the indulgence of the flesh." Colossians 2:15, 20-23.

"Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, NOT of the LETTER but of the SPIRIT; for THE LETTER KILLS, but the SPIRIT GIVES LIFE." 2 Corinthians 3:6.

Scripture calls these "by the letter" devils "elemental spirits," demonic powers which continually keep us in bondage to legalistic "by the letter" reading and "by the letter" thinking. Don't let yourself be manipulated by them!

Satan is always in the over, under or mis translation. Galatians 4 and Colossians 2, in the RSV, speak of elemental spirits which seek to mislead us into literalism and legalistic interpretations which cause us to under, over or mis translate the divine impulses. They are always the real enemy. The letter always kills, and wants to make both God and us into killers as well.

THIS is why we must let the Holy Spirit mediate all Scriptural meaning to us.

THIS is why reading the Bible "by the letter kills."

THIS is why the New Covenant isn't written on tablets but on the human heart.

When Jesus illuminates our reading through the Holy Ghost, THEN Scripture glows bright in each and every verse. Mercy manifests, ideas coalesce, hearts burn, minds renew, mysteries unveil and faith explodes.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 11:39am On Oct 24, 2014
shocked shocked Everyone needs to see this.

If you're not prepared for epistles, don't bother clicking.
Just a sisterly advice.
grin grin

http://www.clarion-journal.com/clarion_journal_of_spirit/2013/11/satan-old-testament-servant-angel-or-new-testament-cosmic-rebel-by-richard-murray.html

Muskeeto
Tallesty1
Epathra
Sheyblaze
PastorAIO
AIRBORNELACER grin
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by experimentist: 12:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
MizMyColi:

An Inclusivist

An Atheist

An Agnostic

A Student of Jesus

A Possibilitarian
All round nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
experimentist:
All round nonsense.

[size=14pt]Good
Now Swerve.
kiss kiss kiss[/size]

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Tallesty1(m): 1:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
MizMyColi:
shocked shocked Everyone needs to see this.

If you're not prepared for epistles, don't bother clicking.
Just a sisterly advice.
grin grin

http://www.clarion-journal.com/clarion_journal_of_spirit/2013/11/satan-old-testament-servant-angel-or-new-testament-cosmic-rebel-by-richard-murray.html

*sighs*.

Y'know what PrettyFace, I always have this conviction that something is wrong somewhere in the old testament.

I just didn't know where and what.

That's why I always keep mute when you talk about the "God" of old testament.

How can I defend what I don't have a complete understanding of??

I need to visit the page again at night.

I'll be back if I have question(s)

thanks for the mention.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by experimentist: 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
MizMyColi:

[size=14pt]Good
Now Swerve.
kiss kiss kiss[/size]
smiley

*swerving*

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 1:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
Tallesty1:
*sighs*.

Y'know what PrettyFace, I always have this conviction that something is wrong somewhere in the old testament.

I just didn't know where and what.

That's why I always keep mute when you talk about the "God" of old testament.

How can I defend what I don't have a complete understanding of??

I need to visit the page again at night.

I'll be back if I have question(s)

thanks for the mention.

kiss kiss
Thanks for responding.
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by jmoore(m): 1:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
Jesus is coming back again. It is a spiritual matter.

It's either you are here or there. You can't serve two masters at a time.

Do you actually think humans can collectively clean up the mess in this world, huh?
-How do you plan to stop people from committing abortion?
-How do you plan to stop killers?
-How do you plan to stop stealing?
-How do you plan to stop fornication/adultery? e.tc.

That's impossible.

Paul, the apostle did a fantastic job in spreading the gospel. He and other disciples thought Jesus may come in their lifetime.

The shocker is that Jesus Christ got no idea when he is coming back.

Other events that will accompany the Second Coming deal with the ultimate end of this physical Universe. The apostle Peter, in a discourse dealing with scoffers who attempt to deny the Second Coming of Christ, wrote:

But the day of the lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with a fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for a new heaven and a new earth in which righteousness dwells (2 Peter 3:10-13).
Peter’s description of the destruction of this physical Universe leaves little to the imagination: the Earth and the heavens (i.e., the totality of this physical Universe) will utterly melt with a fervent heat, and will be destroyed once and for all. There will be no reign of Christ on this Earth at His Second Coming, since Peter clearly depicts the destruction of the physical Earth. The new heaven and the new Earth for which Peter says faithful Christians yearn, are the spiritual homes promised by Jesus in John 14:1-6, and described so vividly in Revelation 21 and 22. They will not be of physical matter like the present heavens and Earth, but instead will be designed especially for the new spiritual bodies discussed by Paul. When Christ comes again, this physical Universe will be destroyed.

What will happen to those who have not been faithful to Christ during their lives on this Earth? Since there will be no physical Universe on which they can continue to live, where will they go? The Bible paints a grim picture for those who reject Christ. John, quoting the words of Christ, wrote that “the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His [Jesus’—KB] voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation” (John 5:28-29). The apostle Paul later confirmed this statement when He wrote about the time “when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ” (2 Thessalonians 1:7-cool.

On that fateful day, all of Earth’s inhabitants—both those that have died in the past and those that are living at the time—will be led into the final Judgment in which Christ will divide the righteous from the unrighteous, as a shepherd divides the sheep from the goats. The righteous will be ushered into heaven (prepared for them by Jesus Himself), while the unrighteous will “go away into everlasting punishment” (Matthew 25:46). All those who have rejected God and Christ, whose names are not found written in the Book of Life, will be cast into the lake of fire with the devil, and “they will be tormented day and night forever and ever” (Revelation 20:10-15).

Although many strange and contrived stories have been concocted regarding the Second Coming of Christ, the Bible presents a crystal clear picture of what will happen: Christ will appear to the entire world, the heavens and the Earth will be burned up, and at the final Judgment, every person who ever lived will either live eternally in heaven or hell. There will be no second chances once Christ comes back. “Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of person ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness” (2 Peter 3:11)?
Source>>http://apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=11&article=1261
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Ochek: 1:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
MizMyColi:
If you have a message to the world, don't keep it bottled. It might be what'll keep another from misery, I remember all the epiphanies I had as I go thru' my timeline starting from January.

This one I'm about to share still makes me smile.
smiley smiley

I'm getting confused day after day about your stands when it comes to religion . From your posts, I can see loads of contrasting lines and thoughts and assumptions and or opinions that makes me wonder "where did such an awesome person like her get it wrong?" It would be such a shame if you fell a victim of an anti christ or became a product of some pastor or evangelist gone wrong.
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 1:47pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ochek:

I'm getting confused day after day about your stands when it comes to religion . From your posts, I can see loads of contrasting lines and thoughts and assumptions and or opinions that makes me wonder "where did such an awesome person like her get it wrong?" It would be such a shame if you fell a victim of an anti christ or became a product of some pastor or evangelist gone wrong.

Not all who wander is lost.

It's okay dear.
I understand your fears.

I would be grateful if you could point out some things you don't understand, then I can explain, to the best of my ability.
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by urcutecrush(f): 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
theunusualmoon:

As a humanist,Agnostic,Atheist, ?Or do I just conclude that you are a free thinker.
Am a free thinker above all also an agonstic_atheist

If a man has failed to find any good reason for believing that there is a God, it is perfectly natural and rational that he should not believe that there is a God; and if so, he is an atheist... if he goes farther, and, after an investigation into the nature and reach of human knowledge, ending in the conclusion that the existence of God is incapable of proof, cease to believe in it on the ground that he cannot know it to be true, he is an agnostic and also an atheist – an agnostic-atheist

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Ochek: 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2014
MizMyColi:

Not all who wander is lost.

It's okay dear.
I understand your fears.

I would be grateful if you could point out some things you don't understand, then I can explain, to the best of my ability.

How about we start off this way, Do you believe a God exist?
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by MizMyColi(f): 2:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ochek:

How about we start off this way, Do you believe a God exist?

LoL
There are many Gods dear, but I take it you mean the God of the bible.

My answer is Yes, on both counts.
Re: OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World by Ochek: 2:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
MizMyColi:

LoL
There are many Gods dear, but I take it you mean the God of the bible.

My answer is Yes, on both counts.

Great!
I was wondering if you still believed a God exist and not the Bible God in particular. However, you have narrowed the answer.
So, do you believe that the Bible God is real? Do you agree to the existence of Jesus?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is God? / Here’s How Much Judas’ 30 Pieces Of Silver Worth In Today’s Money / The Rapture : The Glorious Return Of Our Lord - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.