Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

I Can't Believe We Are Over - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Can't Believe We Are Over (1117 Views)

I Still Can't Believe Some Girls Can Be Stingy To This Extent. (photo) / I Believe We Can Derive Satisfaction From Other Things Than The Real Sex / I Can't Believe That Guys Will Sleep With Those Rough Looking Girls In Brothels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Believe We Are Over by corperscorner: 8:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
Its so disheartening to even imagine I and my girlfriend could stop being lovers.

I really don't know how to go about writing this, but I do know this is a girl I have loved for over 4 yrs and dated for over a year. We laid eyes on each other sometime in 2008, then I hadn't gotten admission and she was in SS2.

To avoid a long talk, she is now a 300level student studying computer science, while I am now working with a bank in Lagos.

I could remember how I'd do crazy stuffs to make her happy back in the days, even go in the rain just to ensure I keep a date with her at school. Those days were fun, cos I was really happy. Little did I know it wasn't gonna last.

Talking about faithfulness, we have both been really straight with each other, and sometimes, she would even do lovey dovey arts on Microsoft paint, to show me how much she loves me.

Right from the start, we've always had this issue with religion, cos I am a christian and she is a muslim, apparently, I am of the opinion she can keep the religion as I have no intention of converting her forcefully.

I believe we all worship one God, and God is love, so I do believe more in true love than that based on religious affiliation.

Lately, she been acting a bit weird by not reciprocating my "I love you"s.....and it got worse when she asked for a halt. This is a girl who we once talked about how we are going to narrate our love life to our kids. It hurts so deep. I couldn't hold back the tears as I worked while trying to be on a conversation with her on whatsapp.

I know I have lost her this time, cos she seems to hold her religion with a very high esteem, much more than what we share if anything, cos that always comes first to her.

I do love and respect her, but for the very first time in years, we haven't spoken or contacted each other for 3 days. I feel really hurt.

A part of me can't comprehend what is actually happening cos I try to keep calm and get my head straight. But in actual sense, I know I am back to being single and it hurts so bad.

Just yesterday night, I tried hanging out with a friend to take time off the thought. It was so strange when a crazy chick started making faces at me. To be honest, I engaged her in a conversation but my girlfriend was pretty much on my mind. To my surprise, the chick doesn't take alcohol but does hard drugs. She even complained she had cold and wouldn't mind hanging out with I and my friend all night.

I made an effort and shook off the offer. Woke this morning to thank God I didn't fall for a cheap temptation.

I feel so sad cos Its beginning to really dawn on me how single I am again.

Is religion a tenable excuse to really stop loving?
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by iceberylin(m): 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
You pushed yourself too much for her.... one thing i know is that ladies love the tough guys cool
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by chidiebere2020(m): 8:24pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sorry
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by lordraiden(m): 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2014
dont av time to read d long story bt sowi for any thing dat hppned.i Jst noticed dat ur sowi a$5 is single
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by Ethereal0110(f): 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2014
Eiyah.. sad The obstacle was religion just take heart and take things easy...., d right 1 will come around,
i'll advice u 2 go for some1 whose in the same religion as you but dont rush things... Jst take ur time. Be strong..
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by corperscorner: 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2014
iceberylin:
You pushed yourself too much for her.... one thing i know is that ladies love the tough guys cool

How exactly did I push myself? By being faithful and true to her or putting smiles on her face to ensure she stays happy?
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by kolinz(m): 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
bobo wake up, class started 2 hours ago and u r late.
Forget dat religion stuff cos d babe left u stranded somwhere around mile 2. Find ur way back.
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by iceberylin(m): 8:37pm On Oct 18, 2014
corperscorner:

How exactly did I push myself? By being faithful and true to her or putting smiles on her face to ensure she stays happy?

you went under the Rain
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by corperscorner: 8:45pm On Oct 18, 2014
iceberylin:

you went under the Rain

LOL....noted. Thanks tho.

But its just funny how some ladies are willing to do anything to get an honest man. And she wouldn't see I want the best for her.

What hurts most is that, it took this long for her to come clean and make that position known. Bro, it f**kin hurts.

A part of me feels she was playing along with my love-script and never loved me cos I'm just as confused.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by REMMEI(m): 9:11pm On Oct 18, 2014
A story worth sharing..i don't like religion talk more of it extremism..i hope this won't happen to me too..cos she personally held my hands last week and ask me to be her man..she's a muslim lady too..*kneeling down praying*..[baba joor maje ki omo yi j'oju mi..maje ko ja mi si kolobo o]
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by Medunah: 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2014
Imo, the girl is using religion as an excuse, there is something else....did she just realise that ur 4rm diff. religion after all these years??
Op, pele, the lord will console you
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 18, 2014
bur u knew it wl end dis way.even if she didnt breakup wt u.her parents may object to it or yours
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by major466(m): 12:52am On Oct 19, 2014
Shit happens. Such is life bro. Just put on ya big boy shoes and find another girl.
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by Afrok(m): 2:54am On Oct 19, 2014
Hmmm... That's love for U. If love doesn't come in between something, something will definitely come in between love.

Be strong bro, it's obvious both of U were not meant to be together, it's better now when U guys have a chance to find love elsewhere than when both of u are tied down with marriage.
Religion no matter how we look at it still posses a treat to love undecided
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by corperscorner: 10:16am On Oct 19, 2014
Thanks for the comments Y'all...

I really appreciate you guys...
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 19, 2014
eeyah,sowie my condolence..looks lyk u were d only one in love tho,try and upbeat am sure smtin better is cmin..#leme be candid,i dnt knw abt LOVE oo,buh i wuld neva wana hav anytin intimate wt a muslim.
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by corperscorner: 10:36am On Oct 19, 2014
Annypie:
eeyah,sowie my condolence..looks lyk u were d only one in love tho,try and upbeat am sure smtin better is cmin..#leme be candid,i dnt knw abt LOVE oo,buh i wuld neva wana hav anytin intimate wt a muslim.

Thanks anny....but why would you say you don't know anything about love.

Haven't you ever been in a relationship before.

Its just funny how these things transpire in the long run. Its like losing an investment.
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 19, 2014
corperscorner:

Its just funny how these things transpire in the long run. Its like losing an investment.
you misconstrued my words,i meant i wuldnt let love ensnare my faculties wen my religion is involved*sounding fanatical abi*.nt all investment wuld yield profit na,just trust dah d universe has a better idea,see it as leaving good for great..cheerz
Re: I Can't Believe We Are Over by jnrbayano(m): 11:06am On Oct 19, 2014
corperscorner:

You lost nothing bro, you just got strengthened and wisened up.

Cheer up!

If you had foreknowledge of what just happened, you would have known you should go for someone who shares the same faith as you.

No matter how awful it may sound, religion and love must never be seperated in terms of relationships/marriages.

As you just found out, most times love alone falls short of guaranteeing happiness in relationships/marriages though its the minimum requirement.

(1) (Reply)

Why Wealthy Older Women Are Hiring Men In Kenya For Romance / Advice For Ladies Who's Fiancé Based In Abroad / Hey Young People: Now’s The Time To Get Married And Have Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.