Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

“the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. (3697 Views)

The Final Result Of The 2015 Presidential Election By Prof Jega / Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka / The Crimes Of Buhari - Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by dtito(m): 11:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
http://nobledaniel./2014/10/18/the-crimes-of-buhari-by-prof-wole-soyinka/

The grounds on which General Buhari is being promoted as the alternative choice are not only shaky, but pitifully naive. History matters. Records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future. Of course, we know that human beings change.
What the claims of personality change or transformation impose on us is a rigorous inspection of the evidence, not wishful speculation or behind-the- scenes assurances. Public offence, crimes against a polity, must be answered in the public space, not in caucuses of bargaining. In Buhari, we have been offered no evidence of the sheerest prospect of change. On the contrary, all evident suggests that this is one individual who remains convinced that this is one ex-ruler that the nation cannot call to order Buhari? Need one remind anyone – was one of the generals who treated a Commission of Enquiry, the Oputa Panel, with unconcealed disdain. Like Babangida and Abdusalami, he refused to put in appearance even though complaints that were tabled against him involved a career of gross abuses of power and blatant assault on the fundamental human rights of the Nigerian citizenry. Prominent against these charges was an act that amounted to nothing less than judicial murder, the execution of a citizen under a retroactive decree. Does Decree 20 ring a bell? If not, then, perhaps the names of three youths – Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26) do. To put it quite plainly, one of those three Ogedengbe – was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. This was an unconscionable crime, carried out in defiance of the pleas and protests of nearly every sector of the Nigerian and international community religious, civil rights, political, trade unions etc.

Buhari and his sidekick and his partner-in-crime, Tunde Idiagbon persisted in this inhuman act for one reason and one reason only: to place Nigerians on notice that they were now under an iron, inflexible rule, under governance by fear. The execution of that youthful innocent for so he was, since the punishment did not exist at the time of commission – was nothing short of premeditated murder, for which the perpetrators should normally stand trial upon their loss of immunity. Are we truly expected to forget this violation of our entitlement to security as provided under existing laws? And even if our sensibilities have become blunted by succeeding seasons of cruelty and brutality, if power itself had so coarsened the sensibilities also of rulers and corrupted their judgment, what should one rightly expect after they have been rescued from the snare of power. At the very least, a revaluation, leading hopefully to remorse, and its expression to a wronged society. At the very least, such a revaluation should engender reticence, silence. In the case of Buhari, it was the opposite. Since leaving office he has declared in the most categorical terms that he had no regrets over this murder and would do so again. Human life is inviolate. The right to life is the uniquely fundamental right on which all other rights are based. The crime that General Buhari committed against the entire nation went further however, inconceivable as it might first appear. That crime is one of the most profound negations of civic being. Not content with hammering down the freedom of expression in general terms, Buhari specifically forbade all public discussion of a return to civilian, democratic rule. Let us constantly applaud our media those battle scarred professionals did not completely knuckle down

Follow d link above for complete story.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by sam4(m): 11:15pm On Oct 18, 2014
Buhari history has come now oya come and defend yourself

2 Likes

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by adonbilivit: 11:33pm On Oct 18, 2014
sam4:
Buhari history has come now oya come and defend yourself
not even osundefender can help him. this particular history can't be altered cos it is still very fresh in our memory.

2 Likes

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by sam4(m): 11:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
adonbilivit:
not even osundefender can help him. this particular history can't be altered cos it is still very fresh in our memory.
History is very important, Ondocover sef cannt cover him

1 Like

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by adonbilivit: 11:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
in my opinion, if Buhari really loves Nigeria he should lobby for the post of Defence minister under the GEJ administration since he feels he has what it takes to counter bokoharam

1 Like

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by adonbilivit: 11:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
sam4:
History is very important, Ondocover sef cannt cover him
he pitied himself after buying the APC nomination form. he will also pity himself after GEJ defeats him in 2015.

3 Likes

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by sam4(m): 11:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
adonbilivit:
he will pitied himself after buying nomination form. he will also pity himself after GEJ defeats him in 2015.
Lol what about that loan sir?
Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 19, 2014
I see him winning the election but only on Facebook grin
Edited; Maybe I was wrong.

4 Likes

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by sam4(m): 1:24am On Oct 19, 2014
Lacomus:
You are wicked o
Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by sam4(m): 1:24am On Oct 19, 2014
Lacomus:
You are wicked o lol
Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by bnovative(m): 6:39am On Oct 19, 2014
Nigerians who wish the country Well wouldn't ask for the very face of evil - buhari. A champion of nepotism and extreme religious ideology. We will reject him again come 2015.

2 Likes

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by newguy1(m): 6:51am On Oct 19, 2014
I have a neigbhour who should be b in his early 30s said to me dat when he was in junior school buhari was in power den, that dey do sing d nation antherm "we r d leaders of 2maro"well i guess we r actual stil leaving in 2day cus if dey r in dir 2maro dis man shouldnot b here again seekin 4 powerr.

1 Like

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by Jerryolumide(m): 9:24am On Oct 19, 2014
adonbilivit:
in my opinion, if Buhari really loves Nigeria he should lobby for the post of Defence minister under the GEJ administration since he feels he has what it takes to counter bokoharam
dat n!gga only wants to fvck dis country up

1 Like

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by Jerryolumide(m): 9:25am On Oct 19, 2014
Lacomus:
hahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by Jerryolumide(m): 9:27am On Oct 19, 2014
bnovative:
Nigerians who wish the country Well wouldn't ask for the very face of evil - buhari. A champion of nepotism and extreme religious ideology. We will reject him again come 2015.
some stupid uneducated hausas will still vote 4 d n!gga

1 Like

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by Jerryolumide(m): 9:27am On Oct 19, 2014
newguy1:
I have a neigbhour who should be b in his early 30s said to me dat when he was in junior school buhari was in power den, that dey do sing d nation antherm "we r d leaders of 2maro"well i guess we r actual stil leaving in 2day cus if dey r in dir 2maro dis man shouldnot b here again seekin 4 powerr.
u nid ifa to tell u dat d n!gga has a hidden agenda

2 Likes

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by victorD3: 9:38am On Oct 19, 2014
Where is Cramjones a.k.a El-Rufai?

1 Like

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by Ayesman(m): 9:39am On Oct 19, 2014
My vote straight goes to Buhari, shikenan

2 Likes

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by priscaoge(f): 9:45am On Oct 19, 2014
Since leaving office he has declared in the most categorical terms that he had no regrets over this murder and would do so again. Human life is inviolate. The right to life is the uniquely fundamental right on which all other rights are based. The crime that General Buhari committed against the entire nation went further however, inconceivable as it might first appear.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Btw where is Phockphockman? come over here grin

1 Like

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by Karismatik(f): 9:54am On Oct 19, 2014
Lacomus:

sam4:
You are wicked o

its d fact. truth is bitter.
d irony of it is dat most of dos GMB e-voters dont even know d way dat leads to any polling boot.
smh
GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by newguy1(m): 10:00am On Oct 19, 2014
Jerryolumide:
u nid ifa to tell u dat d n!gga has a hidden agenda
after consultin ma ifa , i was told d dude wants to treat some old foes fuckup, strengthen d northeners hold on naija n eat more of d nation cake....dude i was only makin a point dat we r just goin in circles(same old shit just a different day)

1 Like

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by Ymodulus: 10:03am On Oct 19, 2014
The major problem we have in this country today is that most of our intelligent and the brightest minds are running away from active politics.

They are allowing mediocre like Jonathan, Buhari , Atiku, Tinubu, Obasanjo etc to determine who becomes president in a country of thousands of professionals and intellectual minds. This is the reason why some people think Jonathan or Buhari is the most appropriate choice to make. If not, why is Nigeria brightest minds running away from contesting election and getting elected to rescue the country from all these semiliterate thieves currently parading themselves as leaders?

The problem with Nigeria today is not that of Igbo Vs Yoruba or that of Hausa Vs Igbo or East Vs North or West as these useless politicians wants us to believe, but our problem is that Nigerians do not really have credible choice to make amongst all these dregs parading themselves as leaders.....
I challenge the all the highly educated and intelligent professionals amongst us both home and abroad to come out and rescue this country from all these blind people imposing themselves on us as leaders. We don't need to be fighting ourselves over all these people, because they are the cause of our problem in the first place.
Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by haniey(m): 10:08am On Oct 19, 2014
Front page NOW!!!
Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by PhockPhockMan: 10:38am On Oct 19, 2014
priscaoge:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Btw where is Phockphockman? come over here grin
Good morning, I'm coming.

1 Like

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by dunkem21(m): 10:43am On Oct 19, 2014
Ymodulus:
The major problem we have in this country today is that most of our intelligent and the brightest minds are running away from active politics.

They are allowing mediocre like Jonathan, Buhari , Atiku, Tinubu, Obasanjo etc to determine who becomes president in a country of thousands of professionals and intellectual minds. This is the reason why some people think Jonathan or Buhari is the most appropriate choice to make. If not, why is Nigeria brightest minds running away from contesting election and getting elected to rescue the country from all these semiliterate thieves currently parading themselves as leaders?

The problem with Nigeria today is not that of Igbo Vs Yoruba or that of Hausa Vs Igbo or East Vs North or West as these useless politicians wants us to believe, but our problem is that Nigerians do not really have credible choice to make amongst all these dregs parading themselves as leaders.....
I challenge the all the highly educated and intelligent professionals amongst us both home and abroad to come out and rescue this country from all these blind people imposing themselves on us as leaders. We don't need to be fighting ourselves over all these people, because they are the cause of our problem in the first place.

Thanks but your call came a bit late. They cant register with any political again and start campaigns now.
I identified one of them and pleaded then. A true charismatic leader, a patriotic Nigerian to the core. A successful businessman that has what it takes to take Nigeria to the greatest height ...

Mike Adenuga!

..but since we will choose from what we have, I will single handedly deliver Goodluck online. He is our best choice.

I am about to start the biggest campaign.
..Join us!

#dorofreshair

1 Like

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by sam4(m): 11:09am On Oct 19, 2014
Karismatik:

its d fact. truth is bitter.
d irony of it is dat most of dos GMB e-voters dont even know d way dat leads to any polling boot.
smh
GEJ till 2019.
But GEJ is disappointing the youth now. Then what do we do?
Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by Ymodulus: 11:16am On Oct 19, 2014
dunkem21:

Thanks but your call came a bit late. They cant register with any political again and start campaigns now.
I identified one of them and pleaded then. A true charismatic leader, a patriotic Nigerian to the core. A successful businessman that has what it takes to take Nigeria to the greatest height ...

Mike Adenuga!

..but since we will choose from what we have, I will single handedly deliver Goodluck online. He is our best choice.

I am about to start the biggest campaign.
..Join us!

#dorofreshair

***exhales***

Very Daisy. But I still believe Jonathan should not be given a chance.

1 Like

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by MORNDEW(m): 11:19am On Oct 19, 2014
There will be a debate. I expect buhari to be asked these questions his answers will determine whether i will vote for him or not. Cos gej is not in my plan for 2015 at all.
Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by brownlord: 11:30am On Oct 19, 2014
Very apt. My fear is those that see this prof. As an icon and a true Omoluabi will be the first to denounce him for reminding us of the crime of their messiah in politics e.g illugunboy, Gbawe, omenka and other Omoluabi Oya come and defend the messiah Buhari.
Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by 0merta(m): 11:34am On Oct 19, 2014
I never really trusted this Buhari guy. I've read a lot about his atrocities plus my man, Fela Kuti was always denigrating him in his songs.

Baba Soyinka has further solidified my convictions with this piece.

Come, February 14th next year, I might not be voting in the presidential elections if Buhari and GEJ would be the 2 major contestants. Reasons; the former, bad antecedents and a proponent of brazen human rights abuse. The latter, apathetic to corruption.

Na to just dey house fucck Ashawo on that election day sure pass. After all, na Valentine day!

1 Like

Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by Jerryolumide(m): 11:38am On Oct 19, 2014
newguy1:

after consultin ma ifa , i was told d dude wants to treat some old foes fuckup, strengthen d northeners hold on naija n eat more of d nation cake....dude i was only makin a point dat we r just goin in circles(same old shit just a different day)
ok i get
Re: “the Crimes Of Buhari” – By Prof. Wole Soyinka. by Chicheey: 11:41am On Oct 19, 2014
Ymodulus:

***exhales***

Very Daisy. But I still believe Jonathan should not be given a chance.

.Yeah you are right but their is no reasonable alternative so let manage him cos Buhari will be lethal to us I tell you

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ejima Bridge, Japan / Why Nigerians Hate Igbo, By Chinua Achebe / Some Facts 2 Know Abt Ménière Disease,The Ear Infection Buhari Is Suffering From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.