Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,969 members, 7,952,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:08 AM

Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians (3353 Views)

Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries / VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Federal Government-boko Haram Ceasefire Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by omenka(m): 10:17am On Oct 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

What is the primary aim of a political party if not to win office
I keep laughing when people say APC is desperate for power. What exactly do they really mean?? Is there any political party that could survive and stay relevant without power?? If PDP/Jonathan aren't desperate, let them quit and vacate the current offices they occupy and hand them over to the opposition, or is there a better way of proving one's non-desperation?? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by patrickmuf(m): 10:21am On Oct 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

Election is close, all these "i am neutral" people will start to showing their true colours.
Truth of the matter is nobody is neutral... You either support mediocrity or own up to the change that is imminent...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 19, 2014
omenka:
I keep laughing when people say APC is desperate for power. What exactly do they really mean?? Is there any political party that could survive and stay relevant without power?? If PDP/Jonathan aren't desperate, let them quit and vacate the current offices they occupy and hand them over to the opposition, or is there a better way of proving one's non-desperation?? undecided
Sometimes i wonder what these people think democracy and electioneering is about

1 Like

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 19, 2014
The insince9gerian is bck
Fighting is still on,villages are still underattack
Is that ceasefire

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 19, 2014
patrickmuf:
Truth of the matter is nobody is neutral... You either support mediocrity or own up to the change that is imminent...
Plain truth.
Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by drnoel: 10:23am On Oct 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

As if your vote counts more than one

Urs too counts just one so go and sit down or better. Go to the kitchen and cook something. Little girl, allow ur elders to talk.
Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 19, 2014
drnoel:

Urs too counts just one so go and sit down or better. Go to the kitchen and cook something. Little girl, allow ur elders to talk.
Elder drnoel i hail thee. Learn to use I not WE next time

1 Like

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by denedene(m): 10:46am On Oct 19, 2014
stuffs like diz mk me support jonathan..... too much desperation in apc

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by drnoel: 10:50am On Oct 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

Elder drnoel i hail thee. Learn to use I not WE next time

Nice return from u. Am surprised u didn't go into insults like it's usual in NL. Madam, keep it up. U will go places Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 19, 2014
drnoel:

Nice return from u. Am surprised u didn't go into insults like it's usual in NL. Madam, keep it up. U will go places Cheers.
Thanks Sir
Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Obinoscopy(m): 12:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
harde2lah:

Use your sense boy and stop reasoning with your dick
You see. This comment of yours exposes your desperation as an APC politician hoping to grab power by hook or by crook. Why resorting to insults when responding to my comments? It's comments such as yours that will make Nigerians wary of the opposition.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:
You see. This comment of yours exposes your desperation as an APC politician hoping to grab power by hook or by crook. Why resorting to insults when responding to my comments? It's comments such as yours that will make Nigerians wary of the opposition.
Am sorry

1 Like

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:
It's obvious these guys are not after our wellbeing. They are just hell bent on taking over power. Every statement of theirs has to do with ousting the present government. They should be careful lest Nigerians would sense their desperation. I detest desperate politicians.

Thus far, I would say Atiku has been the most matured opposition politician I've observed. His twitter statement concerning the ceasefire deal/chibok girls negotiation is very matured. I hope his party alongside his fellow aspirants would tow his line
You PDP apologists Seem to have this love for Atiku Abubakar, why not make him PDP's candidate or running-mate to Jonathan?

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Obinoscopy(m): 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
omenka:
Abegi, comot make we see road joor.

What is wrong in telling a people to be wary of the utterances of a government with a knack for failure??

What is wrong in telling a people to be wary of a government that denies contemplating an increase in the pump price of gasoline only to wake up to over 100% increase the next day as a new year's gift??

What is wrong in telling us to b e cautious about a government who told us the problem of inadequate electricity would be a thing of the past a year after its inauguration whereas we are still struggling with thesame issue??

What is wrong in telling a people not to trust in totality a government that said it would end insurgency in June of 2013 only for us to be grappling with the same problem to this day??

Is anything wrong in telling a people to be wary of a government that announced that all girls had been released (twice) only to come back and tell us the statement was made in error??

What exactly is wrong with that I ask

Even without being told, I am ALWAYS wary of whatever this satanic government does or says. I like positive news but don't give them any bear hugs when they come from Jonathan's admin. It is called cautious optimism.
There's nothing wrong with being cautious. Do you think I believe everything the government says? No. I use my thinking faculty while assimilating whatever the government says.

My annoyance with the APC in their ceasefire press statement is that they were talking about ousting the present government. The topic of discuss was concerning the ceasefire and the chibok girls and all they (APC) are concerned about is the ousting of the present government and their concern about PDP's politicisation of the ceasefire.

Thank God that our Military is disciplined and mature, it's this kind of bitter opposition from the APC that can lead to a Military Coup.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Your comment is an insult to our collective intelligence as a people and to yourself as an individual(that is if you have little sanity left in you)
harde2lah:

Am sorry
You are sorry for what? Bros abeg stop trying to please these guys, because you just can't please them

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Pataki: 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:
It's obvious these guys are not after our wellbeing. They are just hell bent on taking over power. Every statement of theirs has to do with ousting the present government. They should be careful lest Nigerians would sense their desperation. I detest desperate politicians.

Thus far, I would say Atiku has been the most matured opposition politician I've observed. His twitter statement concerning the ceasefire deal/chibok girls negotiation is very matured. I hope his party alongside his fellow aspirants would tow his line

A party giving caution to Nigerians is what you call not after our well-being? You must be a blood loving being that enjoys the chaos and calamity that Boko Haram has caused.

Remind us or stir our memory to, when last PDP warned Nigerians about the nefarious and violent activities of Boko Haram and that Nigerians should be cautious?

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
barcanista:
Your comment is an insult to our collective intelligence as a people and to yourself as an individual(that is if you have little sanity left in you)
You are sorry for what? Bros abeg stop trying to please these guys, because you just can't please them
Yeah, you're right but people's opinion have to be respected no matter how dumb they may appear to be. There is beauty in diversity.

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by omenka(m): 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:
There's nothing wrong with being cautious. Do you think I believe everything the government says? No. I use my thinking faculty while assimilating whatever the government says.

My annoyance with the APC in their ceasefire press statement is that they were talking about ousting the present government. The topic of discuss was concerning the ceasefire and the chibok girls and all they (APC) are concerned about is the ousting of the present government and their concern about PDP's politicisation of the ceasefire.

Thank God that our Military is disciplined and mature, it's this kind of bitter opposition from the APC that can lead to a Military Coup.
The insecurity and threat to the nation's sovereignty occasioned by the incompetence and corruption of this government doesn't warrant a coup, but a statement by the opposition highlighting the obvious does huh?? I'm really shocked at your mode of thinking.

6 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
harde2lah:

Yeah, you're right but people's opinion have to be respected no matter how dumb they may appear to be. There is beauty in diversity.
ofcourse right. I respect people's opinion but not necessarily agree. He neither agree with nor respects APC's opinion on the ceasefire issue. He's picking holes where non exist.
Let me ask you, what is worth criticizing in APC's Statement? Is it not rather precautionary? Isn't it matured considering what happened 24hrs after the phantom ceasefire announcement? If for anything APC deserves kudos not a vile knock from the Jonathan Apologists.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
omenka:
The insecurity occasioned by the incompetence and corruption of this government doesn't warrant a coup, but a statement by the opposition highlighting the obvious does huh?? I'm really shocked at your mode of thinking.
All Jonathanians think alike.
Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Pataki: 12:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
When a serving governor made a honest remark about our Military been under-funded, our Clueless President came on air to state that should he withdraw military, even the governor would not stay in the government house.

Yet, few weeks later over 200 girls were abducted. Our military was nowhere to be seen. A government that watched aimlessly as lives were lost in Abuja within weeks, even after repeated assurance of lives, should never be trusted. Or have we forgotten so soon Nyanya bomb blast I & II?

Nigerians deserve a party that cares. A party that knows that all is not well within our society, and collectively we all have a responsibility at stake, and not a party that openly and repeatedly tells you lies, which has resulted in loss of lives over and over again.

Thanks APC for raising this strong caution in our present day Nigeria. We shall overcome this madness collectively; festered upon us by years of clueless leadership of the PDP.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Obinoscopy(m): 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
barcanista:
You PDP apologists Seem to have this love for Atiku Abubakar, why not make him PDP's candidate or running-mate to Jonathan?
PDP Apologist? Hmmm, I love that name grin.

Atiku is a politician who is a known crook. To me, he's not to be trusted. However, that doesn't mean I shouldn't praise him if he's currently acting like a matured politician and democrat.

Of all the aspirants in the opposition, he's the most democratic at the moment. Did you read his twitter reaction to the ceasefire agreement? He was very cautious about the agreement but he went on to say whatever development that will ensure the release of the chibok girls is a welcomed development. Did you read his comment after he went to visit Obasanjo's son who was shot during the battle? If you are truly a Nigeria you'll love those comments.

Perhaps Buhari should consult Atiku for his political sagacity. Buhari's lies concerning the PDP government during his declaration exposed his desperation. It is common knowledge that power generation was epileptic and less than 2000MW even before 1999 so why lie about it?

Buhari should have admitted that there was an increase in electricity generation from 1999 till date. We all knew there was an increase, so no need lying about it. However we know that the increase was not good enough. The increase can be likened to one year one block scenario in house building. Thus this means that PDP failed. Buhari needn't lie to prove that PDP failed, but he did! That's desperation!

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Obinoscopy(m): 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
barcanista:
He was sorry for calling me a dick. He didn't say he was sorry for opposing my views. Please stop being biased here.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

I wonder o!
Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by anonimi: 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

It's not about creating and sharing an ideology about how their particular society- country, state, LGA etc should function for the people's benefit
Interesting perspective, innit?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:
PDP Apologist? Hmmm, I love that name grin.

Atiku is a politician who is a known crook. To me, he's not to be trusted. However, that doesn't mean I shouldn't praise him if he's currently acting like a matured politician and democrat.

Of all the aspirants in the opposition, he's the most democratic at the moment. Did you read his twitter reaction to the ceasefire agreement? He was very cautious about the agreement but he went on to say whatever development that will ensure the release of the chibok girls is a welcomed development. Did you read his comment after he went to visit Obasanjo's son who was shot during the battle? If you are truly a Nigeria you'll love those comments.

Perhaps Buhari should consult Atiku for his political sagacity. Buhari's lies concerning the PDP government during his declaration exposed his desperation. It is common knowledge that power generation was epileptic and less than 2000MW even before 1999 so why lie about it?

Buhari should have admitted that there was an increase in electricity generation from 1999 till date. We all knew there was an increase, so no need lying about it. However we know that the increase was not good enough. The increase can be likened to one year one block scenario in house building. Thus this means that PDP failed. Buhari needn't lie to prove that PDP failed, but he did! That's desperation!
My friend, Atiku is never a standard in any form of assessment(according to me). I honestly don't see why you are picking an unnecessary hole in GMB's speech. The message he was trying to pass across is that Jonathan and the PDP failed woefully in their responsibilities in all sectors-including electricity since 1999. And he's on point in my assessment. If PDP had met their promises, we won't be discussing this issue. GMB is not desperate for power, he's only passionate to serve.

Back to Atiku: there is nothing to learn from his cosmetics statements, he has no moral justification to be seen as a standard.
Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:
He was sorry for calling me a dick. He didn't say he was sorry for opposing my views. Please stop being biased here.
oh I wanted to be sure what he was apologising for, though your comment is an insult to our collective intelligence
Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Obinoscopy(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
barcanista:
ofcourse right. I respect people's opinion but not necessarily agree. He neither agree with nor respects APC's opinion on the ceasefire issue. He's picking holes where non exist.
Let me ask you, what is worth criticizing in APC's Statement? Is it not rather precautionary? Isn't it matured considering what happened 24hrs after the phantom ceasefire announcement? If for anything APC deserves kudos not a vile knock from the Jonathan Apologists.
What is worth criticising in the APC statement is the fact that they are calling for the ousting of the present government in that reaction to ceasefire press statement. Why must everything be about ousting the present government?

What they should have done is simply to encourage precautionary measures be taken and perhaps suggest better ways to tackle this insurgency. We're tired of hearing the word clueless or the call for the ouster of the present government. The fact that you call a government clueless doesn't make it clueless. It's the people that'll decide if they are clueless or not. The fact that you are crying for the ousting of a government won't make it happen. It's we, the non-partisan majority that will decide come February whether the present party should be ousted or not.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
barcanista:
I was pissed off on reading his comment. I was like...like seriously? But then I realized that I have even seen worse; brandish ignorance from supposedly first class students who believes that the Ebola case was a ploy by APC to rubbish gej's administration and gej moving down to sokoto for a campaign rally in less than 24 hours after the Nyanya bomb blast was to send a strong signal to boko haram that he's a strong man. I was like WTF! Most of them saTANoids already have their mindsets covalently encapsulated in the clutch of misinformation and sentiment. I can only recoil and watch them display their ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy:
What is worth criticising in the APC statement is the fact that they are calling for the ousting of the present government in that reaction to ceasefire press statement. Why must everything be about ousting the present government?

What they should have done is simply to encourage precautionary measures be taken and perhaps suggest better ways to tackle this insurgency. We're tired of hearing the word clueless or the call for the ouster of the present government. The fact that you call a government clueless doesn't make it clueless. It's the people that'll decide if they are clueless or not. The fact that you are crying for the ousting of a government won't make it happen. It's we, the non-partisan majority that will decide come February whether the present party should be ousted or not.
As long as the ouster is through the ballot and not military coup or public uprising, I don't see any wrong in it. We are in election period, the PDP and APC are using every strategy to either remain in power or come to power (as the case may be). The Presidency and the PDP were trying to score cheap political points with the whole exercise,
The APC long ago and General Buhari as at separate times called for dialogue, the same PDP and her apologists castigate them and call them names. Today, the same government and pdp adopted the dialogue route that had been suggested long ago by the APC/GMB. If the PDP was sincere, they'd have looked into the suggestions of the APC and Buhari as at that time or involve them holistically in this their so-called negotiation. Brother, the pdp and fg aren't sincere at all. The APC is on point.
Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by nduchucks: 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
Obinoscopy is hereby named "One Chance Obino" just for this thread.

We dey watch and read.
Re: Beware Of FG-boko Haram’s Ceasefire, APC Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
anonimi:

It's not about creating and sharing an ideology about how their particular society- country, state, LGA etc should function for the people's benefit
Interesting perspective, innit?
How do you create ideology outside office? By talking?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prof. Attahiru Jega To Address The Nation Now (Live) / Why Oil Marketers Hoarding Fuel Will Have To Drink It Soon. / Busted Apc Behead Its Chairman Head With Photoshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.