Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

That Dome On The National Assembly! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / That Dome On The National Assembly! (3602 Views)

Senators Receive Saudi Arabia Delegates At The National Assembly.. Photos / Photos Of Saraki's Supporters Carrying Placard Outside National Assembly / Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by fr3do(m): 12:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
berem:
a dome is not a symbol of Islam. Get that into your head.

statements such as this won't make your arguments more valid neither will it make mine less valid.

1 Like

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Caseless: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sconty09:
When we continue to be religiously biased and question our existence on religious and tribal line negatively,we would continue to be on same situation. Why are you thinking negatively? We can make it better if we think we desire another shape of dome,not been biased. Look at the White House dome attached to this post,Is america a muslim country? Chanel your energy to positive thinking and your thought into success. Generation upon generation try to make it better not by dragging down the past but shape the past for better future.
u,effete bastard, the dome on capitol hill building symbolises islam too. Go to syria, iraq, lebanon, iran, egypt, palestine etc and see how difficult it wil b for u to diffenrentiate between mosques and churches as dome is on most houses of worship.
U are a cow!

2 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Abagworo(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
Assumpta "Mosque" Owerri.

3 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Caseless: 1:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
fr3do:

statements such as this won't make your arguments more valid neither will it make mine less valid.
u deserve a horse-whip for being too demented.
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Omimah: 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
Stop giving moslems the impression that christians are the cause of religious intolerance.

The National Assembly, Abuja is designed after the Capitol, where the United States Congress meet. And like the House of Senate and House Representatives in the United States are situated at the left and right wings beside the domes, so are our House of Senate and House of Representatives situated at the left and right wings of the dome in the National Assembly Complex.

1 Like

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by idu1(m): 2:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^It's no secret that some of the public buildings built in Abuja have a slight Arabic/Islamic influence in their design! The dome of the National Assembly looks more like that of a mosque than it does a western building like the Capitol in Washington, St Peters in Rome or St Pauls in London! It's also seen in parts of the Aso Rock architecture.

There's no point in denying the obvious!
Why are u trying by all means to b senseless?

1 Like

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by since1914(m): 2:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
fr3do:
The dome is predominantly a feature of Islamic architecture, it baffles me why there is one on the National assembly of our secular country.
This is as good as a Cross on our Supreme court.
g]

Although domes are a feature of Islamic Architecture, they are not a synonymous with mosques. In fact, it is a cardinal feature of Byzantine Architecture. Which is a form of early Roman Architecture. I have no doubt all students of Architecture and design on this forum must have all studied this at one point or the other in the course of their History of Architecture classes. Even till this day, most orthodox cathedrals in Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean regions have domes.
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by since1914(m): 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
fr3do:
The dome is predominantly a feature of Islamic architecture, it baffles me why there is one on the National assembly of our secular country.
g]

Although domes are a feature of Islamic Architecture, they are not synonymous with mosques. In fact, it is a cardinal feature of Byzantine Architecture. Which is a form of early Roman Architecture. That is why, till this day, most orthodox cathedrals in Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean regions have domes. I have no doubt all students of Architecture and design on this forum must have all studied this at one point or the other in the course of their History of Architecture classes.
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Reptyle(m): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
fr3do:

abeg abeg abeg
go through my previous posts.

Even at that, some mosques like the one in my first post have neither crescent nor star, signifying the dome itself is enough a symbol.

Oh c'mon!!! Stop talking kak already!!!

You are still shamelessly holding onto your bigoted view after several forumites have tried to enlighten you.

You are just as guilty as the northerners you are accusing of having an Islamic agenda if after all these posts, you are still not convinced that your earlier position is a misguided one.
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
Abagworo:
Assumpta "Mosque" Owerri.
grin grin grin
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
Caseless:
u,effete bastard, the dome on capitol hill building symbolises islam too. Go to syria, iraq, lebanon, iran, egypt, palestine etc and see how difficult it wil b for u to diffenrentiate between mosques and churches as dome is on most houses of worship.
U are a cow!
whoa!
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by EmmaOgbu(m): 5:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
fr3do:

[img]http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/7OJM7m2Etk03XbG1bjoL8lAG7Z1eEOqoULHQPCKxHkJxU6vT0sVV5Ik_iKKPMQ2mv66gYbuJlvBqEe9zHjFTtX1uXdQ3oAVZIdxGz-gX78_wGYGO7Mgd=w591-h443-nc[/img]

[img]http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/0xTzwsCgKDltHyh7uVK5RQaMJNt-V_tgj1zC7zC9E9EeW5QIaQOWrVxSFmd7WBOhJ8f_1dezlWuW3lqDjLlOplcUr9AEfamV3NKAP3gPMvs3CIXYPeYt1-h84hXcNMdw1SFVfMg=w627-h418-nc[/img]
Man read. history.Dome is originally a design use in church by Bazantin empire. Muslim only borrowed the design.
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Caseless: 6:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
Rexxie:

whoa!
na u b dis? This one u did not attack me today, hope all is well?

1 Like

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
The Vatican and most basilicas or cathedrals also have domes!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Fashola Inspects Ipakodo Jetty. Pics.. / Where Is Alhaji Lie Mohammed / For Those Who Said "Why Saraki? " Should Pls Shut Up And Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.