Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,548 members, 7,955,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:06 PM

Ghana New International Airport Presented - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana New International Airport Presented (13706 Views)

The New International Passport And Price / Buhari's Photo Presented To Aisha Buhari In Borno / Buhari Presented With Gift Of His Portrait In India (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by ba7man(m): 10:54am On Oct 19, 2014
Wale112:

Which brand of generator do u use?
Have your Govt prastatals and embassies open yet??

1 Like

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by ba7man(m): 11:00am On Oct 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

Let me call ROSSIKE, karlmax2 and sincere9gerian
they gotta see this. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Asoozy: 11:02am On Oct 19, 2014
OUCH!!! Okay that did cut deep. grin

I'd like to know what's going on with that too but it does not excuse Stella's crass ineptitude.

anonimi:

Any chance of showing us the Lekki International airport that has been presented by Fashola, SAN the governor of our "State of Excellence".
I am sure that one cannot be mediocre since it is still in computer GRAPHICS rendering, abi

1 Like

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by anonimi: 11:13am On Oct 19, 2014
ba7man:
See the smelly muritala Mohamed Airport people like you were applauding as "Transformation". The Enugu river Airport you were ushering as a new age in Nigerian Aviation and the numerous bus station scam transformations.

At least money hasn't being commited to the Lekki Airport project construction so it can still be said to be delayed...........unlike your completed projects reeking of Mediocrity.

This was you in April 2013 =>

ba7man:
I have read about this project, I have two international documentaries on it on my laptop and no where was the FG mentioned. They have no mental input in it. Lagos State Government conceived it and provided 20 percent of its funding, sourced for private investors to contribute 60 percent and FG provided the final 20 percent. The FG's mental capacity can't handle it or else, projects like this would have been replicated around the country....Also, the drivers of the project isn't the international investors, the LASG is.

Is it that my understanding of the English past tense is faulty or what

And then this was in November 2011, some three years ago at about the same time we were shown pictures of Fashola, SAN inspecting condemned Toronto trains for use in Lagos =>

EkoIle1:

Stanbic IBTC Bank has been appointed sole financial adviser to the Lagos State government on the proposed Lekki-Epe International Airport project to be developed on a modular basis at an estimated project cost of N71.64bn ($450 million) in its first phase. shocked

Situated about 10km from Lekki Free Trade Zone (LFTZ), the proposed airport will boost economic activities at the LFTZ scheduled to begin full operations in 2012. It will also drive urban development and tourism in the Lekki-Epe axis of Lagos State.

A scalable airport that will be designed to cater for the Airbus A380, making it a Code F compliant airport, the Lekki-Epe International Airport is expected to commence operations with a conservative capacity of two million passengers per annum, reaching five million passengers by 2015.

Commenting on the airport project, Chief Executive Officer of Stanbic IBTC Bank, Sola David-Borha, said the project reinforces the bank’s long standing partnership with the Lagos State Government in the area of infrastructure development, which is informed by the knowledge that infrastructure is the foundation on which socio-economic development is built.

As part of the competitive tender process for the construction of the Lekki-Epe International Airport, Stanbic IBTC Bank has made available Request for Pre-Qualification (RFPQ) to 33 Nigerian and international firms who have indicated interest to participate in the ambitious project.

The companies had earlier submitted Expression of Interest (EOI) in August 2011, bidding for the project under a Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement.

The RFPQ provides the bidding companies with guidelines for the submission of a Statement of Qualification (SOQ) which highlights their technical, operational and financial capability to design, finance, build and operate the Lekki-Epe International Airport, before its transfer to Lagos State Government at the expiration of the concession period.

NAHCO Aviance, Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, Arab Contractors Nigeria Limited and Cappa D’Alberto Plc, are among the 20 Nigerian companies that have been provided with the Request for Pre-Qualification.

They will compete against 13 international firms that includes Munich Airport Germany, Hyundai Engineering and Construction Co Limited and Canadian Commercial Corporation, among others, for the development of the first phase of airport project.

http://businessnews.com.ng/2011/11/22/lekki-epe-int%E2%80%99l-airport-to-commence-operation-by-2012/

Followed by four pages of praise-singing and worship that Fashola is the best thing after sliced yam shocked

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by cocoduck: 11:16am On Oct 19, 2014
Asoozy:
OUCH!!! Okay that did cut deep. grin

I'd like to know what's going on with that too but it does not excuse Stella's crass ineptitude.

can't wait for 2015 when you will cry me a river gej already won the election. have you ever seen an election where the incumbent especially when he is very popular lose an election? he already has at least 35% of the votes And will share the rest with APC and at least he will get at least half of the total votes from that bloc and you will fill the ocean basin with your tears.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by cocoduck: 11:21am On Oct 19, 2014
ba7man:
Whooooooooo!!!!!!!

Lovely!!!!

BTW, I'm Nigerian. cool

TANoids.....shey una dey see Aviation transformation.

F*ck your mediocre minds and Stella Oduah!!!! angry
you are an 1diot. how does this thing concern Nigeria. Stella's problem was that she tried to make the southeast have an airport which is against the thinking of those who think they own Nigeria. you said you are a Nigerian but I can assure you that you are not more Nigerian than I am.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:24am On Oct 19, 2014
IGBOSON1:
So what's the cost then?

The company constructing it is the same one building the new terminals in Nigeria. I think Ghana has a slight advantage over us in that they don't have to do this stupi/d balancing act where anything being built has to be distributed/balanced among all its regions; they can spend the funds on one particular project for the entire country and build something grand and world-class.....and the entire country can have a sense of belonging in the project because they're a proper nation!

Am telling you

2 Likes

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Asoozy: 11:24am On Oct 19, 2014
Is this a comatose attempt at diverting criticism from your grossly incompetent and corrupt Stella?

Let's fit the right pegs in the right holes please. This is about federal projects here so put each countries at level footing by comparing countries to countries. Stella was responsible for the federal project, not Fashola and since this comparison is with Ghana, face she that was/is responsible.

Stella goofed big time and has created a good excuse for Ghana to give us good pummelling..

anonimi:

This was you in April 2013 =>

Is it that my understanding of the English past tense is faulty or what

And then this was in November 2011, some three years ago at about the same time we were shown pictures of Fashola, SAN inspecting condemned Toronto trains for use in Lagos =>

Followed by four pages of praise-singing and worship that Fashola is the best thing after sliced yam shocked
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Asoozy: 11:27am On Oct 19, 2014
...and this drivel pertains to the topic at hand, how?

cocoduck:

can't wait for 2015 when you will cry me a river gej already won the election. have you ever seen an election where the incumbent especially when he is very popular lose an election? he already has at least 35% of the votes And will share the rest with APC and at least he will get at least half of the total votes from that bloc and you will fill the ocean basin with your tears.
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Asoozy: 11:28am On Oct 19, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Am telling you

Were you meaning to say: "I'm telling you"?

1 Like

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 19, 2014
Wale112:

What has nigeria done with their oil and gas?

Ghana must save Nigeria

I can't blame you for this kind of foolish statement....

2 Likes

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Asoozy: 11:31am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

I can't blame you for this kind of foolish statement....

No you can't. He made a very valid point!

1 Like

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by cocoduck: 11:33am On Oct 19, 2014
Asoozy:
Is this a comatose attempt at diverting criticism from your grossly incompetent and corrupt Stella?

Let's fit the right pegs in the right holes please. This is about federal projects here so put each countries at level footing by comparing countries to countries. Stella was responsible for the federal project, not Fashola and since this comparison is with Ghana, face she that was/is responsible.

Stella goofed big time and has created a good excuse for Ghana to give us good pummelling..

that is why I never support APC you Guys are so sentimental by the way Stella is no longer the aviation minister and how does Ghana building an airport mean that they are better than Nigeria ? Tufia GI. It is because of politics is those who think they own Nigeria that a mere airport becomes an issue. Go to the US or Brazil you will see many airports and air fields like bread everywhere. Those airports were built by the private sector and local governments. You are not more Nigerian than I am.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Asoozy: 11:35am On Oct 19, 2014
Ok, I think I get you? Still not sure. But thank you for making it clear early on that you are too simple to engage with.

It's too early to develop migraine.

cocoduck:

that is why I never support APC you Guys are so sentimental by the way Stella is no longer the aviation minister and how does Ghana building an airport mean that they are better than Nigeria ? Tufia GI. It is because of politics is those who think they own Nigeria that a mere airport becomes an issue. Go to the US or Brazil you will see many airports and air fields like bread everywhere. Those airports were built by the private sector and local governments. You are not more Nigerian than I am.
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by chris365(m): 11:37am On Oct 19, 2014
IGBOSON1:
So what's the cost then?

The company constructing it is the same one building the new terminals in Nigeria. I think Ghana has a slight advantage over us in that they don't have to do this stupi/d balancing act where anything being built has to be distributed/balanced among all its regions; they can spend the funds on one particular project for the entire country and build something grand and world-class.....and the entire country can have a sense of belonging in the project because they're a proper nation!

And do you realize Ghana is like one the smallest states in Nigeria in terms of land mass. Moreover, Nigeria requires airports in all regions including spreading across states in that region etc. Same goes to every developmental projects.

Clearly you do not need to be lectured on all these thing since you feel you've earned the right to criticize your own country over a smaller and inferior Ghana.

That's the problem with most Nigerians like you, too dumb to be logical on reasoning. What a shame undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:40am On Oct 19, 2014
Asoozy:

Were you meaning to say: "I'm telling you"?
I meant to say, I dey tell you
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by omenka(m): 11:40am On Oct 19, 2014
ba7man:
Whooooooooo!!!!!!!

Lovely!!!!

BTW, I'm Nigerian. cool

TANoids.....shey una dey see Aviation transformation.

F*ck your mediocre minds and Stella Oduah!!!! angry
gringrin

But errrm, fvck Ghana and hope they role over a dozen times!! grin. I nor just like that country. Too fake with fake accent and fake celebs, except of course Sarkodie!! grin
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Asoozy: 11:41am On Oct 19, 2014
Ghana though small is by no means inferior most especially not to Nigeria!

This is the stup1d delusion of grandeur other countries speak of about Nigeria.

Smaller it might be but democratically sound it is and far more organised and sane than your clumsy spoilt big for nothing overgrown kid called Nigeria!

Let's call a spade a frigging spade!

chris365:

And do you realize Ghana is like one the smallest states in Nigeria in terms of land mass. Moreover, Nigeria requires airports in all regions including spreading across states in that region etc. Same goes to every developmental projects.

Clearly you do not need to be lectured on all these thing since you feel you've earned the right to criticize your own country over a smaller and inferior Ghana.

That's the problem with most Nigerians like you, too dumb to be logical on reasoning. What a shame undecided
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:42am On Oct 19, 2014
chris365:

forget that thing . they don't go about tribalizing everything. its not about size but orientation. even if Nigeria were smaller than Ghana, she will still be having tribal issues.

1 Like

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Asoozy: 11:42am On Oct 19, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

I meant to say, I dey tell you

Much better.
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:43am On Oct 19, 2014
Asoozy:

Much better.

or I dey tells you

1 Like

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Asoozy: 11:45am On Oct 19, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

or I dey tells you

I don't think you can ever be grammatically incorrect in pidgin English since it is a bastardised form of the English language.

Go ahead, knock yourself out!
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 19, 2014
Asoozy:

No you can't. He made a very valid point!

Despite our challenges as a nation, I will never allow an outsider to belittle my nation....call it national pride.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Asoozy: 11:49am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

Despite our challenges as a nation, I will never allow an outsider to belittle my nation....call it national pride.

How about I call it international hypocrisy?

Divided internally but faking unity outwardly.

The man in the mirror looks back at you.
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Asoozy: 11:52am On Oct 19, 2014
P:s:

No country can belittle Nigeria. The country is doing a royal good job of making itself the butt of jokes.

If you like, keep putting pearls around a pig's neck. All I know be say we don see fowl yansh and guess what? HAIR NO DEY DIA!!
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 19, 2014
Asoozy:

How about I call it international hypocrisy?

Divided internally but faking unity outwardly.

The man in the mirror looks back at you.

Get it right....

The dude is poking fingers at us and sticking out his tongue at us....I will never subscribe to such malign attitude from a foreigner.

That is self -hating in my opinion.....as long as I still recite Nigerian national anthem...I will defend her against external aggression.

Presently I don't profess to any other nationality except Nigeria.....so nobody will ridicule her and I will stand akimbo.

5 Likes

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Asoozy: 11:59am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

Get it right....

The dude is poking fingers at us and sticking out his tongue at us....I will never subscribe to such malign attitude from a foreigner.

You don't have to subscribe to it but it does not reduce from the fact that he made valid observation about your country even though he did it in bad taste.

Heck! I think Nigerians need to be gored to get them to take action to regain their country's glory. Right now, Nigeria is a prince dining in among thieves. Why shouldn't others poke fun at it?
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by cocoduck: 11:59am On Oct 19, 2014
Asoozy:
Ok, I think I get you? Still not sure. But thank you for making it clear early on that you are too simple to engage with.

It's too early to develop migraine.

you understood me clearly. You are merely trying to dodge that thing or that issue that is the real problem and the source of all the malaise this country is having. So don't play f0ol here except you are the biggest of them.
don't worry 2015 is around the corner. or are you trying to let the whole world know how stup1d you people are. bushariA is an economic hitman and all the people around him like coomaSie. atjku.lie Mohammed. etc are all hustlers. These people fvcked Nigeria up. they have no businesses in aso rock.

1 Like

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Asoozy: 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
There is no external aggression here. All I see is external facts!

Is your country not oil producing? Does it not produce gas in large quantities?

Do you have constant electricity? Have you found your Chibok girls? Did your country's president not pardon criminals? Are you not riddled by terrorism? Are you not ethnically divided? Are your pastors not milking their congregation to enrich themselves?

Oh brother, please!!!

ilugunboy:

Get it right....

That is self -hating in my opinion.....as long as I still recite Nigerian national anthem...I will defend her against external aggression.

Presently I don't profess to any other nationality except Nigeria.....so nobody will ridicule her and I will stand akimbo.
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
Asoozy:
There is no external aggression here. All I see is external facts!

Is your country not oil producing? Does it not produce gas in large quantities?

Do you have constant electricity? Have you found your Chibok girls? Did your country's president not pardon criminals? Are you not riddled by terrorism? Are you not ethnically divided? Are your pastors not milking their congregation to enrich themselves?

Oh brother, please!!!

I agree with you on those questions? .....and that is why I said I can't blame the guy....our leaders put us in such precarious condition for citizens of a country as Ghana coming here to write such nonsense.

On one on one basis...a Nigerian will tower above a Ghanian.
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Asoozy: 12:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
Pele.

I'm closed for the day, dealing with f00lish and myopic reasoning.

Try again tomorrow.

cocoduck:

you understood me clearly. You are merely trying to dodge that thing or that issue that is the real problem and the source of all the malaise this country is having. So don't play f0ol here except you are the biggest of them.
don't worry 2015 is around the corner. or are you trying to let the whole world know how stup1d you people are. bushariA is an economic hitman and all the people around him like coomaSie. atjku.lie Mohammed. etc are all hustlers. These people fvcked Nigeria up. they have no businesses in aso rock.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole, Kachikwu, Oyegun At A Thanksgiving Service In Edo. Photos / FG May Reverse Fuel Pump Price To N160 Per Litre, Negotiations Continue Dec 7 / Umahi Orders Suspension Of Eleme-Onne East-West Road Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.