Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

The Yorubas, Religion And 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yorubas, Religion And 2015 (1683 Views)

World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom / Photo: Victor Ndoma-Egba And Buhari In A Handshake In 1984 And 2015 / GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Yorubas, Religion And 2015 by lacasa: 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
The Yorubas, Religion and 2015

By Olugbenga Pelumi.

With keen interest and optimism, Have been following the political proceedings of the country as 2015 moves closer.
What is the ROLE of the Yorubas??
I doubt if any yoruba would contest for the presidential post but they will surely be one of the major factors that will decide the fate of the aspirants.

Hithertho, There are rumours circulating online about a BUHARI/FASHOLA ticket which has triggered debates in some quarters with political analysts suggesting it may spell doom in a circular and religious country like Nigeria.

While I'm an ambassador of equality and equal representation, I will forever be an advocate of a society where competence trumps religion. Governor Raji Babatunde Fashola May Be A Muslim But He Has Never Shown Any iota of marginalisation towards the christians in lagos, south-west and Nigeria at large.

Have spent some quite number of years in lagos and it took me a while to know he is a muslim, Why Because in yoruba land, We prioritize Omoluabi before religion, We're first Omo Karo Ojire Before We're muslims or Christians, We're first decendants of Oduduwa before we're followers of Jesus and Mohammed. This is why most yorubas will vote for competency and not religion.

If APC should field Buhari and Fashola today, I will decide their fate based on competence and not on religion, I'm not saying they will have my vote but what I am trying to point out is that if I don't vote for them, It doesn't mean because they're both muslims. I know some muppets and irrelevant political nit-wits like femi fani-Kayode will say nonsense if fashola is paired with another muslim, His recent tweets are a pointer to this fact.

People like FFK should cover their face in shame. They are a total disgrace to Oduduwas, Under this present administration, the yorubas have been marginalised enormously!!.

Senate president should had been zoned to us but they decided to give it to their ally, We should have been given House of reps speaker as a consolation but they refused to honour and respect the yorubas, they didn't stop there, We've never produced a CBN governor and when it came lacking, We were overlooked once again, Key ministerial posts like Finance, Petroleum, Information were not given to us also, These present folks have said What can we do and the yorubas would say "Eni Bani Ki La Fe Se,Oun Lama Se Han" and This is why I am disappointed in the likes of Obanikoro and FFK. Instead of them to fight for our rights, Let them tell Jonathan enough of this marginalisation, A yoruba should be the one presiding over the senate but they allowed Mark to continue. We can't go through 8years of irrelevance, marginalisation and lack of respect!.

Back to the main point, Yorubas don't practise politics of religion, We don't care who represent us, Let him be a christian, a muslim or even an ogun, obatala or sango worshipper, We don't care. All we care about is competence and leadership qualities.

Hence, If Fashola is paired alongside a muslim for the presidential ticket, You jonathanian propagandist and loyalists shouldn't think you can derail us with religious sentiments, If we want to vote for him, We will vote for him, He is an omoluabi and omo akin, And omo akin no dey do OJO, Em no dey fear!.

2015 will soon get hotter and I'm ready literally, Let all those Jonathan apologists come out from their holes and attack me here for telling them what they don't want to here (They will always meet me at home).

Why should I vote Jonathan.
A man who doesn't respect my root.
I will not re-elect anybody that marginalises my people!.

4 Likes

Re: The Yorubas, Religion And 2015 by morgang(m): 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
But Like seriously, I see no reason why Nigeria isn't divided.... This so called merger of a country is really filled with Tribalist and religious bigots......

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas, Religion And 2015 by Mogidi: 5:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
Senate president should had been zoned to us but they decided to give it to their ally, We should have been given House of reps speaker as a consolation but they refused to honour and respect the yorubas, they didn't stop there,

I stopped reading when I got to the above, if the author of above article couldn't explain the role played by Lord Tinubu in short-changing the SW, its no use reading the rest of the thrash above.

To the writer of the childish rants above, I hope you enjoy your head shoved up firmly in Tinubus a.z.z. Please let your head remain there, after a while am sure you'd smell some of the shiit Tinubu is dishing out.

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas, Religion And 2015 by neuljosh(m): 5:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
Fashola is good but pairing with a religious fanatic like BUhari would be his downfall as no Christian from the North, South South and South East will cast a vote to an Almajiri
Re: The Yorubas, Religion And 2015 by lacasa: 5:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
neuljosh:
Fashola is good but pairing with a religious fanatic like BUhari would be his downfall as no Christian from the North, South South and South East will cast a vote to an Almajiri

^^^

Na only u waka come

grin

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas, Religion And 2015 by neuljosh(m): 5:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
lacasa:

^^^

Na only u waka come

grin

So u had to quote me for that ehh omo werai
Re: The Yorubas, Religion And 2015 by macof(m): 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2014
Whether buhari and apc like give Yoruba everything from vice president to minister of defence. We don't want Buhari.

No northerner till 2027 or No Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: The Yorubas, Religion And 2015 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2015
Mogidi:

I stopped reading when I got to the above, if the author of above article couldn't explain the role played by Lord Tinubu in short-changing the SW, its no use reading the rest of the thrash above.

To the writer of the childish rants above, I hope you enjoy your head shoved up firmly in Tinubus a.z.z. Please let your head remain there, after a while am sure you'd smell some of the shiit Tinubu is dishing out.

the truth is always bitter and the stupe of an op,who is actually a mallam,a self confessed abokii knows that very well,hence his cow like mute over ur post

all da same,this a thread dead on arrival..

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas, Religion And 2015 by Duru1(m): 7:56pm On Mar 05, 2015
Any Nigerian outside Yoruba ethnicity who does not understand the political shenanigans of Yoruba people in Nigeria should be left in a cooler.
Re: The Yorubas, Religion And 2015 by macof(m): 6:17pm On Mar 06, 2015
neuljosh:

Is this still the case
Re: The Yorubas, Religion And 2015 by MayorofLagos(m): 7:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
lacasa:
The Yorubas, Religion and 2015

By Olugbenga Pelumi.

With keen interest and optimism, Have been following the political proceedings of the country as 2015 moves closer.
What is the ROLE of the Yorubas??
I doubt if any yoruba would contest for the presidential post but they will surely be one of the major factors that will decide the fate of the aspirants.

Hithertho, There are rumours circulating online about a BUHARI/FASHOLA ticket which has triggered debates in some quarters with political analysts suggesting it may spell doom in a circular and religious country like Nigeria.

While I'm an ambassador of equality and equal representation, I will forever be an advocate of a society where competence trumps religion. Governor Raji Babatunde Fashola May Be A Muslim But He Has Never Shown Any iota of marginalisation towards the christians in lagos, south-west and Nigeria at large.

Have spent some quite number of years in lagos and it took me a while to know he is a muslim, Why Because in yoruba land, We prioritize Omoluabi before religion, We're first Omo Karo Ojire Before We're muslims or Christians, We're first decendants of Oduduwa before we're followers of Jesus and Mohammed. This is why most yorubas will vote for competency and not religion.

If APC should field Buhari and Fashola today, I will decide their fate based on competence and not on religion, I'm not saying they will have my vote but what I am trying to point out is that if I don't vote for them, It doesn't mean because they're both muslims. I know some muppets and irrelevant political nit-wits like femi fani-Kayode will say nonsense if fashola is paired with another muslim, His recent tweets are a pointer to this fact.

People like FFK should cover their face in shame. They are a total disgrace to Oduduwas, Under this present administration, the yorubas have been marginalised enormously!!.

Senate president should had been zoned to us but they decided to give it to their ally, We should have been given House of reps speaker as a consolation but they refused to honour and respect the yorubas, they didn't stop there, We've never produced a CBN governor and when it came lacking, We were overlooked once again, Key ministerial posts like Finance, Petroleum, Information were not given to us also, These present folks have said What can we do and the yorubas would say "Eni Bani Ki La Fe Se,Oun Lama Se Han" and This is why I am disappointed in the likes of Obanikoro and FFK. Instead of them to fight for our rights, Let them tell Jonathan enough of this marginalisation, A yoruba should be the one presiding over the senate but they allowed Mark to continue. We can't go through 8years of irrelevance, marginalisation and lack of respect!.

Back to the main point, Yorubas don't practise politics of religion, We don't care who represent us, Let him be a christian, a muslim or even an ogun, obatala or sango worshipper, We don't care. All we care about is competence and leadership qualities.

Hence, If Fashola is paired alongside a muslim for the presidential ticket, You jonathanian propagandist and loyalists shouldn't think you can derail us with religious sentiments, If we want to vote for him, We will vote for him, He is an omoluabi and omo akin, And omo akin no dey do OJO, Em no dey fear!.

2015 will soon get hotter and I'm ready literally, Let all those Jonathan apologists come out from their holes and attack me here for telling them what they don't want to here (They will always meet me at home).

Why should I vote Jonathan.
A man who doesn't respect my root.
I will not re-elect anybody that marginalises my people!.

Mayor of Lagos has endorsed this message!

(1) (Reply)

Abia State: 16 Years Of PDP Rule And This Is The Outcome / APC Has Suprised Me.....doyin Okupe (video) / Gtbank N100 Annual Card Maintenance Charge...subtle Fraud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.