Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (207551 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 2:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
God of all Creation. He set the planets revolving around the sun and thereby created seasons
Bidam:
Good, now you are coming up to my scriptural level of reasoning, who set those natural laws in place?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:
It is sad that. WOFers misquote Paul to justify themselves.
1. Paul was talking about ministry where sowing means preaching the Word of God probably at the back of his mind was the famous parable of the sower and from 1Cor 9 we know Paul to be well versed with pathetic teachings of Jesus.
Don't be a scriptural misfit, does the Galatians 6:6-10 i quoted in my initial post to candour talks ministry? rememeber i told you previously that it is applicable in every realm of human activity in the earth, not only in finances.
2. Seed time and harvest time are set by natural laws. You can't sow any time of the year and expect a harvest. Harvest time is different for different plants
So harvest time is applicable to natural laws but not spiritual laws abi? grin
Paul was simply saying that God is the sole Cause of growth in the church and not men. You need to quit stretching analogies out of their logical limits bro. I know this is a convenient excuse you give when tithers and other coerced givers don't recieve harvest/reap; remind them that it is 'up to God' to reward them whenever and wherever.
Where did Paul say that in the scriptures i quoted in Gal 6:6-7 and phil 4:14-19? Again quit the snide comments and lets do some bible study here.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
IMPLIED.
Paul's financial circumstances under Christ were worse than before. That's all
Bidam:
You should take time and study scriptures, pls. And read well what my post says without applying strawman.

Firstly i never ridiculed Paul's persecutions and sufferings those are your statements not mine.

Secondly you implied Paul was poor by you ridiculing about him not getting any "rewards" when he gave his time, money and priveledges for the gospel according to you.

The multiplicity of the 7 churches he planted, was it Paul's effort that multiplied it or God? Remember Paul planted the churches as seeds, what did God reward him with?

Even if he waived his rights to support did you NOT notice his doctrinal stand on GIVINGS he kept emphasing to the corinthians? Remember Paul dedicated a whole chapter 8 and 9 of 2 corinthians on christian generosity? Why would he do that since you said he doesn't want to burden the churches?

Moreso at the tail end of Paul's ministry he was a prisoner and wasn't working, if he gave all his money to the ministry, can you tell us where he got money to rent his OWN apartment for 2YEARS in rome doing nothing till he was to appear before nero in Acts 28:30?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
mbaemeka:
Candour,

You are right about Genesis 26 but I would show you a few discrepancies and by so doing maybe answer the questions directed at me.

1. Abraham and Isaac lived in Canaan as you said but Canaan was a very big region that encompassed Sidon to the north and then Gerar to the south. This region was governed by kings called Abimelechs.

2. When a famine arose in Canaan (as a whole) residents decided to migrate to Egypt. Abraham did so earlier on and Isaac wanted to follow suit in his time.

3. God stopped him while he was in Gerar (still south of Canaan) and God told him to remain in the land.

4. The land in question has to still be the same (whole land I.e Canaan or even still Gerar) and in any case the famine encompassed the whole region in Canaan.

5. The land in vs 1 of chapter 26 had to still be the land in vs 3 and had to still be in vs 12 as the writer made reference to 'that land' and in any case still it suggests that the famine still lingered.

6. The many years past as suggested by vs 8 was there to show that Isaacs lie that Rebecca was his sister didn't go unremembered by the King and his cronies. Years ago Isaac claimed the woman to be his sister but presently they saw him frolicking with her. That's why Abimelech asked him that question 'are you sure she's your sister?'. The many years doesn't mean the famine had stopped.

Summarily, Isaac wanted to head to Egypt to seek better pastures so as he drifted from the south of Canaan (Gerar) as though on his way to Egypt( the regions are close), God stopped him on his track and told him to remain in the land as he will be blessed there. Isaac obeyed and lived blessed despite the famine. Years later (and even in spite of the famine) he worked hard (by sowing) in the same barren land YET he reaped a large harvest in the same year that caused the Philistines to envy him (their envy also alludes to the fact that they too sowed but didn't reap as he did).

My take.

Actually, you're wrong. Let's start from the Son's of Noah in Genesis chapter 10.

Noah had 3 sons namely; Shem, Ham and Japhet. Ham had 4 sons namely; Cush, Mizraim, Phut and Canaan

The Sons of Mizraim are Ludim, Anamim, Lehabim, Naphtuhim, Pathrusim, and Cashluhim (out of whom came Philistim or Philistine) and Caphtorim.

The sons of Canaan are Sidon, Heth, Jebusites, Amorite, Girgashite, Hivite, Arkite, Sinite, Arvadite, Zemarite and Hamathithe

We can see that Mizraim and Canaan are clearly differentiated and the Philistines (Philistim) are clearly not listed among the descendants of Canaan which God promised Abraham will lose their lands to his descendants. In fact out of the great-grand children of Ham, only Philistim (Philistines) was mentioned and i believe it was because of the great antagonism they were going to cause the Israelites down the pages of history.

Gen 10:19
And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, [size=14pt]as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha[/color]

The bible said the Canaanites border was from Sidon ''as thou comest to Gerar'' It didn't say the border was from Sidon unto and including Gerar.

God differentiated between Canaanites and the Philistines when he enumerated the descendants of Ham and he also demarcated the lands in the scripture above.

Gerar was to the south of Canaan, it doesn't mean Gerar is a part of Canaan. Just like Cotonou is west of Nigeria doesn't mean Cotonou is a part of Nigeria.

Isaac reaped far above his neighbours who even owned the land is the message we got there.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
excellent submission.

Now what you dread the most, thinking grin

1. What proof do you have that the famine persisted the many years since you are flagrantly presenting this as a fact?
2. What proof do you have that the Philistines envied him in the SAME year he received a bountiful harvest?

Verse 13 (KJV) And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: 14 For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him

Animals have a gestation period running into months, their multiplication however miraculous still obeys natural Laws. This means the increase in the flock necessarily implies Isaac's prosperity took more than one year oga wink
mbaemeka:
Candour,

You are right about Genesis 26 but I would show you a few discrepancies and by so doing maybe answer the questions directed at me.

1. Abraham and Isaac lived in Canaan as you said but Canaan was a very big region that encompassed Sidon to the north and then Gerar to the south. This region was governed by kings called Abimelechs.

2. When a famine arose in Canaan (as a whole) residents decided to migrate to Egypt. Abraham did so earlier on and Isaac wanted to follow suit in his time.

3. God stopped him while he was in Gerar (still south of Canaan) and God told him to remain in the land.

4. The land in question has to still be the same (whole land I.e Canaan or even still Gerar) and in any case the famine encompassed the whole region in Canaan.

5. The land in vs 1 of chapter 26 had to still be the land in vs 3 and had to still be in vs 12 as the writer made reference to 'that land' and in any case still it suggests that the famine still lingered.

6. The many years past as suggested by vs 8 was there to show that Isaacs lie that Rebecca was his sister didn't go unremembered by the King and his cronies. Years ago Isaac claimed the woman to be his sister but presently they saw him frolicking with her. That's why Abimelech asked him that question 'are you sure she's your sister?'. The many years doesn't mean the famine had stopped.

Summarily, Isaac wanted to head to Egypt to seek better pastures so as he drifted from the south of Canaan (Gerar) as though on his way to Egypt( the regions are close), God stopped him on his track and told him to remain in the land as he will be blessed there. Isaac obeyed and lived blessed despite the famine. Years later (and even in spite of the famine)he worked hard (by sowing) in the same barren land YET he reaped a large harvest in the same year that caused the Philistines to envy him ([their envy also alludes to the fact that they too sowed but didn't reap as he did)

My take.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
Bidam:
Good, now you are coming up to my scriptural level of reasoning, who set those natural laws in place?

cheesy
Nice
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gombs:

Candour na!

Yet when the famine spread in the day of his son Israel, the Bible said it was all over the earth, even if it wasn't, but famine was able to spread from Israel to Egypt.
Gerar - means "lodging-place" – it was a Philistine town and district in what is today south central Israel. Gerar was in Cannan. Isaac moved from one point in Canaan to another, but he was still in Canaan...Study na! Please.

If you look at a map of the land during Isaac's generation, you will see that Gerar is the last inhabited city in Canaan before entering the Wilderness of Shur along the well traveled caravan route between the nation of the Philistines and Egypt.

Up to this point, Isaac was going by formula. But when the Lord appeared to him, he said He did not want Isaac to go to Egypt, but rather to stay in Canaan and the Lord promised to bless him there (where famine was raging). The Lord was doing a different thing in Isaac's day than Abraham's and it was critical to flow with His plan. The same is true for every generation.

If Gera was in Cannan, how then was Gerar not affected be the famine? undecided

Anyways, I'm not here to convince you. Thanks

Gerar was a philistine land and the philistines were not Canaanites. The bible is very clear on that.

Also famine in the bible doesn't mean it covered the earth everytime. infact See the case of Ruth's future family

Ruth 1:1
Now it came to pass in the days when the Judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land, And a certain man of Bethlehem-Judah went to sojourn in the country of Moab, he, and his wife, and his two sons

Elimelech left Bethlehem and went to Moab to escape famine, yet Moab was only about 30Miles (48km) to Bethlehem using it's shortest more rugged route and 60miles(96km) using a smother longer route. Check your map. Not all famine in the bible affected everywhere. Anytime it did, the bible was very specific

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2014
nannymcphee:

maybe you should read my initial post, it was directed at lambanopeace & not you. I only asked you to check the post with reference to your question

speaking on ineptitude, that verse again talks about the natural course of events & wasn't talking about sowing seeds as churches have used it to preach.

I believe in application of the word, even if that verse is used to buttress sowing & reaping, that time, was not added to "harvest" is inconsequential, the same way "time" was not added to the other things listed, even though they were all times & seasons & phases.

This is just semantics, the same way someone can say seed phase or seed planting phase, will you cry out & say its not biblical

It is churches that are twisting that verse to mean that when you sow seeds, there is no set time for your harvest, it can come any time, just because there was no time attached to "harvest" in that scripture.

God sets the time for harvest, whether it is church planting, finances,etc. it may be now, it may be later, for example when Peter preached at Pentecost in acts 2 and 3000 were added to their number that day, it was the work of the Holy Spirit not the work of man.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2014
nannymcphee:

Time for harvest=harvest time

the above is true, when it comes to sowing of time, energy, money etc but not entirely true when it comes to crops as used in the genesis verse, God has already set laws in place that governs that

when u click on the start button on a windows OS, who/what causes the options to appear, bill gates or the programmer or the OS itself that has been programmed to do such?
You are still wrong with your analogy, i know many folks that expend a great deal of energy into human endeavors without any results or harvest to show for it. God is the master architect of spiritual laws, get that and you are home free.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gombs:

chaaaaaaaaaaaaai, bidam, how did you steal my thought o! Nannymcphee, please get a biro and notepad.. take notes (notice the plural)

remember when Jesus went to a tree to get frit even when it was not its season of fruiting? Harvest is set by God.. but they cant know this.
grin bro na Holy Spirit o.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gombs:

cool cool

i don't practice redundancy! it is not my fault you have reading and comprehension problems.

Can you explain why Jesus went to a tree and demanded for a fruit even when He knew it was not its time of fruiting?
grin grin that guy sef, i wonder why i dey waste time with am. his scriptural inconsistencies and shallow reasoning dey tire me no be small.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:
Puny brained goddess Mbaemeka,

Gombs and his kid bro Bidam is yet to answer me on seed time. If it is determined by man, can you sow wheat or barley ANY time of the year?

Who sets the time for seed sowing man or God?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
Candour,

Genesis 10:19 NLT

and the territory of Canaan extended from Sidon in the north to Gerar and Gaza in the south, and east as far as Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboiim, near Lasha.

Besides, I used a Map to take my position. You can readily check one online.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
God does not set the harvest time any more than he sets seed time. And I told Gombs, you are fond of equivocation, jumping from the literal to the spiritual,symbol.

Please before applying the symbol, can you try and comprehend it?
You don't plant ANY time of the year else you risk losing everything. Yes it is true man decides whether to plant or not but they got a brain ( most not ALL of them) and they know WHEN to plant. Is this clear?

The reason we have harvest and not harvest time IS NOT because God in Divine randomness decides when is harvest time, harvest is fairly predictable. What is not predictable is the returns on the investment. For each unit measure that you sow, how many measures do you get? It could be zero or a hundredfold. This is why Moses had Firstfruits, Freewill offerings and all

Bidam:
God sets the time for harvest, whether it is church planting, finances,etc. it may be now, it may be later, for example when Peter preached at Pentecost in acts 2 and 3000 were added to their number that day, it was the work of the Holy Spirit not the work of man.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nannymcphee(f): 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
mbaemeka:

In the same vein the Harvest mustn't always come at a set time. It could just come when exactly you want it to and it takes radical faith to actuate it

Caveat: the seed in question must not always be money. It could be seed of prayer, seed of acting faith, seed of working hard, seed of patience etc.

this was an excerpt from my earlier submission:

Inspite of the fact that, the verse was talking about natural events, some folks have applied it to sowing of money, while I don't have a problem with that, they stretch it further to say that, when you sow your seed now, you can reap it now because the bible only talked about seed time & not harvest time but harvest

based on this teaching, if I give a car now, a new one will & can come now, today today

No time for trekking or experiencing inconveniences

So Gombs, from the bolded, I can sow seeds of prayer, money & hard work etc & also determine when i will reap the harvest! only if i have a "high level of faith"

Wake up please!! It's time to start examining what you profess

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
trustman:

You have a way of trying to take people on a roller coaster ride.
You've not tried to resolve the initial issues and here you are bringing up a new thing.
Now the matter is how Paul made his money: Abi?
Don't be contumacious and ask your friend who went personal on Apostle Paul when he couldn't answer my initial post to candour. Maybe you could help him answer his folly of a question. Here are the questions once again for your perusal.

vooks:

Since it is a universal principle, please explain to us what Paul reaped from giving;
1. His time,
2. His money
3. His privilleges
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
God does. He makes seasons,times which are ideal for sowing. Man follows God's seasons/times or loses wink

Bidam:
Who sets the time for seed sowing man or God?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
Candour:

Actually, you're wrong. Let's start from the Son's of Noah in Genesis chapter 10.

Noah had 3 sons namely; Shem, Ham and Japhet. Ham had 4 sons namely; Cush, Mizraim, Phut and Canaan

The Sons of Mizraim are Ludim, Anamim, Lehabim, Naphtuhim, Pathrusim, and Cashluhim (out of whom came Philistim or Philistine) and Caphtorim.

The sons of Canaan are Sidon, Heth, Jebusites, Amorite, Girgashite, Hivite, Arkite, Sinite, Arvadite, Zemarite and Hamathithe

We can see that Mizraim and Canaan are clearly differentiated and the Philistines (Philistim) are clearly not listed among the descendants of Canaan which God promised Abraham will lose their lands to his descendants. In fact out of the great-grand children of Ham, only Philistim (Philistines) was mentioned and i believe it was because of the great antagonism they were going to cause the Israelites down the pages of history.

Gen 10:19
And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, [size=14pt]as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha[/color]

The bible said the Canaanites border was from Sidon ''as thou comest to Gerar'' It didn't say the border was from Sidon unto and including Gerar.

God differentiated between Canaanites and the Philistines when he enumerated the descendants of Ham and he also demarcated the lands in the scripture above.

Gerar was to the south of Canaan, it doesn't mean Gerar is a part of Canaan. Just like Cotonou is west of Nigeria doesn't mean Cotonou is a part of Nigeria.

Isaac reaped far above his neighbours who even owned the land is the message we got there.

Bobo, look... Bible said plain English. See what I said

If you look at a map of the land during Isaac's generation, you will see that Gerar is the last inhabited city in Canaan before entering the Wilderness of Shur along the well traveled caravan route between the nation of the Philistines and Egypt.

Now study the map below, notice where Judah is! If you still want to argue, fine. wink

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nannymcphee(f): 3:13pm On Oct 31, 2014
Bidam:

when u click on the start button on a windows OS, who/what causes the options to appear, bill gates or the programmer or the OS itself that has been programmed to do such?

When you fall from a cliff, is it God or Gravity?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 3:14pm On Oct 31, 2014
mbaemeka:
Candour,

and the territory of Canaan extended from Sidon in the north to Gerar and Gaza in the south, and east as far as Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboiim, near Lasha.

No need to go online. God bless you jare. He should notice the above bold on the map.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 3:14pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:
excellent submission.

Now what you dread the most, thinking grin

1. What proof do you have that the famine persisted the many years since you are flagrantly presenting this as a fact?
2. What proof do you have that the Philistines envied him in the SAME year he received a bountiful harvest?

Verse 13 (KJV) And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: 14 For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him

Animals have a gestation period running into months, their multiplication however miraculous still obeys natural Laws. This means the increase in the flock necessarily implies Isaac's prosperity took more than one year oga wink

1. The bible says it was the same land. So the only thing that changed from vs 1-12 was the years past.

2. Vs12 was connected to Vs' 13 and 14. He became very great- in the same year- the Philistines envied. If not so, they should have sown in the same land like he was doing instead of envy him for his seemingly insurmountable success.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
nannymcphee:

When you fall from a cliff, is it God or Gravity?

Question was, who set those natural laws in place? Simple cool
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
mbaemeka:

1. The bible says it was the same land. So the only thing that changed from vs 1-12 was the years past.

2. Vs12 was connected to Vs' 13 and 14. He became very great- in the same year- the Philistines envied. If not so, they should have sown in the same land like he was doing instead of envy him for his seemingly insurmountable success.

Bro, free that guy cheesy

Enough schooling for one day please

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2014
My broda o
You went ballistic when I talked of seed time and harvest time. You sought to make a mountain out of the 'missing' time in Genesis and I insist there is NOTHING to it.

You pretended that seed time and harvest time are different from sowing and reaping. I even gave you a verse from Revelation showing that you were wrong. Have you revised your opinion on this?

To answer your question about where Paul said that,

1 Cor 3:6- 8 (KJV)
Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. 8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

Bidam:
Don't be a scriptural misfit, does the Galatians 6:6-10 i quoted in my initial post to candour talks ministry? rememeber i told you previously that it is applicable in every realm of human activity in the earth, not only in finances.
So harvest time is applicable to natural laws but not spiritual laws abi? grin
Where did Paul say that in the scriptures i quoted in Gal 6:6-7 and phil 4:14-19? Again quit the snide comments and lets do some bible study here.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
nannymcphee:

this was an excerpt from my earlier submission:

So Gombs, from the bolded, I can sow seeds of prayer, money & hard work etc & also determine when i will reap the harvest! only if i have a "high level of faith"

Wake up please!! It's time to start examining what you profess

You used a car as an example. Who am I to question such a level of faith? Same way Martha and Mary had FAITH that Lazarus will be resurrected on THE LAST DAY but Jesus (having greater faith than they) compressed the time and brought Lazarus back in the present.

Mr A can pray for a healing and expect to get healed on the bye and bye. 5 years later he notices all symptoms gone and he praises God. Mr B prays for a healing and expects it now. He sees the symptoms shrivel immediately and he praises God. Both Got their harvest but the time was not set.

Faith doesn't say I WILL get something from God. Hope says so. Faith gets it now. Faith is higher than time and that's why God said seedtime and harvest will always remain.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
mbaemeka:
Candour,

ok then i conceed.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nannymcphee(f): 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2014
mbaemeka:

You used a car as an example. Who am I to question such a level of faith? Same way Martha and Mary had FAITH that Lazarus will be resurrected on THE LAST DAY but Jesus (having greater faith than they) compressed the time and brought Lazarus back in the present.

Mr A can pray for a healing and expect to get healed on the bye and bye. 5 years later he notices all symptoms gone and he praises God. Mr B prays for a healing and expects it now. He sees the symptoms shrivel immediately and he praises God. Both Got their harvest but the time was not set.

Faith doesn't say I WILL get something from God. Hope says so. Faith gets it now. Faith is higher than time and that's why God said seedtime and harvest will always remain.

At the point A & B got their healing, wasn't it "time" so what the fuss about no time being tied to harvest or harvest time??

Keep deluding yourself that all seeds sown(prayer, finances, time, love etc) can be harvested NOW, if one has great faith

The church didn't have faith when they prayed against Bokoharam?

so there wasn't one Christian with great faith that could sow seeds of prayer against Bokoharam at its incipient stage to have stopped it then?

Ebola nko, the kidnappings going on nko, what about the robberies? Bad governance nko? Haven't Christians been praying about all of these things? yet none had great faith to harvest an instant harvest of peace & health

showme someone who sowed anything in scriptures & reaped immediately(even the Hebrew hallmark of faith doesn't have any)

God wasn't put into the equation, it's just the individual's faith that is the determinant

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gombs:

Candour na!

Yet when the famine spread in the day of his son Israel, the Bible said it was all over the earth, even if it wasn't, but famine was able to spread from Israel to Egypt.
Gerar - means "lodging-place" – it was a Philistine town and district in what is today south central Israel. Gerar was in Cannan. Isaac moved from one point in Canaan to another, but he was still in Canaan...Study na! Please.

Up to this point, Isaac was going by formula. But when the Lord appeared to him, he said He did not want Isaac to go to Egypt, but rather to stay in Canaan and the Lord promised to bless him there (where famine was raging). The Lord was doing a different thing in Isaac's day than Abraham's and it was critical to flow with His plan. The same is true for every generation.

If Gera was in Cannan, how then was Gerar not affected be the famine? undecided

Anyways, I'm not here to convince you. Thanks

OK, enough of the games Gombs is playing at here.

He had access to valuable and useful information but stored it away after hacking off the bit that suits him.

I wont paste a picture capture as the antispamBot currently behaves funny at that
- I am tempted to paste a screen shot capture but wont as the antispamBot will likely hide it and slap me with a posting ban again

What I will do is, leave the URL of the site from where you "copied and pasted, word for word" from, as seen repeated below, for your post:

"Up to this point, Isaac was going by formula. But when the Lord appeared to him, he said He did not want Isaac to go to Egypt, but rather to stay in Canaan and the Lord promised to bless him there (where famine was raging). The Lord was doing a different thing in Isaac's day than Abraham's and it was critical to flow with His plan. The same is true for every generation" - © Gombs

Chai!. Like "Baba", like "spiritual son". Xerox has nothing on you.
Gombs! I shift one of my cheeks for you. This behaviour resembles that of "Baba" you're just as lazy as the dada of WoF "Baba"
- Small time, will be coming here fronting and forming "intellect"

I read about Isaac's irrigation witty idea a few years ago, so I set out searching for it, as I wasn't on the laptop I bookmarked the site on, only to find Gombs has lifted some of the information off the site but stopped short on sharing the irrigation that made reaping in famine possible for Isaac

For anyone trying to get more understanding on how Isaac came about the IRRIGATION witty idea etcetera, the website has the full account.
- No point in me reinventing the wheel or rehashing the information here again

ISAAC SOWED IN FAMINE by Gary Carpenter
http://www.garycarpenter.org/teach1.html

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
1. That ONLY thing means a lot because famines are not mountains, they are temporal grin
2. Yes we never had verses until a few hundred years ago, but they envied his increase which is amplified to include servants,and flock. It says they envied him meaning the envy had a DEFINITE point before which they were not envying him. The envy started and grew as he increased. This increase covers flocks. In fact flocks are a better measure of wealth than agricultural produce but this is besides the point.

If we were to compete in reading our hallucinations into the scriptures, you would beat me pants down. I give it to you. While there is a place and time for that, this ain't it grin

Once again, where did you get the notion that Isaac sowed DURING famine? This is unwarranted inference no better but in fact way weaker than mine namely there was no famine when he sowed since it was many years since the famine of verse 1.

Again where did you get the notion that the Philistines envied in the same year and this because of the famine? Are you insinuating that vine flock as well increased during the year? They could have been equally envious if Isaac's harvest was above average as secular history tells us that is if there was no famine but he still beat them. And recall he was a sojourner probably leasing their land. Xenophobia issues you can say that

mbaemeka:

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
Candour:

ok then i conceed.

smiley
You are way different! It takes humility to admit wrong, that my friend is commendable! Much respect sir! smiley
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:
God does not set the harvest time any more than he sets seed time. And I told Gombs, you are fond of equivocation, jumping from the literal to the spiritual,symbol.

Please before applying the symbol, can you try and comprehend it?
You don't plant ANY time of the year else you risk losing everything. Yes it is true man decides whether to plant or not but they got a brain ( most not ALL of them) and they know WHEN to plant. Is this clear?

The reason we have harvest and not harvest time IS NOT because God in Divine randomness decides when is harvest time, harvest is fairly predictable. What is not predictable is the returns on the investment. For each unit measure that you sow, how many measures do you get? It could be zero or a hundredfold. This is why Moses had Firstfruits, Freewill offerings and all

Funny you are the chap equivocating here. Jesus travelling from bethany to Jerusalem finds a fig barren tree that cannot satify his needs, yet he cursed it...care to tell us why?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
Hooligans doubling as plagiarists grin grin grin

BabaGnoni:

OK, enough of the games Gombs is playing at here.

He had access to valuable and useful information but stored it away after hacking off the bit that suits him.

I wont paste a picture capture as the antispamBot currently behaves funny at that
- I am tempted to paste a screen shot capture but wont as the antispamBot will likely hide it and slap me with a posting ban again

What I will do is, leave the URL of the site from where you "copied and pasted, word for word" from, as seen repeated below, for your post:

"Up to this point, Isaac was going by formula. But when the Lord appeared to him, he said He did not want Isaac to go to Egypt, but rather to stay in Canaan and the Lord promised to bless him there (where famine was raging). The Lord was doing a different thing in Isaac's day than Abraham's and it was critical to flow with His plan. The same is true for every generation" - © Gombs

Chai!. Like "Baba", like "spiritual son". Xerox has nothing on you.
Gombs! I shift one of my cheeks for you. This behaviour resembles that of "Baba" you're just as lazy as the dada of WoF "Baba"
- Small time, will be coming here fronting and forming "intellect"

I read about Isaac's irrigation witty idea a few years ago, so I set out searching for it, as I wasn't on the laptop I bookmarked the site on, only to find Gombs has lifted some of the information off the site but stopped short on sharing the irrigation that made reaping in famine possible for Isaac

For anyone trying to get more understanding on how Isaac came about the IRRIGATION witty idea etcetera, the website has the full account.
- No point in me reinventing the wheel or rehashing the information here again

ISAAC SOWED IN FAMINE by Gary Carpenter
http://www.garycarpenter.org/teach1.html

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.