Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,005 members, 7,821,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (207916 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by feedthenation(m): 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
In layman's understanding, why do people always believe that they must receive instant harvest or increase when they 'sow a seed'.

In my study of agricultural science, there is always a time to sow or plant certain crops and equally a time for the harvest, hence reason why crops have different germination and harvesting seasons - some annually, bi-annually and perennially. So where do our 'prosperity pastors' see anywhere in the bible that sowing a seed will bring instant harvest or increase or instant debt cancellation.

I believe that when God wants to set a person free, he will give them the tools and the faith to overcome in every area of their lives.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:
Walk with me and I will share right on. First, let's start with the verse(s)
Mark 11: 12-14 (KJV)
And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry: 13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. 14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.

Mark 11:20-24
(KJV) And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots. 21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away. 22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them

Jesus cursed the fig tree because it was fully green and as such he expected some fruits on it and moreso because it was not harvest time. He was disappointed and he cursed the barren tree.

Was Jesus wrong in expecting fruit from the tree 'out of season'? This is a common mistake you WOF guys make. The phrase 'time of figs we not yet' means that no man had harvested the tree! But I hear you aksin how the owner would be expected to harvest before harvest time, right?

Stick around for an explqnation
Jesus does nothing except what the Father tells him to do. I believe the tree is symbolic representing anything that opposes, resists and does not flow with the timing and requirements of the kingdom of God at any point in time.

The mark account you quoted says it was not yet time for figs when Jesus made His incredible demand. Ofcos in the natural order it was not yet the time for productivity and birthing but in the Spirit there was a legitimate "now" demand from Jesus for fruit. That is why i agree with mbaemeka stance on active faith that is aggressive.

Sometimes the requirement of the Spirit is far ahead of the natural productivity on the earth.

The tree also represent human mentalities like yours that oppose the work of the Lord saying WOF is unscriptural and demonic. It can also represent even demonic strategies that resist the kingdom and insist there be no fruit, when already heaven has called on us for action, operations and kingdom advancing works in the earth.

Jesus had to neutralised it completely and encourages us to operate by the exact same principles he did in the situation, he even indicates that we can be more adventurous and SPEAK TO MOUNTAINS ALSO.

This is MEAT and is not for sissies. Thanks.cheesy

5 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 6:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
So are you saying that Jesus was expecting figs in the tree in a no-figs season and he punished the fig for this?

Bidam:
Jesus does nothing except what the Father tells him to do. I believe the tree is symbolic representing anything that opposes, resists and does not flow with the timing and requirements of the kingdom of God at any point in time.

The mark account you quoted says it was not yet time for figs when Jesus made His incredible demand. Ofcos in the natural order it was not yet the time for productivity and birthing but in the Spirit there was a legitimate "now" demand from Jesus for fruit. That is why i agree with mbaemeka stance on active faith that is aggressive.

Sometimes the requirement of the Spirit is far ahead of the natural productivity on the earth.

The tree also represent human mentalities like yours that oppose the work of the Lord saying WOF is unscriptural and demonic. It can also represent even demonic strategies that resist the kingdom and insist there be no fruit, when already heaven has called on us for action, operations and kingdom advancing works in the earth.

Jesus had to neutralised it completely and encourages us to operate by the exact same principles he did in the situation, he even indicates that we can be more adventurous and SPEAK TO MOUNTAINS ALSO.

This is MEAT and is not for sissies. Thanks.cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
Candour, i endorse your post.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
[size=20pt]Who Will Be There for You in the Crises of Life? [/size] chapter 5, pages 107-109

Sooner or later, all of us experience some of the crises of life, and it's important to have somewhere to turn and to have caring people sustain us.
For example, what would you do if you were depending on a TV program to be your pastor and you ended up in the hospital with a serious illness? Who would come to pray for you and encourage you to trust in God?

What if one of your loved ones passed away? Could you call that TV preacher to come comfort you, help you make the final arrangements, and conduct the funeral? Would anyone prepare food and bring it to your house for those who were grieving with you?

What if your son or daughter wanted to get married? Who would provide the premarital counseling, minister to the wedding party, and perform the marriage ceremony? Would you be able to depend on your radio pastor or TV church to meet your needs?
Don't you count on it!

There are times when you want and need the presence and touch of real, live, flesh-and-blood people you can trust. You need the support and help of people who know and love you— family members.

Acts chapter 4 tells about an incident in the life of Peter and John that illustrates what I'm talking about. After speaking healing to a crippled beggar outside the temple in Jerusalem and preaching Jesus to the crowd that had gathered, Peter and John were arrested by the religious leaders and put in jail overnight. After being questioned and threatened, they finally were released.

What do you do when you've tried to help others and take a stand for the Lord only to be persecuted for your efforts? Where do you go when you've been put in jail overnight and then dumped out on the street? What did Peter and John do?

The Bible says, "And being let go, they went to their own company . . . " (Acts 4:23). They knew where to go when they got in trouble. They didn't go listen to tapes or read a book. They didn't listen to Brother Smith's radio broadcast or watch his TV program. They went to find the people who knew and loved them—fellow believers who shared their faith.

I believe Peter and John's "company" of friends gave them a place to take a bath and clean up and provided them with some clean clothes. Then they fixed them something to eat and listened while Peter and John told what had happened to them. Afterwards, they all prayed together until the Holy Ghost fell and shook the house. Then they continued to speak the Word of God with boldness (see Acts 4:31).

We all need our own company of believers, don't we? If we just stay home and listen to someone preach on radio or TV, we don't have any company! We need a place to go where we can find people of God. We need to meet together to support and help each other and to mobilize our resources to do God's work and carry out the Great Commission. That's why God tells us not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together in the local church (Heb. 10:25).

That's why it's more important to support your local church financially than to give anywhere else. Pay your tithes to your local church to help it carry out all its work and outreaches. Yes, there are other worthy ministries that are also deserving of your support. Don't leave them out; send offerings to assist their work as God blesses you and makes it possible for you to share.

As you follow this pattern, I believe God will use you to help bless your church and pastoral staff and to prosper other good men and women of God who are accomplishing great things for the Lord. And I also believe that God will meet all your needs and abundantly bless you—spiritually, physically, and materially. Only then will you experience the true meaning of prosperity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2014

How many church members have been blackmailed with the ''it is more blessed to give than to receive'' line when infact the first time it was relayed in the bible, Paul directed it to the elders (which must include pastors, bishops etc)?

Resources must flow from those that have to those that have not in the church. May God help us all to abide by this
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gombs,

Forgive me for my language upfront but I marvel sometimes at the shallow thinking of the leading WOF proponent, Hagin himself. Read the first few paragraph of chapter 5 and look at the lack of depth. J C Ryle used to say that if the teacher knows little, his learners will know nothing. That's the hopeless situation of WoF. Again forgive my expressions.

So the reason we go to church, etc, is to have people. Like the Yoruba will say, people are your cloth. We shouldn't fellowship with TV, etc. What simplistic thinking?

See, the Christian life is not do this or do that. The Christian is a born again child of God. He has God in him instructing him in righteousness. Preachers are simply reminders. God is his teacher. This is one error behind tithing. If Christianity is reduced to a system of do"s and don'ts, very soon you will have the following:

1. Steps to be taken to be born again. Confess... repeat after me... etc.
2. Go to church so you can have people.
3. Tithe, so God may prosper in your way.
4. Make sure you have a prophet over you.
5. And so on... the very things happening in these churches. The Holy Spirit is conveniently set aside until he needed to be used for tongues.

Christians should be better thinkers. We should not be at the level of babes, we should come up higher unto maturity.

If Hagin had taught his progenies properly, he would never had needed to write Midas Touch. The Holy Spirit would have taught them himself. But where you are devoid of the Spirit and another spirit operates... these are the things we find.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 7:45pm On Oct 31, 2014
^^
so, after reading through, this was your summary?
1. "So the reason we go to church, etc, is to have people."

2. Preachers are simply reminders.

Your opinions are duly noted smiley

4 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 7:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
nannymcphee:

At the point A & B got their healing, wasn't it "time" so what the fuss about no time being tied to harvest or harvest time??

Keep deluding yourself that all seeds sown(prayer, finances, time, love etc) can be harvested NOW, if one has great faith

The church didn't have faith when they prayed against Bokoharam?

so there wasn't one Christian with great faith that could sow seeds of prayer against Bokoharam at its incipient stage to have stopped it then?

Ebola nko, the kidnappings going on nko, what about the robberies? Bad governance nko? Haven't Christians been praying about all of these things? yet none had great faith to harvest an instant harvest of peace & health

showme someone who sowed anything in scriptures & reaped immediately(even the Hebrew hallmark of faith doesn't have any)

God wasn't put into the equation, it's just the individual's faith that is the determinant

Time didn't always exist! If you read the book of Genesis you would see when God created time. So God doesn't exist in time it is us humans that do. In God's mind there is no time. When a man asks God for A that was exactly when the man got it (but this is the truth that many like you are oblivious of). So the same man can wait till 5 years later and then say that was when God gave him the answer but that is untrue because God doesn't live in time. That's why Mr A can get a healing immediately and Mr B will wait for 5 years to get the same miracle.

Oh! If you could understand this you would know why that statement "Your miracle is on the way" is unnecessary. That miracle anyone desires can be instant but because of this wanton mixture of information many (even Christians) have subjected God to time and it is reflected in their prayers.

As per why the Bokoharam menace and what not haven't ceased since we began praying I have 2 things to say. The menace has stopped where I exist and I can only imagine what Nigeria will be like if other christians thought like me. In any case we are getting there. Secondly, with all the negativity, invectives and so-called mixtures concerning Nigeria it is not hard to see why we seem to be taking forward and backward steps. Moses faced the same issue with the children of Israel when they left Egypt. Moses will say A and they will ask for B. God will say 'say A' and the Israelites will be saying B that they learnt from Egypt. The bible says UNPERSUADABLENESS was their problem. It is the same with Nigerians today including some so-called Christians.

We would still be praying for them.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
.....and yes Hezekiah got an instant harvest. This is just off the top. I am sure you would find many if you only studied properly.

As long as the earth remains seedtime and harvest will not cease- God.

Which means the Harvest is not always predicated by time unlike seeds. I believe God's word.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
So Nigeria needs mbaemeka faith to fast track to first world? And the reason it hasn't is because he is Faith incarnate in a sea of negativity,invectives and so-called mixture? Smh

We have a convenient explanation for EVERY conceivable scenario. Pray and recieve instantly? That's Harvest. Pray and it delays 5 years? That's your level of faith. Pray and don't recieve? You had no faith or others pulled you down with their 'negativity,invectives and so-called mixture'. That's godess mbaemeka's utopia; he has more excuses than results. In fact excuses are his staple and of course this is pearl that shouldn't be thrown to swine for they will trod it underfoot

The reason The Trouble With Nigeria is as fresh as if it has just been penned is your escapist thinking and advanced PhD in excuses

mbaemeka:

Time didn't always exist! If you read the book of Genesis you would see when God created time. So God doesn't exist in time it is us humans that do. In God's mind there is no time. When a man asks God for A that was exactly when the man got it (but this is the truth that many like you are oblivious of). So the same man can wait till 5 years later and then say that was when God gave him the answer but that is untrue because God doesn't live in time. That's why Mr A can get a healing immediately and Mr B will wait for 5 years to get the same miracle.

Oh! If you could understand this you would know why that statement "Your miracle is on the way" is unnecessary. That miracle anyone desires can be instant but because of this wanton mixture of information many (even Christians) have subjected God to time and it is reflected in their prayers.

As per why the Bokoharam menace and what not haven't ceased since we began praying I have 2 things to say. The menace has stopped where I exist and I can only imagine what Nigeria will be like if other christians thought like me. In any case we are getting there. Secondly, with all the negativity, invectives and so-called mixtures concerning Nigeria it is not hard to see why we seem to be taking forward and backward steps. Moses faced the same issue with the children of Israel when they left Egypt. Moses will say A and they will ask for B. God will say 'say A' and the Israelites will be saying B that they learnt from Egypt. The bible says UNPERSUADABLENESS was their problem. It is the same with Nigerians today including some so-called Christians.

We would still be praying for them.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
Do you also subscribe to this BS of Jesus cursing and killing a tree for no fault of its own?
mbaemeka:
.....and yes Hezekiah got an instant harvest. This is just off the top. I am sure you would find many if you only studied properly.

As long as the earth remains seedtime and harvest will not cease- God.

Which means the Harvest is not always predicated by time unlike seeds. I believe God's word.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 8:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
Proverbs 11:11 MSG

When right-living people bless the city, it flourishes; evil talk turns it into a ghost town in no time.

Proverbs 11:11 KJV

By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted: but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked.

vooks:
So Nigeria needs mbaemeka faith to fast track to first world? And the reason it hasn't is because he is Faith incarnate in a sea of negativity,invectives and so-called mixture? Smh
We have a convenient explanation for EVERY conceivable scenario. Pray and recieve instantly? That's Harvest. Pray and it delays 5 years? That's your level of faith. Pray and don't recieve? You had no faith or others pulled you down with their 'negativity,invectives and so-called mixture'. That's godess mbaemeka's utopia; he has more excuses than results. In fact excuses are his staple and of course this is pearl that shouldn't be thrown to swine for they will trod it underfoot
The reason The Trouble With Nigeria is as fresh as if it has just been penned is your escapist thinking and advanced PhD in excuses

Some of us actually quote scriptures when we talk. We don't just mouth off whatever balderdash that pops into our minds.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
Mark 11:12-14 MSG

As they left Bethany the next day, he was hungry. Off in the distance he saw a fig tree in full leaf. He came up to it expecting to find something for breakfast, but found nothing but fig leaves. (It wasn’t yet the season for figs.) He addressed the tree: “No one is going to eat fruit from you again—ever!” And his disciples overheard him.

vooks:

Do you also subscribe to this BS of Jesus cursing and killing a tree for no fault of its own?

When the lord of Harvest comes to ask you what you have done with the talents he gave you. Please tell him it was not your time of harvest/ season to be fruitful etc. Let us hear his response to you.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 8:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
Fig trees produce fruit at specific times because God made them thus. Did Jesus destroy this tree for creating it thus? Answer that question in the fewest words
mbaemeka:

As they left Bethany the next day, he was hungry. Off in the distance he saw a fig tree in full leaf. He came up to it expecting to find something for breakfast, but found nothing but fig leaves. (It wasn’t yet the season for figs.) He addressed the tree: “No one is going to eat fruit from you again—ever!” And his disciples overheard him.

When the lord of Harvest comes to ask you what you have done with the talents he gave you. Please tell him it was not your time of harvest/ season to be fruitful etc. Let us hear his response to you.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
And Jericho and Ai couldn't go down with mere talk alone?
mbaemeka:
Proverbs 11:11 MSG

When right-living people bless the city, it flourishes; evil talk turns it into a ghost town in no time.

Proverbs 11:11 KJV

By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted: but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked.

Some of us actually quote scriptures when we talk. We don't just mouth off whatever balderdash that pops into our minds.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 10:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
mbaemeka:

*Standing Ovation

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Yooguyz: 11:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
I dunno why I keep having this feeling that the handle behind the moniker mbaemeka is a prominent Pastor in Nigeria.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 12:41am On Nov 01, 2014
Yooguyz:
I dunno why I keep having this feeling that the handle behind the moniker mbaemeka is a prominent Pastor in Nigeria.

I don't think he is, but I know he's a well seasoned teacher! He writes like he studied under Paul directly smiley . The Bereans has got nothing on him. You should see Nlmediator in WORDIOLOGY or WORDIOGRAPHY. cheesy

How have you been? Been a while bro!

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 5:05am On Nov 01, 2014
Did Jesus curse a tree for not having fruit outside the set time he created it to have fruit?

Looks like all of WOFers combined nobody has the cojones to answer this. This is the insincerity I been talking about, not owning up to your beliefs because you know they are damn absurd and can't stand scrutiny

Gombs:

*Standing Ovation
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 5:12am On Nov 01, 2014
He is a godess, a dyed-in-the-wool Christ Embassy Hooligan. He'd rather eat his wife's liver raw before contradicting Oyaks philosophy however stupid and wrong it is. If he is a pastor, it must be with Oyaks Gang

His most infamous claim is that he will live on earth as long as he wishes and Christ will have to prostrate himself before him and beg for permission to take him home. Another one is fetuses blood comes from the mother not the father. That's brainlessness magnified a trillion times. Thankfully am always here to keep him in check grin

Careful around the negro, he has wished me death in the most imaginative fashion, fatal car crash,suicide by poisoning...calling his BS gives him fits

Yooguyz:

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 5:33am On Nov 01, 2014
[size=20pt]A Mystery To The Angels [/size] ·

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him but little lower than God, And crownest him with glory and honor (Psalm 8:4-5 ASV).

I’m ever so awed by the wisdom and greatness of our God. To think that He’d choose us—the new creation—to be His partners in executing His master-plan of salvation for the world beggars the imagination. The greatest of it all, which the angels themselves are amazed at, is that this great God of glory would call us into fellowship with Himself through the Holy Spirit, and give us the Holy Spirit to live in us. The angels haven’t got over that yet; they’re still seeking to understand its implication.

The angels of God are glorious beings; they know who they are: they’re mighty, and excellent in glory, but they’re amazed at what God has done for and with us, because as glorious as they are, God doesn’t live in them. However, as "unworthy" as we were, He gave us a new life and made us His living tabernacles. This is a mystery to the angels; they don’t understand the reason for this yet. And guess what! God chose us to explain it to them.

Every time we preach Jesus, and teach about the Holy Spirit, the angels listen. They love it! Because it’s something they only know about from the Scripture, but they don’t have the experience; they don’t know what it’s like; so they hear it from us. Read this beautiful verse: "To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God" (Ephesians 3:10).

This is the Apostle Paul writing to the Church; we’re the ones from whom the principalities and powers in heavenly places get to know the mysteries of God, and His multifaceted wisdom. The Bible lets us know that the angels would have given anything to be in on this (1 Peter 1:12), but we’ve been chosen to explain the mysteries to them. Since this is part of our responsibilities as God’s children, it means we must know the Word, live in the Word, and live out the Word, as the expression of the living Word.

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/31#27626181

Happy new month all!
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 5:54am On Nov 01, 2014
Hooligan, plagiarist and now spammer

Gombs:
[size=20pt]A Mystery To The Angels [/size] ·

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him but little lower than God, And crownest him with glory and honor (Psalm 8:4-5 ASV).

I’m ever so awed by the wisdom and greatness of our God. To think that He’d choose us—the new creation—to be His partners in executing His master-plan of salvation for the world beggars the imagination. The greatest of it all, which the angels themselves are amazed at, is that this great God of glory would call us into fellowship with Himself through the Holy Spirit, and give us the Holy Spirit to live in us. The angels haven’t got over that yet; they’re still seeking to understand its implication.

The angels of God are glorious beings; they know who they are: they’re mighty, and excellent in glory, but they’re amazed at what God has done for and with us, because as glorious as they are, God doesn’t live in them. However, as "unworthy" as we were, He gave us a new life and made us His living tabernacles. This is a mystery to the angels; they don’t understand the reason for this yet. And guess what! God chose us to explain it to them.

Every time we preach Jesus, and teach about the Holy Spirit, the angels listen. They love it! Because it’s something they only know about from the Scripture, but they don’t have the experience; they don’t know what it’s like; so they hear it from us. Read this beautiful verse: "To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God" (Ephesians 3:10).

This is the Apostle Paul writing to the Church; we’re the ones from whom the principalities and powers in heavenly places get to know the mysteries of God, and His multifaceted wisdom. The Bible lets us know that the angels would have given anything to be in on this (1 Peter 1:12), but we’ve been chosen to explain the mysteries to them. Since this is part of our responsibilities as God’s children, it means we must know the Word, live in the Word, and live out the Word, as the expression of the living Word.

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/31#27626181

Happy new month all!

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:05am On Nov 01, 2014
vooks:
Hooligan, plagiarist and now spammer

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:10am On Nov 01, 2014
vooks:
[s]He is a godess, a dyed-in-the-wool Christ Embassy Hooligan. He'd rather eat his wife's liver raw before contradicting Oyaks philosophy however stupid and wrong it is. If he is a pastor, it must be with Oyaks Gang

His most infamous claim is that he will live on earth as long as he wishes and Christ will have to prostrate himself before him and beg for permission to take him home. Another one is fetuses blood comes from the mother not the father. That's brainlessness magnified a trillion times. Thankfully am always here to keep him in check grin

Careful around the negro, he has wished me death in the most imaginative fashion, fatal car crash,suicide by poisoning...calling his BS gives him fits
[/s]

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:14am On Nov 01, 2014
vooks:
Did Jesus curse a tree for not having fruit outside the set time he created it to have fruit?

Looks like all of WOFers combined nobody has the cojones to answer this. This is the insincerity I been talking about, not owning up to your beliefs because you know they are damn absurd and can't stand scrutiny

lipsrsealed
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 6:34am On Nov 01, 2014
Here we go again!
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:44am On Nov 01, 2014
trustman:
Here we go again!

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 01, 2014
vooks:
So are you saying that Jesus was expecting figs in the tree in a no-figs season and he punished the fig for this?

We are different in the way we see things in the bible, that is actually what you are seeing there. But what i see is simply a prayer of powerful command. Jesus used the tree as an example to tell us that the authoritative spoken command of faith to actual circumstances in the natural realm is only the other side of a dependent, requesting heart before God in the spiritual realm.

Most of Jesus sayings shouldn't be interpreted literally and that was why i told you the tree represent a symbol. Jesus just demonstrated THE POWER OF WORDS by speaking to the fig tree.

If you read vv22 of another translation it says "have the God kind of faith" or let God faith be your example.

Jesus said "whoever says"(command) will have what he verbalizes.

Jesus sayings is written in code in symbolic spiritual language( 1 cor2:13) and hidden in the scriptures( 1 cor 2:7).

Or do you literally interprete Jesus saying when He told his disciples to be on the look out against the YEAST of the pharisees and Sadducees to mean exactly that? If Jesus did not explained it to them in the preceding verse, how will they know?

Another example to buttress my point is when Jesus being thirsty spoke to the samaritan woman at the well to fetch him water to drink. How do you explain His claim to the samaritan woman that if she drinks of his water she would never thirst?

Mbaemeka just nailed it the more for you. Have you checked the parable Jesus made in Luke 13:6-8?? Tell us your interpretation of that parable.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 7:03am On Nov 01, 2014
Did Jesus curse an innocent tree to demonstrate His power? The evangelists spent a lot of ink on the tree so you should not ignore that. Jesus spotted it from afar off, it was full of leaves, Jesus approached it looking for figs,he finds nothing, curses it. And they are not done. The next day they find it dead.

Was the tree supposed to defy its Creator and produce fruit out of season as you commonly believe?

Human traditions are powerful and that's why Jesus censured Pharisee for voiding the word of God with them. This is not seeing things differently, it is a faulty traditional interpretation being regurgitated here as the truth. Jesus expected the tree to have fruits probably from the foliage (no wonder it is mentioned).
Unlike Gombs the plagiarist, I will be honest enough to quote my impeccable sources

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=11&article=1956
You may also want to see how other commentators treated the passage

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/mark/11-13.htm

That fig was supposed to have something edible but it didn't and Jesus rightfully cursed it. Puny brained theologians such as mbaemeka haplessly regurgitate the BS of Jesus destructive powers at display and they don't even notice it

PS: This is not a code but an actual ACT. You can't even begin decoding the significance behind it before you comprehend it.
1. Jesus is looking for fruit where he expects to find it.
2. Jesus is disappointed, there is no fruit
3. Jesus destroys that which was supposed to bear fruit but had none

How many times did Jesus censure unfruitfulness?

Bidam:
We are different in the way we see things in the bible, that is actually what you are seeing there. But what i see is simply a prayer of powerful command. Jesus used the tree as an example to tell us that the authoritative spoken command of faith to actual circumstances in the natural realm is only the other side of a dependent, requesting heart before God in the spiritual realm.

Most of Jesus sayings shouldn't be interpreted literally and that was why i told you the tree represent a symbol. Jesus just demonstrated THE POWER OF WORDS by speaking to the fig tree.

If you read vv22 of another translation it says "have the God kind of faith" or let God faith be your example.

Jesus said "whoever says"(command) will have what he verbalizes.

Jesus sayings is written in code in symbolic spiritual language( 1 cor2:13) and hidden in the scriptures( 1 cor 2:7).

Or do you literally interprete Jesus saying when He told his disciples to be on the look out against the YEAST of the pharisees and Sadducees to mean exactly that? If Jesus did not explained it to them in the preceding verse, how will they know?

Another example to buttress my point is when Jesus being thirsty spoke to the samaritan woman at the well to fetch him water to drink. How do you explain His claim to the samaritan woman that if she drinks of his water she would never thirst?

Mbaemeka just nailed it the more for you. Have you checked the parable Jesus made in Luke 13:6-8?? Tell us your interpretation of that parable.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 7:13am On Nov 01, 2014
Are you gay negro?
Gombs:

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 01, 2014
This are the kinds of baseless arguments, i never wanted to indulge with you this morning. I alreday did answer, your question and i expect you to answer mine. I treated the whole CONTEXT of Jesus teachings in that particular scripture, you quoted, i didn't just pick a verse and run mundanely with it like you are doing here.

vooks:
Did Jesus curse an innocent tree to demonstrate His power?
So in your little mind the tree was innocent? Did Jesus not preexist His birth, was He not the creator of the said tree?
The evangelists spent a lot of ink on the tree so you should not ignore that. Jesus spotted it from afar off, it was full of leaves, Jesus approached it looking for figs,he finds nothing, curses it. And they are not done. The next day they find it dead.
So stop regurtitating what did evangelists of old said and tell us YOUR OWN INTERPRETATION OF THAT VERSE. I remember you are the guy falsely accusing me of copying oyak which i never did.
Was the tree supposed to defy its Creator and produce fruit out of season as you commonly believe?
There was a legitimate demand from Jesus for fruit, just like i said earlier on. God doesn't exist in time. Jesus knew why He demanded for fruit when He visited the tree.

Human traditions are powerful and that's why Jesus censured Pharisee for voiding the word of God with them. This is not seeing things differently, it is a faulty traditional interpretation being regurgitated here as the truth. Jesus expected the tree to have fruits probably from the foliage (no wonder it is mentioned).
I didnt get this interpretation from anywhere , neither did i consult any so called evangelists of old to know what the word of God says. I prayerfully studied the verse of scripture ok?
Unlike Gombs the plagiarist, I will be honest enough to quote my impeccable sources
The way you attack folks erroneously with your bile and sentiments leaves much to be desired in the topic of discuss. You are not the only one with a different view on this forum, you cannot say me and Gombs agree on every doctrine in the Christian faith.
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=11&article=1956
You may also want to see how other commentators treated the passage

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/mark/11-13.htm
Leave the appolegtics aside and read the whole CONTEXT to see what Jesus is teaching you.
That fig was supposed to have something edible but it didn't and Jesus rightfully cursed it. Puny brained theologians such as mbaemeka haplessly regurgitate the BS of Jesus destructive powers at display and they don't even notice it
So are you against Jesus being judgemental to a tree that He requires it to produce fruit but it didn't. Are you a JW appologetic.
PS: This is not a code but an actual ACT.
Your opinions. I see the tree as a symbol. I don't curse trees mind you, if Jesus did that to drive home a spiritual principle, i am all for it.
You can't even begin decoding the significance behind it before you comprehend it.
Your comprehension concerning it is what? That Jesus defied God the Father to curse the fig? You are beginning to sound like an heretic here. If you do not understand a passage, let it rest and stop breeding heresies all over the place.
1. Jesus is looking for fruit where he expects to find it.
2. Jesus is disappointed, there is no fruit
3. Jesus destroys that which was supposed to bear fruit but had none

How many times did Jesus censure unfruitfulness?

Maybe you should look at the many times he censored unfruitfulness, when He gave people talents, in John 15:6, and the Luke account i gave you earlier on...there are so many scriptures concerning fruit bearings, i won't waste my time searching them for you. You go on that quest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.