Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (207820 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
I don't know why. Please educate this ignorant negro
Bidam:
Funny you are the chap equivocating here. Jesus travelling from bethany to Jerusalem finds a fig barren tree that cannot satify his needs, yet he cursed it...care to tell us why?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gombs:

smiley
You are way different! It takes humility to admit wrong, that my friend is commendable! Much respect sir! smiley

go sidon naughty Gombs grin if only you could have done same with our firstfruits discussion even with mbaemeka's exchanges with me on the issue.

On the placing of Gerar, you and Mba were right afterall. I'm happy sha that i was the only one who held that view. Even vooks wasn't saying the same thing as me. Freedom of thoughts even among 'allies' wink as against herd mentality.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:
God does. He makes seasons,times which are ideal for sowing. Man follows God's seasons/times or loses wink

Wrong..even in the natural order of biology man can still set the time for seed sowing with a constant sunlight. The rest are actually variables.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2014
Seed time and harvest time was not written for advanced Agriculture and green houses. They had to get their timing right or lose everything.

Planting and harvesting are NOT random events, you follow calendar and nature
Bidam:
Wrong..even in the natural order of biology man can still set the time for seed sowing with a constant sunlight. The rest are actually variables.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gombs:

smiley
You are way different! It takes humility to admit wrong, that my friend is commendable! Much respect sir! smiley

Obviously he's much different from you and Mbaemeka. I hope you'll learn from this. I don't need your response on this, just for you to have personal reflections on it.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 3:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
BabaGnoni:

OK, enough of the games Gombs is playing at here.

He had access to valuable and useful information but stored it away after hacking off the bit that suits him.

I wont paste a picture capture as the antispamBot currently behaves funny at that
- I am tempted to paste a screen shot capture but wont as the antispamBot will likely hide it and slap me with a posting ban again

What I will do is, leave the URL of the site from where you "copied and pasted, word for word" from, as seen repeated below, for your post:

"Up to this point, Isaac was going by formula. But when the Lord appeared to him, he said He did not want Isaac to go to Egypt, but rather to stay in Canaan and the Lord promised to bless him there (where famine was raging). The Lord was doing a different thing in Isaac's day than Abraham's and it was critical to flow with His plan. The same is true for every generation" - © Gombs

Chai!. Like "Baba", like "spiritual son". Xerox has nothing on you.
Gombs! I shift one of my cheeks for you. This behaviour resembles that of "Baba" you're just as lazy as the dada of WoF "Baba"
- Small time, will be coming here fronting and forming "intellect"

I read about Isaac's irrigation witty idea a few years ago, so I set out searching for it, as I wasn't on the laptop I bookmarked the site on, only to find Gombs has lifted some of the information off the site but stopped short on sharing the irrigation that made reaping in famine possible for Isaac

For anyone trying to get more understanding on how Isaac came about the IRRIGATION witty idea etcetera, the website has the full account.
- No point in me reinventing the wheel or rehashing the information here again

ISAAC SOWED IN FAMINE by Gary Carpenter
http://www.garycarpenter.org/teach1.html

Cry me a river! grin cheesy

God bless Gary Carpenter. Play the plagiarism card. Na you sabi.

What matter is that it stopped an error. Meanwhile, someone else quoted him, and I did... if you wanted me to put up references, then keep waiting grin

It was your studios nature and intellect that gave birth to Eve and... lipsrsealed
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gombs:

What matter is that it stopped an error. Meanwhile, someone else quoted him, and I did...
if you wanted me to put up references, then keep waiting grin
^^^
When breeze blow, fowl yansh go open nau"
- that one na sure banker

What you fail and do not want to acknowledge is the IRRIGATION (i.e. imported/foreign technology from Egypt) Isaac adopted.
You kept mum about that.
Oh sorry I take it back, as it seems you weren't aware of the IRRIGATION bit (i.e. you lifted your bit, word for word, off another person's)

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
Man can sow seeds anytime of the year taking into cognizance the climatic conditions. God sets the harvest time, i may agree with you that it may be predictable by man, let me also make another analogy of childbirth, doctors may know the expected date of delivery but not the Exact date of delivery. That is SET by God the Father, just as no one knows when the son of God will restore the kingdom to isreal but only the Father knows. We only know the season of the endtime but not the exact date. So also is harvest. Scripture records that can a nation be born in a day? For as soon as Zion travails she brought forth. We only apply Faith to the things of God, whether it is healing, finances, needs even salvation of souls, if it occurs now Glory to God, if it doesn't occur now, we water it with prayers and the Word of God until it becomes manifest by the SET time of God.Even Elijah had to be sure the seventh time by sending his servant when he was on his knees praying after there was no rain for 3 and a half yrs.
vooks:
God does not set the harvest time any more than he sets seed time. And I told Gombs, you are fond of equivocation, jumping from the literal to the spiritual,symbol.

Please before applying the symbol, can you try and comprehend it?
You don't plant ANY time of the year else you risk losing everything. Yes it is true man decides whether to plant or not but they got a brain ( most not ALL of them) and they know WHEN to plant. Is this clear?

The reason we have harvest and not harvest time IS NOT because God in Divine randomness decides when is harvest time, harvest is fairly predictable. What is not predictable is the returns on the investment. For each unit measure that you sow, how many measures do you get? It could be zero or a hundredfold. This is why Moses had Firstfruits, Freewill offerings and all

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
Candour:

go sidon naughty Gombs grin if only you could have done same with our firstfruits discussion even with mbaemeka's exchanges with me on the issue.

On the placing of Gerar, you and Mba were right afterall. I'm happy sha that i was the only one who held that view. Even vooks wasn't saying the same thing as me. Freedom of thoughts even among 'allies' wink as against herd mentality.

Thanks bro... I don sidon
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:

Seed time and harvest time was not written for advanced Agriculture and green houses. They had to get their timing right or lose everything.

Planting and harvesting are NOT random events, you follow calendar and nature
Crops are planted at different NOT the same times of the year. Are you the one to teach me biology again? why are you shifting the goal post na. You said seed time is not determined by man and i am telling you it's wrong.

PS: note that man did create time and calender to fit earth rotations and revolutions not God.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
BabaGnoni:

^^^
When breeze blow, fowl yansh go open nau"
- that one na sure banker

What you fail and do not want to acknowledge is the IRRIGATION (i.e. imported/foreign technology from Egypt) Isaac adopted.
You kept mum about that.
Oh sorry I take it back, as it seems you weren't aware of the IRRIGATION bit (i.e. you lifted your bit, word for word, off another person's)

I acknowledge the irrigation, it was not necessary to put up. The irritation helps vooks in understanding that there was actually a famine sef.

If not for irrigation, how the plants dem for grow? undecided
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2014
Let's drop equivocation please. Sowing and reaping as taught or understood by Paul had everything to do with plants. I humbly request we stick to this before throwing the kitchen sink into the mess. Focus.

Am the one who injected Genesis because I have heard it abused, and true enough, you,Gombs and mbaemeka fell for that hook,line,sinker and the raft grin grin

You are somewhat scared of your beliefs or what you have been taught about Genesis and you'd rather stick to shadows. To you, absence of 'time' after harvest is a source of doctrine which you won't expound on. I have insisted that absence of 'time' in Genesis means NOTHING. am still waiting to dispute this.

God has already set the harvest time in the seed sir! Man,through experience, knows exactly how long to the harvest. They don't wait indefinitely nor keep on checking whether there is a harvest. I repeat that it is God who gives increase, that is determines how much of the hrvest a farmer is to get. He blessed Isaac with a 100 times his investment whereas the norm was 30 to 60.

Biblical symbols or analogies when stretched much can leave the logical and dive into error/heresy. I know a woman who killed her boy and her defense what Paul's exhortation to offer living sacrifices
Bidam:
Man can sow seeds anytime of the year taking into cognizance the climatic conditions. God sets the harvest time[b], i may agree with you that it may be predictable by man[/b], let me also make another analogy of childbirth, doctors may know the expected date of delivery but not the Exact date of delivery. That is SET by God the Father, just as no one knows when the son of God will restore the kingdom to isreal but only the Father knows. We only know the season of the endtime but not the exact date. So also is harvest. Scripture records that can a nation be born in a day? For as soon as Zion travails she brought forth. We only apply Faith to the things of God, whether it is healing, finances, needs even salvation of souls, if it occurs now Glory to God, if it doesn't occur now, we water it with prayers and the Word of God until it becomes manifest by the SET time of God.Even Elijah had to be sure the seventh time by sending his servant when he was on his knees praying after there was no rain for 3 and a half yrs.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gombs:

What matter is that it stopped an error. Meanwhile, someone else quoted him, and I did... if you wanted me to put up references, then keep waiting grin

It was your studios nature and intellect that gave birth to Eve and... lipsrsealed

You edited your post, to just add that
The snide's too strong for you,
you couldn't resist it. Tut-tut-tut

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
Bidam:
Man can sow seeds anytime of the year taking into cognizance the climatic conditions. God sets the harvest time, i may agree with you that it may be predictable by man, let me also make another analogy of childbirth, doctors may know the expected date of delivery but not the Exact date of delivery. That is SET by God the Father, just as no one knows when the son of God will restore the kingdom to isreal but only the Father knows. We only know the season of the endtime but not the exact date. So also is harvest. Scripture records that can a nation be born in a day? For as soon as Zion travails she brought forth. We only apply Faith to the things of God, whether it is healing, finances, needs even salvation of souls, if it occurs now Glory to God, if it doesn't occur now, we water it with prayers and the Word of God until it becomes manifest by the SET time of God.Even Elijah had to be sure the seventh time by sending his servant when he was on his knees praying after there was no rain for 3 and a half yrs.

[KJV] Ecclesiastes 11:6 In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.

Now, let them use seasons and timings to interpret this one,.This shows that it's our job to sow, no matter what, like Isaac, not minding circumstances, this is spiritual principles in faith. Same was what Paul taught, sowing and reaping.

God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 4:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
BabaGnoni:

You edited your post, to just add that
The snide's too strong for you,
you couldn't resist it. Tut-tut-tut

Eyaa!

grin grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:
Let's drop equivocation please. Sowing and reaping as taught or understood by Paul had everything to do with plants. I humbly request we stick to this before throwing the kitchen sink into the mess. Focus.

Am the one who injected Genesis because I have heard it abused, and true enough, you,Gombs and mbaemeka fell for that hook,line,sinker and the raft grin grin

You are somewhat scared of your beliefs or what you have been taught about Genesis and you'd rather stick to shadows. To you, absence of 'time' after harvest is a source of doctrine which you won't expound on. I have insisted that absence of 'time' in Genesis means NOTHING. am still waiting to dispute this.

God has already set the harvest time in the seed sir! Man,through experience, knows exactly how long to the harvest. They don't wait indefinitely nor keep on checking whether there is a harvest. I repeat that it is God who gives increase, that is determines how much of the hrvest a farmer is to get. He blessed Isaac with a 100 times his investment whereas the norm was 30 to 60.

Biblical symbols or analogies when stretched much can leave the logical and dive into error/heresy. I know a woman who killed her boy and her defense what Paul's exhortation to offer living sacrifices
Like i said earlier giving in NT is reciprocal. Hagin understood it as sowing and reaping. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
This is wrong sir!
The reason crops are planted differently is because of God-set seasons. If seed time was determined by man, then man would have randomly distributed sowing times throughout the year for ANY crop but as it were, man's choice over the matter is limited by God-set seasons and he would do well to follow these. It is only recently that technology such as green houses are overcoming this.

Bidam:
Crops are planted at different NOT the same times of the year. Are you the one to teach me biology again? why are you shifting the goal post na. You said seed time is not determined by man and i am telling you it's wrong.

PS: note that man did create time and calender to fit earth rotations and revolutions not God.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 4:34pm On Oct 31, 2014
And you are yet to share with us what Paul reaped for all his time and money. Thank you!
Bidam:
Like i said earlier giving in NT is reciprocal. Hagin understood it as sowing and reaping. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 4:37pm On Oct 31, 2014
All I need in understanding scriptures is scriptures not conjecture.
Besides, irrigation increases productivity even in non-famine areas

Am waiting for you to apologize and withdraw your statement that I made a blunder OR demonstrate th blunder. Funny you salute humility in Candour but you lack that

Gombs:

I acknowledge the irrigation, it was not necessary to put up. The irritation helps vooks in understanding that there was actually a famine sef.

If not for irrigation, how the plants dem for grow? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:
This is wrong sir!
The reason crops are planted differently is because of God-set seasons. If seed time was determined by man, then man would have randomly distributed sowing times throughout the year for ANY crop but as it were, man's choice over the matter is limited by God-set seasons and he would do well to follow these. It is only recently that technology such as green houses are overcoming this.

God created seasons is different from God determines sowing of seeds. It is left for man to reason and determine it. Pls do take time to digest my posts before stating your conjectures, Thanks.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
Bidam:

Where exactly is God's providence in the above statement if the power or the formula to multiply is in my ability to sow?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:

And you are yet to share with us what Paul reaped for all his time and money. Thank you!
I have, go back the previous posts that trustman replied for you and your lame attempts at response.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

Where exactly is God's providence in the above statement if the power or the formula to multiply is in my ability to sow?
Welcome newcomer, did you actually follow the trend of discuss, or you are throwing a red herring at me. where did my post mention a formula? Remember we are discussing hagin's point on Pg 181. Did you read the book or are you just jumping into the debate?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2014
[size=20pt]3. Believers are called upon to be diligent in business.[/size]

All humans wether christian or pagan is enjoined to be hardworking. It is doubly important for the christian as we are expected to always be examples of all that is good and honourable. This admonition is in direct contrast to the lie being peddled by dishonest men in the pew who claim that giving (to them and their organisations of course) is the ONLY way to prosper.

Hagin said ''Believers cannot expect to prosper if they are not diligent and responsible in discharging their duties in life.

[size=20pt]4. Believers are called upon to be responsible toward their financial obligations.[/size]

Christians must be honourable honest people who meet their obligations as at when due. Christians shouldn't be among those who try to cheat the govt and society in terms of dues, taxes etc. It is unbecoming for Christians to try to cheat and deny their neighbours of their dues or rob the state but we see even Çhristian leaders'boast of doing same. Also Pastor's owing members and refusing to be mature and humble about it (Nannymcphee narrated her friend's story on a thread sometime ago)

[size=20pt]5. Believers have a duty to minister financially to those who have spiritually blessed them.[/size]

A lot of Christians need to change their mindset or improve it about this issue. The disciples Jesus sent out in Luke 10 were asked to receive sustenance from whoever was willing among those they ministered to. We must be willing to share with those who minister and need it. Also, In the scripture Hagin put up, we see apostle Paul take up a collection, not for pastors or bishops but for the poor members of the Jerusalem church who had also being a blessing in time past to the poor among them. This tells us that the minister, layman etc among us must receive support whenever the need arises.

Infact, a minister might be the one to assist needy members of his congregation. Paul exemplified this and even enjoined the Ephesian elders to do likewise

Acts 20:33-35
I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel.[34]Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me.[35]I have showed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, it is more blessed to give than to receive

How many church members have been blackmailed with the ''it is more blessed to give than to receive'' line when infact the first time it was relayed in the bible, Paul directed it to the elders (which must include pastors, bishops etc)?

Resources must flow from those that have to those that have not in the church. May God help us all to abide by this

[size=20pt]6. Ministers have a right to be supported financially by their work in the ministry. [/size]

This follows closely with point 5. People in ministry should be supported. You can't be living large and your leader is struggling to get by. but also, it's wrong for the mog to be swimming in luxuries while the flock are scrapping. We must learn to bear one another's burdens
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
Bidam:
Welcome newcomer, did you actually follow the trend of discuss, or you are throwing a red herring at me. where did my post mention a formula? Remember we are discussing hagin's point on Pg 181. Did you read the book or are you just jumping into the debate?

Must you always be on the defensive?

I have not read the book, I ask the question based on your statement and not Hagin's.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gombs:

[KJV] Ecclesiastes 11:6 In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.

Now, let them use seasons and timings to interpret this one,.This shows that it's our job to sow, no matter what, like Isaac, not minding circumstances, this is spiritual principles in faith. Same was what Paul taught, sowing and reaping.

God bless you bro
Thanks for this scripture bro.I am very much in tandem with the Spirit of God. cheesy
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

Must you always be on the defence?

I have not read the book, I ask the question based on your statement and not Hagin's.
I am not on the defense, my statement never mentioned a formula, Hagin had explained that, if you had cared to read what candour posted earlier. And pls i don't answer questions i do not understand and do not make scriptural sense. We have already agreed God is not a magician.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
Silly semantics.
1. Man decides WHEN to plant according to God-set seasons which rarely change so God sets seed-time
2. God sets harvest time IN the seeds

There is sowing and there is sowing time. There is also harvest and there is harvest time. Man does BOTH sowing and harvesting and this for the Agrarian Palestine happened at specific times in the year over which man has little control. But somebody is busy out of a beautiful verse in Genesis inventing a wild doctrine where man sows wherever wherever and whenever but is guaranteed INSTANT harvest ( provided he has sufficient faith as one of your goddesses claimed), the time of sowing being seed time while there be no need for set harvest time as it happens whenever he 'faiths' it

Isaac is propped as a shining example of this doctrine where there is actually no time you can't sow and reap since he sowed 'in famine'. This is why Isaac by all means MUST have sowed in famine and you won't be confused with facts by nobody grin

Jesus too cursed a tree for not bearing fruit out of season is an event you use to show that ANY time can be harvest time
So you can sow out of season and demand a harvest out of season....wonderful

Bidam:
God created seasons is different from God determines sowing of seeds. It is left for man to reason and determine it. Pls do take time to digest my posts before stating your conjectures, Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:
Silly semantics.
1. Man decides WHEN to plant according to God-set seasons which rarely change so God sets seed-time
2. God sets harvest time IN the seeds

There is sowing and there is sowing time. There is also harvest and there is harvest time. Man does BOTH sowing and harvesting and this for the Agrarian Palestine happened at specific times in the year over which man has little control. But somebody is busy out of a beautiful verse in Genesis inventing a wild doctrine where man sows wherever wherever and whenever but is guaranteed INSTANT harvest ( provided he has sufficient faith as one of your goddesses claimed), the time of sowing being seed time while there be no need for set harvest time as it happens whenever he 'faiths' it

Ok call it whatever your heart desires. i am done with you bro. cool You already confessed injecting that verse into the discuss, so what is the brouhaha here.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 5:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
Do you know why Jesus cursed a barren fig tree 'out of its season'?

Bidam:
Ok call it whatever your heart desires. i am done with you bro. cool You already confessed injecting that verse into the discuss, so what is the brouhaha here.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:
Do you know why Jesus cursed a barren fig tree out of its season?

If i tell you now, it will enter another long endless debate which i don't wanna engage with you. I do not have the luxury of time and that is what i was running away from, not because i couldn't attempt questions thrown at me.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
Walk with me and I will share right on. First, let's start with the verse(s)
Mark 11: 12-14 (KJV)
And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry: 13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. 14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.

Mark 11:20-24
(KJV) And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots. 21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away. 22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them

Jesus cursed the fig tree because it was fully green and as such he expected some fruits on it and moreso because it was not harvest time. He was disappointed and he cursed the barren tree.

Was Jesus wrong in expecting fruit from the tree 'out of season'? This is a common mistake you WOF guys make. The phrase 'time of figs we not yet' means that no man had harvested the tree! But I hear you aksin how the owner would be expected to harvest before harvest time, right?

Stick around for an explqnation
Bidam:
If i tell you now, it will enter another long endless debate which i don't wanna engage with you. I do not have the luxury of time and that is what i was running away from, not because i couldn't attempt questions thrown at me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.