Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (208219 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 4:56am On Nov 19, 2014
Next, is Candour CURSED because he does not tithe? Exactly what evil befalls you if you don't pay first fruits?

These guys are behaving like closet gays; at ease with their lifestyles in their privacy but too ashamed to come out

Candour:

My friend has gone through his past posts and seen that he can't deny he has himself used or seen Malachi 3 used against non tithers on NL some few times cheesy cheesy he has also discovered that oyaks his idol also knows how to put prophet Malachi to dangerous use. Its baffling that he was able to type longer posts at IPPC but had to wait till he gets to his hotel to type a 6 word post. He has discovered he can't hide anymore so the next thing is to become brazen about it cheesy cheesy

No my friend, i don't rob God.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 5:08am On Nov 19, 2014
vooks:
Next, is Candour CURSED because he does not tithe? Exactly what evil befalls you if you don't pay first fruits?

These guys are behaving like closet gays; at ease with their lifestyles in their privacy but too ashamed to come out

They've been lying that they don't issue curses on non tithers. They've been lying they don't preach tithe from Malachi 3. That's why I didn't bother disturbing myself proving anything to others but Gombs if he hadn't capitulated. I knew he wouldn't keep the lie for long when confronted with hard evidence wink my friend has only become more aggressive about it cheesy

This is the tactical distancing on display before our very eyes. Tithing by faith my foot.

As for first fruits, non compliance means HIV straight. Even image123 is in danger be that grin

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 5:25am On Nov 19, 2014
This is the empty bravado that nailed Joagbaje to the cross of his ignorance and naivety. He dared SirJohn too much. They were here daring you for evidence, they thought the more aggressive they got, the more you would be convinced there is nothing to prove.

One other thing you can never exact from image123 is his church if it is not CE. Reason is if he did and you dug for their teachings, Malachi curses not to mention first fruit would feature BIG. Gombs is cursed, he is Christ Embassy hooligan, can't deny it and we have enough publicly available garbage from there to construct their theology on these things

No different from closet gays cheesy

Candour:

They've been lying that they don't issue curses on non tithers. They've been lying they don't preach tithe from Malachi 3. That's why I didn't bother disturbing myself proving anything to others but Gombs if he hadn't capitulated. I knew he wouldn't keep the lie for long when confronted with hard evidence wink my friend has only become more aggressive about it cheesy

This is the tactical distancing on display before our very eyes. Tithing by faith my foot.

As for first fruits, non compliance means HIV straight. Even image123 is in danger be that grin

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 5:40am On Nov 19, 2014
vooks:
This is the empty bravado that nailed Joagbaje to the cross of his ignorance and naivety. He dared SirJohn too much. They were here daring you for evidence, they thought the more aggressive they got, the more you would be convinced there is nothing to prove.

One other thing you can never exact from image123 is his church if it is not CE. Reason is if he did and you dug for their teachings, Malachi curses not to mention first fruit would feature BIG. Gombs is cursed, he is Christ Embassy hooligan, can't deny it and we have enough publicly available garbage from there to construct their theology on these things

No different from closet gays cheesy

There are some here I don't bother with anymore. Its simply not worth it. If necessary, they'll deny their gender if it'll help their case.

Image isn't CE. He actually believes they're not shamefaced enough. He told nannymcphee that. He also believes a woman commits sin by wearing any kind of trousers because of Deut 22:5 and you know you can't divorce a CE babe (be it pastor, choir, everyone of them) from her trousers. Its primarily the money that ties image and CE together. I doubt he'll be comfortable sitting in a building surrounded by CE members because if female trousers rub him the wrong way, what will he do with the make-ups and mini skirts? He was even trying to tell oyaks to behave better on one of those divorce threads. I smiled when I saw it.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 6:29am On Nov 19, 2014
Interesting, very Kumuyi-esque.

There is not a single church that preaches tithing that shies away from Malachi carrot-and-stick approach; they all dangle 'open heaven' while wielding tags such as 'robbers' and 'devourer'

Candour:

There are some here I don't bother with anymore. Its simply not worth it. If necessary, they'll deny their gender if it'll help their case.

Image isn't CE. He actually believes they're not shamefaced enough. He told nannymcphee that. He also believes a woman commits sin by wearing any kind of trousers because of Deut 22:5 and you know you can't divorce a CE babe (be it pastor, choir, everyone of them) from her trousers. Its primarily the money that ties image and CE together. I doubt he'll be comfortable sitting in a building surrounded by CE members because if female trousers rub him the wrong way, what will he do with the make-ups and mini skirts? He was even trying to tell oyaks to behave better on one of those divorce threads. I smiled when I saw it.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 7:00am On Nov 19, 2014
Candour:

My friend has gone through his past posts and seen that he can't deny he has himself used or seen Malachi 3 used against non tithers on NL some few times cheesy cheesy he has also discovered that oyaks his idol also knows how to put prophet Malachi to dangerous use. Its baffling that he was able to type longer posts at IPPC but had to wait till he gets to his hotel to type a 6 word post. He has discovered he can't hide anymore so the next thing is to become brazen about it cheesy cheesy

No my friend, i don't rob God.

Bobo, I was tired last night. Since you don't rob God...fine. me I will tithe, till Jesus come
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 7:10am On Nov 19, 2014
Gombs:

Bobo, I was tired last night. Since you don't rob God...fine. me I will tithe, till Jesus come

cheesy cheesy cheesy

That was never in dispute my friend and I won't begrudge you that right. The bone of contention was the tactical distancing from Malachi employed in recent times and the shameful bare faced denial of same. Now that we've cleared that up, we all can go back to default mode; you cursing non tithers and we laughing at you and the curses wink

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 7:23am On Nov 19, 2014
Gombs:

More like, I have locked my mind from biblical truth, I like this darkness and I will forever conform to it no matter the transformation messages of truth christ present, I will not change.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 7:40am On Nov 19, 2014
Gombs:

Heheheheheh

You aren't ashamed of yourself? You want me to show you how you manipulated my post? Are you blind, bro? I do not need excuses if I don't want to discuss, if I don't want to, I say it plainly.

About tithing, You don't want to give to the work of ministry and support of ministers, you are robbing God.............like it or not, you are a robber! cheesy

A Crooked one grin

You and your band are yet to provide one verse in the Bible that condemned tithing, until you do, I don't expect myself to discuss tithing further.

If you have nothing to say on your allegation then forever hold your peace. 

At least you've come out plainly on the side of your 'heroes' on the Malachi curse issue. 

I hope you don't end your compliance only at Malachi 3. Notice what Malachi 4:4 said: ""Remember the law of my servant Moses, the statutes and rules that I commanded him at Horeb for all Israel." I hope you follow all that Moses stipulated as to HOW to tithe and the other regulations. If not, you walk in disobedience to this verse and may actually be the robber who robs God of ALL that He expects you to give to Him. 
As for me, I hide myself in Christ cheesy

BTW, you may not find one verse that DIRECTLY condemned most of what Moses gave; if you are looking for such a verse to justify anything. BUT do you do all that Moses stipulated, apart from the things that you guys have interpreted to be giving of money? Do you? Can you give an honest answer to this?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 7:46am On Nov 19, 2014
@Trustman

I have a little gripe for your request to Gombs. The man has clearly proved he will remain dishonest, yet you seek for an honest response from him. When exactly are we going to accept Gombs for who he is?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 8:18am On Nov 19, 2014
Pot calling kettle black.
You displayed ignorance and illogical unscriptural theories of unknown tongue vs tongues yet when faced with truth,you hide behind irrelevancies. You are the most dishonest debater on NL and am reeling in shock that you have the guts to call others dishonest.
shdemidemi:
@Trustman

I have a little gripe for your request to Gombs. The man has clearly proved he will remain dishonest, yet you seek for an honest response from him. When exactly are we going to accept Gombs for who he is?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 8:23am On Nov 19, 2014
vooks:
Pot calling kettle black.
You displayed ignorance and illogical unscriptural theories of unknown tongue vs tongues yet when faced with truth,you hide behind irrelevancies. You are the most dishonest debater on NL and am reeling in shock that you have the guts to call others dishonest.

Hahahaha.. Guess you are still hurt, I know truth hurts bro. You are probably finding it difficult to accept the truth, take it out on the book pal. grin

When you are ready to face your fears of hearing more of God's word concerning tongues and unknown tongues, you will go answer my pending questions on your thread.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 8:37am On Nov 19, 2014
I weep for you, it hurts that you are so set in delusions. wink

Prophecy update; In the next thirty years, Corinthians won't even be spiritual giants, they will be patriarchs compared to you cheesy

Now, go back and hide behind somebody's skirts lest some demons beat you up and you are powerless to resist them since New Testament was completed in 96AD
shdemidemi:

Hahahaha.. Guess you are still hurt, I know truth hurts bro. You are probably finding it difficult to accept the truth, take it out on the book pal. grin

When you are ready to face your fears of hearing more of God's word concerning tongues and unknown tongues, you will go answer my pending questions on your thread.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 8:53am On Nov 19, 2014
vooks:
I weep for you, it hurts that you are so set in delusions. wink

Prophecy update; In the next thirty years, Corinthians won't even be spiritual giants, they will be patriarchs compared to you cheesy

Now, go back and hide behind somebody's skirts lest some demons beat you up and you are powerless to resist them since New Testament was completed in 96AD

grin grin grin

You remind me of a certain man called saul, he was such a roaring bull. Keep fighting for the relevance of your (jargons)tongues in ignorance.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 19, 2014
shdemidemi:

grin grin grin

You remind me of a certain man called saul, he was such a roaring bull. Keep fighting for the relevance of your (jargons)tongues in ignorance.

I beg to differ here, you are the guy ignorant not your friend vooks. Did you actually read the book on skeptics guide to tongues he showed you?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 9:10am On Nov 19, 2014
Bidam:
I beg to differ here, you are the guy ignorant not your friend vooks. Did you actually read the book on skeptics guide to tongues he showed you?

lol... When he is ready we can discuss the book but if he prefers his present 'saul' approach I have nothing to say about the issue of tongues. You are also well known for your pungent dishonesty so I am not ready to go into the topic with you either.

You remain my virtual boss all the same grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 19, 2014
shdemidemi:

lol... When he is ready we can discuss the book but if he prefers his present 'saul' approach I have nothing to say about the issue of tongues. You are also well known for your pungent dishonesty so I am not ready to go into the topic with you either.

Dishonesty you say Pls show me where. Why are you sounding hypocritical this morning mr self righteous honest man?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 9:26am On Nov 19, 2014
My brother, that book is not up for discussion. Read, hate it ,trash it, it is all up to you really. I regard it as a gem and because I care,I shared it with everyone.

Once again, I dealt your tongues vs tongue theory a fatal blow. You were petrified. A few days later and on an unrelated thread I post something and you raise questions and make them a CONDITION for responding to my eloquent rebuttal. I saw through your shenanigans. I granted you whatever definition you want for WORKS and GRACE and even when GRACE started. The reason is simple; if we are in total agreement on GRACE and WORKS, we have nothing to debate over the same. With that out of the way, you have no excuse for ignoring my rebuttal. But you are still avoiding it. The only conclusion I can draw is you are being the typical you; running around in circles to obfuscate your inability to defend your tongue vs tongues theory.

I have counseled you before. If you want to get anything meaningful out of a discussion, FOCUS. You see it in Jesus,Paul,Peter and so forth. If you have ever preached in your life, you would know this; nothing disconnects a minister from his audience than disjointed thoughts. We are discussing tongues and the next second you are analyzing Corinthians maturity then next second you are into bible translations. This is not wisdom or intelligence.This is confusion incarnate

Disjointed/confused thoughts means nothing ever gets serious attention. For this, your prejudices,traditions and ignorance will remain with/in you for the next 30 years

shdemidemi:

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 9:26am On Nov 19, 2014
Bidam:
Dishonesty you say Pls show me where. Why are you sounding hypocritical this morning mr self righteous honest man?

what is it about the 'show me' 'show me' you lot ask these days? I am not showing you nothing my friend. you are free to repudiate what I say, after all I could be wrong but take stock of all you say on this forum and make a sincere judgement. Whatever you think after that is what matter not what anyone says.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 19, 2014
shdemidemi:

what is it about the 'show me' 'show me' you lot ask these days? I am not showing you nothing my friend. you are free to repudiate what I say, after all I could be wrong but take stock of all you say on this forum and make a sincere judgement. Whatever you think after that is what matter not what anyone says.
If it's on the malachi thread, you re dead wrong bro. my reply to vooks was that i have not seen any so far, not that i have not heard tales of it peddled by your ilks. Maybe you guys have a problem with comprehension.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 9:35am On Nov 19, 2014
vooks:
My brother, that book is not up for discussion. Read, hate it ,trash it, it is all up to you really. I regard it as a gem and because I care,I shared it with everyone.

Once again, I dealt your tongues vs tongue theory a fatal blow. You were petrified. A few days later and on an unrelated thread I post something and you raise questions and make them a CONDITION for responding to my eloquent rebuttal. I saw through your shenanigans. I granted you whatever definition you want for WORKS and GRACE and even when GRACE started. The reason is simple; if we are in total agreement on GRACE and WORKS, we have nothing to debate over the same. With that out of the way, you have no excuse for ignoring my rebuttal. But you are still avoiding it. The only conclusion I can draw is you are being the typical you; running around in circles to obfuscate your inability to defend your tongue vs tongues theory.

I have counseled you before. If you want to get anything meaningful out of a discussion, FOCUS. You see it in Jesus,Paul,Peter and so forth. If you have ever preached in your life, you would know this; nothing disconnects a minister from his audience than disjointed thoughts. We are discussing tongues and the next second you are analyzing Corinthians maturity then next second you are into bile translations. This is not wisdom or intelligence.This is confusion incarnate

Disjointed/confused thoughts means nothing ever gets serious attention. For this, your prejudices,traditions and ignorance will be with you for the next 30 years

You remind me of an old Mba Emeka. To the man's credit he has changed his approach of presenting his ideas of the gospel. You are taken this whole 'me, myself and I' gratification to a level lucifer himself will covet and aspire. When you are ready come with the book and discuss, not before you answer my pending questions though.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 9:36am On Nov 19, 2014
Bidam:
If it's on the malachi thread, you re dead wrong bro. my reply to vooks was that i have not seen any so far, not that i have not heard tales of it peddled by your ilks. Maybe you guys have a problem with comprehension.

May be.. We will work on it bro. Just make sure you do the needful.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 19, 2014
shdemidemi:

May be.. We will work on it bro. Just make sure you do the needful.
Oga, what needful?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 9:58am On Nov 19, 2014
Now my brother,
you are shifting goalposts.
I posted the book yesterday (have you read it yet?), my rebuttal to your theory was last week or so and your questions were yesterday.

How can response to a week(s) old rebuttal be pegged on
1. my readiness
2. the book I shared yesterday, and
3. Questions you raised yesterday?

Before I posted the book or you raised the questions, what kept you from responding?

Once again, let me eliminate all your excuses;
1. I have always been ready to discuss and in fact, I was born ready wink
2. I have nothing to discuss on the book and I certainly never put it up for discussion but you are free to raise any questions you want
3. I have already given you answers to your three questions. Here they are again; your guesses are as good as mine as far as GRACE,WORKS and initiating of GRACE is concerned. Whatever you say about them I will work with that

Now, could you please respond to my rebuttal?
https://www.nairaland.com/1957135/midas-touch-balanced-approach-biblical/63#27947680
shdemidemi:

You remind me of an old Mba Emeka. To the man's credit he has changed his approach of presenting his ideas of the gospel. You are taken this whole 'me, myself and I' gratification to a level lucifer himself will covet and aspire. When you are ready come with the book and discuss, not before you answer my pending questions though.

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 10:05am On Nov 19, 2014
When you are ready to discuss as one who is sensible, trust me to oblige.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 10:09am On Nov 19, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1957135/midas-touch-balanced-approach-biblical/63#27947680

Could you please respond to this?
shdemidemi:
When you are ready to discuss as one who is sensible, trust me to oblige.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 10:16am On Nov 19, 2014
vooks:

Could you please respond to this?

No bro, I won't. Take off the chip on your shoulders by answering my questions, only then shall we have a reason to parley like adults and more importantly like christians.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 10:21am On Nov 19, 2014
I believe whatever you believe about GRACE,WORKS and 'initiation' of GRACE. You can take that answer or this one, I have no opinion on the same, that is I don't know wink

Now,could you please respond to this rebuttal seeing we have eliminated all your excuses?
shdemidemi:

No bro, I won't. Take off the chip on your shoulders by answering my questions, only then shall we have a reason to parley like adults and more importantly like christians.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 10:28am On Nov 19, 2014
vooks:
I believe whatever you believe about GRACE,WORKS and 'initiation' of GRACE. You can take that answer or this one, I have no opinion on the same, that is I don't know wink

Now,could you please respond to this rebuttal seeing we have eliminated all your excuses?

May be when I stop acknowledging your post your arrogant conduct will be appropriately shaped. Go and do what you have been asked to do my dear friend and we can move forward from there.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 10:35am On Nov 19, 2014
My brother,
EVERY excuse you put for responding to my rebuttal has been effectively obliterated.

here is the rebuttal;

What is your response/excuse for not responding to it?
shdemidemi:

May be when I stop acknowledging your post your arrogant conduct will be appropriately shaped. Go and do what you have been asked to do my dear friend and we can move forward from there.

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2014
I would like to get a few things out of the way before I hibernate again.

1. CE does not teach that if you don't give your tithe or firstfruits sicknesses or diseases will come upon you. I have never heard it taught in any service by the most senior Pastor. So that goes for all the mentions WRT that.

2. Someone could begin a group on Facebook and attempt to rehash everything the Pastor said on a teaching. It doesn't mean the person will do so perfectly. We are all guilty of sometimes superimposing our own thoughts into any message we listen to. That's why Jesus said "be careful how you hear". Some people heard him talk about his body and they concluded that he encouraged cannibalism so they abandoned him. Even on this thread we have seen 2 people from the same 'Church' argue about their understanding of the same teaching by one Pastor. It is all a function of one's ability to listen and then understand.

3. Image asked for a thread where the supposed Tithers of NL invoked curses or called cursed those in the ilk of antitithers. It doesn't relate to importing links from Pastors who made such teachings outside NL. Notwithstanding, I have seen the links and I will give my own interpretations and position on the issues raised. Let me also add at this juncture that I saw no curses from any of the said Pastors. But I will delve further just to ensure I am not defending the indefensible.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 1:44pm On Nov 19, 2014
First of all, it might interest some of you to know that Reverend Chris didn't always believe in tithing. As the first son in the line of many pastors across generations he gave tithes in obedience to the teachings he received in AG but when he became a Pastor himself in the late 70s and early 80s he taught members of his then church on the out-datedness of tithing. He believed it had been done away with by the ushering in of the NT and he taught so to all and sundry. He also taught on the fear factor that he was sold on while in AG into tithing. The Pastors always made references to curses for not doing so and he responded to such fear. Subsequently, as he began to study further by the instructions of the Holy Spirit he saw the importance and scriptural basis behind tithing and he has taught so ever since to tremendous results.

Now I said all that to say this: it is not impossible that at the earliest stages of his teaching on these things maybe he still infused a part of the fear factor that he got from his time in AG. I am saying this because the link referred to audios and tapes which means this had to be a long time ago. I can say without flinching that I have never heard him relate non-tithers to any curse neither have I seen him teach such in the last 15 years. So it is very possible that the folks who decided to re teach the issues on Facebook used old tapes or maybe they just infused their own ideas into it.

But just like he said one who doesn't tithe is setting up the persons self for financial strangulation and that is not a curse. That is just explaining the consequences of someone's actions or inactions to them. For example, when God told Adam that if he ate from the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil he will surely die. God wasn't placing a curse on Adam. He was simply showing him the consequences of his disobedience. In the real sense what God did to Adam was a form of tithes because he allowed him to eat from every other Tree but he instructed him to leave that Tree untouched and Adam disobliged and faced the consequences.

It is the same way God told the Israelites to use the blood of a lamb to mark the doorposts and lintels so that the destroyer will passover them. Sure, the children of Israel were God's people and he was trying to protect them. But if anyone of them had mistakenly forgotten to mark his doorposts with the blood of the lamb, he would have lost his first child and God would not have been to blame as he had already told them what to do to negate the effects of the destroyer. God placed no curse on anyone of them.

If I say to my child make sure you look closely before crossing the road or else you would be knock down by a vehicle I am only giving instructions with the adjoining consequences of flouting such instructions. I am not placing a curse on my child. We all have agreed from the scriptures that we live in a fallen world that is being run by the devil whose sole aim is to kill, steal and DESTROY. Now Satan wants to destroy the whole of mankind but even more so us christians because we have opted to follow the very way that he wants nobody to follow. This destroyer is similar to the one who went about the camp slaying the firstborn of the Egyptians. Remember, he didn't go there to destroy just them, he wanted to destroy all but the blood was the security policy for the initiated. That is the same way tithes is a financial security policy for us christians. When we give it, we give God the leeway to protect our finances for us. Those who do not give it are only saying they can manage their finances themselves and they are allowed that. The problem is when that destroyer comes to their doorposts, God will not be able to rebuke him on their behalf and the reason is simple: because they told him they can do it on their own. So I am not amiss if I say such a person is setting up himself for financial strangulation and I am not placing a curse on him.

As per the firstfruits, I will have to do more investigations to be certain Rev Chris said "God will take it from you it you do not give". I have never heard him say so. My understanding of the principle of firstfruits is on this thread and it is all in relation to my putting God first. I have never seen it as something I had to do nullify any curse of any sort as what anyone calls firstfruits can be subjective even from the bible. I have a Pastor friend who gave his first year (not month but year) salary as his firstfruits. I never did so and I have never heard him teach so as a doctrine of any sort. I actually cringed to see that statement on that Facebook post and I will do well to investigate it thoroughly to be certain that those words were used. I however strongly believe that it is not the case.

Sorry for my epistle. I might make corrections if need be.

Back to hibernating.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (103) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.