Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,635 members, 7,827,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (208199 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
mbaemeka,
1. Oyaks says God will come for the first fruits if you don't give it and EVIL will come your way. This is Rhapsodies so the theme is highly abridged. Any Idea where we can get the entire CE position or a substantial portion of the same? It is obvious that members would be least forthcoming on doctrines that are questionable and potentially embarrassing. In short, they won't blast away their feet with a sawed off shotgun

2. One of the links is from a guy who attended Oyaks COnference/Convention. As such, his post may/may not be CE position on tithing. You would do well to go beyond defending CE by referring us to the official position on this issue over and above giving your opinion on the same. CE is Oyaks empire and I trust that his teachings are CE position. So any book,video or audio clip will do

3. Seventh Day Adventists believe going to church on Saturday is the Mark of the Beast and Roman Catholicism is the Beast or something. Individual members will sweat before they tell you this in your face. This does not mean they don't believe these things. If no curses and Devourers are unleashed by Image123 on those who don't tithe, it does not mean that those curses are NEVER invoked. So the most important thing is not whether image and his gang said so or not. The debate is not about their presentation of the doctrine on NL but the exercise of the same among the evangelicals. All that is required of the tithing crew is to denounce the pronouncing of them curses or to affirm they stand by them. They are hopeless fence sitters on this; they do neither for obvious reasons

On the highlighted, I salute your honesty and I look forward to the same on these matters

Shalom my broda

mbaemeka:
I would like to get a few things out of the way before I hibernate again.

1. CE does not teach that if you don't give your tithe or firstfruits sicknesses or diseases will come upon you. I have never heard it taught in any service by the most senior Pastor. So that goes for all the mentions WRT that.

2. Someone could begin a group on Facebook and attempt to rehash everything the Pastor said on a teaching. It doesn't mean the person will do so perfectly. We are all guilty of sometimes superimposing our own thoughts into any message we listen to. That's why Jesus said "be careful how you hear". Some people heard him talk about his body and they concluded that he encouraged cannibalism so they abandoned him. Even on this thread we have seen 2 people from the same 'Church' argue about their understanding of the same teaching by one Pastor. It is all a function of one's ability to listen and then understand.

3. Image asked for a thread where the supposed Tithers of NL invoked curses or called cursed those in the ilk of antitithers. It doesn't relate to importing links from Pastors who made such teachings outside NL. Notwithstanding, I have seen the links and I will give my own interpretations and position on the issues raised. Let me also add at this juncture that I saw no curses from any of the said Pastors. But I will delve further just to ensure I am not defending the indefensible.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
mbaemeka:
I would like to get a few things out of the way before I hibernate again.

1. CE does not teach that if you don't give your tithe or firstfruits sicknesses or diseases will come upon you. I have never heard it taught in any service by the most senior Pastor. So that goes for all the mentions WRT that.

2. Someone could begin a group on Facebook and attempt to rehash everything the Pastor said on a teaching. It doesn't mean the person will do so perfectly. We are all guilty of sometimes superimposing our own thoughts into any message we listen to. That's why Jesus said "be careful how you hear". Some people heard him talk about his body and they concluded that he encouraged cannibalism so they abandoned him. Even on this thread we have seen 2 people from the same 'Church' argue about their understanding of the same teaching by one Pastor. It is all a function of one's ability to listen and then understand.

3. Image asked for a thread where the supposed Tithers of NL invoked curses or called cursed those in the ilk of antitithers. It doesn't relate to importing links from Pastors who made such teachings outside NL. Notwithstanding, I have seen the links and I will give my own interpretations and position on the issues raised. Let me also add at this juncture that I saw no curses from any of the said Pastors. But I will delve further just to ensure I am not defending the indefensible.

God bless you a plenty. It appears an evil spirit of dishonesty is connected to these set of people.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
mbaemeka:
First of all, it might interest some of you to know that Reverend Chris didn't always believe in tithing. As the first son in the line of many pastors across generations he gave tithes in obedience to the teachings he received in AG but when he became a Pastor himself in the late 70s and early 80s he taught members of his then church on the out-datedness of tithing. He believed it had been done away with by the ushering in of the NT and he taught so to all and sundry. He also taught on the fear factor that he was sold on while in AG into tithing. The Pastors always made references to curses for not doing so and he responded to such fear. Subsequently, as he began to study further by the instructions of the Holy Spirit he saw the importance and scriptural basis behind tithing and he has taught so ever since to tremendous results.

Now I said all that to say this: it is not impossible that at the earliest stages of his teaching on these things maybe he still infused a part of the fear factor that he got from his time in AG. I am saying this because the link referred to audios and tapes which means this had to be a long time ago. I can say without flinching that I have never heard him relate non-tithers to any curse neither have I seen him teach such in the last 15 years. So it is very possible that the folks who decided to re teach the issues on Facebook used old tapes or maybe they just infused their own ideas into it.

But just like he said one who doesn't tithe is setting up the persons self for financial strangulation and that is not a curse. That is just explaining the consequences of someone's actions or inactions to them. For example, when God told Adam that if he ate from the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil he will surely die. God wasn't placing a curse on Adam. He was simply showing him the consequences of his disobedience. In the real sense what God did to Adam was a form of tithes because he allowed him to eat from every other Tree but he instructed him to leave that Tree untouched and Adam disobliged and faced the consequences.

It is the same way God told the Israelites to use the blood of a lamb to mark the doorposts and lintels so that the destroyer will passover them. Sure, the children of Israel were God's people and he was trying to protect them. But if anyone of them had mistakenly forgotten to mark his doorposts with the blood of the lamb, he would have lost his first child and God would not have been to blame as he had already told them what to do to negate the effects of the destroyer. God placed no curse on anyone of them.

If I say to my child make sure you look closely before crossing the road or else you would be knock down by a vehicle I am only giving instructions with the adjoining consequences of flouting such instructions. I am not placing a curse on my child. We all have agreed from the scriptures that we live in a fallen world that is being run by the devil whose sole aim is to kill, steal and DESTROY. Now Satan wants to destroy the whole of mankind but even more so us christians because we have opted to follow the very way that he wants nobody to follow. This destroyer is similar to the one who went about the camp slaying the firstborn of the Egyptians. Remember, he didn't go there to destroy just them, he wanted to destroy all but the blood was the security policy for the initiated. That is the same way tithes is a financial security policy for us christians. When we give it, we give God the leeway to protect our finances for us. Those who do not give it are only saying they can manage their finances themselves and they are allowed that. The problem is when that destroyer comes to their doorposts, God will not be able to rebuke him on their behalf and the reason is simple: because they told him they can do it on their own. So I am not amiss if I say such a person is setting up himself for financial strangulation and I am not placing a curse on him.

As per the firstfruits, I will have to do more investigations to be certain Rev Chris said "God will take it from you it you do not give". I have never heard him say so. My understanding of the principle of firstfruits is on this thread and it is all in relation to my putting God first. I have never seen it as something I had to do nullify any curse of any sort as what anyone calls firstfruits can be subjective even from the bible. I have a Pastor friend who gave his first year (not month but year) salary as his firstfruits. I never did so and I have never heard him teach so as a doctrine of any sort. I actually cringed to see that statement on that Facebook post and I will do well to investigate it thoroughly to be certain that those words were used. I however strongly believe that it is not the case.

Sorry for my epistle. I might make corrections if need be.

Back to hibernating.

@the bolded, Is there anyway for a honest human being to preach tithing to a christian from Malachi 3:8-11 without the fear factor?

Malachi 3:8-9 KJV
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. [9] Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

That verse above says those who don't pay their tithes (whether levites or other tribes is irrelevant for now) have robbed (past tense) God and are already cursed. Any other interpretation is window dressing.

Do you think that scripture above applies to a Christian saved by the blood of Christ today?

6 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 5:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
Deuteronomy 27:26 KJV

Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Remember Tithes begun before the law and when the Law came, God put it into the law then he said anyone who didn't obey all the words of the law was cursed, so that he repeated it again in Malachi 3 is a given.

Christ came and redeemed us from the curse of law but the blessings of the law remained intact. So I can always go back to the law to be reminded of the blessings that I know now belong to me.

Personally, I don't go to Malachi 3 to force anyone to give. Rather I go there to be reminded of the blessings that God promised I would have for giving the tithes. In that chapter he said he would open the windows of heaven; pour out a blessing; rebuke the devourer etc. I don't bother looking at the "curses" because no christian is cursed. However, I can also say to a fellow christian, "Brother, you are missing out on this and that if you don't tithe". If he says he is okay that way then that is fine by me.

Candour:

@the bolded, Is there anyway for a honest human being to preach tithing to a christian from Malachi 3:8-11 without the fear factor?
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. [9] Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

That verse above says those who don't pay their tithes (whether levites or other tribes is irrelevant for now) have robbed (past tense) God and are already cursed. Any other interpretation is window dressing.
Do you think that scripture above applies to a Christian saved by the blood of Christ today?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
mbaemeka:
Deuteronomy 27:26 KJV

Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Remember Tithes begun before the law and when the Law came, God put it into the law then he said anyone who didn't obey all the words of the law was cursed, so that he repeated it again in Malachi 3 is a given.

Christ came and redeemed us from the curse of law but the blessings of the law remained intact. So I can always go back to the law to be reminded of the blessings that I know now belong to me.

Personally, I don't go to Malachi 3 to force anyone to give. Rather I go there to be reminded of the blessings that God promised I would have for giving the tithes. In that chapter he said he would open the windows of heaven; pour out a blessing; rebuke the devourer etc. I don't bother looking at the "curses" because no christian is cursed. However, I can also say to a fellow christian, "Brother, you are missing out on this and that if you don't tithe". If he says he is okay that way then that is fine by me.

See the scripture I quoted

Do you think a christian who doesn't pay tithe is a robber? If he's a robber, do you agree he's a sinner? If he's a robber, on whose authority are you waving the curse?

If devourers can come to a christian who doesn't tithe, why can't curses come? What is the difference between curses and devourers?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2014
Mbaemeka,
1. You present a shift in Oyaks doctrine over tithing from no-tithing to carrot-&-stick approach, to the present approach which you won't reveal yet. What is the current position and how can we independently verify this?

2. Malachi is quite clear that the non-tithers are cursed and are deemed robbers for not tithing. It follows that IF tithing is a requirement for Chriatians, non-tithing Christians are equally robbers and cursed. You once said that Christ redeemed us from the curses of the OT but not the blessings. Here;
Christ has redeemed us from receiving the blessings by conformance to the "laws". Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the Law. We can therefore take the blessings and run with it. That's what Paul taught Timothy and others.
https://www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/20#25871643
Would a Christian be immune from the curse of non-tithing following your argument?

3. About first fruits, the page is Rhapsodies 2014 January 20th.I ran into an older (2011)blog by CE Alpha Beach Road and the first fruits message is eerily similar to the Rhapsodies'
http://cealphabeachrd./2011/01/27/kingdom-finance-prosperity-series-the-firstfruit-offering/
This implies a SYSTEMATIC teaching of the same across CE. Please note these words;
WHY WE GIVE OUR FIRST FRUITS? (THE BENEFITS)
We are commanded to give it [Prov 3: 9-10, Ex 22: 29]..........
Anyone who holds back his First Fruit exposes himself to evil. As God said to Israel. [Jeremiah 2: 3]
Can we conclude that Firstfruits is taught across CE as a COMMAND with EVIL consequences for not paying?

mbaemeka:
First of all, it might interest some of you to know that Reverend Chris didn't always believe in tithing. As the first son in the line of many pastors across generations he gave tithes in obedience to the teachings he received in AG but when he became a Pastor himself in the late 70s and early 80s he taught members of his then church on the out-datedness of tithing. He believed it had been done away with by the ushering in of the NT and he taught so to all and sundry. He also taught on the fear factor that he was sold on while in AG into tithing. The Pastors always made references to curses for not doing so and he responded to such fear. Subsequently, as he began to study further by the instructions of the Holy Spirit he saw the importance and scriptural basis behind tithing and he has taught so ever since to tremendous results.

Now I said all that to say this: it is not impossible that at the earliest stages of his teaching on these things maybe he still infused a part of the fear factor that he got from his time in AG. I am saying this because the link referred to audios and tapes which means this had to be a long time ago. I can say without flinching that I have never heard him relate non-tithers to any curse neither have I seen him teach such in the last 15 years. So it is very possible that the folks who decided to re teach the issues on Facebook used old tapes or maybe they just infused their own ideas into it.

But just like he said one who doesn't tithe is setting up the persons self for financial strangulation and that is not a curse. That is just explaining the consequences of someone's actions or inactions to them. For example, when God told Adam that if he ate from the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil he will surely die. God wasn't placing a curse on Adam. He was simply showing him the consequences of his disobedience. In the real sense what God did to Adam was a form of tithes because he allowed him to eat from every other Tree but he instructed him to leave that Tree untouched and Adam disobliged and faced the consequences.

It is the same way God told the Israelites to use the blood of a lamb to mark the doorposts and lintels so that the destroyer will passover them. Sure, the children of Israel were God's people and he was trying to protect them. But if anyone of them had mistakenly forgotten to mark his doorposts with the blood of the lamb, he would have lost his first child and God would not have been to blame as he had already told them what to do to negate the effects of the destroyer. God placed no curse on anyone of them.

If I say to my child make sure you look closely before crossing the road or else you would be knock down by a vehicle I am only giving instructions with the adjoining consequences of flouting such instructions. I am not placing a curse on my child. We all have agreed from the scriptures that we live in a fallen world that is being run by the devil whose sole aim is to kill, steal and DESTROY. Now Satan wants to destroy the whole of mankind but even more so us christians because we have opted to follow the very way that he wants nobody to follow. This destroyer is similar to the one who went about the camp slaying the firstborn of the Egyptians. Remember, he didn't go there to destroy just them, he wanted to destroy all but the blood was the security policy for the initiated. That is the same way tithes is a financial security policy for us christians. When we give it, we give God the leeway to protect our finances for us. Those who do not give it are only saying they can manage their finances themselves and they are allowed that. The problem is when that destroyer comes to their doorposts, God will not be able to rebuke him on their behalf and the reason is simple: because they told him they can do it on their own. So I am not amiss if I say such a person is setting up himself for financial strangulation and I am not placing a curse on him.

As per the firstfruits, I will have to do more investigations to be certain Rev Chris said "God will take it from you it you do not give". I have never heard him say so. My understanding of the principle of firstfruits is on this thread and it is all in relation to my putting God first. I have never seen it as something I had to do nullify any curse of any sort as what anyone calls firstfruits can be subjective even from the bible. I have a Pastor friend who gave his first year (not month but year) salary as his firstfruits. I never did so and I have never heard him teach so as a doctrine of any sort. I actually cringed to see that statement on that Facebook post and I will do well to investigate it thoroughly to be certain that those words were used. I however strongly believe that it is not the case.

Sorry for my epistle. I might make corrections if need be.

Back to hibernating.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2014
Candour:

See the scripture I quoted

Do you think a christian who doesn't pay tithe is a robber? If he's a robber, do you agree he's a sinner? If he's a robber, on whose authority are you waving the curse?

If devourers can come to a christian who doesn't tithe, why can't curses come? What is the difference between curses and devourers?

1. The christian isn't a robber.

2. The curse came by the law I.e one's adherence or disobedience of the law. But the devourer has always existed and will always exist. Besides, I said the devourer aims to attack everyone on earth not just Christians who do not tithe. What tithing does is that it gives God the access to rebuke the devourer for the tithers sake whereas in the case of the non-tithers, they would have to fend him off themselves.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 6:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
mbaemeka:

1. The christian isn't a robber.

From Rhapsody of Realities

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/9#8071513

The Giving That Stands You Out – Thursday April 7, 2011 – Pastor Chris

It’s impossible for a Christian who only gives his tithes and offerings to feel like an accomplished giver, but the Bible lets us know these aren’t enough. Your tithes for example belong to God, and He expects you to give them to Him anyway. The man who does otherwise is a [size=16pt]robber[/size]: “Will a man rob God: Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings” (Malachi 3:8 ).

God is not a man (Numbers 23:19); He’s God. So you MUST give Him your tithes and your offerings, as God. Actually, you pay your tithe; you don’t give it, as you would your free-will offering. So your tithe is not a gift, because you don’t pay a gift. Your offering on the other hand isnt just a donation made to the Church, but a sacrifice offered to a divine being. God actually demanded for it in Exodus 23:15: “…None shall appear before Me empty-handed” (AMP).

Thats pastor Chris talking up there. Do you affirm he's wrong?

2. The curse came by the law I.e one's adherence or disobedience of the law. But the devourer has always existed and will always exist. Besides, I said the devourer aims to attack everyone on earth not just Christians who do not tithe. What tithing does is that it gives God the access to rebuke the devourer for the tithers sake whereas in the case of the non-tithers, they would have to fend him off themselves.

The devourers listed there were all farm pests which destroyed farm produce. how does it concern someone who isn't a farmer?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
vooks:
Mbaemeka,
1. You present a shift in Oyaks doctrine over tithing from no-tithing to carrot-&-stick approach, to the present approach which you won't reveal yet. What is the current position and how can we independently verify this?

2. Malachi is quite clear that the non-tithers are cursed and are deemed robbers for not tithing. It follows that IF tithing is a requirement for Chriatians, non-tithing Christians are equally robbers and cursed. You once said that Christ redeemed us from the curses of the OT but not the blessings. Would a Christian be immune from the curse of non-tithing following your argument?

3. About first fruits, the page is Rhapsodies 2014 January 20th.I ran into an older (2011)blog by CE Alpha Beach Road and the first fruits message is eerily similar to the Rhapsodies'
http://cealphabeachrd./2011/01/27/kingdom-finance-prosperity-series-the-firstfruit-offering/
This implies a SYSTEMATIC teaching of the same across CE. Please note these words;

Can we conclude that Firstfruits is taught across CE as a COMMAND with EVIL consequences for not paying?

1. Rev Chris doesn't teach that a christian is cursed According to Malachi 3. That's his position on the matter. If someone else belongs to CE but teaches differently then the person is responsible for not hearing properly. It is now news that Joagbaje is a Pastor in CE. You can check his posts from 2009 till date on tithes. He never said anyone was cursed for not tithing.

2. Non-tithing christians are not Robbers and they are not cursed. But just like the children of Israel and the Egyptians, the devourer could lay siege on them and they would not have the requisite protection they need. Malachi 3 for the church today is to show us the blessings of tithing and nothing more.

3. The name of the group is Rhapsodies, I agree. The date of the message was January 2014 I also agree. But I have never seen any Rhapsody message so detailed and comprehensive like the one on that link. I even checked my January edition of Rhapsody and I couldn't find that message on Firstfruits. I know about the finance convention, but I cannot recall the evil consequences of not giving it and I am very serious about this. I believe the person behind that post made his own position on the teaching. I could be wrong.

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
Gombs:

Bobo, I was tired last night. Since you don't rob God...fine. me I will tithe, till Jesus come

Do you really want to know those robbing God or you know them already?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by SirJohn(m): 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2014
mbaemeka:

Oh really undecided
Eyaaa!! SMH. . .

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
Candour:

The devourers listed there were all farm pests which destroyed farm produce. how does it concern someone who isn't a farmer?

Candour:

Well, I don't agree with the term Robber. If he said it, then I don't agree with it. There is a language for the mature and for babes as well. If I don't give my own tithes I would feel like a robber but I don't call those who do not share my convictions robbers.

The devourers listed there were symbolic of the products of a man's hand and not necessarily farm products. Quite similar to Joel 2:25

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 7:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
mbaemeka:

Well, I don't agree with the term Robber. If he said it, then I don't agree with it. There is a language for the mature and for babes as well. If I don't give my own tithes I would feel like a robber but I don't call those who do not share my convictions robbers.

Good to see you refuse to follow your G.O on a path of error. He wasn't talking about himself there. He was sure that any Christian who doesn't pay tithes is a robber. Since he affirms this, how do you expect his loyal members not to have the fear that they're robbers if they don't pay tithes, hence they're sinners in the same category as armed robbers, would go to hell and the curse in Malachi 3:8-9 is their portion?

The devourers listed there were symbolic of the products of a man's hand and not necessarily farm products. Quite similar to Joel 2:25

That scripture talks about farm produce also. A carpenter could suffer the effects of a famine because he'll buy food expensively or not see at all to buy but the farmer is the guy in danger of locusts or caterpillars. Nothing symbolic there.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 8:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
Candour:

Leviticus 20:21 And if a man shall take his brother's wife, it is an unclean thing: he hath uncovered his brother's unclothedness; they shall be childless.
Mark 6:18 For John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother's wife.

Do you think that scripture above applies to a Christian saved by the blood of Christ today? Or we can go get our brother's wife as we're saved by God?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 8:14pm On Nov 19, 2014
Image123:

Leviticus 20:21 And if a man shall take his brother's wife, it is an unclean thing: he hath uncovered his brother's unclothedness; they shall be childless.
Mark 6:18 For John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother's wife.

Or we can go get our brother's wife as we're saved by God
?
^^^
*yinmu*

What would you want to be ogling your brother's wife for, hmm?
- just a stray thought like that, is how it all starts, LOL

Obviously a christian who knows his onions and Galatians 5:14 wouldn't even considered it, talkless of the thought, even if this is an Image123 harmless proposition remark or banter

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this;
You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
- Galatians 5:14 King James 2000 Bible

Back to hibernating - that's the in thing now, Hibernation.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 8:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
vooks:
If no curses and Devourers are unleashed by Image123 on those who don't tithe, it does not mean that those curses are NEVER invoked. So the most important thing is not whether image and his gang said so or not. The debate is not about their presentation of the doctrine on NL but the exercise of the same among the evangelicals.

OH shut up already and present the many tithe threads where antitithers and non tithers were cursed.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
Who released Gnoni to quickly come and play on NL?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 8:26pm On Nov 19, 2014
Image123:

Do you think that scripture above applies to a Christian saved by the blood of Christ today? Or we can go get our brother's wife as we're saved by God?

1 John 4:7-8, 20 KJV
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. [8] He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. [20] If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Do you love your brother? Will you cause him harm if you take his wife? If you sleep with his wife, you hate him and it means you don't know God.

Also, did you see this portion in midas touch by Hagin? From page 171

The Old Testament was all the Bible there was for centuries. It was the Bible Jesus quoted from in His ministry. The Old Testament is valuable to me because it teaches me about God, the early history of the world, and how God dealt with His chosen people, the Jews. It contains the Law and the Prophets, the Psalms and Proverbs. I appreciate the Old Testament and benefit from it, but it was not written to me.

The above is how I treat the OT. That your reference up there has nothing to do with a Christian.

Also, are you also of the oyaks school of thought calling non tithing Christians robbers? Hence cursed? Hence going to hell for robbing and refusing to repent?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
Image123:
^^^
"Labe igi oronbo, lati nsere wa, inu wa dun, ara wa ya, labe igi oronbo. Oronbo!"
literally meaning "Under the orange tree, that's where we play, we are happy and joyful, under the orange tree. The orange tree!"
Back to hibernating - Hibernation is the in-thing now.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2014
Image123:

Apparently he is not the only hibernating. I wonder who "released" your friend also.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
BabaGnoni:

^^^
Labe igi oronbo, lati nsere wa, inu wa dun, ara wa ya, labe igi oronbo. Oronbo!.

Tongues... languages, really.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
BabaGnoni:

^^^
"Labe igi oronbo, lati nsere wa, inu wa dun, ara wa ya, labe igi oronbo. Oronbo!"
literally meaning "Under the orange tree, that's where we play, we are happy and joyful, under the orange tree. The orange tree!"
Back to hibernating - Hibernation is the in-thing now.

You do need that dirty slap, lemme go look for nanny.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 8:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
Image123:
You do need that dirty slap, lemme go look for nanny.
^^^
nanny ko, Au Pair ni... LOL
- you wan form "Ajebutter", eh, you didnt sing such Kindergarten rhymes at the "Pako" je-ile-sinmi pre-school, hmm?

Anyway, stop being silly. It's time for you to grow up, buddy! Act your age, not your shoe size!!
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2014
Candour:

1 John 4:7-8, 20 KJV
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. [8] He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. [20] If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Do you love your brother? Will you cause him harm if you take his wife? If you sleep with his wife, you hate him and it means you don't know God.

Also, did you see this portion in midas touch by Hagin? From page 171

The Old Testament was all the Bible there was for centuries. It was the Bible Jesus quoted from in His ministry. The Old Testament is valuable to me because it teaches me about God, the early history of the world, and how God dealt with His chosen people, the Jews. It contains the Law and the Prophets, the Psalms and Proverbs. I appreciate the Old Testament and benefit from it, but it was not written to me.

The above is how I treat the OT. That your reference up there has nothing to do with a Christian.

Also, are you also of the oyaks school of thought calling non tithing Christians robbers? Hence cursed? Hence going to hell for robbing and refusing to repent?

Heyyyyy mr lovey dovey, question was straight na. Who told you sleeping with your brother's wife is harmful? That's actually a culture someplace. Can i also put my tithe under your 1John interpretation?
On your last question, your mischief and dishonesty is plain to even satan. Worse still, i really hope he's not being messing with your brain/memory, because i know you've read my stand several times. Just quick search link where i was supposedly discussing with YOU on same issue. https://www.nairaland.com/1548047/theological-discuss-tithing-rhymeyjohn-image123/5#20311560

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
BabaGnoni:

^^^
nanny ko, Au pair ni... LOL
- you wan form "Ajebutter", eh, you didnt sing such kindergaten rhymes at the "Pako" je-ile-sinmi pre-school, hmm?

Anyway, stop being silly. It's time for you to grow up, buddy! Act your age, not your shoe size!!
What?? Despite the concerted efforts of both the federal and state governments for your basic education, you still couldn't escape razzzzzzzzz rhymes? Stop distracting me from getting nanny, you're getting it this time, lol.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
Image123:

Image123:
What??
Despite the concerted efforts of both the federal and state governments for your basic education, you still couldn't escape razzzzzzzzz rhymes? Stop distracting me from getting nanny, you're getting it this time, lol.
^^^

Wasnt you asking "Who released Gnoni to quickly come and play on NL?" and hence the orange tree rhyme,
now you are getting the hump... tsk tsk tsk

All the same, hold on to your knickers,
I am already quaking in my boots, so no need to call up the calvary
- I've backed away.

Hibernation is trendy, remember. Try it too
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 9:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
Image123:

Heyyyyy mr lovey dovey, question was straight na. Who told you sleeping with your brother's wife is harmful? That's actually a culture someplace.

Is it the culture in your place? It sure isn't in mine

Can i also put my tithe under your 1John interpretation?

What's stopping you?

On your last question, your mischief and dishonesty is plain to even satan. Worse still, i really hope he's not being messing with your brain/memory, because i know you've read my stand several times. Just quick search link where i was supposedly discussing with YOU on same issue. https://www.nairaland.com/1548047/theological-discuss-tithing-rhymeyjohn-image123/5#20311560

Look at this liar. If I ask you now, I'm sure you'll also deny you've ever seen oyaks devotional up there or adeboyes devotional on page 70. A chronic pathological liar who is so dishonest he can hardly take a stand on anything. Why are you so eager to exonerate yourself? Who is chasing you? produce the post where we started this discussion so we can see what i said

You're inconsequential to these straightforward discussions my friend. Let those with some modicum of honesty have space to talk. Gombs didn't deny he has used the negatives in Malachi 3 on non tithers and he repeated it this morning. Mbaemeka took a position against oyaks stand this evening so i have no use for you. keep denying if you wish.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
Candour:

Is it the culture in your place? It sure isn't in mine

What's stopping you?

Look at this liar. If I ask you now, I'm sure you'll also deny you've ever seen oyaks devotional up there or adeboyes devotional on page 70. A chronic pathological liar who is so dishonest he can hardly take a stand on anything. Why are you so eager to exonerate yourself? Who is chasing you? produce the post where we started this discussion so we can see what i said

You're inconsequential to these straightforward discussions my friend. Let those with some modicum of honesty have space to talk. Gombs didn't deny he has used the negatives in Malachi 3 on non tithers and he repeated it this morning. Mbaemeka took a position against oyaks stand this evening so i have no use for you. keep denying if you wish.

He he he he, see live delusion. I parseive Nigeria' football score is taking its toll on you. Enjoy

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
BabaGnoni:

^^^

Wasnt you asking "Who released Gnoni to quickly come and play on NL?" and hence the orange tree rhyme,
now you are getting the hump... tsk tsk tsk

All the same, hold on to your knickers,
I am already quaking in my boots, so no need to call up the calvary
- I've backed away.

Hibernation is trendy, remember. Try it too

Before you joined NL under the fig tree, we've been 'hibernating'. You don't even define jare.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
Image123:
Before you joined NL under the fig tree, we've been 'hibernating'. You don't even define jare.
^^^
Congratulations.
- bet you want a medal for that or a chest to pin it on. LOL

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
Candour:

That scripture talks about farm produce also. A carpenter could suffer the effects of a famine because he'll buy food expensively or not see at all to buy but the farmer is the guy in danger of locusts or caterpillars. Nothing symbolic there.

Joel 2 like Malachi 3 is far more reaching than farm produce. On the surface it appears so, but they are allegorical in import of something spiritual. The locusts eating through their farm products was an illustration of God's judgment. The type of Judgement that Egypt faced in Moses day.

If you read the whole of Joel 2 in context you would have seen the promise of God pouring out his spirit on his people, Blood moon etc. These were prophecies that were fulfilled when Jesus ascended and while some are yet to happen and you can see that they were connected to the restoration from the years of the cankerworm and locust. That's why Peter could quote that verse in referring to the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. Else, he would have been misapplying scriptures that referred to farmers in using it to explain the strange occurrence on that memorable day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (103) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.