Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,826 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 (6495 Views)

Rev. Fr Mbaka Advices Christians To Not Vote For GEJ. / Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam / PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by bombay: 9:13pm On Oct 23, 2014
Man lover party
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by FreshGuy2(m): 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
Op.did you expect me to read that bullsh/t you posted up there?...Hell no i can't....#GejTill2019
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by WinsomeX: 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2014
FreshGuy2:
Op.did you expect me to read that bullsh/t you posted up there?...Hell no i can't....#GejTill2019

The same person that promised not to stay in office beyond 2015?
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by PastorKun(m): 2:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
WinsomeX:

The same person that promised not to stay in office beyond 2015?

Your buhari also promised that 2011 would be the last election he would contest in.
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by Canme4u(m): 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2014
Kicking out all the cluelessness in Nigeria is a job that must be done by everyone of us

#KickOutAllTheCluelessnessComes2015

Sai Buhari 2015

I believe.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by chamboy(m): 2:47pm On Oct 25, 2014
PastorKun:
As far as I am concerned buhari's 'qualities' are overrated and the best he can do is to send Nigeria back to the stone ages. His sole mission in govt is a vendetta mission whilst assuaging his bruised ego. It is very glaring to me even from buhari's utterances that he has no economic agenda for Nigeria neither does he have a clue of what to do to move the country forward.

He claims to be a man of integrity yet he can bank roll four presidential elections which costs several billions to do in this country and he is also in cahoots with some of the most notorious criminal politicians(Jagaban) in this country whom he hopes to finance his presidential lust for power.

That said no matter how much buhari and his cohorts deny it, going by previous well documented statements he made in the past and even his body language of recent, he remains a core tribalist and a religious fundamentalist who cannot rise above his primordial sentiments.

As far as achievements is concerned I fail to see any meaningful achievement he as done on his own as the much touted WAI and the anti corruption success of his regime was championed by idiagbon whilst buhari was assisting his cohorts to launder 53 suit c0ases full of money or is it his roll in the missing $2.8 billion we want to talk about. Also his days as chairman of PTF cannot be forgotten since there was massive corruption going on right under his nose and 90% of PTF projects were executed in the north. Even as he claimed he didn't steal money in PTF and so much money was stolen under his nose, it only means he was completely incompetent. Or is this not the same buhari that told us that Abacha was a honest man despite all the overwhelming evidence to the contrary One wonders what buhari's standards and parameters of honesty really is if he can declare Abacha as a honest man.

One thing is very clear to me, buhari has absolutely nothing positive to offer Nigeria and voting for him would be a vote for retrogression. The blood of the over 1,000 Nigerians killed by his supporters after the 2011 elections as a result of his unguarded statements remain on his head and may his likes NEVER smell power in Nigeria again in Jesus name. Amen

PS: this post is not an endorsement for GEJ as it is obvious to me that he leads the most corrupt govt in the history of Nigeria and his incompetence to tackling the security situation in the country is really appalling.
we've hear confusionist no man is 100% honest is sha beta than GEJ
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by ndcide(m): 4:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
The original write up was way to simplistic. only simpletons will take it to the bank.

The only reason we are having this kind of persons challenging the president in this election, is because.

They want power to return to the north. finish.

Unfortunately, those who could see far have told me, That they can't defeat GEJ.

I know the persons I've asked, and I believe them.

1 Like

Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by ndcide(m): 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2014
nuclearboy:

He's a personal friend and I promise you he will NOT respond (at least not coherently). He will retort with sweeping grandiose condemnation statements like "he is a relic" etc...... and it is so sad!

People forget you cannot vote for someone who isn't on the ballot and thus, the choice is limited to Buhari versus Jonathan. Moving along, I will show you how unreasonable hatred can make the otherwise "educated"

Nigerias' total annual budget in 1977, was 1.1 Billion naira. At this time, a Dollar exchanged for 79 kobo (Naira was Stronger). It was in the same year Kunle insists Buhari stole 2.8billion. Interestingly, even Saudi Arabia didn't earn 2 billion dollars in 1977. But Kunle insists 2.8 billion was stolen. Further, Nigerias total debt payment under same Buhari in 1984 when he was Head of State, was 50 million dollars!!!! So Buhari stole 3 budgets of Nigeria, according to "Pastor-Kun", at a time when we were paying 50 million Dollars as annual debt.

See how hatred can make one look foolish? Yet let him return here and unable to stand against these, he will ignore and move to 53 suitcases. After that, to Islam..... and then to the execution of 3 drug pushers and finally "he is old" and "knows nothing about computers in 2014".

So I advice you to not hold your breath expecting a decent rubbing of minds. It's like you telling Shekau to allow Oby Ezekwesili to teach him about decency - DOA.

But at least, his hatred (though a "Christian"wink may have served a purpose - one or two thinking people will read this post and know the truth about the 2.8 billion Dollar lie.

BUT YOU BELIEVE $25 BILLION was stolen by GEJ as alleged by SLS.

some of you don't know what is happening in Nigeria.
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by Validated: 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2014
The BABA Should go and rest joor
All over the world people are voting in those under 50 yet here we are talking of octogenarian. What is wrong with fielding Fashola and NdaIsah. Which company would hire such old baba talk less of a nation of over 170millions

We do not have the luxury of teaching an cargo what the tweeter, Facebook age people wants.

1 Like

Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by Olaolufred(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
ndcide:

BUT YOU BELIEVE $25 BILLION was stolen by GEJ as alleged by SLS.

some of you don't know what is happening in Nigeria.

WE BELIEVE WHAT OKONJO IWEALA SAID THAT IT WAS 10BILLION DOLLARS UNREMITTED.
WHAT HAD BEEN DONE ABOUT THAT?
IS 10billion dollar not money again?
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by ndcide(m): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
Olaolufred:

WE BELIEVE WHAT OKONJO IWEALA SAID THAT IT WAS 10BILLION DOLLARS UNREMITTED.
WHAT HAD BEEN DONE ABOUT THAT?
IS 10billion dollar not money again?

When it's all about politics, you can believe anything you like.

you can also believe the senate position on it

leadership.ng/news/372576/20bn-money-missing-senate-committee

you can also chose not to believe.
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by ndcide(m): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by san316(m): 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
all i want our pastors and imams to tell their followers is ''search deep in your heart and vote based on your conscience. not religion, not tribe, just what you feel is right'' men of God taking side is in politics ungodly. that is what breeds hatred among people.
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by WinsomeX: 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
san316:
all i want our pastors and imams to tell their followers is ''search deep in your heart and vote based on your conscience. not religion, not tribe, just what you feel is right'' men of God taking side is in politics ungodly. that is what breeds hatred among people.

A good suggestion.
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by PastorKun(m): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2014
Even though I strongly resent tribalist posts, stopping Buhari at all cost is a task that must be done thus my decision to share this post;

Bell Adebayo, WHO ARE THOSE SAYING YORUBAS SHOULD VOTE FOR BUHARI..

Let's Discuss Yoruba At The Hands Of Buhari, We'll DIscuss GEJ Later...

Yoruba Victims Of Buhari's Tyrannical Reign.

Now, the leaders of the opposition Party thinks he can sell Yorubas to this unrepentant tyrant who refuses till today to apologize to the Yorubas for nearly wiping out all their leaders?

Victim 1 - Pa Awolowo had his house ransacked, passport seized he could not go abroad for medical treatment. His home in Ikenne was also surrounded by soldiers.

Victim 2 - Pa Adekunle Ajasin, former Gov, Ondo State. Arrested, sentenced to over 100 years. Pa Ajasin is known not to have spent one kobo of his security vote and had only one house to his name in his native Owo till his death.

Victim 3 - Pa Lateef Jakande, former Gov, Lagos State. Same as Pa Ajasin. Tried in kangaroo Court and sentenced to over 100 years imprisonment.

Victim 4 - Cicero, Bola Ige. former Gov, Oyo State. Sentenced to over 100 years on corruption charges.

Victim 5 - Papa Bisi Onabanjo former Gov, Ogun State. Jailed for over 100 years. Pa Onabanjo was whisked away from hospital where he was receiving treatment straight to prison on Buhari's instructions.

Do note that all the governors were found not guilty by Courts who tried them however Buhari demanded many retrials until a guilty verdict was reached for all of them by the Courts.

Victim 6 - Bisi Akande, former Gove. Jailed on corruption charges. Now, Akande and Buhari are together in the APC. Is Akande no longer corrupt, Buhari?

Victim 7 - Fela Anikulapo Kuti. Fela received 10 years for being vocal against Buhari's regime. Buhari said then, he has resolved to deal with the "fela problem"

Victim 8 - Ooni of Ife. Seized his passport and prevented him from travelling abroad.

Victim 9 - Tunde Thompson. Journalist jailed for reporting against government.

Victim 10 - Tai Solarin. Jailed for speaking against the govt. Ironically, what Solarin said/wrote then and was jailed for by Buhari's regime is nothing compared to things Buhari says against the present government.

Victim 11 - Ayo Ojewunmi became blind in jail after Buhari blatantly refused to release him to get medical attention. He died soon after he was eventually released

Victim 12 - Busari Adelakun suffered same fate as Ojewunmi. His ailment though was ulcer which killed him.

Victim 13 - The many many Yoruba youth slaughtered in the north in 2011 because Buhari lost the election. Buhari could have curbed the violence but waited for days before public opinion forced him to make a statement on radio condemning the violence.

He has prepared us now for 2015 by saying "their dogs and ,baboons will be soaked in blood" if he does not win the election in 2015.

By: Daniel Kehinde Coker
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by stevnwigw1: 9:07am On Oct 29, 2014
my Bible said that i should nt call my fellow human fool, if nt i would hv called u one.@op

1 Like

Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by WinsomeX: 9:45am On Oct 29, 2014
PastorKun, what does the same author have to say about Jonathan?
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by Olaolufred(m): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2014
PastorKun:
Even though I strongly resent tribalist posts, stopping Buhari at all cost is a task that must be done thus my decision to share this post;

Bell Adebayo, WHO ARE THOSE SAYING YORUBAS SHOULD VOTE FOR BUHARI..

Let's Discuss Yoruba At The Hands Of Buhari, We'll DIscuss GEJ Later...

Yoruba Victims Of Buhari's Tyrannical Reign.

Now, the leaders of the opposition Party thinks he can sell Yorubas to this unrepentant tyrant who refuses till today to apologize to the Yorubas for nearly wiping out all their leaders?

Victim 1 - Pa Awolowo had his house ransacked, passport seized he could not go abroad for medical treatment. His home in Ikenne was also surrounded by soldiers.

Victim 2 - Pa Adekunle Ajasin, former Gov, Ondo State. Arrested, sentenced to over 100 years. Pa Ajasin is known not to have spent one kobo of his security vote and had only one house to his name in his native Owo till his death.

Victim 3 - Pa Lateef Jakande, former Gov, Lagos State. Same as Pa Ajasin. Tried in kangaroo Court and sentenced to over 100 years imprisonment.

Victim 4 - Cicero, Bola Ige. former Gov, Oyo State. Sentenced to over 100 years on corruption charges.

Victim 5 - Papa Bisi Onabanjo former Gov, Ogun State. Jailed for over 100 years. Pa Onabanjo was whisked away from hospital where he was receiving treatment straight to prison on Buhari's instructions.

Do note that all the governors were found not guilty by Courts who tried them however Buhari demanded many retrials until a guilty verdict was reached for all of them by the Courts.

Victim 6 - Bisi Akande, former Gove. Jailed on corruption charges. Now, Akande and Buhari are together in the APC. Is Akande no longer corrupt, Buhari?

Victim 7 - Fela Anikulapo Kuti. Fela received 10 years for being vocal against Buhari's regime. Buhari said then, he has resolved to deal with the "fela problem"

Victim 8 - Ooni of Ife. Seized his passport and prevented him from travelling abroad.

Victim 9 - Tunde Thompson. Journalist jailed for reporting against government.

Victim 10 - Tai Solarin. Jailed for speaking against the govt. Ironically, what Solarin said/wrote then and was jailed for by Buhari's regime is nothing compared to things Buhari says against the present government.

Victim 11 - Ayo Ojewunmi became blind in jail after Buhari blatantly refused to release him to get medical attention. He died soon after he was eventually released

Victim 12 - Busari Adelakun suffered same fate as Ojewunmi. His ailment though was ulcer which killed him.

Victim 13 - The many many Yoruba youth slaughtered in the north in 2011 because Buhari lost the election. Buhari could have curbed the violence but waited for days before public opinion forced him to make a statement on radio condemning the violence.

He has prepared us now for 2015 by saying "their dogs and ,baboons will be soaked in blood" if he does not win the election in 2015.

By: Daniel Kehinde Coker

[size=14pt]OUR YESTERYEARS DOES NOT HAVE POWER TO TIE DOWN OUR FUTURE AS A PEOPLE.

THAT IS WHY WE ADVICE OUR NEIGHBOURS TO MOVE OUT OF BITTERNESS AVENUE 44 YEARS AFTER BIAFRA.
[/size]
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by kart042000(m): 12:27pm On Oct 29, 2014
PastorKun:
As far as I am concerned buhari's 'qualities' are overrated and the best he can do is to send Nigeria back to the stone ages. His sole mission in govt is a vendetta mission whilst assuaging his bruised ego. It is very glaring to me even from buhari's utterances that he has no economic agenda for Nigeria neither does he have a clue of what to do to move the country forward.

He claims to be a man of integrity yet he can bank roll four presidential elections which costs several billions to do in this country and he is also in cahoots with some of the most notorious criminal politicians(Jagaban) in this country whom he hopes to finance his presidential lust for power.

That said no matter how much buhari and his cohorts deny it, going by previous well documented statements he made in the past and even his body language of recent, he remains a core tribalist and a religious fundamentalist who cannot rise above his primordial sentiments.

As far as achievements is concerned I fail to see any meaningful achievement he as done on his own as the much touted WAI and the anti corruption success of his regime was championed by idiagbon whilst buhari was assisting his cohorts to launder 53 suit c0ases full of money or is it his roll in the missing $2.8 billion we want to talk about. Also his days as chairman of PTF cannot be forgotten since there was massive corruption going on right under his nose and 90% of PTF projects were executed in the north. Even as he claimed he didn't steal money in PTF and so much money was stolen under his nose, it only means he was completely incompetent. Or is this not the same buhari that told us that Abacha was a honest man despite all the overwhelming evidence to the contrary One wonders what buhari's standards and parameters of honesty really is if he can declare Abacha as a honest man.

One thing is very clear to me, buhari has absolutely nothing positive to offer Nigeria and voting for him would be a vote for retrogression. The blood of the over 1,000 Nigerians killed by his supporters after the 2011 elections as a result of his unguarded statements remain on his head and may his likes NEVER smell power in Nigeria again in Jesus name. Amen

PS: this post is not an endorsement for GEJ as it is obvious to me that he leads the most corrupt govt in the history of Nigeria and his incompetence to tackling the security situation in the country is really appalling.

OK good points, Since jonathan assumed power, you would have been canvassing as a youth i assume you are for good governance, enlightening people, and probably writing articles on how jonathan could further improve his government. Mind you, the youth population in Nigeria is well above 40 million. Do you mean not a single youth can champion such exercise since 2011, by now he would have gathered enough support.
Given the present political atmosphere we have because the youths have clearly refused to take leadership roles, who would you vote for between JONATHAN and BUHARI ? . At least that is what we have unfortunately.
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by PastorKun(m): 1:46pm On Oct 29, 2014
WinsomeX:
PastorKun, what does the same author have to say about Jonathan?

I really don't care, my rejection of buhari has nothing to do with support for Jonathan whom I consider almost as incompetent as buhari.
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by shdemidemi(m): 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2014

1 Like

Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by HolyHolla(m): 5:52pm On Nov 02, 2014
The whole world is watching and waiting as Nigeria again searches for a President in the wrong places...

Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by WinsomeX: 6:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by dmighty: 6:50pm On Nov 02, 2014
They said Jonathan has been correcting the wrongs of the past since, and I ask which past? Wrong of the
past? 1999-2003 PDP; 2003-2007 PDP;2007-2011 PDP, 2011-2014 PDP...which past wrongs? of PDP
regime or of pre-PDP regime? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, 15 years with all resources to take a nation from Zero
to any length, we still give excuse? Dubai started within the reign of PDP and now d whole world runs
there...What exactly has GEJ (PDP) been correcting for 15 years sef? Mind you o, if they sell fuel for me for
97 naira/litre, I know nobody is getting it less even though in support of their wickedness. What exactly
has GEJ been doing for 5 years now? Vote the same party, with the same people again, and expect
change? it sounds like definition of Madness someone told me long ago!!

1 Like

Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by dmighty: 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
1. Imagine employing a security man, empowered and given all necessary tools For d work (commander in
chief ). Yet each time the compound is distorted by area boys and miscreants, d security man comes up
with same excuse and says, his enemies and detractors are d ones sending those thugs to d compound,
although empowered enough to dislodge them, he will rather watch them, and asks d landlord to blame his
enemies for sending thugs......GEJ and excuses for not performing must always be put on opposition
parties!
2. Imagine employing a house help, payed and pampered, equipped with everything needed to make your
kitchen clean. Yet she comes up every time with an excuse and say d plates were already dirty before I
got here, so d blame for not making them clean should be directed towards d previous house help......That
has always been d excuse for allowing corruption and poor governance to continue by present PDP
leader...
3. Imagine a referee (a type of military head of state) that has monopoly of power to change game rules at
will, yet would not do that. Now Imagine giving that same referee under another fifa rule (a type of
democracy) that says u can only change and effect a rule after 2 other referees (legislative and judiciary)
have both agreed on same issue. That is how feeble d arguments of somebody changing Nigeria to one
religion state under Democratic rule is!
Nigeria is ripe enough to change after 16 years of being governed by d same party that will always come
up and blame d excuse of d poor state of d nation on previous government (which was PDP handing over
to another PDP o).
This time around, instead of using performance as a yardstick for reelection, they are throwing around
religion as a bait as though GEJ has done anything to defend Christianity in a special way in Nigeria
(except for d gain of few CAN leadership Anyway).
Vote with your brain, vote insisting on performance, vote characters. Let us stop voting people who will
take advantage of us at all levels irrespective of their religion and ethnic group. All I want is sensible
governors, legislators, and president. Stop voting corruption!

1 Like

Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by dmighty: 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
Stop telling me why Buhari is not fit, just tell me why Jonathan is fit, and reelectable.... don't mention religious nonsense please, D's is not 2011....More than 4 years now, how can it be this difficult to hang a Nigerian, who had worked in different public offices in D's same Nigeria that we know....Ha, d more they abuse Buhari, d more respect I have for him! A mortal man, a Nigerian setting such standard for himself that even his enemies find it difficult to fault him on moral standard, performance and etc....

1 Like

Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by johnbuck81(m): 9:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
dis thread smells like sh*t...
d op smells lyk bullsh*t...
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by PastorKun(m): 11:03am On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by Acidosis(m): 11:11am On Nov 06, 2014
I really want to know Buhari's mission statement for Nigeria and Nigerians.

I want to hear the words of an unexposed cattle rearer.
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by Orunto: 11:20am On Nov 06, 2014
We hear U.
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by WinsomeX: 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
DrummaBoy:
ELECTING BUHARI IN 2015

A Call to my Constituency, the Church, to Vote Gen. Muhammadu Buhari in the Coming Election

Introduction

In this article, I will be calling on Christians to vote for the person of General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) in the forth coming Presidential elections in Nigeria. I am a fellow Christian; a minister of the gospel, who is however convinced that a person like Buhari is one who has the leadership potentials to lead Nigeria out of the unfortunate situation we have found ourselves as a country. I do not know the General personally and I have not been paid by him or his associate to write this.

Why Buhari?

The Nigerian political melodrama is shoring up three individuals that are likely to be the leading candidates for the Febuary 14th, 2015 presidential elections. They are the incumbent president of the nation, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. Atiku and Buhari are likely to square it out at the All Progressive Congress (APC) presidential primaries, and the political permutations give Buhari the advantage because of his popularity with the leaders of the party. Therefore there is the high probability that the 2015 presidential elections shall be a repeat of the 2011 one that was between Jonathan and Buhari. I hereby state ten quick reasons why Buhari will excel as presidentnt of Nigeriaa.

Buhari's antecedents as head of state of this country in 1984/85 revealed that he is a highly disciplined individual that commands the respect of his associates, and can replicate the very successful War Against Indiscipline (WAI) of that time to help curb the raging corruption almost crippling this nation today.

Buhari as a militarycommander in Borno State in the 80's helped conquer an insurgent group that was troubling that region of the country. When he was head of state, he gave the orders that quelled the Maitatsine uprising. The Boko Haram uprsing, an offshoot of Maitatsine, is certain to be curtailed by this experienced military officer if voted into office.

Buhari's economic prowess as military head of state has been touted the best economic initiative this nation has ever recorded. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, former Governor of the Central Bank, called it Buharinomics.

Buhari has a thing for attracting the best of human associates and permits them the liberty to function. Many owe the success of Buhari's regime in 1984 to the ingenuity of the late Brig. Gen. Tunde Idiagbon. Buhari should however be credited for allowing his associates to function; a fit he is likely to repeat with individuals like Raji Fashola (present Gov' of Lagos State), Mallam Nasir El-Rufai (former Minister of the FCT), Dr. Obi Ezekwesili, and a host of other individuals who are at the moment supporting his candidacy and might be working in his government.

Buhari is not a money bag and will not be buying the loyalty of individuals to support him. Those who do this and then come into political office are the ones that are constrained to steal public money to recoup their "investments".

Buhari's record as head of Petroleum Trust Fund is untainted and examplary. Buhari as an elder stateman is experienced and knowledgeable, and has the ability to translate this to help to solve the nation's myriads of problems. Buhari is not an Islamic extremist. Many of his associates and subordinates in his private life are Christians. The statements credited to Buhari, which his detractors use to label him an Islamic fundamentalist, simply tell of an individual who is true to himself and his faith, and who will not compromise his faith for political advantage.

Buhari is popular among ordinary Nigerians and if he elected will serve these people and not political godfathers. Buhari is a man of truth. He is called "mai gaskya" in the north. This country has the opportunity to elect for the first time in her history an individual who will not lie to us and who will carry out the promises he makes to us in the forthcoming manifesto of his political party.

Goodluck Jonathan

A friend, Bayo Adeyinka, has enumerated ten reasons why President Goodluck Jonathan should be re-elected into office (http://www.bayoadeyinka.com/bayoadeyinka/index.php/entry/goodluck-jonathan-a-balanced-scorecard-by-bayo-adeyinka). These points cannot be disputed and they are commendable indeed. The only trouble with these points is that Nigerians must come to learn that there is a difference between a government's responsibility and its achievements. If government build roads, pay salaries, refurbish the railway, build schools, and permit some stability for the economy, that government has carried out its duties or its responsibilities. It is when that government has done high and above these things enumerated that we can say that government has achieved something upon which it could be considered for re-election. When we consider two things: the speed with which nations are advancing and the amount of resources this country gathers as revenue year in year out, we must of a necessity hold any government in power responsible for not achieving anything. We should not be found praising them for carrying out their responsibilities. Unfortunately, two things act as Achilles' for the presidency of Goodluck Jonathan. They are violence and corruption. The Boko Haram insurgency and the inability of the government of Goodluck Jonathan to quell their activities continue to be a major minus for this administration. For the first time since the Civil War in this nation, a section of the country has been annexed and taken over by religious militants with uncountable number of Nigerian citizens being killed every day in the north-eastern part of the country. Jonathan, as commander-in-chief of the armed forces, has not been able to rally them to end this continual dissemination of a section of the country. In fact, many political watchers claim that the president is way too weak to handle the situation and the insurgents seem to have discovered this and are taking advantage of it to the full. Since Goodluck Jonathan came into office in 2011, the country has not been able to celebrate it annual Independence ceremony in public for the fear of attack from insurgents. Despite the havoc Boko Haram has wrecked on the North Eastern part of the nation, Jonathan has only visited them once; and even that was a political statement to stop those criticizing him when Governors in the opposition went and walked the streets of Maiduguri. In spite of the call on the president to show sympathy to the people of Chibok, who lost over 200 of their girls to insurgent activites in Borno State, he has not visited them; citing security reasons. The long and short of this all is the truth that Jonathan has failed to make Nigeria safe and should not be permitted another four years in office.

Sometimes ago the Speaker of the House of Assembly was compelled to say that the body language of Mr. President lent support for corruption in the land. The President will later support this position himself when he declared that "stealing was not corruption." If stealing is not corruption, what else could it be? This government has shown great laxity towards matters of corruption, especially those that involve individuals close to the President. The minister of Petroleum, Diezani Allison-Madueke has continually been fingered in one corruption case or the other, but this government has refused to beam any search light on her activities. The NNPC, were she exercises oversight, is brimming with allegation of corrupt practices. The President himself was recently alleged to be worth $100 million dollars by an online news outfit. This allegation had to be dropped after the presidency threatened legal actions against the outfit. Nevertheless many Nigerians argue that anyone could come to any conclusion on how much Jonathan is worth considering the fact that he has refused to declare his assets in public. A question to which our president has responded that he does not give a damn about answering. In this light, Rudolph Okonkwo of the Saharareporters, stated that the President was worth $120 million and he also said that he was ready to be sued for his assertions (http://saharareporters.com/2014/10/14/sue-me-jonathan-youre-worth-120-million-dollars-least-rudolf-ogoo-okonkwo). Since Jonathan came into power, the two apparatus of government that were set up by the administration of Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo to curtail corruption, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), have been rendered useless. The list is endless. A vote for Jonathan is a vote for corruption to continue to disseminate the length and breath of this country.

The Religious Rivalry

It is really unfortunate that the Presidential contest again might degenerate to a religious contest between Muslims and Christians like it did in 2011. I am calling on my Christians friends to rise above these religious sentiments in making the decision of whom to vote for in 2015. What is going on between Muslims and Christians is a simple case of rivalry between two prominent religions in the land. Christians should be blamed for not being political savvy enough to be at the forefront when political candidates for political parties are being selected. We should learn from this and become more politically involved in our nation. For now, we have a sincere, upright, disciplined and visionary individual in the opposition contesting against a supposed Christian; and we should be found making the decision to vote for the Muslim above religious sentiments because we know that he would run our country well. Let us remember that it was a non-Jewish King, the person of Cyrus, that God used to bring Israel out of the political and economic captivity they were in at Babylon.

Today, Nigeria is in a similar situation and it might please God to use Buhari, a Muslim, to save the Christian church, resident in Nigeria, from another political and economic captivity. Conclusion I am again calling on my Christian brethren to vote for Buhari. I use this opportunity to call on Tunde Bakare and the Save Nigeria Group to again rally behind the General, like they did in 2011, to see to it that he is elected into office. The All Progressive Congress (APC), the political party under which the General is running, is not a perfect body that consists of saints. There are indeed individuals there whose records in public office are questionable. But like it has been said so many times in many forums in this country: the problem of Nigeria is a leadership one. If we can endeavor to elect a leader that has integrity, discipline and vision, the team that will work with him will have to follow suit.

Vote Wisely. Vote Gen. Muhammadu Buhari come Febuary 14th, 2015 as President of this country. And may God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Amen.

http://yesufu..com/2014/10/electing-buhari-in-2015.html

This is worth further debates.
Re: Calling Christians To Vote For Buhari In 2015 by openmine(m): 2:04am On Dec 19, 2015
PastorKun:

bro u must be a prophet...all u just said is happening right now..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eu Parliament Moves Motion Against Violation Of Citizen Nnamdi Kanu's Right / Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops / Edo: Ignore Apapa's Letter, Akpata Remains Our Governorship Candidate - LP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.