Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form (3762 Views)

Buhari Lied, Boko Haram Still Holds Territory In Nigeria - US Commander / Jonathan Is In Possession Of My Presidential Form- Abiola's Wife Alleges / Why I Believe Buhari Plotted And Executed The Bomb Attack On His Own Convoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 21, 2014
idumuose:
Buhari is being economical with the truth.You don't know what you are talking about.

[s]Buhari collects pension as a retired general[/s].There is a bill by the house that stipulated that
All former heads of state are entitled to a pension.Didn't you see the link? Buhari is a pretender.
I don't know whether you have seen the Law but it is illegal for any indiuvidual to receive double pension from the government. Obasanjo gave up his Military pension in 1999, IBB, Abdusallam, Yakubu Gowon and Muhammadu Buhari gave up theirs in 2010 after the Presidential Pension law included Military Rulers. STOP the childish propaganda
Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by FrankC3: 8:46am On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:
idumuose you are not smart. How much is the Pension of a Fmr Leader? Do you know that it is illegal to earn double from the treasury in the name of Pension? Hence, Buhari only earn Pension as a Former Hed of State since 2010, prior to that, he was living on Military Pension only. Even as PTF boss, he refused to be paid citing his conscience won't allow him to earn twice from the same government.

Back to your nonsense, How much is this said pension? Do you expect him to use all his pension to buy form and go begging to feed himself and family? You are so daft as usual man.

Sai Buhari

Very interesting! I will like to know more about this. Please share a link to support this position.
Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 21, 2014
AZeD1:
"For if Buhari couldn't save or invest his money ,how can he manage our commonwealth?"

The fact that Buhari took a loan doesn't mean he didn't save or invest.
You have no idea the conditions of the loan so it might have been cheaper to take a loan than to use his money.

PS: The rich spend their money while using other people's money to do business (read loans) while the poor use their money to do business and have nothing to spend.
if buhari couldn't invest his money wisely then how can he rule nigeria

just asking.........

1 Like

Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by idumuose(m): 8:56am On Oct 21, 2014
Provide the link where we can read the law you mentioned.Are you saying Buhari didn't
Invest his money throughout the period he was in the public service?
barcanista:
I don't know whether you have seen the Law but it is illegal for any indiuvidual to receive double pension from the government. Obasanjo gave up his Military pension in 1999, IBB, Abdusallam, Yakubu Gowon and Muhammadu Buhari gave up theirs in 2010 after the Presidential Pension law included Military Rulers. STOP the childish propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by gebest: 9:00am On Oct 21, 2014
idumuose:
Read the article properly for better comprehension
o boy rest ur mind, politics is all about lies, if u dont kn how to tell lies 4get about politics.
Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 21, 2014
idumuose:
Provide the link where we can read the law you mentioned.Are you saying Buhari didn't
Invest his money throughout the period he was in the public service?
FrankC3:

Very interesting! I will like to know more about this. Please share a link to support this position.
Military leaders benefit from pension law
By Emmanuel Ogala
November 4, 2010 02:24AM
print  email   

The National Assembly yesterday brought an end to the controversy over whether past military heads of the federal government should be entitled to pension by approving what amounts to an enhanced pension package for the men through the joint passage of the ‘Remuneration for former presidents, Heads of State, Heads of federal legislative Houses and Chief Justice of the Federation Bill 2010 (SB 153)'.

Currently, the Constitution provides pension for only the president and the vice president, which, according to the 1999 Constitution, will be equivalent to the salary of the incumbent president. However, the new law introduces the Chief Justice of Nigeria, the Senate president and his deputy, and the Speaker and his deputy, into the league of past leaders to benefit from the pension.

Past leaders to benefit from the act include Yakubu Gowon, Muhammadu Buhari, Ibrahim Babangida, and Abdusalami Abubakar.

The law, however, restricts anybody who has held two offices that are eligible for the perk to only one - the highest of those offices which s/he has held in order of national precedence. Thus, Olusegun Obasanjo will have to choose whether he would want his pension to be paid as former military ruler or as a democratically elected president.

Initially excluded

Military heads of government were initially excluded when the Senate passed its own version of the bill, with the senators saying the enhanced pension scheme was meant to honour only democratic leaders. The thrust of the bill had been to ensure that only democratically elected former presidents are entitled to benefit from the pension package for former presidents.

"This is to discourage other unconstitutional means of getting into power. The only way recognised by the Constitution is through ballot, and not the barrel of a gun," David Mark, the Senate president, had said at the passage of the Senate version of the bill in March this year.

Members of the House of Representatives, however, were of the opinion that this group of past leaders should be included. The past leaders were grouped under the name of ‘Heads of the government of the Federation' in section 4 of the Act that was passed by the Reps.

The clean copy of the Harmonised Bill, approved yesterday and soon to be forwarded to the president for signing into law, supports the House version by listing the retired soldiers as qualified for the new package.

The Senate president, who was himself a retired soldier, and would benefit from the law as Senate president, expressed his gratitude to his current colleagues for passing the law.

Happy days for past leaders

Only past leaders who were impeached are excluded by the law from earning pensions.

"For the avoidance of doubt, the benefits stated in this bill shall not apply to persons removed from any of the offices referred to in this bill by the process of impeachment," the bill stated.

It further states that these past leaders shall be paid an amount recommended from time to time by the Revenue and Mobilisation, Allocation, and Fiscal Commission and approved by the National Assembly as upkeep allowance, in addition to the pension entitlement contained in the 1999 Constitution. This upkeep entitlement is expected to be reviewed (upwards) from time to time, but subject to the approval of the National Assembly.

There is also a provision in the bill which entitles the family of deceased ex-presidents and vice presidents to an annual payment for upkeep of his spouse(s) and education of his children up to university level. However, this spousal upkeep allowance will cease the moment the last spouse of the deceased passes on.

Re-presented

This legislation - excluding the past military leaders - had been passed by the last session of the National Assembly and presented to the then President Olusegun Obasanjo for assent. He, however, did not sign the act into law. The bill was, therefore, re-presented to the current session of the National Assembly for passage and representation to the president.

NEXT had, on January 4, reported the plan by the Senate to review the pay of all former leaders. In the initial plan, the former leaders' package would have been increased from N250 million proposed in the 2010 budget to about N2 billion.

Chairman of the House of Representatives committee on appropriation, Ayo Adeseun, said the money was meant to take care of the former leaders' pension, medicare, yearly vacation abroad, offices, and general maintenance. Allocations for former leaders' welfare began in 2005, when a total of N140 million was set aside for them in that year's budget. Subsequently, the following allocations were made - N105 million (2006), N24 million (2008), and N250 million (2009).

However, no allocation was made in the 2007 budget, although it might have been integrated into another item under the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF). Until 2008, when the allocation was brought under the office of the SGF, it was treated under the Presidency or State House.

Back

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5638109-146/military_leaders_benefit_from_pension_law.csp
Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by major466(m): 9:08am On Oct 21, 2014
I was among those who were not fooled by Buhari's gimmicks for cheap popularity. As far as am concerned, Buhari is worth Billions Billions of naira. Have people forgotten the 55 suitcases so soon?

Buhari is as corrupt as Abacha!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by major466(m): 9:19am On Oct 21, 2014
jaytee01:
Did the report say that the whole N2 billion was given to Buhari?
What kind of question is this? 2 billion divided by 7 living heads of States. Now how much will each of them take?
Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by idumuose(m): 9:27am On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=barcanista post=27320439]

Barcanista,i think you have comprehension problem. Where was he stated in the link
you provided that Buhari cannot earn his pension as a retired general?
Buhari was a soldier before he became the HOS,therefore,as a soldier,it is his inalienable right to
dreaw his pensions.Secondly,the nass passed a bill that will enable past heads of state to also draw pensions.

In ObJ's case,he cannot collect pension as a former HOS between 1976 -1979 and collect another pension as a president(1999 - 2007)
That is the caveat.But as a retired general,he also collects his pensions from the army.

Buhari in this case collects pension as a retired army general and this has got nothing to do with the pensions he collects as a former
HOS as this provision has been made by the NASS.

Buhari collects pension as;

1. A retired general and

2. As a former head of state(HOS)

2 Likes

Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=idumuose post=27321081][/quote] retard, between us who have comprehension problem?
The law, however, restricts anybody who has held two offices that are eligible for the perk to only one - the highest of those offices which s/he has held in order of national precedence. Thus, Olusegun Obasanjo will have to choose whether he would want his pension to be paid as former military ruler or as a democratically elected president.
Nonsense saTAN
Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by 175(m): 10:05am On Oct 21, 2014
idumuose:

As usual the jan.jaweedian attacking the messenger instead of the message.What is Buhari doing with all the money accruing to him?

If you are his wife,won't you ask him questions?

Nwanyi ajadu,I can see that the prophecy tomakint made about will surely come to pass.

Did u just call Berem. . . .Nwanyi Ajadu? bwhahaha hahahahaha u wicked ooo. . .as in Otu Ocha!!
Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by AZeD1(m): 10:07am On Oct 21, 2014
menabadoo:
if buhari couldn't invest his money wisely then how can he rule nigeria

just asking.........
Who said Buhari didn't invest wisely?
Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by ElFenomeno1: 10:08am On Oct 21, 2014
OP you are a braindead toad!

How much is the basic salary of a minister or Governor?!

Start thinking or researching from there..... DIMWITTED BAGGER!!!!
Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by idumuose(m): 10:16am On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:
retard, between us who have comprehension problem?
Nonsense saTAN
Barcanista,if you are a university graduate,God forbid though,you must have bribed your way through in order
to obtain your certificate.Even my little cousin of 15years will tell you that there is a difference between an army
General and a military ruler.Listen Phool!Obj was first of all a soldier before becoming HOS.The national assembly is
saying that OBJ cannot collect pensions as a former military ruler(not military general) and at the same time collect
pension as a former democratically elected president.

In other words OBJ cannot collect collect pensions twice just because he was head of state twice.This scenario does not
Apply to other former rulers as only OBJ ruled twice at different time in Nigeria.But as a retired general,the military also
pays his pension.Even an inbecile will understand this simple explanation.

David Mark will be entitled to draw pensions once he steps down as senate president as signed by the NASS.This does not
stop the military from paying his pensions as a retired general.

If you don't understand this simple explanation,then i'm afraid your are at par with a [size=19pt]Zombie[/size] gringrin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 21, 2014
As far as I am concerned, Buhari is the biggest undiscovered FRAUD of all time!...attempt on his life comes to mind!!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 21, 2014
What is APC ?
Aggreived People's Congress.
Assemblage of Prehistoric Confutionists.
Association of Pathetic Clowns.
Anger Participatory Council.
Amalgamation of Perenial Criminals.
Angry People's Congress.
Amaechi Problems Continues.
Association of Political Criminals.
Association Of Political Confusionists.
Allien Peoples Congress.
Association Of Pertubed Congress.
Acquired Political Criminals.
Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 21, 2014
Buhari told us about his “loan” out of embarrassment; in a pathetic bid to validate his anti-corruption credentials. But this so-called loan indicates that Buhari does not understand what it means to be anti-corruption. For Buhari, anti-corruption is a posture; it is a swagger; it is a badge; but it has no bite and, in the usual Nigerian fashion, it will be prosecuted with hypocrisy.

Buhari wants us to believe that he cannot afford 27.5 million naira. Nevertheless, he rides around in a bullet-proof Jeep and maintains a convoy of Land Cruisers. He cannot afford 27.5 million naira. Nevertheless, he declared his candidacy lavishly in Eagle Square, Abuja. Did he also take out a bank loan for that? Four months to a make-or-break election, Buhari would have us believe he has no money. How does he propose to finance his presidential campaign? Is he going to take 1 billion naira loan from the World Bank for this?- Femi Aribisala.

1 Like

Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
It is clear that Buhari is not only lacking the money to pay for APC nomination papers, he does not have the funds to pay for advisers, to counsel him about what to tell the public and how to prosecute an effective presidential campaign. His advisers might have educated him that there is something called “fund-raising.” Surely, the most popular politician in the North-West can find some of his ardent supporters to give him 27 million naira. Certainly, a former governor of the Central Bank can easily cough up the money.

Buhari wants to fight an election that will take place in four months time. From what he tells us, he does not have 27 million to prosecute that election now. If this is true, he is not the right man to be president of Nigeria. For a man who is running for election for the fourth time, that is the height of cluelessness. It shows Buhari is lousy at marshaling resources. Otherwise, he is fooling nobody but himself.

1 Like

Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by KwoiZabo(m): 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2014
Let me complete op's post finally, If buhari is not savvy or prudent enough to have 27.5 mil. then he is not worthy to manage the country's asset.
Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2014
@OP WHAT YOU BELIEVE DOES NOT MATTER
Re: Why I Believe Buhari Lied About Securing Loan To Purchase APC Presidential Form by Alfranco(m): 12:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
idumuose:

As usual the jan.jaweedian attacking the messenger instead of the message.What is Buhari doing with all the money accruing to him?

If you are his wife,won't you ask him questions?

Nwanyi ajadu,I can see that the prophecy tomakint made about will surely come to pass.

It's rare to find liberal minded apologists that will see the rationale in that piece. That's the version of politics we folks play in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari To Serving Govt Officials- 'stay Away From My Residence...walks Out Custo / SHOCKING: Army Corporal In Presidential Guards Identified As Boko Haram Combatan / Aftermath Of Ondodecides: Wike And Fayose Should Get Ready.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.