Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Nasir El-rufai To Contest The Kaduna 2015 Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasir El-rufai To Contest The Kaduna 2015 Election (748 Views)

El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die / Independence Anniversary Expenditure For The Past 5 Years. - Nasir El-rufai / Nasir El-Rufai To Sue 'The Union' Over False Assets Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nasir El-rufai To Contest The Kaduna 2015 Election by taiwo3(m): 7:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
Nasir El-rufai on his official facebook page just declared his intention to contest at the 2015 governorship election. see below his statement.

EL-RUFAI'S STATEMENT

CONFIRMATION OF ASPIRATION FOR KADUNA STATE GOVERNORSHIP IN 2015 - by: Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai - September 2014
Any observer of the social, political, and economic trends in Nigeria today must be appalled at the level of decay and despair in our society. More alarming is the dangerous path unto which the ruling party has pushed our Nation. It does not require genius to realize that the signs are ominous and the very future of our dear country is far from certain.
Our state, Kaduna, is now fragmented across ethnic and religious lines. Without federal allocations, the state cannot survive. Our renowned educational institutions are decaying, while unemployment and youth restiveness are visible. Trust in government is low and the essentials needed to stimulate socio-economic development are most lacking. The Kaduna state that was once a point of reference in peaceful coexistence, progress and fairness in the Northern region in particular and Nigeria as a whole is now lagging behind most states created recently.
The situation should not and must not be allowed to deteriorate further, otherwise the cohesive fabric of our community may be completely destroyed. Bearing in mind the need to rescue our beloved state; coupled with deep reflection and wide consultation with stakeholders who cherish the importance of providing good leadership, I have resolved to contest for the office of the Governor of Kaduna State on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2015 elections.
We do not underestimate, by any means, the challenges ahead. We also appreciate the enormity of the tasks ahead and the potential land mines that the ruling party will inevitably place on our path. We therefore, most humbly, solicit your guidance, support and prayers as we begin the journey to rebuild Kaduna State and put our people on the road to peace and socio-economic prosperity.
In due course, my colleagues and I will make every effort to visit and intimate you of the progress we have made so far, unfold our strategies and present our ideas towards making Kaduna State great again. We shall value your thoughts and guidance in these regards.
I hope you will support, guide and assist our efforts at ensuring that the APC wins all elective positions in Kaduna State to enable us free our citizens from insecurity, underdevelopment and despair.
I thank you very much and hope to reach out to you in the weeks and months ahead. In the event we are unable to do so, we nevertheless crave for your blessings and prayers, while appreciating any counsel and support through what ever means possible.
Best regards,
Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai, OFR
Re: Nasir El-rufai To Contest The Kaduna 2015 Election by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 20, 2014
Op I skimmed, scan and all I saw was elrufai... Where tambul ?

(1) (Reply)

2015: Jonathan’s Re-election Will Set Nigeria Ablaze Again – Gumi / If Buhari Was ASSASSINATED, Obasanjo Would Have Joined APC / DEFECTION: Labour Party Gives Mimiko 21 Days To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.