Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality (5311 Views)

self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / Amazing Facts About The Pope, Roman Catholic Church And The Vatican / Should The Popes Buttler Be Jailed For Exposing "Evil" At The Vatican? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 21, 2014
Trailblazer1:

I'm sorry for trying to remove the pebbles in the Catholics eyes. Please, continue with your homosexuality.

Oloribruku go and get the latest update on this gay issue and quit making a fool of yourself. You are not even current
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Ajibam: 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
chukwudi44:

Ode I never claimed to be the author of dat write up
Original poster means op!
Seriously, are you okay?
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Ukutsgp(m): 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2014
chukwudi44:

Just like pentecostal pastors are iniquities themselves
pentecostal church dont embrace gays.
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Ukutsgp(m): 4:52pm On Oct 21, 2014
chukwudi44:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Apostolic_Pentecostals
u are so fake as the link u provided. Now, tell me, did redeem, christ embassy, deeper life, church of God mission, mountain of fire & miracle ministry, Etc embraced gays?
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Trailblazer1(m): 4:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
chukwudi44:

Oloribruku go and get the latest update on this gay issue and quit making a fool of yourself. You are not even current

My dear brother, you are too big for those insults. I respect you and will always do.
Stay rapturable.
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ukutsgp:
u are so fake as the link u provided. Now, tell me, did redeem, christ embassy, deeper life, church of God mission, mountain of fire & miracle ministry, Etc embraced gays?

Ode are these churches u mentioned, the only pentecostal churches? U r even more stupid than I thought.You should concentrate on first converting your fellow penterascals before trying to convert catholics.Just use Google and you will even see more

How many people outside Nigeria even know about these churches u just mentioned
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Trailblazer1(m): 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
chukwudi44:

Ode are these churches u mentioned, the only pentecostal churches? U r even more stupid than I thought.You should concentrate on first converting your fellow penterascals before trying to convert catholics.Just use Google and you will even see more

How many people outside Nigeria even know. about these churches u just mentioned

You seem so pained that the catholic church is mentioned here. You don't have to throw tantrums to buttress your point.
Brother chukwudi, please be a gentleman.
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
Trailblazer1:

You seem so pained that the catholic church is mentioned here. You don't have to throw tantrums to buttress your point.
Brother chukwudi, please be a gentleman.

Why don't you mention your fellow protestant who has already adopted homosexuality!!! The vatican has never legalised homisexuality!!! It only said homosexuals should not be victimised!!! Your title is mischievous and misleading!!!b if you want to be a gentleman,first edit your title to match with the facts on ground
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by vest(m): 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ajibam:

In gay relationship, the ladies right are deprived!
In lesbian relationship, the guys right are deprived!!

Even to both relationships, the right of children to be procreated is deprived.. You won't have been alive spewing rubbish now if your mum was busy with a nun and your dad was equally busy with a Catholic priest having sex in a room, when they ought to mate to bring you to planet earth..
Wat Abt Mastubators Do They Also Get Arrested For Depriving Rite??Hmmm! Answer
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Trailblazer1(m): 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2014
chukwudi44:

Why don't you mention your fellow protestant who has already adopted homosexuality!!! The vatican has never legalised homisexuality!!! It only said homosexuals should not be victimised!!! Your title is mischievous and misleading!!!b if you want to be a gentleman,first edit your title to match with the facts on ground

Mr holier than thou!
Hasnt there been reported cases of gay catholic priests?
Or you want an expose to issues that led to the resignation of pope Benedict d VI?
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by vest(m): 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ukutsgp:
con con Head.
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by SalC: 8:17pm On Oct 21, 2014
Trailblazer1:
The Nigerian government thinks homosexuality and lesbianism is insanity and offensive to the Nigerian society and subsequently, declared it illegal, with a jail term of 14 years imposed as punishment to deterrents.

On the other hand, the catholic Vaticans thinks otherwise. They opine that gays has something to offer the church.

Is being a gay moral to you?
Who's right?

Please share your opinion
If by the bold you are referring to the content of the draft presented to the bishops for deliberation, I think you need to read again the outcome of the synod on this.

If on the other hand you are referring to the outcome of the synod, then you do err.

The church did not change its stand on gays,
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by italo: 5:50am On Oct 22, 2014
MacCantStopMe:

Good argument. I just hope your pentecostal brethren can use their brains on this issue....

Their brains shut down when attacking Catholics.
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by italo: 5:59am On Oct 22, 2014
Trailblazer1:

You have a point there bro.
But;
Homosexuality should be anathema
Never to be mentioned in the church of Christ.

Homosexuality should be anathema...

Money laundering by pastor Oritsejafor should not be anathema...

Masturbation should not be anathema according to pastor Chris...

TB Joshua sacrificing lives of his members by his greed and negligence should not be anathema...

Pentecostal pastor giving his members petrol to drink should not be anathema...

Pastor Biodun COZA sleeping with the girls in his 'church' should not be anathema...

Pentecostal pastor in Brazil telling his female members to suck holy milk from his manhood should not be anathema...

FOOOOOOOOOLS!
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Trailblazer1(m): 8:31am On Oct 22, 2014
italo:

Homosexuality should be anathema...

Money laundering by pastor Oritsejafor should not be anathema...

Masturbation should not be anathema according to pastor Chris...

TB Joshua sacrificing lives of his members by his greed and negligence should not be anathema...

Pentecostal pastor giving his members petrol to drink should not be anathema...

Pastor Biodun COZA sleeping with the girls in his 'church' should not be anathema...

Pentecostal pastor in Brazil telling his female members to suck holy milk from his manhood should not be anathema...

FOOOOOOOOOLS!

Don't be angry my dear brother.
On what side are you? Good or evil?
What is good is good and what is evil is evil.
If you love gayism in the church of Christ, more grease to your elbow.

But those your allegations up there, are very grave. Hope you can substantiate your claims?
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by italo: 8:59am On Oct 22, 2014
Trailblazer1:

But those your allegations up there, are very grave. Hope you can substantiate your claims?

Rev. King burning his members alive should not be anathema...

That one was substatiated in court.

Keep fooling yourself, chasing after gays and neglecting your own sins.

Homosexuals are making their way to heaven before you!
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Trailblazer1(m): 9:16am On Oct 22, 2014
italo:

Rev. King burning his members alive should not be anathema...

That one was substatiated in court.

Keep fooling yourself, chasing after gays and neglecting your own sins.

Homosexuals are making their way to heaven before you!

You accused five people but was only able to prove one out of five. What happened to the rest four people you accused? Mr accuser of the brethren.

Btw, did say homosexuals are making there way to heaven before me?

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. Revelation 21:27

Maybe you meant catholic heaven(purgatory)
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by italo: 10:36am On Oct 22, 2014
Trailblazer1:

You accused five people but was only able to prove one out of five. What happened to the rest four people you accused? Mr accuser of the brethren.

Btw, did say homosexuals are making there way to heaven before me?

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. Revelation 21:27

Maybe you meant catholic heaven(purgatory)

1. What have you done with the one I proved? Dodge it.

2. But you also defile yourself with abominable things...or are you without sin?

3. Not all homosexuals commit homosexual acts while heterosexuals also commit abominable acts.
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by benELOHIM7(m): 10:42am On Oct 22, 2014
the anus was designed for excretion, the vagina was designed for intercourse.....satan in collabo with man has been going against God since time immemorial..smh
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Ukutsgp(m): 11:09am On Oct 22, 2014
vest:
con con Head.
are u nut?
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Ukutsgp(m): 11:12am On Oct 22, 2014
italo:

Their brains shut down when attacking Catholics.
just shut up. u are making baseless allegations.
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Ukutsgp(m): 11:16am On Oct 22, 2014
chukwudi44:

i hv nt seen any pentecostal embracing gays and defending the acts like the catholic. this shows how depraved they are.
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Trailblazer1(m): 11:18am On Oct 22, 2014
italo:

2. But you also defile yourself with abominable things...or are you without sin?

3. Not all homosexuals commit homosexual acts while heterosexuals also commit abominable acts.

Mr Accuser of the brethren, I have no business defending sin or a sinner. Evil is evil and I condemn it. But unlike you, I accused no one.
Even when pope Benedict VI resigned due to some purported scandals, was he accused?

See how you are trying hard to fine-tune and defend an abomination. Smh...................

Homosexuality is sodomy an anathema
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 22, 2014
Trailblazer1:

Mr holier than thou!
Hasnt there been reported cases of gay catholic priests?
Or you want an expose to issues that led to the resignation of pope Benedict d VI?

ODE MAYBE YOU KNOW MORE THAN CNN AND BBC AND OTHER MEDIA OUTLETS.WHY DONT YOU HELP ME ON THE SECRET BEHIND POPE BENEDICT'S RESIGNATION.YOU SHOULD ALSO FOCUS ON THE THOUSANDS OF GAY PROTESTSNT PASTORS IN THE WORLD.YOU SHOULD FIRST WORK TOWARDS FIRST CONVERTING THESE YOUR FELOW PROTESTRANTS BEFORE COMMING TO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 22, 2014
Trailblazer1:

OLORIBRUKU FIRST TRY AND CONVERT YOUR FELLOW PROTESTANTS BEFORE COMMING TO CONVERT CATHOLICS
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2014

Mr Accuser of the brethren, I have no business defending sin or a sinner. Evil is evil and I condemn it. But unlike you, I accused no one.
Even when pope Benedict VI resigned due to some purported scandals, was he accused?

MUMU WHERE DID YOU GET THIS FROM?

Benedict announced in February 2013 that, due to his advanced age, he would step down.[9][10] At the age of 85 years and 318 days on the effective date of his retirement, he was the fourth-oldest person to hold the office of pope.

He announced his intention to resign in Latin at the Apostolic Palace in the Sala del Concistoro, at an early morning gathering on 11 February 2013, which was the World Day of the Sick, a Vatican holy day. The gathering was to announce the date of the canonisation of 800 Catholic martyrs,[11] Antonio Primaldo and companions, as well as the Latin American nuns Laura Montoya Upegui and Maria Guadalupe Garcia Zavala.[12][13] At the ceremony, known as the "Consistory for the canonization of the martyrs of Otranto", he told those present he had made "a decision of great importance for the life of the church".[2][14] In a statement, Benedict cited his deteriorating strength due to old age and the physical and mental demands of the papacy.[7] He also declared that he would continue to serve the church "through a life dedicated to prayer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resignation_of_Pope_Benedict_XVI
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Trailblazer1(m): 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
chukwudi44:

OLORIBRUKU FIRST TRY AND CONVERT YOUR FELLOW PROTESTANTS BEFORE COMMING TO CONVERT CATHOLICS

My dear brother, all these curses you are dishing out are they for me

Anyway that will not deter me.
Now let me give you an expose.
Enjoy:
http://news.yahoo.com/did-secret-vatican-report-gay-sex-blackmail-bring-160458902.html

Pope Benedict XVI has claimed that he's resigning the papacy next week because of old age. But according to the major Italian newspaper La Repubblica, the real reason he resigned is because he did not want to deal the repercussions of a secret 300-page Vatican dossier that allegedly found, among other things, an underground network of high-ranking gay clergy, complete with sex parties and shady dealings with the already scandal-ridden Vatican bank. Here's what we know:

The report sounds menacing. According to La Repubblica, the dossier comes in two volumes, "two folders hard-bound in red" with the header "pontifical secret."

Pope Benedict asked for the investigation. "The paper said the pope had taken the decision on 17 December that he was going to resign — the day he received a dossier compiled by three cardinals delegated to look into the so-called 'Vatileaks' affair," according to the The Guardian's translation of the report.

The Vatican has a Velvet Mafia — and the Velvet Mafia is being blackmailed. The dossier alleges that a gay lobby exists within the Church, and has some sort of control on the careers of those in the Vatican. The dossier also alleges that this group isn't as covert as it thinks — and got blackmailed by people on the outside. "The cardinals were said to have uncovered an underground gay network, whose members organise sexual meetings in several venues in Rome and Vatican City, leaving them prone to blackmail," reads The Sydney Morning Herald's translation of the report, and The Guardian adds: "They included a villa outside the Italian capital, a sauna in a Rome suburb, a beauty parlour in the centre, and a former university residence that was in use by a provincial Italian archbishop." Some important context on this still powerful group:

This isn't the first time there's been talk of a gay faction inside the highest ranks of the Church. Indeed, it isn't even the first time that La Repubblica has written about it. Back in 2010, Ghinedu Ehiem, a Nigerian clergyman who was part of one of the Vatican's prestigious choirs, was dismissed after police wiretaps found him negotiating for male prostitutes. La Repubblica had those wiretaps. And "in 2007 a senior official was suspended from the congregation, or department, for the priesthood, after he was filmed in a 'sting' organised by an Italian television programme while apparently making sexual overtures to a younger man," according to The Guardian — evidence the paper says connects to a gay network within the Holy See.
La Repubblica's sourcing seems to have been corroborated. So how much of this new scandal should you believe? Well, La Repubblica is not the only publication with an outline of this scandalous dossier. Panorama, an Italian weekly, has a similar report out late this week and according to the AFP, both publications have sources (perhaps the same source) who said the same thing: that the investigation shows transgressions that "revolve around the sixth and seventh commandments" — "Thou shall not commit adultery" and "Thou shall not steal." It's assumed in multiple reports that homosexual sex acts fall under the "adultery" umbrella. 

The Vatican's bank sounds fishy. La Repubblica says that the seventh commandment ("Though shall not steal"wink has to do with the Institute of Religious Works, the Vatican's Bank. "The three cardinals continued to work beyond 17 December last year. They came up with the latest events concerning the IOR — here you go to the seventh commandment," reads the report, according to a rough Google Translation. On February 15, Pope Benedict appointed Ernst von Freyberg, a German lawyer, to head the scandalous bank.

The Vatican's response isn't exactly comforting. They Church isn't flat-out denying the inflammatory allegations from La Repubblica, and they've pulled the classic act of neither confirming nor denying. Vatican spokesman Father Ferederico Lombardi said in a statement: 

Neither the cardinals' commission nor I will make comments to confirm or deny the things that are said about this matter. Let each one assume his or her own responsibilities. We shall not be following up on the observations that are made about this.

Pope Benedict's successor will have a rough first day. If this damning dossier was really a big enough deal to have forced the first papal resignation in 600 years, who gets to deal with it? That undertaking will go to Benedict's successor. According to La Repubblica, the dossier will stay in a secret papal safe and delivered to Benedict's successor whenever he is elected — and that isn't all, La Repubblica said this gay blackmail thing is just the first in a series of articles by the paper.
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Trailblazer1(m): 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2014
since you are not ashame of scandals, enjoy it.

bombshell report revealed Pope Benedict’s (right) resignation is tied to top Vatican clergy involved in sex romps with male prostitutes at Rome saunas.
’s stunning resignation is being linked to a bombshell report exposing a secret gay conclave at the Vatican being blackmailed over acts of a “worldly nature” with laymen.Pope Benedict

The 300-page dossier — compiled by three cardinals investigating the theft of Vatican documents — was given to the Pope on Dec. 17, the same day he decided to resign, an Italian newspaper reported Friday.

Just days after receiving the report, Pope Benedict railed against gay marriage and homosexuality, calling it “the manipulation of nature.”

The probe uncovered a number of factions within the Vatican, including one whose members were “united by sexual orientation,” La Repubblica reported, citing passages from the report.

Members of the gay lobby included high-ranking Catholic clergy who organized sex romps at a Rome sauna, a suburban Rome villa and a beauty parlor, according to the report. The group was also known to meet at a university residence used by an Italian archbishop.

Quoting a high-placed Vatican source, La Repubblica revealed members of the gay faction were being subjected to “external influence” or blackmail, from laymen with whom they had relationships of a “worldly nature.”

Male prostitutes — who had pictures of the priests dressed in drag and others performing gay sex acts — were behind the extortion, The Daily Beast reported.

POLIZIA MODERNA/AP
In this photo released by Italian Polizia Moderna police magazine staff, an aerial view of the St. Peter"s Basilica and square at the Vatican Thursday April 7, 2005, ahead of Pope John Paul II"s funeral scheduled for Friday April 8, 2005.
“Everything revolves around the nonobservance of the Sixth and Seventh Commandments,” a source close to the cardinals who prepared the report told La Repubblica.

The Sixth Commandment instructs: “Thou shall not commit adultery” and under Catholic doctrine also forbids homosexuality. The Seventh Commandment declares stealing to be a sin.

The report, which comes in two volumes bound in red covers, is being kept in a safe at the papal apartments. It is to be delivered to the next Pope once he is elected.

It was prepared by Spanish Cardinal Julián Herranz, Slovak Cardinal Jozef Tomko and Cardinal Salvatore De Giorgi, a former archbishop of Palermo.

The sleuthing cardinals were ordered by Pope Benedict to conduct a secret investigation into the so-called “Vatileaks” scandal involving the pontiff’s former butler, Paolo Gabriele.

Gabriele was arrested in May for stealing and leaking papal correspondence to the press.

ALBERTO PIZZOLI/AFP/GETTY IMAGES
Journalist David Gibson, who wrote the latest biography on Pope Benedict, said the Pope"s resignation was likely due to numerous factors, mainly revolving around the internal problems of the Vatican, of which sexual shenanigans were likely one.
Benedict, 85, publicly announced on Feb. 11 that he is stepping down after heading the Holy See for nearly eight years. He is the first Pope to retire in more than seven centuries.

Vatican spokesman, Father Federico Lombardi, said he would not “confirm or deny” news accounts of the report.

The Pope’s last day on the job is Feb. 28. His successor will be chosen in March by the 116-member College of Cardinals — which includes Timothy Cardinal Dolan, head of the New York Archdiocese.

“I know nothing of the content of the report but whatever it contains it is clear that significant reforms are needed within the Vatican bureaucracy,” said Australia’s George Cardinal Pell.

Journalist David Gibson, who wrote the latest biography on Pope Benedict, said it is a stretch to infer the pontiff’s resignation was prompted by the cardinals’ report. “For one thing, Benedict’s resignation was most certainly the result of numerous factors, mainly revolving around the internal problems of the Vatican, of which sexual shenanigans were likely one — but hardly the only one, or even the principal one,” Gibson wrote in his online blog.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/world/pope-resignation-linked-gay-conclave-report-article-1.1271328
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by Trailblazer1(m): 3:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
italo:

Are you still following?

Hope you have now realized that the most holy pope lied to the world about his resignation?

Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by italo: 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
Homosexuality is not necessarily sodomy, empty vessel.
Trailblazer1:

See how you are trying hard to fine-tune and defend an abomination. Smh...................

Homosexuality is sodomy an anathema
Re: Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality by italo: 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2014
Homosexuals are going to heaven before you.

face your own abominable sins and those of your gay, adulterous and money laundering pastors
Trailblazer1:

Are you still following?

Hope you have now realized that the most holy pope lied to the world about his resignation?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chronicles Of The Greatness Of Olumba Olumba Obu / Fatherhood Of Jesus ! / How Come Atheists Are Celebrating Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.