Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,867 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins (10797 Views)

The Bad Side Of Women Been Submissive To There Man. / What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. / I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins by Acidosis(m): 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Do you know the origin of that 'ordinance'?

'God' is a White Male somewhere between 70 and 80 with a white mane and white beard. He is clothed in a flowing white robe and wears sandals. He owns a fine piece of strictly VIP real-estate called "Heaven" and has His handsome, trimly bearded, immaculately conceived Son (who is him but also not Him) sitting on a throne to His right (there is a white dove floating to His left). The third character, the Holy Ghost, is nowhere to be found/seen (I suppose this has something to do with his ghostly nature) - but there are trumpets! Trumpets are huge deal in heaven. It is said the angels use them to play heavenly jingles, and whatnot.

That aside, throughout the centuries, Gods own have been through quite the mis-adventures. They've witnessed plagues, talking snakes, parting seas, life in the belly of a whale, near slaughter of an only child by the command of said 'God', a worldwide flood and a resultant shared voyage with pairs of millions of animals and pesky insects of all kinds, and etc etc. - but they've learned a lot a long the way. Submission was one of those things.

Most people claim it was Paul (who btw looks alot like 'God') in his white-bearded wisdom who first ordered wives to submit to husbands right after he ordered husbands and wives to submit to each other...but alas that is not the real origin of this whole submission thingamajig. The real command came from the Son himself in a story I will now illustrate to you:

'And Jesus set out toward the Mount of Olives, being lost, Mary Magdalene turned to him saying

'Rabbi, why don't you stop at one of these wells and ask for directions'

Jesus, being annoyed, said unto her

'Woman, can not you see that I wear the man robes? Why then doest thou question my navigational prowess? Nay, but let all women keep silent and do whatever the man sayeth.'

And thus he took the scenic route; across the sea of reed.'

So you see, this whole submission Ish started long before Paul had a chance to set feather and ink to parchment. And that, my friend, is the story of the true origin of your above mentioned ordinance. A-men! tongue

Disclaimer: May contain some creative license, but no offense meant. My exposure to Christianity is limited to years at a private (catholic) school, staring at "Biblical Art", and speed reading the King James Bible many a time smiley
smh
Re: Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins by crackhaus: 9:48am On Oct 24, 2014
^^^
cheesycheesy

Are you not the author of this thread? grin
Re: Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins by Peejayybold(f): 10:18am On Oct 24, 2014
Nice write up
Re: Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins by AJOT99(m): 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
crackhaus:
^^^
cheesycheesy

Are you not the author of this thread? grin

Yes I am. Hope dre is no problem?
Re: Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins by AJOT99(m): 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
Acidosis:

smh

Smh too

1 Like

Re: Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins by AJOT99(m): 2:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Do you know the origin of that 'ordinance'?

'God' is a White Male somewhere between 70 and 80 with a white mane and white beard. He is clothed in a flowing white robe and wears sandals. He owns a fine piece of strictly VIP real-estate called "Heaven" and has His handsome, trimly bearded, immaculately conceived Son (who is him but also not Him) sitting on a throne to His right (there is a white dove floating to His left). The third character, the Holy Ghost, is nowhere to be found/seen (I suppose this has something to do with his ghostly nature) - but there are trumpets! Trumpets are huge deal in heaven. It is said the angels use them to play heavenly jingles, and whatnot.

That aside, throughout the centuries, Gods own have been through quite the mis-adventures. They've witnessed plagues, talking snakes, parting seas, life in the belly of a whale, near slaughter of an only child by the command of said 'God', a worldwide flood and a resultant shared voyage with pairs of millions of animals and pesky insects of all kinds, and etc etc. - but they've learned a lot a long the way. Submission was one of those things.

Most people claim it was Paul (who btw looks alot like 'God') in his white-bearded wisdom who first ordered wives to submit to husbands right after he ordered husbands and wives to submit to each other...but alas that is not the real origin of this whole submission thingamajig. The real command came from the Son himself in a story I will now illustrate to you:

'And Jesus set out toward the Mount of Olives, being lost, Mary Magdalene turned to him saying

'Rabbi, why don't you stop at one of these wells and ask for directions'

Jesus, being annoyed, said unto her

'Woman, can not you see that I wear the man robes? Why then doest thou question my navigational prowess? Nay, but let all women keep silent and do whatever the man sayeth.'

And thus he took the scenic route; across the sea of reed.'

So you see, this whole submission Ish started long before Paul had a chance to set feather and ink to parchment. And that, my friend, is the story of the true origin of your above mentioned ordinance. A-men! tongue

Disclaimer: May contain some creative license, but no offense meant. My exposure to Christianity is limited to years at a private (catholic) school, staring at "Biblical Art", and speed reading the King James Bible many a time smiley

And u think ur soul is enlightened? My brother, u are on d wrong side o
Re: Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
AJOT99:

And u think ur soul is enlightened? My brother, u are on d wrong side o

The wrong side? Unfortunately, this isn't a two-sided coin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

thank you / The Frustrations Of Older Nigerian Women Who Are Sex-starved By Their Husband. / She Beat Up Her Son For Writing This On A Book. Is It Right(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.