Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy (20786 Views)

Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy / Fayose Praises Buhari, Urges Nigerians To Accept Election Results / Jonathan Urges Nigerians To Patiently Wait For INEC To Collate, Announce Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by Jyde89: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2014
i'll bear with the situation of the economy if Mrs minister finance agrees to recieve the minimum wage monthly without any other allowance.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by priscaoge(f): 10:19am On Oct 22, 2014
daey118:

Nigeria is like a Husband that cannot provide for his Fam. And he keeps telling you to wait that "It shall be Well" even when he's using the small small money he has to drink "monkey Tail" and "Jedi" in Iya kabiru's joint.. Would You still consider him the "Head of the Home" no matter what ? undecided #GiantOfAfricaIndeed

You don't understand it do you?? No matter what happens, am still proud to be a Nigerian,and my dear country is still d Giant kiss. I don't seek 4 anyone's opinnion wink wink

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 22, 2014
[deleted]
Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by daey118(m): 11:19am On Oct 22, 2014
priscaoge:

You don't understand it do you?? No matter what happens, am still proud to be a Nigerian,and my dear country is still d Giant kiss. I don't seek 4 anyone's opinnion wink wink
Oh.ok. Good for you

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by Akinsnaira: 11:42am On Oct 22, 2014
She should spare us this her mendacious riposte, as if they actually care about what the masses think about the Economy. In fact, all the corrupt office booty holders should continue to enjoy their largesse with impunity as Nigerian masses are not mentally ready for any retribution.

Anything goes in this present day Nigeria.

So Madam, keep on preening yourself in that ill-gotten affluence

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 22, 2014
Sometimes, things need to be a little tighter,
easier and we just have to weather it and
manage ourselves but that does not amount to
the country being broke
Madam, it's always been this way since 2010! The economy has always been tight. What we would like to know is the real impact of our economic progress on the masses. We want an accurate account of all the trillions

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by olaitan4real: 1:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
Na tief den be jare...mak den sha no economize ma pocky nd ma pple
Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2014
Okonjo,take it or leave it,this government has missed it ! Come to think of it,do you guys think we all dumb or foolish ? Nigerians should bear with who ? Millions are going about on hungry stomach while somebody is taking over a billion naira has feeding allowance. Several millions of dollars are unaccounted for, yet Nigerians should bear with you. How can we bear with the government that romances corruption ?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by peterbus(m): 1:55pm On Oct 22, 2014
Nigeria finance minister and her propaganda
Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2014
UzzyPhil:
To be clear:
1: Numbers make absolutely zero sense where it shows no impact in the economic reality of the ordinary civilian working hard for his wellbeing and that of his dependents.
2: A lack of any independent verification of the supposedly wonderful GDP and other macro economic terminology only adds credence to the perceived dubiousness of touted positive growth. However, I put this down to a lack of private sector involvement especially the Economic and policy research institutes (if indeed we have any) of the country in the day to day affairs of the nation.
3: These are issues that should spur an intelligitible political debate and response from the opposition based on facts and using the freeedom of information act to gather relevant data that debunks the eonomic jargon and paints actual on ground reality (ahh, our politicians are 70 years and above).
4: It is a damning indictment of our youths when it comes to challenging the authorities that be and demanding better accountability by being accountable themselves through diligent research and peaceful protests (however I dont blame them due to the lawlessness of the Nigerian state afterall my humble self is an armchair critic embarassed).

Let us continue to pray for the governance of heaven to change things for us.. undecided lipsrsealed.

Check out BudgIT. They doing an admirable job sifting through the jargon and publicizing financial statistics for Nigerians using infographics.

www.yourbudgit.com

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by Pamcrest(f): 3:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
Poverty is still walking around with 4 legs n squashing lives prematurely yet someone wants people to still bear with d economy....for how long naa? The numbers u quoted have no visible impact on quality of life.....when will Nigeria's saviour come n upstage this current crop of selfish inept corrupt leaders n managers. cry
My humble submission
Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by abagnalie: 3:03pm On Oct 22, 2014
U mean economy that shehas succeeded in destroying
Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by 10kundi: 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
HAH:
For how long are we going to keep bearing with you:

"Only a fool will keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result"

Solution ; kick out PDP 2015

Nigeria sai Buhari/ Fashola

haha, that is stealing o. Give credit to the genius that owns the statement.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by cupidhero(m): 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2014
priscaoge:
Nigeria is still the Giant of Africa no matter the amount of corruption from the Corrupt Leaders.!!!!!
miss oge i like you but i'm sorry to tell you this nigeria is no giant,when you mention nigeria as a giant of africa that means you are actually looking down on africa. nigeria is the most populous oil rich black nation in the world.i love your optimism but a country that cannot protect a single local government from insurgents is no giant.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by cupidhero(m): 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
i hate lies and false hopes. it will take a drug more hallucinogenic than belladonna to make me believe in nigeria getting better in the future. it is true the economy is growing but one thing she forgot to tell you is that the economy is growing in the wrong soil and this soil happens to be the pockets and offshore accounts of the elite in power.

Believe those seeking the truth,Doubt those who find it-anonymous
Re: Okonjo-iweala Urges Nigerians Tobear With The Nature Of The Economy by thankgod460(m): 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
hmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekiti 2018: Fayemi Declares, Says APC Will Defeat, Jail Fayose / Senator Abba Moro Adopts Two Kids, Celebrates Nigeria At 59 With Orphans (Photo / G5 Governors Will Soon Shut Door Of Reconciliation - Wike Warns PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.