Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Worst Course You Took In School - Education (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Worst Course You Took In School (76292 Views)

What Is The Coolest Course You Can Study At A Nigerian University?(see Responses / Best Course You Did In School / Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by techie(m): 10:15am On Oct 25, 2014
Abiagirl777:
O.D.E.(mth 203)
Eng 209(eng.thermodynamics),the lecturer dat handled a huge chunk of de course is a hopeless stammerer.
My set failed de course lyk the world trade centre failed in 9/11

Engineering Thermodynamics was my worst course too. The lecturers seem mean because they don't understand it themselves.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Kennyslimsteve(m): 10:38am On Oct 25, 2014
geophyscist:
is it uniport.
no osun state uni
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 25, 2014
rationalmind:
Second semester 200L Engineering drawing.

Twas just three questions and we were to answer all.

I didn't know any cheesy

Did u finish from Unilorin?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 25, 2014
zleemshaddy:
tenkz alot , itz lyk u also studied BCH ,which uni?

still studying it sef. Lautech.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Bbdealer(m): 11:00am On Oct 25, 2014
Ordinary differential calculus, potential theory on spherical harmonics and adjustment computation III
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Royaltriplee: 11:10am On Oct 25, 2014
COURSE:Introduction to Political Science.
INSTITUTION: UNICAL
LECTURER:PROF C.O BASSEY
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Omimah: 11:33am On Oct 25, 2014
MaziOmenuko:
Borrowed one Civil Engr course in my sophomore year; Strength of Material. After that course, I started respecting all CVE undergrads.

Had a big 'F' on first trial, didn't border myself with it again until my finals.
At OAU, Ile-Ife?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by sheylarhh(m): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2014
sodyc5050:
worst course was definitely MCB 403(Pharmaceutical microbiology). A day never passed without me thinking of d course all tru d 6 months ASUU strike last year. After several weeks n days of studying , u get into d exam and u could hardly answer a question ( bablo's aspect). Thank God it was taught by two lecturers n not BABLO alone. The course really took away an appreciable amount of blood n flesh from me during d waiting period for d results to be released. But at last I had a C. BABLO diaris God ooooooooooo
Lol am currently during d course... Bablo and Akinpelu
d only tin i grabed frm bablo class is u have to study d kinetics and dynamics of the reaction
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by hero10(m): 11:44am On Oct 25, 2014
Kennyslimsteve:
no osun state uni
what department? am also a student of uniosun sociology department.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 25, 2014
lekahm:

Did u finish from Unilorin?

No, Uniben.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by naturalwaves: 11:52am On Oct 25, 2014
A sadist handled our MATHEMATICAL METHODS II when I was in school. Never smiled in class, taught so passively but tests and exams were hell. We had a lot of things to read up prior to the exam and I didn't even sleep for 2 days before exams. When the question eventually came, come see question! The cheapest thing there was the Green's theorem where you will start with the proofs, the Laplace transform I was banking to have a whole question set on it failed to be so, it was just question (4d) that was set on it. I got an E in that course and about half of the students that took it failed even Engineering students. We staged a protest, saw the VC, the lecturer was called and he was told to upgrade the course with about 5 marks or so, he refused. He said the law states that a course should be upgraded if 50% + failed but just 47%failed his course and he wouldn't upgrade .

Another challenging course was REAL ANALSIS and God be with you if Dr AAA Agboola will take you that course. He is not a sadist(most people think he is though) but believes everyone should be a genius. He seems to like that aspect of maths where most lecturers dread. 90% of his published works are on Groups, rings, hormomophism theorems, real analysis and all other abstract mathematical areas. His questions are not usually easy too. We had a C,2Ds, about 34Es and the remaining ones from 70 of us scored "F". Students gave testimonies for getting an "E" in that course. No be small thing o! We were blessed in terms of lecturers ; we had 2 of the best 20 mathematicians in Africa (Oguntuanse and co).

I can never forget our computer programming courses too, those ones na die. Not until 300 level, we used to write programs on papers . From 300 level, all our programming courses were done straight on the system and right there in the examination hall, you will know if you have failed or passed cos you will run the programs and if none fails to run, na F be that.

#unaab#
#computer science#

1 Like

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by dooch(m): 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
Cognitive psychology and Clinical psychology both taught by the same lecturer

Calculus of Several Variables and Abstract
Algebra..

the problem was the way the lecturers thought the courses.

#PsychologyandMathematics
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by hero10(m): 12:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
Mine is SOC 103 Introduction to Anthropology. the course is not hard but d lecturer is something else. i manage to scale through with a C
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
Opytim:

still studying it sef. Lautech.
aiit best of luck

1 Like

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by chalxdon(m): 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
Stelvin101:

Accounting

Am an Accountant buh shoutout to all the Mech/Elect engr students wey survive courses like Fluid, Thermodynamics, Technical Drawing and the rest. Ma bro who did Mech engr is d best genius av ever seen. Who say book easy make e go school grin
OK. The exam was a case study, no wonder it had many pages
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Climax4: 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2014
My own is the same multidisciplinary case study very rubbish course
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2014
dooch:
Cognitive psychology and Clinical psychology both taught by the same lecturer

Calculus of Several Variables and Abstract
Algebra..

the problem was the way the lecturers thought the courses.

#PsychologyandMathematics
wtf is there calculus in psychology I'm studying psyc 100l
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by itziyanu(m): 1:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
nykolaax:
Real Analysis(Abstract Maths) Computer Science.... it was bleeped
crazy course that has a crazy lecturer in FUNAAB
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by obiak4(m): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
VocalWalls:
Engineering thermodynamics

Probably because of the dreaded lecturer.
dat one of my favorite course although i had a D BUT I STIL MADE DISTINCTION
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Jamaticulus(m): 1:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
STOCHASTIC PROCESS...MTS 522!!! *pheww*
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Abiagirl777(f): 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
MrMi6:
dunno why futoites over-rate ODE and Thermo.

Neva overated it,i was ready to deal wit it but when de lecturers were nowhere to be found and then later came wit questions diff frm de previous yrs.i wonder wot u xpectd.dat was de last tym i had e as a grade.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by imperiouxx(m): 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ipledge:
i like physical chemitry so much...non organic chemistry is my night mare

Only few people ever say this.

I refused take that silly course at masters level.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by imperiouxx(m): 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
trustedward:
Biochemistry

Which of them?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2014
imperiouxx:

Only few people ever say this.

I refused take that silly course at masters level.
It's very hard at the start but the steps in solving its calculation looks the same
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by imperiouxx(m): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ipledge:
It's very hard at the start but the steps in solving its calculation looks the same

The course seems crappy and a waste of time to me.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
L
imperiouxx:

The course seems crappy and a waste of time to me.
Lol,have ever come across a chemistry text book called Abass?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
Fluid mechanics embarassed

I won't even wish for my worst enemy to write that course twice .
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by jibikunle: 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ipledge:
LLol,have ever come across a chemistry text book called Abass?
bro are u a ladokite
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by ocelot2006(m): 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
Thermodynamics. I had a passionate hatred for the Course.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by holysaint1(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
Franchise21:
Buh r u running from somefin? There r lots of statistical calculations in economics. Both r related courses!!!

yeah i recently noticed... i guess am doin d best i can to keep em grades up.. :/
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by ocelot2006(m): 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
Phegar:
Circuit theory (pye 313) another dreaded course,

Circuit theory? Huh....It wasn't that bad
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by jackpot(f): 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
redsquare:
EEE 507 Introduction to VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration).
ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGR UNIPORT 2006. The lecturer Engr Kamalu is a f.ucktard. The exam question the i.diot gives the student to write in 3hrs cannot be finished in 24hrs by the smartest student. More than 10 questions with over 100 sub and sub-sub questions. I'm gonna shoot that f.ool if i ever catch him. angry angry angry
The name of the course says it all. In the exam, you answered Very Large Scale Questions. wink tongue cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

UNIABUJA Students Present Seminar Paper In Nude / Opeyemi Enoch Solves 156-Year-Old Maths Problem, Gets $1M / UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.