Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Worst Course You Took In School - Education (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Worst Course You Took In School (76277 Views)

What Is The Coolest Course You Can Study At A Nigerian University?(see Responses / Best Course You Did In School / Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by kamez(m): 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
Physics 451 ( Quantum mechanics). U go derive schrodinger equation tire.. Still can't believe I survived dat course in dept of industrial physics imsu 2010

1 Like

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Hbee02: 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
EEE 202 by Dr yesufu, and EEE 309(Signals and Systems ) by Dr jubril.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by jidefrimi(m): 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
naturalwaves:
A sadist handled our MATHEMATICAL METHODS II when I was in school. Never smiled in class, taught so passively but tests and exams were hell. We had a lot of things to read up prior to the exam and I didn't even sleep for 2 days before exams. When the question eventually came, come see question! The cheapest thing there was the Green's theorem where you will start with the proofs, the Laplace transform I was banking to have a whole question set on it failed to be so, it was just question (4d) that was set on it. I got an E in that course and about half of the students that took it failed even Engineering students. We staged a protest, saw the VC, the lecturer was called and he was told to upgrade the course with about 5 marks or so, he refused. He said the law states that a course should be upgraded if 50% + failed but just 47%failed his course and he wouldn't upgrade .

Another challenging course was REAL ANALSIS and God be with you if Dr AAA Agboola will take you that course. He is not a sadist(most people think he is though) but believes everyone should be a genius. He seems to like that aspect of maths where most lecturers dread. 90% of his published works are on Groups, rings, hormomophism theorems, real analysis and all other abstract mathematical areas. His questions are not usually easy too. We had a C,2Ds, about 34Es and the remaining ones from 70 of us scored "F". Students gave testimonies for getting an "E" in that course. No be small thing o! We were blessed in terms of lecturers ; we had 2 of the best 20 mathematicians in Africa (Oguntuanse and co).

I can never forget our computer programming courses too, those ones na die. Not until 300 level, we used to write programs on papers . From 300 level, all our programming courses were done straight on the system and right there in the examination hall, you will know if you have failed or passed cos you will run the programs and if none fails to run, na F be that.

#unaab#
#computer science#
greatest nacossite
Greatest funaabite!!
Jst abt 2 tak maths method ii.agboola is now on sabbatical leave.

3 Likes

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Holluboy(m): 6:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ma school,if you get 44,na F,44F,one first class Polythenic Ilaro graduate come ma school,dey ma department,gather do CSC 202,fortran and python,and we gather fail am,I pass am pass am infact...imagine 7/20 the highest score for whole department,na die!!!! FUTA,dere is GOD oo
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Gifthappy(f): 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
[quote author=mumumugu post=27383562]

all thermodynamics lecturerers are heartless[ mine was even a pastor but eh... he was an equations master lols
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Gifthappy(f): 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
Analogue electronics wasn't my thing then so quitely embraced electrical power. I thank God for the option o.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2014
jibikunle:
bro are u a ladokite
I stay 2yrs in pay and it's the recommended test book for us then,the authour is a lecturer in lautech
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by jibikunle: 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ipledge:
I stay 2yrs in pay and it's the recommended test book for us then,the authour is a lecturer in lautech
na lautech I dey that's why am asking u
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
jibikunle:
na lautech I dey that's why am asking u
I was a student of oau,but I have so many friends in lautech
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by naturalwaves: 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
jidefrimi:
greatest nacossite
Greatest funaabite!!
Jst abt 2 tak maths method ii.agboola is now on sabbatical leave.
Great! I see@Agboola. Our set won the National computer programming competition for Nigerian universities. Hope you are still flying the flag?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Wolef7(m): 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
theSpark:

Na urban design wicked pass oh. Upon all the sleepless nights those guys dash me E.
Ehh... Which particular studio work is that?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Wolef7(m): 9:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
Holluboy:
Ma school,if you get 44,na F,44F,one first class Polythenic Ilaro graduate come ma school,dey ma department,gather do CSC 202,fortran and python,and we gather fail am,I pass am pass am infact...imagine 7/20 the highest score for whole department,na die!!!! FUTA,dere is GOD oo
Futarian?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Spongia1(m): 9:35pm On Oct 25, 2014
MTS 311
Groups and Rings
Toughest Course ever. Got an E and I gave testimony in churchM it was that serious
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Spongia1(m): 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2014
naturalwaves:

Great! I see@Agboola. Our set won the National computer programming competition for Nigerian universities. Hope you are still flying the flag?
he's not on sabbatical o. Still destroying lives there
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by chiboy429(m): 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2014
mfm04622:

Nigerians! Instead of spending the time preparing for the exam, they spent it praying! They forget that faith without work is dead and useless

Hahahhahaha ,bro .thats the kind of generation that is coming up,its painful that religion has blindfolded many ,instead of doing the needful people end up doing the wrong thing at the wrong time,who can you blame ,the conmaster or the gulible.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Spongia1(m): 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
Franchise21:
O.D.E was tough. Did it in my second yr. It's a maths course. Lots of carry overs. I escaped wiv a C n was do happy as if I came out frm d uni wiv a 1st class honour
abiala, omieke, agboola and the likes
Greatest UNAABITE. *sigh*
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by theSpark(m): 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2014
Wolef7:

Ehh... Which particular studio work is that?

URP 32-something. I've forgotten the course code. It is called City Centre Design.

There's also another one called Urban Design it's like master plan.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by chiboy429(m): 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
kamez:
Physics 451 ( Quantum mechanics). U go derive schrodinger equation tire.. Still can't believe I survived dat course in dept of industrial physics imsu 2010

Bro thumbs up ,quantum is hell ,about 3 or more faint cases were recorded in the last concluded quantum mechanics exams here in my school ,this is true and not a joke when there woke up it was discovered that was their last chance in the school ,after spending like one hour in the exam hall without writing something tangible ,they gave up .

Please sire ,how do you help me with some materials in quantum mechanics
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by teabully(m): 11:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
Theory and practice of Marxism @ 300level, political science, Neva knew I cld obtain a 3point in dt course, chai, Professor momoh, Rili nailed dos exams questions on d head. Lasu2012 set.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by naturalwaves: 12:08am On Oct 26, 2014
Spongia1:
he's not on sabbatical o. Still destroying lives there
gringrin grin. In Agboola's tiny voice.....You are stewpid okay? You think we are in here for a party? This is Unaab there is not time for jamborees.cheesy
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by naturalwaves: 12:36am On Oct 26, 2014
Spongia1:
MTS 311
Groups and Rings
Toughest Course ever. Got an E and I gave testimony in churchM it was that serious
Hmmm MTS 311 (Groups and Rings). The cheapest question you can get there is what is a group or what is a ring?and that will take about 9/10 lines to define cos you will state all those 9 yeye axioms and tell them that if it obeys the above, then it is a ring. Kai! And that won't fetch you more than 1/4 mark or even 1/8 in some cases. When we did ours, a very close friend of mine dozed off when he saw the questionscheesy; I guess he didn't sleep well prior to the exam and he crash read also, too many proofs to memorise and all.He failed it and lots of people too, I have a way of scrambling for an "E" in those courses cos I will continue writing and joining the bits I know or have an idea of rather than give up and go submit. I know by the time they add 1 mark here, 1/2 mark there, 2 marks there, it will enter 40 sha. grin
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by sangresan(m): 3:59am On Oct 26, 2014
naturalwaves:

Hmmm MTS 311 (Groups and Rings). The cheapest question you can get there is what is a group or what is a ring?and that will take about 9/10 lines to define cos you will state all those 9 yeye axioms and tell them that if it obeys the above, then it is a ring. Kai! And that won't fetch you more than 1/4 mark or even 1/8 in some cases. When we did ours, a very close friend of mine dozed off when he saw the questionscheesy; I guess he didn't sleep well prior to the exam and he crash read also, too many proofs to memorise and all.He failed it and lots of people too, I have a way of scrambling for an "E" in those courses cos I will continue writing and joining the bits I know or have an idea of rather than give up and go submit. I know by the time they add 1 mark here, 1/2 mark there, 2 marks there, it will enter 40 sha. grin
.....Too many theorems without names.....Hard to cram....You may even understand them(very easy) but to remember them nko....In Mathematics,Real Analysis takes the cake......It is the abstract aspect of Calculus...All the theorems and principles of Calculus are derived from Real Analysis....
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by sangresan(m): 4:16am On Oct 26, 2014
lacreamieboie:

oh! u self dey ask? d tin tire us o....
....ODE and PDE are applicable in all fields of human endeavours...Even in Medicine....You have to make the connection yourself....Learning Ordinary DE is the first step in learning Modelling and there is no field where Modelling isnt useful...In ODE,you reduce life's problems to Mathematical equations e.gIn constructing the Third Mainland Bridge,what design will guarantee the best structure?....This may be reduced to 1000 ODEs and PDEs which can be easily solved by computers....CIVIL ENGINEERING?...NO,MATHEMATICS....
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 26, 2014
mumumugu:

all thermodynamics lecturerers are heartless
seconded
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by latolak(m): 7:31am On Oct 26, 2014
mumumugu:

all thermodynamics lecturerers are heartless

Maybe heartlessness has a lot to do with thermo grin
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Holluboy(m): 9:23am On Oct 26, 2014
Wolef7:

Futarian?
Yea,FUTARIAN
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by toygod2: 10:37am On Oct 26, 2014
chai, omo na BCH 304 O
tHAT COURSE IS EVIL
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Adebayolove(m): 11:21am On Oct 26, 2014
Physics 115 mechnics and properties of matter 1. I hate that course till tomorrow
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Burlah4u2c(m): 11:45am On Oct 26, 2014
Profcamsey:
Chem 213, analytical chem na die. The course u no fit understand anything, the combination of lecturers sef na death, them no sabi teach. After everything na 44E be the best mark for dept.
CHM213... analytical chemistry...unilorin...by Dr. alafara...omo, it's my worst course ever... Saturday lectures, late evening lectures with 500 students in a 150 capacity lecture hall (LT4)... am only happy I didn't carry it...
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by naturalwaves: 12:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
sangresan:
.....Too many theorems without names.....Hard to cram....You may even understand them(very easy) but to remember them nko....In Mathematics,Real Analysis takes the cake......It is the abstract aspect of Calculus...All the theorems and principles of Calculus are derived from Real Analysis....
Exactly!
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by butanep(m): 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
Jarus:

I always targeted A in all my courses and always felt like crying anytime I didn't make one.

I did 48 courses throughout my university days, had A in 34; B in 10; C in 2; and D in 2.

Had A in 71% of the courses I did.
which sch is that N what did u study?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by kamez(m): 3:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
chiboy429:

Bro thumbs up ,quantum is hell ,about 3 or more faint cases were recorded in the last concluded quantum mechanics exams here in my school ,this is true and not a joke when there woke up it was discovered that was their last chance in the school ,after spending like one hour in the exam hall without writing something tangible ,they gave up .

Please sire ,how do you help me with some materials in quantum mechanics

Always a pleasure to help a broda out.. But the only materials I can help u with are the handouts and text books .truly that course could give brain tumor

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Opeyemi Enoch Solves 156-Year-Old Maths Problem, Gets $1M / UNIABUJA Students Present Seminar Paper In Nude / UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.