Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Checking Of Driver's License By Police. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Checking Of Driver's License By Police. (2688 Views)

Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. / My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car / New Plate Number And Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checking Of Driver's License By Police. by sharpsharp: 6:16am On Oct 23, 2014
Is it lawful for a police officer to check for your drivers license or the duty of a road safety Officer?
Re: Checking Of Driver's License By Police. by teelacruz(m): 6:18am On Oct 23, 2014
YES
Re: Checking Of Driver's License By Police. by colossus2: 6:44am On Oct 23, 2014
Sure....it is not illegal cool
Re: Checking Of Driver's License By Police. by pragmatistm(m): 7:12am On Oct 23, 2014
Both the police and road safety officers can check it.
Re: Checking Of Driver's License By Police. by abatically(m): 8:36am On Oct 23, 2014
In the U.S. the first thing a cop asks u when stopeed are 'licence and registration please'.

2 Likes

Re: Checking Of Driver's License By Police. by Denn(m): 12:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
i have noticed Nigerians hate the police so much.

We scorn at them and see them as 'beneath' us. That is why they are usually aggressive.

I have been caught on the wrong side of the law few times....like beating a red light or passing hidden 'one-way' and on most occasions, i have left them without paying a dime. I work on their psychology and we all end up chatting and becoming friends....even LASTMA.

Lets always show them respect, not fear.

thanks

1 Like

Re: Checking Of Driver's License By Police. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
Denn:

We scorn at them and see them as 'beneath' us. That is why they are usually aggressive.

I have been caught on the wrong side of the law few times....like beating a red light or passing hidden 'one-way' and on most occasions, i have left them without paying a dime. I work on their psychology and we all end up chatting and becoming friends....even LASTMA.

thanks
Hello, I'm still waiting for your reply concerning the template.
Re: Checking Of Driver's License By Police. by colossus2: 1:31pm On Oct 23, 2014
Denn:

thanks
Tell me another joke bro cos I don't believe this shocked
Re: Checking Of Driver's License By Police. by fidelio2002: 2:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
Denn:

thanks

I don't agree. When an average nigeria policeman catches breaking traffic rules, d first thing that comes to his mind is d money he is going to get out of u n in most cases № matter how polite u try to be u ll only be wasting ur time. This is from personal xperience. I av neva been rude to a police man on d road.
Re: Checking Of Driver's License By Police. by Denn(m): 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
colossus2:

Tell me another joke bro cos I don't believe this shocked

you don't need to...

its your opinion and you are entitled to it.
Re: Checking Of Driver's License By Police. by Denn(m): 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2014
fidelio2002:

I don't agree. When an average nigeria policeman catches breaking traffic rules, d first thing that comes to his mind is d money he is going to get out of u n in most cases № matter how polite u try to be u ll only be wasting ur time. This is from personal xperience. I av neva been rude to a police man on d road.

being polite is different from being able to start a relationship with a complete angry stranger....

being polite to an angry strange dog cannot make it docile.

i rest my case lest i digress...personal experience too
Re: Checking Of Driver's License By Police. by InspiredStilo: 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2023
Firstly I have never talked to a policeman harshly, infact I am always too polite and always smiling, I am currently in a situation whereby they caught me because I don't have a driving licence. I don beg tire, they no gree, they said either I pay 10k or they profile to the FRSC to ticket me, LAGOS POLICEMEN ARE SO WICKED TO THE CORE. I even accepted to pay 5k,next he started cursing me, even with waka gesture.

I tire eeh, I was like officer why are you cursing me.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Restore My Orobo Camry / Nigerians With Automatics & The Problems / Can A Toyota Camry, Pencil Light Use A 100amp Battery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.