Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service (38187 Views)

Gov Dickson Celebrates 50th Birthday With Family & Friends In Grand Style.Photos / Secondary School Students Arrested For Cultism Pictured With Gov Okorocha / No President Resigns In War Time -presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by ugotex85: 5:29pm On Oct 23, 2014
farem:
Dickson, Dame Patience Jonathan's rift deepens,First Lady resigns appointment as Bayelsa super Perm Sec

The First Lady, wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Dame Patience, has resigned her appointment as a “Super” Permanent Secretary in the Bayelsa State Civil Service.
It was gathered that the resignation followed alleged final breakdown in relationship between the First Lady and the Governor of the state, Mr. Seriake Dickson.
Dickson had in July 2012, five months after his inauguration appointed Patience Jonathan, as one of the 17 new permanent secretaries in the state civil service.
Dickson said the appointment of the First Lady as a permanent secretary was based on the power conferred on him by Section 203 of the constitution.
He further said it was in recognition of her services to the state and nation adding that she was a directorate level officer in the civil service.
Sources from the Ministry of Education said the 57-year-old Patience Jonathan left the service voluntarily.
One of the sources who pleaded anonymity said the First Lady in her letter of resignation opted for voluntary retirement.
He said the ministry had computed and finalised her terminal benefits already.
When asked the total amount of her terminal benefits, he said: “Well I don’t know. All I can tell you is that everything has been processed.
“The whole thing is political. It appears Madam Peace is not happy with the governor. With her resignation, the battle line has been drawn.
“I feel the President’s wife resigned to enable her to have the moral right to slug it out with Dickson ahead of the governorship poll in the state. Let no one deceive you, the whole thing is politics. After all, she is 57 and the retirement age is 60.”
The wife of the President has a National Certificate of Education in Mathematics/Biology, which she obtained in 1989 from the Rivers State College of Education.
She also has a degree in Biology and Psychology (Education) from the University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
When contacted, Chief Salo Adikumo, who resigned during the week as Commissioner for Education, said he was no longer the commissioner.
He said: “I resigned recently as commissioner to enable me to pursue my political ambition. Please direct all your enquiries to the Ministry, ” he said.
But, a senior official of the ministry confirmed the development and said it was true the First Lady resigned.
The official, who pleaded anonymity for fear of victimisation, dismissed political reasons in her resignation.
He said: “I can say Dame Patience Jonathan has voluntarily retired. But whether there is political undertone in her resignation, I cannot say.
“I think the First Lady felt that her continued stay as Permanent Secretary will be depriving others. Now that she has thrown in the towel, it will afford others the opportunity to take her position.
“Already, in accordance with the civil service rules, we have prepared all her entitlements. Whatever is due her will be given to her. She will also be receiving her pension.”

Na only she waka come? Make she resign joor.
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by juman(m): 5:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
Funny thread. grin

May be she resigned to contest for political post. Who knows.

The clueless and the Illiterate. grin

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by ugoezeik(m): 5:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
ayusco85:
if i slap this woman now they will say am wicked undecided. how can a first lady be in the news more often than her husband is?
if u slap her? anyway d best I can do for u is always make sure u dnt lack agege bread nd pure water
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by ugoezeik(m): 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
tolu4you:
She went to school kai? that mean Nigeria education in late 80's was bad. just saying oooo
lol I swear guy u de mental hahaha
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by millionboi(m): 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
ElFenomeno1:
In the first instance, Dickson Seriake is a dumbfu...cktard for creating such a pointless role and handing it out to an illiterate to head up!

There is nothing like Patience resigned because i am sure she has done absolutely fu...ck all in that capacity.... She was never there and if she was, she never contributed or did anything. Trust me, she is that daft, dumb and dimwitted!
How manage she became greater than u d literate!U r a fool
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by ugoezeik(m): 5:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
Enangson:
grin I guess her resignation is because of her ambition to run for Governor. grin
lol ppl r wicked sha. so a whole first lady for gominor? guy u r an enemy within

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by ugoezeik(m): 5:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
masonkz:
Sorry, but of what use was she in the Bayelsa civil service? Apart from probably being on their payroll.

What exactly was her responsibilities as a civil servant in Bayelsa?

She was more or less a ghost worker angry
it can only apen in nig bro
so relax nd dnt let ur blood pressure get high

2 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by ugoezeik(m): 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
dont8:
Not again, why is this woman always at loggerheads with Governors of that region and who is the clueless person that made her the Permanent Secretary in the first place. The leaders of SS Region need to be tested for ogogoro intoxication.
I didn't read ur comment oooooo
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Donbabaj: 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2014
shocked Really? no wonder! so this woman "Patience Jonathan" has a degree in psychology dats why she dey use psychology for us dey blow those big big grammar for public. She is indeed a psycho trying to run for governor!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by ElFenomeno1: 5:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
millionboi:
How manage she became greater than u d literate!U r a fool

You father is the fool here... You fu..cking drongo!
Woe betide you and your entire generation
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by dont8(m): 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2014
Yes I know you didn't.
ugoezeik:
I didn't read ur comment oooooo
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by jadajada: 6:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
No need 4 control, every thing is under alarm.
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by millionboi(m): 6:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
booqee:
Was she even supposed to be there in the first place..

awon werey

Kai this thing is embarrassing!! undecided can they just stop saying this?? she has a degree in this..she has a degree in that..like seriously?!! Why then is she always throwing atomic bombs. if they even said she never went to school that would have been better, at least we would understand why she speaks like dat. Rubbish angry
Are u sure,u cn dfine Education?
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by jadajada: 6:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
No need 4 control, every thing is under alarm.[b]No need 4 control, every thing is under alarm.[/b]No need 4 control, every thing is under alarm.
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by AJOT99(m): 6:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
Na she sabi

Ao does that even affect me

Mtchew...
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by jadajada: 6:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
No need 4 control, every thing is under alarm.[b]No need 4 control, every thing is under alarm[/b]No need 4 control, every thing is under alarm.
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Gorgeous58(f): 6:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
'I comment my reserve'
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by IYANGBALI: 6:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
booqee:
Was she even supposed to be there in the first place..

awon werey

Kai this thing is embarrassing!! undecided can they just stop saying this?? she has a degree in this..she has a degree in that..like seriously?!! Why then is she always throwing atomic bombs. if they even said she never went to school that would have been better, at least we would understand why she speaks like dat. Rubbish angry
no mind dem iyawo mi,let's go inside jare
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
IYANGBALI:
no mind dem iyawo mi,let's go inside jare
I'm a straight chic oooo shocked

abi ain't u a lady ni? undecided
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Sagamite(m): 6:56pm On Oct 23, 2014
masonkz:
Sorry, but of what use was she in the Bayelsa civil service? Apart from probably being on their payroll.

What exactly was her responsibilities as a civil servant in Bayelsa?

She was more or less a ghost worker angry

Far more useful being on the payroll doing nothing than running the education system and helping Nigeria produce the likes of pendusky, mopolchi and blackteeth.

3 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by MEILYN(m): 7:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
sukkot:
what she need to do is resign from nigeria and move to cotonou. that what she need to do
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by superstar3: 7:42pm On Oct 23, 2014
This is not news. I'm sure bayelsans will not miss her. What was her role to common man when she was there?
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2014
Sagamite:

Far more useful being on the payroll doing nothing than running the education system and helping Nigeria produce the likes of pendusky, mopolchi and blackteeth.

grin grin grin wicked

2 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2014
What she needs to do is resign to the fate that she needs a public handler, a PR team and above all to please stop speaking in English.

She can speak in her native language and use an interpreter.

E no be by force to use the queens English.

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by IYANGBALI: 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2014
If no be say some people get long throat and shame no dey dem body,how a whole 1st lady of a country go still gree to be as a “Super” Permanent Secretary in a State Civil Service. Kai shame is shaming me for this woman,her longer throat no get rival. Mtcheeeeeew

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by IYANGBALI: 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
booqee:
I'm a straight chic oooo shocked

abi ain't u a lady ni? undecided
I'm both,I'm endowed with a double silencer,I use anyone I like grin
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Kessyy2k4(m): 8:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
MaMa PEJ , u quarrel wit Ameachi, and now seraki Dickson. i know the idea is about rejecting all favour from Dickson so that ur interest over governor candidate will not be compromise!
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by bejeria101(m): 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
She stepped down to contest/run for the office of the first lady,dasall
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by nairamaniac: 8:36pm On Oct 23, 2014
booqee:
Was she even supposed to be there in the first place.. awon werey Kai this thing is embarrassing!! undecided can they just stop saying this?? she has a degree in this..she has a degree in that..like seriously?!! Why then is she always throwing atomic bombs. if they even said she never went to school that would have been better, at least we would understand why she speaks like dat. Rubbish angry
you are getting it all wrong. you and i are speaking Queen's English. While the 1st Lady is speaking Presidential English.
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by show777: 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2014
rubbish
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by penny01502: 9:29pm On Oct 23, 2014
booqee:
your entire family and generation is fccked and cursed! Why d hell do you have to insult my family? Anything wrong in just referring to me alone which of course I don't even get because I'm not even talking to you!
Your post just reeks of stupidity and foolishness..
You see its not very hard to spot dumb and pathetic mediocres who lick rich men's arsse for a living and I bet they don't know you or your entire family exist.
My dear run along, go beg for the next loaf of bread at d rich man's gate down your street. You wouldn't wanna sleep on an empty stomach tonight you dirty massive sack of dung grin
its alright, am so sorry for taking it so harsh on you, but I really think the first lady deserve some respect from individuals like you. we can't crucify, or keep casting aspersion on her just for the blues she makes on foreign languages. she is a woman, a mother, she could be our mother, could we pour out all those insult on our mother? how will you feel if you log on to social media and notice some individuals raining abuse on your mother, or your relative so dear to you just on grammartical erros? just think! though you might say it just a social media comment, but it is more circulating as the world body also have a veiw of it. we can't keep pushing what we have to the front door. yours might not sound bad to you, but others are worst than this. once again am really sorry for the harsh words am using on you, and I know I've offened you, please forgive me.
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by soulglo: 11:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
Was this a paid position

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Tinubu With This Cute Kid / Chibok Schoolgirl, Saratu Dauda, Escapes After 9 Years In Boko Haram Captivity / Buhari Cuts His 76th Birthday Cake In Aso Rock, Abba Kyari Sings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.