Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,659 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) (1597 Views)

Throwback: 2011 Massacre By CPC (buhari's) Supporters / Disqualification: APC & Buhari Reject Court's Orders Of Service / Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by yongnoble(m): 9:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
I'm not much of a good writer but i'll try to make this peice as brief and stright to the point as possible.

From my little understanding of politics, I know that being a member of a major political party comes with some benefit as well as some price. For instance when Oshimole chose to decamp from Labour Party(LP) to the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), he wasn't doing so because contesting under ACN would automatically grant him victory, NO! As a matter of fact, Oshomole was so popular at the time that even he formed a new party himself or even if he contested under Pastor Chris Okotie's Fresh Party, he would still win. So this brings us to the question, why did Oshimiole decamp to ACN knowing fully well that he would still win under LP? Simple, he needed better connections and representation at the election tribunal because he foresaw a possible rigging of the election and should that be the case, he would need better representation at the courts. ACN at time was already controlling majority of the South Western states, obviously, they had more money, more SANs and much more influence at the court, incase the result be contested and this was exactly what played out. Off course, these services are not entirely free as the leadership of ACN would definately demand some form of settlement/payback from Oshiomole which is a discuss for another day.

Buhari's major weapon in his arsenal for election is his 'fight against corruption'. During the 2011 general election I, a Christian from the South, voted and campaigned in my own small way for Buhari simply because I felt we needed someone to tackle this corruption menace once and for all. A person from PDP cannot adequately do this because most of the top guns in our system today are in one way or the order affiliated to the PDP. I voted for Buhari simply because as at 2011, he formed his party out of nothing and hence he wouldn't be answerable to anybody. He didn't need to make any arrangement with any person or group of persons in order for him to be made the party's flag bearer. He was much more like a one man show, and O boy, that was my greatest joy. He would 'fight' corruption without fear or favor but maybe he might be bias towards religious and ethnic lines, who knows...

Fast forward 2014, I was heartbroken when I first learnt of the merger and birth of APC of which CPC was among the merging parties and to further shatter the few piece that was left from my broken heart, Buhari announced his desire to run for presidency under APC. For the die hard GMB faithfuls, this might be a good news because Buhari would get access to much more campaign funds, publicity, SANs (should he lose the election and decide to challenge the results), etc. But to a concerned Nigerian, this spells doom. All these services offered are not for free, there has to be a price he would have to pay back.

This means his presumed fight against corruption would be one sided. Targeted against the non APC people in government. Should he decide to audit all previous governors and public office holders, only those from the non APC states would face the general's wrath while the likes of Fayemi that spent N3B in building the government house, would be found guiltless, simply because he was part of the 'touch not my anointed' group of APC. The likes of Amaechi, Fashola, Al-Makura, etc would definitely be roaming free on the streets of Nigeria while their counterpart would be facing the law and Buhari's 'fight' against past 'corrupt' leaders.

This is not the kind of fight against corruption that Nigerians are yearning for. This type of selective justice would only lead to more bitterness and further divide the country. Would I vote for Buhari under the APC, hell no! If he(Buhari) decides tomorrow to leave that group of thieves and vultures called the APC and set up a new party, would I vote for him, well maybe....

The CPC's Buhari will definitely not be the same APC's Buhari. The CPC-Buhari I know, but the APC-Buhari I don't know. Can the APC Buhari prosecute the likes of Tinubu, and his cohorts should he win the 2015 polls?

5 Likes

Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
ok
Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by Firefire(m): 10:02pm On Oct 23, 2014
okay, goodluck to whatever buhari in any known or unknown form

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by Chikoson5000: 10:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
Buhari has nothing to offer Nigeria under APC. If I may ask, who are these APC members? Are they not aggrieved PDP members under whose watch Nigeria wallowed in corruption? Can Buhari prosecute Tinubu, Kwankwaso, Amaechi, and other APC members if he wins? He should simply go rest and enjoy the loots he gathered when he was PTDF boss.

3 Likes

Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by Firefire(m): 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
Chikoson5000:
Buhari has nothing to offer Nigeria under APC. If I may ask, who are these APC members? Are they not aggrieved PDP members under whose watch Nigeria wallowed in corruption? Can Buhari prosecute Tinubu, Kwankwaso, Amaechi, and other APC members if he wins? He should simply go rest and enjoy the loots he gathered when he was PTDF boss.

1 Like

Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by eunisam: 10:13pm On Oct 23, 2014
brb to read.let me finish this book on my hand.
Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
Point Óf Correction:

As at 2007 when Oshiomole ran for Governor, AC only controlled Lagos. PDP controlled the rest of SW- Agagu(ondo), Daniel(ogun) Ladoja(Oyo), Oyinlola (Osun), Tunji Olurin(Ekiti).

Secondly, Óshiomole did not defect from LP to AC Ìn 2007, he simply chose APC over LP but was adopted by LP.

Thirdly, GMB govt won't spare anyone. Pls stop the baseless campain of calumny.

Thanks
Sai Buhari
I-Believe

3 Likes

Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by thunderrider: 10:21pm On Oct 23, 2014
The man na 2 in one?
Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
Firefire:
okay, goodluck to whatever buhari in any known or unknown form

oga mi, we have treated this na. Haba bros!!!
2. 2015 ‘ILL BE BLOODY…- Buhari( Literally interpreted by the media IF JONATHAN WINS)
WHAT DID HE ACTUALLY SAY?
“God willing, by 2015, something will happen. They either conduct a free and fair election or they go a very disgraceful way.

WHAT DID HE MEAN:
DO NOT RIG ELECTION. If you do, you will be booted out disgracefully either through
1. Popular protest (IBB 1993)/2012 Subsidy Protest
2. the Court/Tribunal or
3. International backed kicking( Like what happened to Laurent Gbagbo of Cote d'Voire in 2011 whch Nigeria under Jonathan backed the kicked-out of the incumbent that rigged himself).
FACT:
Election rigging is worse than terrorism and treason.
DID HE MEAN WELL?
Emphatic Yes if we are sincere.

3. DOGS AND BABOON WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD{"za a yi kare jini biri jinni"}

WHAT DID HE SAY:
"za a yi kare jini biri jinni" is an Hausa Idiom,
what GMB said was “If what happened in 2011 (alleged rigging) should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God,"za a yi kare jini biri jinni"

WHAT WAS REPORTED?
Buhari Promised Bloodshed IF he lose.
WHAT DID HE ACTUALLY MEAN
In Hausa, when you tell your contender that za a yi kare jini biri jinni, it simply means the battle will be fierce. In the case of Buhari, he was promising his supporters from Niger State that 2015 elections will be fierce politically; or put in another way, the PDP wIll not have it easy. Simple. That shouldn't be interpreted literally.
Eg.
Obj said in 2007 that "The PDP will capture Lagos. The election will be a do-or-die affair"... What he actually mean is similar to what Buhari said, "The election will be fierce and won't be an easy ride for AC in Lagos"

Other examples: "The Chicken has come home to roost"... "It is raining cat and dog"... "Jesus is the Lamb that was slain" It doesn't mean Jesus is an animal that was killed.

1 Like

Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by yongnoble(m): 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2014
barcanista:
Point Óf Correction:
As at 2007 when Oshiomole ran for Governor, AC only controlled Lagos. PDP controlled the rest of SW- Agagu(ondo), Daniel(ogun) Ladoja(Oyo), Oyinlola (Osun), Tunji Olurin(Ekiti).
Secondly, Óshiomole did not defect from LP to AC Ìn 2007, he simply chose APC over LP but was adopted by LP.
Thanks
Sai Buhari
I-Believe

Firstly, this post is not about Oshiomole, he was only cited to buttress a point. Secondly, are you saying that Buhari would prosecute the likes of Tinubu, Fashola, Ameachi, Kwankwanso etc should he become the president? Abeg no let them hear oh make them no go drop Buhari lipsrsealed, the walls have ears you know.

1 Like

Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by surgecom(m): 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2014
I have said this so many times. Buhari as a military man then cannot act the same way in democratic government to tackle corruption.

This is not a one man show. Even if he wins and become the president, he can never order the arrest of people like it was in the military era.

I think the solution to corruption is to amend all our constitutions that are allowing corruption to thrive. Example is the immunity clause. Can u imagine a governor has the power to steal as many as possible and nobody will dare probe him while he is still the governor. He finishes his term or terms and any kind of probe coming his way will be settled by his embezzled money.

For fighting corruption, I think we need to make or amend some laws that will have a death sentence on the culprits.

God help us

2 Likes

Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by Firefire(m): 10:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
barcanista:
Point Óf Correction:

Thanks
Sai Buhari
I-Believe

chai, chai, chai!!!

So, Tinubu and his cohort will FINALLY go to jail, cheesy once Buhari becomes president

ALLAHU AKBAR

General Mohamodu Buhari Hayyak Allah for 2019

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by yongnoble(m): 10:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
surgecom:
I have said this so many times. Buhari as a military man then cannot act the same way in democratic government to tackle corruption.

This is not a one man show. Even if he wins and become the president, he can never order the arrest of people like it was in the military era.

I think the solution to corruption is to amend all our constitutions that are allowing corruption to thrive. Example is the immunity clause. Can u imagine a governor has the power to steal as many as possible and nobody will dare probe him while he is still the governor. He finishes his term or terms and any kind of probe coming his way will be settled by his embezzled money.

For fighting corruption, I think we need to make or amend some laws that will have a death sentence on the culprits.

God help us
very well said

1 Like

Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by Chikoson5000: 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2014
Moreso, Buhari is a ...
1. religious cum tribal bigot
2. coupist, thus can't be in charge of democracy he truncated about 31 years ago.
3. septuagenarian; he should give way for youths
4. boko haram apologist who only shouts when the military are dealing with boko haram members.

Buhari's apologists are so retrogressive that they would like a septuagenarian who usurped power and ruled about 31 years ago to come back and rule again. My advice to all of them is that they should form their own enclave, then invite him to rule them for life. nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by chamboy(m): 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2014
yongnoble:

Firstly, this post is not about Oshiomole, he was only cited to buttress a point. Secondly, are you saying that Buhari would prosecute the likes of Tinubu, Fashola, Ameachi, Kwankwanso etc should he become the president? Abeg no let them hear oh make them no go drop Buhari lipsrsealed, the walls have ears you know.
who as ur tanleader prosecuted
Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by yongnoble(m): 10:31pm On Oct 23, 2014
Firefire:

chai, chai, chai!!!

So, Tinubu and his cohort will FINALLY go to jail, cheesy once Buhari becomes president

ALLAHU AKBAR

General Mohamodu Buhari Hayyak Allah for 2019

grin grin grin
Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
yongnoble:

Firstly, this post is not about Oshiomole, he was only cited to buttress a point. Secondly, are you saying that Buhari would prosecute the likes of Tinubu, Fashola, Ameachi, Kwankwanso etc should he become the president? Abeg no let them hear oh make them no go drop Buhari, the walls have ears you know.
it shows that Ýour statement is/was flawed from the Önset. To Prosecute BAT and Kwankwaso for what?
Kwankwaso runs the most transparent government in this dispensation. Not even PDP could accuse him and he has no accusation of financial fraud or indictment. Not even a scandal. When clueless Jonathan tried to say sme stupid comment in Kano, Kwankwaso CHALLENGED him to audit Kano Accoutbt or produce any evidence of such. You need to know what goes on in nigeria.

As for Tinubu, he has been tried ¡y EFCC in a federal high Çourt fÓr alleged mismanagemeÑt and also by the CCB for operating foreign account while in pÓwer and was acquited of the whole allegÀtion. The EfCC is a federal bodyñ thÉ cÓurt is À Federal Court, they should appeal the verdiÇt if they have further evidence, but they didn't till this day.

As for Fashola, he will be the VP(most likely) Ând if anythin i§ found agÀinst him, i wl support and aÐvocaÞe for his proseÇution- same with Rotimi Amaechi.
Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by yongnoble(m): 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
chamboy:
who as ur tanleader prosecuted
If you had actually taken time to read through my post, you would clearly see that I did vote for Buhari during the 2011 and was hopping to still vote and campaign for him come 2015 until he became contaminated with dirty politicians.
Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by Caseless: 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2014
Op, the goodnews is that, u have jst one vote to give GMB, and it might not matter anyway if u chose not to give him again.
Best of lucks, op.
Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by Firefire(m): 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
barcanista:
oga mi, we have treated this na. Haba bros!!!

Bro, I fear you are going too far in this game ( (Defending a bloody statement made by a supposed role model? )

How do you say about the Nigerians killed after the 2011 election result in the northern Nigeria?

How do you bring back to life the innocent youth coppers killed by the political extremist/loyalist of GMB?

God will judge.

Their blood is already crying to the heavens for vengeance

Maranatha

1 Like

Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by Ngwakwe: 10:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
The writer of this piece thinks we are under Military rule where the executive is allowed to be riotous and dictates things for the Legislators and Judges.

We have the Executive, Legislature and Executive and not a supreme military council.

What we need are strong institutions and not a macho man. Democracy derives its strength from independent institutions established by legislation and rule of law enforced by the Judiciary through Citizens participation.

Take it from me, if Buhari is the President with this same Legislators, Lawan Farouk will still finish his term as a honourable.

NJC and Amaechi will still be dribbling themselves.

Will Buhari stop State Governors from buying over State Assemblies and their respective Judiciary?

We have gone past Buhari's system of Government and it's quite unfortunate he lacks any single experience needed for democratic governance.

2 Likes

Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by yongnoble(m): 10:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
Ngwakwe:
The writer of this piece thinks we are under Military rule where the executive is allowed to be riotous and dictates things for the Legislators and Judges.

We have the Executive, Legislature and Executive and not a supreme military council.

What we need are strong institutions and not a macho man. Democracy derives its strength from independent institutions established by legislation and rule of law enforced by the Judiciary through Citizens participation.

Take it from me, if Buhari is the President with this same Legislators, Lawan Farouk will still finish his term as a honourable.

NJC and Amaechi will still be dribbling themselves.

Will Buhari stop State Governors from buying over State Assemblies and their respective Judiciary?

We have gone past Buhari's system of Government and it's quite unfortunate he lacks any single experience needed for democratic governance.

Very well said. But you should know that this constitution was handed over to us by the Military and it gives the president more than the adequate power that made GEJ proclaim that if he uses just 40% of his constitutional powers, we would term him a dictator!!
Secondly, we all know Nigeria democracy is not mature enough for full autonomy to the judiciary. Whether you like it or not, the president can influence judgement, after all he appoints the Attorney General and would also influence the Chief Justice. That's the kind of democracy we operate Nigeria. I remember during OBJ tenure, a serving governor was kidnapped and bundled into the boot of his vehicle because he was at logger head with the president.
Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by Olaolufred(m): 10:59pm On Oct 23, 2014
[size=18pt] Thank you for adding your own post.
Buhari is doing well in this popularity poll.
So many including the op are feeling his popularity.
SAI GMB.[/size]
Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by Ngwakwe: 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
On a more serious note, I have been thinking of recent which institution of government will Buhari's expertise be best appreciated in a Democracy?

I thought of giving him all the freedom and support he needs to lead EFCC without manipulation and interruptions from the Presidency but there will be a problem, he may go kidnapping people from their homes without legal warrant from the court .

How do we test Buhari's suitability for Democracy?

Your Opinion

1 Like

Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by Ngwakwe: 11:13pm On Oct 23, 2014
yongnoble:

Very well said. But you should know that this constitution was handed over to us by the Military and it gives the president more than the adequate power that made GEJ proclaim that if he uses just 40% of his constitutional powers, we would term him a dictator!!
Secondly, we all know Nigeria democracy is not mature enough for full autonomy to the judiciary. Whether you like it or not, the president can influence judgement, after all he appoints the Attorney General and would also influence the Chief Justice. That's the kind of democracy we operate Nigeria. I remember during OBJ tenure, a serving governor was kidnapped and bundled into the boot of his vehicle because he was at logger head with the president.

Remember Obasanjo was already a gooner when Gali N'Abba and Okadigbo got the majority to throw him out of the presidency only for Alliance for Democracy (AD) Lawmakers to think brotherhood and forgot their differences with Baba, went for his defence and physical scattered the plenary and created commotion that scuttle the proceedings.

There is nothing like absolute powers in a Democracy where the leaders manoeuvres between political interests at the expense of the citizens they govern
Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by yousee(m): 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
barcanista:
Point Óf Correction:

Thanks
Sai Buhari
I-Believe
I wish Gej won't contest, and also that APC wins, so that if the APC performs, then the bar has been set higher and Nigerians will demand performance from anyone vying for any office. Also, should the APC win and don't perform, then politicians will have to lie harder for Nigerians to believe in them.

I wish...
Re: The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) by chamboy(m): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2014
yongnoble:

If you had actually taken time to read through my post, you would clearly see that I did vote for Buhari during the 2011 and was hopping to still vote and campaign for him come 2015 until he became contaminated with dirty politicians.
is dis d answer to my question

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Yemi Osinbanjo Is Disgracing Christianity / He Was The Head Boy Of Our School In 1961-Gen.Buhari's Classmates Come Out pix / Jonathan’s Political Adviser, Several Others Dump PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.