Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:52 AM

Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness (1240 Views)

All Progressive Congress (APC) Launches Radio Station / Throwback: 2011 Massacre By CPC (buhari's) Supporters / The 2 Types Of Buhari (the CPC Buhari And The APC Buhari) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 03, 2011
It was hell for motorists and commuters plying the Angwan Sarki and Kawo areas of the Northern city of Kaduna Wednesday when supporters of former military Head of state, Major Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) and Presidential Candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) literarily held the area hostage forcing his posters on vehicles during the flag off of his presidential campaign in the North West Zone.

Hundreds of thousands of supporters of the CPC from the North West Zone had stormed the Murtala Square, venue of the event. However, some of the party supporters mounted road blocks along the Angwan Sarki and the Kawo bridge, forcing people to say “ Sai Buhari “ before they were allowed to pass.

This resulted in serious traffic hold up along the Zaria road leading to the town. Buhari’s posters were also forcefully pasted on private and commercial vehicles. Those who resisted this were either beaten or had their vehicles smashed.

The youths also removed posters and defaced the bill boards of President Goodluck Jonathan and his Vice, Arch. Namadi Sambo as well as that of Governor Patrick Yakowa. Yakowa’s bill board located at a roundabout near the Govern-ment House was defaced while his posters were removed.

The situation was not any better at the Murtala square as a mammoth crowd gave the police and other security agencies a hectic time. The crowd was so rowdy that it was almost dangerous attempting to get to the venue of the event.

Addressing the crowd, Buhari lamented the increasing level of insecurity as well as the ethnic and religious conflicts in some parts of the country, saying the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) government has failed. Buhari who spoke in Hausa language, also blamed the PDP for the rot in the country, assuring that if elected president in the April general elections, he will bring about the desired change that Nigerians are yearning for.

“I submit that in the affairs of man, it is only God that can determine history and ordain destiny. In my own case, it is destiny that threw me up to serve as the Head of State of this great country at that particular moment of our national history.

“We are today facing an uncertain future in an uncertain world. It is vital Nigerians make the right choice about who would look after them in the next four years.

“I am standing here today as the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change. I consider myself to be on a rescue mission. Never before have we seen such bad leadership in our national life. The country’s life is literally falling apart on all fronts on security, in education, on the economy, in healthcare system and youth employment.

“Many critical observers have begun to list Nigeria among the failed states of the 21st century,” Buhari said.

“For 12 years, the PDP government has failed to tackle all these problems in spite of the resources at their disposal. We can and we must reverse these trends. The first step is for Nigerians to vote PDP out. They are finished. They have passed their sell-by date.”

“Given the current state of affairs in the country, Nigerians have the legitimate right to ask the following questions: where was the government when this great country of ours took a nose-dive on many critical sectors? Why does this government run from pillar to post, looking helpless as it beats about the bush on the fundamental issue of resolving electric power supply challenge of the country?

“Why should our economy be left to operate on individual power generating sets? If their aspiration to govern Nigeria for the next 60-200 years is pure, why are they unable to guarantee something as fundamental and basic as security of life and property?”

“Where was the PDP led government when what started as occasional incidents of kidnapping degenerated to the embarrassing dimension of an incorporated evil business? Does it matter to this administration that insecurity has compelled many potential foreign investors to drop Nigeria from their list?

“Should we continue to vote the same people who have presided over the decline in quality of life in Nigeria for the last 12 years?’ “Shamefully, these people are openly canvassing a desire to rule Nigeria for 60 or 200 years. Nigerians must reject these political zoo keepers and stop them in their tracks. And stop them now. During the last 12 years, they have almost transformed Nigeria into the proverbial animal farm where sycophants dominate both the airwaves and print media,” Buhari said.

A dictators lifestyle is surely rubbing off his followers,

First they burnt down a bus travelling to bauchi state in jos and killed some passengers over their own internal crisis---- just wondering what concerns the innocent commuters that had to go through that travail and their internal party grievances.

Then it was the convoy of the President that was stoned at in Nassarawa state--- on his own campaign trail---

And now this rubbish forcing motorist to chant "sai buhari" before they are allowed to pass,

Is this the change that we would expect from a man who doesn't believe in democracy, an infringement of fundamental basic rights of Nigerians who aren't on the same page with him, A LEOPARD NEVER CHANGES ITS SPOTS.
Re: Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 03, 2011
If this were to be reported of Mr Presidents campaign, the democracy "pundits" would have being crying for blood. This threat would have reached 5 pages all filled with insults.
Re: Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 03, 2011
^^^^^--- guess you are right, in politics what's good for the opposition isn't good for the government of the day-
Re: Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2011
This resulted in serious traffic hold up along the Zaria road leading to the town. Buhari’s posters were also forcefully pasted on private and commercial vehicles. Those who resisted this were either beaten or had their vehicles smashed.

The youths also removed posters and defaced the bill boards of President Goodluck Jonathan and his Vice, Arch. Namadi Sambo as well as that of Governor Patrick Yakowa. Yakowa’s bill board located at a roundabout near the Govern-ment House was defaced while his posters were removed
H

What to expect when Buhari becomes president and you have the audacity to criticize or air contrary views

At least we are seeing it now better now so we know his true colours,
Re: Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
babasoty:

^^^^^--- guess you are right, in politics what's good for the opposition isn't good for the government of the day-

That is why I won't judge by emotions. My vote goes to Mr. President.
Re: Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by egift(m): 4:59pm On Mar 03, 2011
noblezone:

That is why I won't judge by emotions. My vote goes to Mr. President.

Buhari all the way.

I have told you guy to brazen up - Change is coming. No more business as usual. GEJ and co will drop the last coin he stole - Cry me a river cry
Re: Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 03, 2011
Buhari all the way.

I have told you guy to brazen up - Change is coming. No more business as usual. GEJ and co will drop the last coin he stole - Cry me a river

Yes Buhari all the way down the drain, you'd really cry a river when he is disgraced
Re: Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by egift(m): 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2011
babasoty:

Yes Buhari all the way down the drain, you'd really cry a river when he is disgraced
We won't. All we will do to win is to ensure every vote counts. But unlike you, I will not go about blowing things around.
Re: Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by Beaf: 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2011
Buhari's supporters did as he told them and "lynched" 5 people to death in Kaduna yesterday. They weren't even anywhere near the campaign venue.
The man is clearly mobilising the almajiri's to terrorise and brutalise the Northern population into submission. Its the age old trick of the elite who created the almajiri insitution. Shame.

We have a bunch of hooligans and brainless baboons stirring up all sorts of conflict with ethnic and religious bigotry. Buhari is number 1, he is leading a very dangerous campaign based on the worst sort of extremism. He must be defeated, along with the primitive World of stone throwers he represents.
Re: Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by egift(m): 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2011
Beaf:

Buhari's supporters did as he told them and "lynched" 5 people to death in Kaduna yesterday. They weren't even anywhere near the campaign venue.
The man is clearly mobilising the almajiri's to terrorise and brutalise the Northern population into submission. Its the age old trick of the elite who created the almajiri insitution. Shame.

We have a bunch of hooligans and brainless baboons stirring up all sorts of conflict with ethnic and religious bigotry. Buhari is number 1, he is leading a very dangerous campaign based on the worst sort of extremism. He must be defeated, along with the primitive World of stone throwers he represents.

^^^
You should be ashamed because Jonathan had many killed right in the venue in PH, just to avoid being embarrassed as his rented crowd started leaving the venue "while he was still speaking".

Yet you have the joy to come and mock Nigerians who died in the streets (not anywhere close to the venue as you also asserted)
Re: Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by Solomon227(m): 9:30pm On Mar 03, 2011
Change is coming quickly 10000000 of GEJ/PDP cannot stop the change not even with Nigeria Police in Niger State.

100000s of propaganda wont shake nor stop us.,.,., we have our eyes set on the dream to free this nation from the shackles of PDP

[size=20pt]Vote Buhari 2011[/size] for the future of our children
Re: Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by egift(m): 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2011
And Beaf tell me, has there been any city the Jonathan/Sambo team campaigned in that did not leave a good number of Nigerians dead?
Re: Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by Beaf: 9:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
egift:

^^^
You should be ashamed because Jonathan had many killed right in the venue in PH, just to avoid being embarrassed as his rented crowd started leaving the venue "while he was still speaking".

Yet you have the joy to come and mock Nigerians who died in the streets (not anywhere close to the venue as you also asserted)

I know you're trying to be funny, but its ending up sounding like a croak. PH was an accident, Kaduna was the action of thugs, different. No?

[size=14pt]KADUNA-Supporters of the presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(rtd), yesterday, beat up people and vandalised cars as they recklessly drove on motor bikes and commuters buses, which led to the death of five persons in northern Kaduna metropolis[/size].

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/5-die-as-buhari-flags-off-north-west-campaign/

Pack of brainless thugs, if you ask me and a very dangerous dimension to politics. Why deliberately kill innocent people?
Re: Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2011
ROFLWKMD!! Hi haters. cheesy
Re: Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by egift(m): 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2011
Beaf:

I know you're trying to be funny, but its ending up sounding like a croak. PH was an accident, Kaduna was the action of thugs, different. No?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/5-die-as-buhari-flags-off-north-west-campaign/

Pack of brainless thugs, if you ask me and a very dangerous dimension to politics. Why deliberately kill innocent people?

Beaf why is it you do not fail to disappoint me? I will respond to the above bold portions per line:

- What is funny to you about the death of Nigerians?

- How can it be a random accident, knowing that the Mr President personal security men shut the gate when Nigerians find it difficult to shallow the emptiness in what he was saying? Not only closing the gate, they started shooting and flogging law abiding Nigerians. Here is a link of Mr President regrating himself after the deed is done http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-regrets-stampede-deaths-political-rally - Remember his wife telling us they were sacrificed for democracy - link: http://newnigerianpolitics.com/2011/02/20/ph-stampede-victims%E2%80%99ll-not-die-in-vain-%E2%80%93-jonathan%E2%80%99s-wife/

- On the last part that of "a very dangerous dimension to politics" - Is very funny actually, because we all know who is using money ($50,000 customary transport alawi and co), bomb (October 1st comes to mind, but is under the carpet already), threats (remember Anenith - telling SS delegates that those who vote otherwise will be fished out and dealth with), force (do-or-die politics), Rigging (Remember Atiku revealing GEJ's Comprehensive Master Rigging Manual), and many more.
Re: Cpc: Buhari's Congress For Progressive Craziness by egift(m): 10:21pm On Mar 03, 2011
Beaf what is funny about the suffering of Nigerian in the hands of Jonathan

http://www.thenews.com.pk/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=11073

(1) (Reply)

Inpinchment Of Hon. Ojukaye Flagg Amachree Bu Legislators / Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha / Minister Of Youth Development Denies Calling Karen Igho A Role Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.