Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement (2358 Views)

Eagle Farms And Cattle Ranch In Anambra: The Easiest Way To Stop Fulani Herdsmen / Stop Fulani’s Genocide, Don’t Interfere In Election Tribunal; Buhari, Sultan Tol / Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by abila122: 8:58am On Oct 24, 2014
In a bid to put an end to communal clashes between Fulani herdsmen and farmers and prevent uncontrolled influx of nomadic farmers into Nigeria, the federal government has concluded plans to stop the movement of cattle by the herdsmen in and around the country

Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/728-fg-to-stop-fulani-cattle-movement
Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by chidekings(m): 9:12am On Oct 24, 2014
In a bid to put an end to communal clashes
between Fulani herdsmen and farmers and prevent
uncontrolled influx of nomadic farmers into
Nigeria, the federal government has concluded
plans to stop the movement of cattle by the
herdsmen in and around the country. Accordingly, the National Economic Council (NEC)
yesterday recommended the approval of N100
billion for the establishment of mini modern
ranches across the country.
Chairman of the Committee on Grazing Reserves
and Benue State governor, Gabriel Suswam told journalists after NEC meeting that the said money is
to be provided by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
. Briefing State House correspondents after NEC
meeting, Suswam said the committee’s reports
presented before council raised critical issues to be
considered, including unnecessary struggle for
land and water resources by the herdsmen and
farmers, uncontrolled influx of nomadic farmers into Nigeria and issues on grazing reserves in
states. He said it was in a bid to address these issues that
his committee recommended that the CBN should
provide seed funding of N100billion to assist states
establish mini modern ranches across the country. The committee, he added, also recommended that
all grazing reserves and cattle routes already
gazetted and encroached upon should be
recovered and improved upon, while taking into
cognisance the present day realities. The governor said his committee, while also
recommending that ranching and modern
technologies of livestock production be established
such as meat processing and packaging in line with
Halal’s certification, recommended that sensitisation
and education workshops be organised for herdsmen and farmers to build trust and
Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by VirginFinder: 9:16am On Oct 24, 2014
Welcome development smiley

But the ranches must be limited to the north! smiley

4 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by omoharry(f): 9:19am On Oct 24, 2014
good development.
Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by 1shortblackboy: 9:25am On Oct 24, 2014
We've been arm twisted into Spending our lands and money for these nomads

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by ratiken(m): 9:26am On Oct 24, 2014
Its been a long time coming.
Gradually and without propaganda, GEJ is silently addressing Nigeria's endemic troubles.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by talktimi(m): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2014
VirginFinder:

my thought exactly. Let them stay north before another Jos crisis is planted across the country

5 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 24, 2014
Good one from the FG! Those fulani herdsmen are troublesome.

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by Orunto: 9:46am On Oct 24, 2014
This is one of the reasons why GEJ is making real progress. Please GEJ keep doing it. You are improving your skills and governance of Nigeria by leaps and bounds everyday. Goodluck!

5 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by omenka(m): 9:48am On Oct 24, 2014
I wanted to say "good job" until I saw:
VirginFinder:

talktimi:
my thought exactly. Let them stay north before another Jos crisis is planted across the country
Your job description is to launder your boss' image yet out of foolishness, you guys end up doing the exact opposite everytime you speak!! You fellows are so damn dumb. Who says only northerners raise cattle and goats/sheep in the manner Fulanis do??

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 24, 2014
Real solution to real problems

Absolutely brilliant

2 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by talktimi(m): 9:52am On Oct 24, 2014
omenka:

Your job description is to launder your boss' image yet out of foolishness, you guys end up doing the exact opposite everytime you speak!! You fellows are so damn dumb. Who says only northerners raise cattle and goats/sheep in the manner Fulanis do??
what is this bat talking about ?

14 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by clara472: 10:02am On Oct 24, 2014
Nice one
Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by Lordlexyy: 10:43am On Oct 24, 2014
We've been expecting this. I will consider this development as the singular, meaningful achievement of this current gov't if implemented. The incessant clash and unnecessary lost of lives should prompt gov't to expedite action to contain the excalation. However, fg should seek the approval of host community if they will be willing to part with parcel of their land for the programme to avoid future confrontation.

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by citizenY(m): 11:00am On Oct 24, 2014
omenka:

BBB... BIG BLIND BIGOTS...

2 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by chymystique(f): 11:05am On Oct 24, 2014
A very good welcome development from FG.. I hope they implement it soon because most of those fulani herdsmen and their cows are becoming a nusicance. Infact normadic system should be abolished entirely and ranching system adopted.

Long live GEJ!

4 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by amakufrancis(m): 11:11am On Oct 24, 2014
a good one coming from Gej.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by shizzleStar: 11:24am On Oct 24, 2014
omenka:

You are just a very big FOOL.

mr i-too-know, now tell us which other people rear cattles/goats and are nomadic in nature like the fulanis? you call people who are more reasonable dumb in a bid to impress your fellow apc oafs where as you are the bigger FOOL here.

You are just as dumb in utterance as your fellow dumb party member audu ogbe. IDDIOTTT

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by talktimi(m): 11:26am On Oct 24, 2014
shizzleStar:

mr i-too-know, now tell us which other people rear cattles/goats and are nomadic in nature like the fulanis? you call people who are more reasonable dumb in a bid to impress your fellow apc oafs where as you are the bigger FOOL here.

You are just as dumb in utterance as your fellow dumb party member audu ogbe. IDDIOTTT
ignore the daft illiterate abeg

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by shizzleStar: 11:30am On Oct 24, 2014
talktimi:
ignore the daft illiterate abeg
Bruv i try too, but most times he spews plenty of garbage deluding himself that he is making sense. Once in a while i will thwart his stewpidity by telling him how foolish he is when he thinks he is making sense

6 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by Balkan(m): 11:59am On Oct 24, 2014
I hope GEJ knows what he is doing
I hope this not the next agenda to islamise Nigeria.
When you give this fulanis free land in another man land, tomorrow
They will start claiming it and war will start in those communities
You gave out their land. Please the north have a enough land.
Let them concentrate in their region. When we need meet we go their and buy.
GEJ Should not allow Abokkis to arm twist him. They want to bring sharia to the whole Nigeria.
No to Islamisation of Nigeria.
GEJ till 2019

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by gbenga4sure(m): 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
VirginFinder:

These will make our towns and cities in southeren nigeria more secure, clean and safe us from the disgrace they cause us with their cow dungs in every estate,G.R.A,street.Yeah it should be limited to the north so that there wont be another clash because this barbaric people might use this oppourtunity to claim our land like they did in ilorin.
Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by gbenga4sure(m): 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
VirginFinder:

These will make our towns and cities in southern nigeria more secure, clean and safe us from the disgrace they cause us with their cow dungs in every estate,G.R.A,street.Yeah it should be limited to the north so that there wont be another clash because this barbaric people might use this oppourtunity to claim our land like they did in ilorin.
Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by maslong(m): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
VirginFinder:

the ranches can be located any where. but trust that, any ranch located eg. SS, SE, MIDDLE BELT will certainly not be occupied by hausa fulani. because if you allowed them, they will use it as an armed depot,which will mean bigger trouble for the regions. the middle belt and the entire south will resist any attempt to deploy hausa fulani to the region, very good ideal I must say.

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by CyberWolf: 12:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
omenka:

Is your father a nomad

4 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by maslong(m): 1:11pm On Oct 24, 2014
shizzleStar:

stop waisting your time with this eshi called omenka angry

2 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
omenka:

I think its high time Seun banned paid E-APC agents like you from commenting on this site.Instead of commenting on the news you chose to exhibit your foolishness by looking for flaws in other people's post!Get a life dude,stop living on crumbs from Tinubu's table.

How I wish all our previous leaders were just as good as GEJ,at times I wonder what the likes of Buhari,Abacha(Buhari's so called saint) and OBJ did while power.

The fresh air is blowing cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

GEJ till 2019

3 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
Balkan:
I hope GEJ knows what he is doing
I hope this not the next agenda to islamise Nigeria.
When you give this fulanis free land in another man land, tomorrow
They will start claiming it and war will start in those communities
You gave out their land. Please the north have a enough land.
Let them concentrate in their region. When we need meet we go their and buy.
GEJ Should not allow Abokkis to arm twist him. They want to bring sharia to the whole Nigeria.
No to Islamisation of Nigeria.
GEJ till 2019

He was a military head of state with absolute powers, if he couldn't "Islamise" Nigeria then how in the name of Beelzebub is he going to do so as an elected president?
Sponsor a bill and then force every lawmaker at gun point to support it?

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by Balkan(m): 2:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
Aigbofa:

He was a military head of state with absolute powers, if he couldn't "Islamise" Nigeria then how in the name of Beelzebub is he going to do so as an elected president?
Sponsor a bill and then force every lawmaker at gun point to support it?
politics is a game of lobbying and number. Muslims in the in the national assembly are more than 75% and you can imagine what that means. is this not a civilian government we are ? why is boko haram so strong in the north? you no Islam does not respect democracy. this is agenda of the north. if we are not careful, Beheading of Christians will start in the southern part of Nigeria. when the whole thing start you will not have anywhere to run to. Turkey was once 90% christian country and Paul the apostle was from that country. Syria was majority Christian community. What is the situation today.? moderate Muslim in the west will suffer it too. lets open our eyes
Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by IdomaLikita: 2:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
I just hope the grazing routes do not cut across middle belt territory, if not its another N100Billion flushed down the drain!
Meanwhile Suswan is the worst thing to happen to Benue State, and his lacklustre performance will go unnoticed because of his Slavish Devotion to GEJ.
I wonder what a Man who has kept Elementary, Secondary School and Polytechnic Students at home for more than 1Yr can contribute to ending this scourge!
A man who played the fiddle while fulani herdsmen ransacked his own village and killed some of him closest relatives before he woke up to the reality of their menace!
Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by talktimi(m): 2:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
Cattle rearing is serious business the world over but its only in Nigeria where people will flog cows by road from the north to the south destroying valuable cash crops along the way with the attendant violence that follows because of angry farmers.
The establishment of ranches is not a bad idea but I believe the FG should not have a hand in it but rather it should be left to the nomads themselves to set up such farms while the state governments regulate them in terms of sanitation, taxation etc and if such ranches are to be established down south, the lands should be leased from the host communities and terms explained and signed explicitly.
This is to forestall the usual carnage that we have come to be accustomed with when the nomads and farmers collide. Trekking with cattle should be banned
Re: FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement by Balkan(m): 2:10pm On Oct 24, 2014
talktimi:
Cattle rearing is serious business the world over but its only in Nigeria where people will flog cows by road from the north to the south destroying valuable cash crops along the way with the attendant violence that follows because of angry farmers.
The establishment of ranches is not a bad idea but I believe the FG should not have a hand in it but rather it should be left to the nomads themselves to set up such farms while the state governments regulate them in terms of sanitation, taxation etc and if such ranches are to be established down south, the lands should be leased from the host communities and terms explained and signed explicitly.
This is to forestall the usual carnage that we have come to be accustomed with when the nomads and farmers collide. Trekking with cattle should be banned
Their is no vacant land in the SE. We don't want them in the SE, the president can give them the SS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

HUNGER: Otuoke Residents Scramble For Bags Of Rice / Buhari, Atiku, Rochas And Sam Nda-isaiah - Hilarious / Jonathan Betrays Palestine!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.