Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv (26871 Views)

Rewrite Your CV (FREE GMAT Available) / 5 Things Recruiters Want To See On Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by spicy244(f): 8:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
Pls, I will also nid copies too. Kindly help mii drop @ omololukan@gmail.com.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 9:06pm On Nov 07, 2014
YungwizzzyPt7:

seen

God bless

You are welcome much. Amen.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 9:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
spicy244:
Pls, I will also nid copies too. Kindly help mii drop @ omololukan@gmail.com.

No worries. Kindly find in the email address provided. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
[quote author=Marvin67 post=27813173][/quote]

No problem. The resources have been forwarded to the email address provided. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by Rarediamondz: 11:16pm On Nov 07, 2014
Thanks a lot,got it
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
insidifyguru:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Please find a copy of the sample CV + 2 other resources to further help you in the professional crafting of same.
Please can I also get a sample CV to my Thanks in advance.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rarediamondz:
Thanks a lot,got it

You are very much welcome.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by datjohn(m): 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
Pls, can u kindly forward to datjohn@gmail.com
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 9:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
datjohn:
Pls, can u kindly forward to datjohn@gmail.com

Kindly find in the email address provided. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by datjohn(m): 11:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
insidifyguru:

Kindly find in the email address provided. Thank you.

Got it, God Bless u richly.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 11:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
datjohn:

Got it, God Bless u richly.

Thank you for your kind words. Amen.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by alaba1012: 11:49am On Nov 10, 2014
Kindly forward to ♍Ɣ mailbox.alaba1012@gmail.com
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2014
alaba1012:
Kindly forward to ♍Ɣ mailbox.alaba1012@gmail.com

Kindly find forwarded. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by kezmal(m): 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2014
Plz can I also get a sample CV on my email? Here is my email address, talabi_j@yahoo.com
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 9:30am On Nov 17, 2014
kezmal:
Plz can I also get a sample CV on my email? Here is my email address, talabi_j@yahoo.com

Please find in the email address provided. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by switlary: 9:43am On Nov 17, 2014
Me too, send to onungbogboolanrewaju@gmail.com
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by Whumzhie(f): 10:58am On Nov 17, 2014
plsss send c.v grafting samples to my email toi whumzhie@gmail.com and pls is my email ok
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by wonlasewonimi: 11:09am On Nov 17, 2014
Donemmex:

tank u very much for openin dis thread...ur info abt cv writing as really guide me in craftin it out. As a fresh graduate, dis as bin really helpful. Can i send u my cv for ur professional review. Thanks

If you type in text-speak like this you will not get a job. Believe me, you're used to it and it would rear its ugly head out of your CV.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 11:47am On Nov 17, 2014
switlary:
Me too, send to onungbogboolanrewaju@gmail.com

No worries. Please find in the email address provided. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2014
Whumzhie:
plsss send c.v grafting samples to my email toi whumzhie@gmail.com and pls is my email ok

Kindly find the CV crafting resources in the email address provided. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by Deedee27(m): 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
pls kindly send the C.V grafting sample to wunmiisblessed27@gmail.com
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 10:54am On Feb 10, 2015
Deedee27:
pls kindly send the C.V grafting sample to wunmiisblessed27@gmail.com

Please find in the email address provided. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by francizy(m): 12:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
insidifyguru:

Thank you for your comments.
Firstly,it is assumed that it is in applying for a job position that you are sending the mail containing your CV. Some companies would tell you what they require you to address your mail as,simply build on that in one paragraph in the mail you intend to send.

It is definitely not advisable to just scan your CV. In fact, refrain from scanning your CV. It should always be in the form of an attachment (either in MSWord or PDF formats) to better preserve the structure and contents therein.

Secondly,if you have no job experience relevant to the job position being applied for,you should try to get either a volunteer or internship experience relevant to the position. It is important to show to the potential employer that you are familiar in some way with what is required to get the job done.

I hope this helps. #Insidify

Hello, thanks for your posts...

However I'd like to say that am confused as to what's really on about this CV thing..

Before mid last year, I had bio-data (age, sex, state of origin, etc) on my CV. I sent it out and got called a few times for test and interviews.

I cleared off the whole bio-data later on, and have since not gotten a call..

Also, whenever am asked to apply via email, whether application letter is asked for or not, I did write application letter and even backed it up with a short email message. All these happened till I got an email for an opening, I sent it to two of my friends, they sent only their CVs in empty emails, I wrote application letter and also wrote a short email in a bid to back up my CV. Funny enough my efforts were in vain as my friends got called for test while I wasn't. The firm in question is a big FMCG for that matter.

Really frustrating... cry

So after that day, I resorted to sending out empty emails with attachments. If asked for application, I send, else I send only CV..

So am really confused as to how HRs do their thing since some HR personnel made me feel like the extra effort is a waste of time. cry
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 12:44pm On Feb 10, 2015
francizy:

Hello, thanks for your posts...

However I'd like to say that am confused as to what's really on about this CV thing..

Before mid last year, I had bio-data (age, sex, state of origin, etc) on my CV. I sent it out and got called a few times for test and interviews.

I cleared off the whole bio-data later on, and have since not gotten a call..

Also, whenever am asked to apply via email, whether application letter is asked for or not, I did write application letter and even backed it up with a short email message. All these happened till I got an email for an opening, I sent it to two of my friends, they sent only their CVs in empty emails, I wrote application letter and also wrote a short email in a bid to back up my CV. Funny enough my efforts were in vain as my friends got called for test while I wasn't. The firm in question is a big FMCG for that matter.

Really frustrating... cry

So after that day, I resorted to sending out empty emails with attachments. If asked for application, I send, else I send only CV..

So am really confused as to how HRs do their thing since some HR personnel made me feel like the extra effort is a waste of time. cry

Hi, thank you for the compliments.

I'd like to state that the entire job application process is in itself cumbersome, and that is just for one company/firm. The only person, or set of persons, who can tell you EXACTLY what obtains in a firm are those that have had experience either working in or applying to that firm. The issue of you putting this or that in your CV is a case of what obtains for a lot of companies, but definitely not all. There are exceptions to every rule and none more so than in the job application process.

However, please do not despair or lose hope. And do not stop puting in the extra effort. What you should make sure to do is to put that extra effort in the right places. Get as much information as you can about any company/job you are applying to/for before submitting your application. You may not get the job the first, second, tenth, or even twentieth time. But do not stop because of that. Persistence is key.

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best. #Insidify
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by collinsy2: 10:27pm On Feb 10, 2015
Keep up the good work. Kindly forward the materials to collinsy224@yahoo.com.
Gracias...
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by imagold: 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2015
Plz can I also get a sample CV on my email?..imadejulia@yahoo.com..thank u
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by horlawaleh001(m): 9:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
Please forward to my email as well. God bless.
Waleoguntayo@yahoo.co.uk
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by prettymina(f): 6:48am On Feb 14, 2015
How do I prepare a concrete cv..reply tru wassap 08114513186 tnx
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 11:13am On Feb 18, 2015
collinsy2:
Keep up the good work. Kindly forward the materials to collinsy224@yahoo.com.
Gracias...

Thank you for your kind words Collins and sincere apologies for the belated response.

Please find in your email box the resources requested for.

Have a great day. #Insidify
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 11:18am On Feb 18, 2015
imagold:
Plz can I also get a sample CV on my email?..imadejulia@yahoo.com..thank u

Kindly find in your email box. Thank you and apologies for the late response. #Insidify
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 11:19am On Feb 18, 2015
horlawaleh001:
Please forward to my email as well. God bless.
Waleoguntayo@yahoo.co.uk

Kindly find in your email box please.

Thank you and apologies for the late response. #Insidify

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? / Nigerian Govt Commences Fresh N-power Category, Reveals Procedures / Alert!!! Job Seekers Dont Fall For This Scam - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.