Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,380 members, 7,954,545 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:46 PM

5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv (27286 Views)

Rewrite Your CV (FREE GMAT Available) / 5 Things Recruiters Want To See On Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by danashlaw(m): 7:45am On Nov 06, 2014
This is lovely but mine is d aspect of age whereby u try reducing age as d way it goes now n not con responding with d waec certificate date, wouldn't there be effect at all?
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by danashlaw(m): 8:13am On Nov 06, 2014
Thanks a lot brother for enlighten me. Can u pls forward a sample of professional CV to my email box: daniafriday1@gmail.com
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 8:49am On Nov 06, 2014
danashlaw:
This is lovely but mine is d aspect of age whereby u try reducing age as d way it goes now n not con responding with d waec certificate date, wouldn't there be effect at all?

Thank you for your kind words.

As per your question,reducing your age on your CV for the purpose of applying for a particular job is not advisable. Apart from it not corresponding with the age on your WAEC result,when found out that you lied,it can not only terminate your appointment with the firm but might even make the firm institute legal action against you.

Who knows,you may also want to contest for a public office later in the future and then someone may just go and dig this up. It's just better to play safe and not do this at all. Even with a sworn affidavit from court backing up your 'new' age,it is still not the best path to toe.

I hope this helps. #Insidify
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 8:50am On Nov 06, 2014
danashlaw:
Thanks a lot brother for enlighten me. Can u pls forward a sample of professional CV to my email box: daniafriday1@gmail.com

You are much welcome. The resources have been forwarded to your email address. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by jsunex(m): 9:20am On Nov 06, 2014
Is it compulsory som1 add email to CV
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by pclancy(m): 9:31am On Nov 06, 2014
I will also be grateful if u can send me a copy...here is my mail Pascal2k4@yahoo.com....thnx bro
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 12:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
jsunex:
Is it compulsory som1 add email to CV

Thank you for your question. It is very important to add your email but do make sure that it is professionally sounding.

Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 12:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
pclancy:
I will also be grateful if u can send me a copy...here is my mail Pascal2k4@yahoo.com....thnx bro

Please find in your email box. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by chiamalime(m): 2:31pm On Nov 06, 2014
Thanks for the CV info.... U can reach me on Chibogwuamalime@yahoo.com I might review my CV.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 4:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
chiamalime:

Thanks for the CV info.... U can reach me on Chibogwuamalime@yahoo.com I might review my CV.

Thanks for your kind words. I don't quite understand what you mean by me reaching you via your email though. Kindly expatiate. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by adaemeka245(f): 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
insidifyguru:

Kindly find in your inbox. Thank you.
Yea, I got it, Thanks So much
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
adaemeka245:

Yea, I got it, Thanks So much

You are much welcome.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by Enosa1(m): 7:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
insidifyguru:

You are much welcome.
Thanks a million for this thread. Is it important to add company's address and personal address to an online application's cover letter?

pls also endeavour to send the cv sample to princee.nosa@yahoo.com.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
Enosa1:
Thanks a million for this thread. Is it important to add company's address and personal address to an online application's cover letter?

pls also endeavour to send the cv sample to princee.nosa@yahoo.com.

Thank you for your kind words.

As to your question, I'm not sure where the company's address comes in when writing your cover letter, I doubt if it does except you want to refer to the address as where you saw the vacancy (which is most unlikely). Your personal address is also not that pertinent. Having your email address and phone number on the cover letter is enough means of reaching you.

P.S: kindly find the CV sample and 2 other CV crafting resources in the email address provided. Thank you and have a good evening.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by Studentsvoice: 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
insidifyguru:
Thank God it's Friday! Because we are passionate about your productivity and success, here are CV crafting tips for you.

Be sure not to

1. Get too personal
If the job description did not request you to put some personal information such as your birth details, photograph, religion, sexual orientation and political affiliation.

2. Include spelling errors and poor grammar
Around 50% of CVs that are received by recruiters contain spelling or grammatical errors. Do not let the recruiter read “Dear Sir or Madman”. It is good to have a friend to proofread your resume before you send it out.

3. Add irrelevant work experience
Read the job description of the post you are applying for so you include only important work experience that will let your CV stand out and yet fit the position you want.

4. Show off hobbies or oddities
76% of CVs are ignored by recruiters if the email address was unprofessional. Avoid using such email addresses such as sexybabe4luv@yahoo.com etc. Your future employers are not interested if you have ten different hobbies either.

5. Be negative
It is important to use positive language in your CV. Replace negative phrases with positive ones.

Need any more help in professionally crafting your CV? Let us know in the comments section below. #Insidify
...plz can you send me a sample of how a proffessional cv should look..Chibuzorherbert@gmail.com
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 7:20am On Nov 07, 2014
Studentsvoice:
...plz can you send me a sample of how a proffessional cv should look..Chibuzorherbert@gmail.com

No worries. Kindly find a copy of a sample CV as requested and two other professional CV crafting resources. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by pclancy(m): 8:28am On Nov 07, 2014
I received it...thnx bro
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by Tp4sure(m): 8:53am On Nov 07, 2014
Thanks alot 4 d thread. pls can u send me d CV sample and oda professional cv crafting resources. tp4sure2407@gmail.com
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by Studentsvoice: 8:58am On Nov 07, 2014
insidifyguru:

No worries. Kindly find a copy of a sample CV as requested and two other professional CV crafting resources. Thank you.
...thanks for your good work dear...
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
pclancy:
I received it...thnx bro

You are much welcome sire. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 12:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
Tp4sure:
Thanks alot 4 d thread. pls can u send me d CV sample and oda professional cv crafting resources. tp4sure2407@gmail.com

Thank you for your kind words. Please find forwarded, to the email address provided, the CV sample and professional resources as requested. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2014
Tp4sure:

Thank you for your kind words. Please find the resources requested for in the email address provided. Thanks.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2014
Studentsvoice:
...thanks for your good work dear...

Thanks so much for your kind words.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by Tp4sure(m): 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2014
insidifyguru:

Thank you for your kind words. Please find the resources requested for in the email address provided. Thanks.
I have received it. I'm very grateful
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 3:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
Tp4sure:

I have received it. I'm very grateful

You are most welcome. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by Marvin67: 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
Nice thread. Pls kindly forward the CV crafting resources to noblekingmarvin@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
Marvin67:
Nice thread. Pls kindly forward the CV crafting resources to noblekingmarvin@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Thanks for your kind words. The resources have been forwarded to the email address provided. Have a beautiful weekend. #Insidify
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2014
Marvin67:

Please kindly check the email address you sent to me. The email I sent just got returned by Gmail's Mailer Daemon. Kindly check and revert please. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by YungwizzzyPt7: 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
insidifyguru:

Please find CV crafting resources in your mail as requested. Thank you.

nairalandrichboy @gmail.com

thanks
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 5:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
YungwizzzyPt7:

nairalandrichboy @gmail.com

thanks

Please find in the email address provided. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by YungwizzzyPt7: 5:49pm On Nov 07, 2014
insidifyguru:

Please find in the email address provided. Thank you.

seen

God bless
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by Marvin67: 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
[quote author=insidifyguru post=27809091]

Please kindly check the email address you sent to me. The email I sent just got returned by Gmail's Mailer Daemon. Kindly check and revert please. Thank you.[/quote. ]

Sorry about that. Please kindly send it to marvinodih@gmail.com. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Icpc Is Recruiting Graduates / Police Recruitment: Female Candidate Slumps, Dies During Test In Abuja / Several Job Vacancies At Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.