Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,366 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG (27201 Views)

Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara / NYSC Online Registration: Complaint And Testimony / NYSC Online Registration: 10 Costly Mistakes To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by Ladodot: 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
God dey o
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by yokiti: 12:30pm On Oct 29, 2014
styless:

www.ekekeee.com won Nigeria's Best Political Blog, 2012. It's a registered news site with full time reporters and line-editors.
I'm currently serving there so I know.
Thanks for letting us know; be rest assured that we shall consider it next time. once again, please accept my apologies.
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by NaLaugh: 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
Unibenstudent:
Nigeria government are beginining to think all Nigerians are dumb like them.. How much seun use to start nairaland,,e pass 50000 Naira??

Not even close.
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by NaLaugh: 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
The problem with these thieves is they don't steal within reason.

The most it would have cost (at an exorbitant rate) would be 10 million.
Mainly for dedicated servers and equipment.

I guarantee his office can not publish an expense sheet on the project.

4 Likes

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by fidelis9k(m): 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2014
Nysc is not tryin at all...this is d 2nd week aft pop no state allowance yet frm ekiti state....y is d federal government not sayin anytin....dis is not right dia is God oollll
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by iknowwhoiam: 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2014
Can somebody please remind me how much did Stella Oduah used in buying cars.

She was crucified for spending about a quarter of that amount.

Now am wondering why are people (Sahara-reporters) not calling for his head?.

Truth be told that site is scrape and should not have costed more than N5m ... and that's been generous.
This man should go just like Stella Oduah.

1 Like

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by Ebukaokeke5: 1:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
Thief! Oleeee! Barawoooo! N800 million 4 ordinary pay/register website? EFCC shud put dat guy in jail.

1 Like

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by eightsin(m): 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
fidelis9k:
Nysc is not tryin at all...this is d 2nd week aft pop no state allowance yet frm ekiti state....y is d federal government not sayin anytin....dis is not right dia is God oollll

State allowance does not involve federal government na.. Abi them no pay by federal allowi?
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by styless(f): 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
yokiti:

Thanks for letting us know; be rest assured that we shall consider it next time. once again, please accept my apologies.
No offense taken, dear, boy.
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by victor08(m): 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2014
[size=18pt]N800 MILLION WHAT? Just to set up an online portal for students to register and get their call-up letters!
This unbelievable because I am such some crooks must have conspired with the man to siphon money. Online registration and process should make things faster, easier and cheaper otherwise it forfeits the aim

The Federal Govt should look into this matter because we have IT experts that can handle this at a cheaper price too[/size]

1 Like

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by SexyRihanna(f): 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2014
too cheap
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by Chibliss2: 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2014
Are we (Batch B stream 2) still going to camp wt batch C
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by dnative(m): 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2014
victor08:
[size=18pt]
The Federal Govt should look into this matter because we have IT experts that can handle this at a cheaper price too

Not only cheaper, many companies will do it for free. Corporate sponsorship for a solid NYSC application portal should cover the build and maintenance costs, and the company in turn benefitting from a highly visible national project reference - a win-win either ways. 800 million what? Robbing our dear country blind and they are getting more daring by the day.

2 Likes

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by Dlionsheart: 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2014
NYSC DG,

DORO LIE
DORO 419,
DORO THIEF,
DORO ROBBER,
DORO SCAMMER,
DORO ONE CHANCE,
DORO mango - mango,
EVERYBODY SHOUT DORO DORO!!!

EFCC PLEASE,
DORO NYSC DG,
DORO CORRUPTION,
DORO CRIMINAL INTENTION,
DORO THOROUGH INVESTIGATION.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DORO KIRIKIRI!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by mobileincome(m): 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2014
This is crazy exploitation

1 Like

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by oluwasegun007(m): 3:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
No mind the man.....considering the fact that the payment will not end during this batch, the next 10 batch & above will still pay same ' amount' even when the money don complete.
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by muh4lyf(m): 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2014
What does this government want to do... They privatised PHCN... They want to sell refinery... They want to remove subsidy... They just want to sit in abuja and spend all our money lavishly... Most of those useless politicians pay their children who are not working huge sum of money every month... Later some people would be like GEJ till 2015(God and the blood they are sharing in bornu forbid that)... What's the big deal about 500naira... Chai diaris God oooooo.Even if they spent 1billion it's not up to what they'v stolen... By the special grace of God,GEJ is going back to otuoke come 2015... This suffer! Suffer don do....
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by sapientia(m): 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2014
richardoz:
I wonder ooo! and when they present all those arumonje (false) documents to justify themselves even the smartest person will be confused and convinced!

they are not confused nor convinced .. they just took some envelops. even Bill gates cant convince the dumbest person on this..

1 Like

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by popson1st: 6:01pm On Oct 29, 2014
Haaaaaaa. This DG can lie ohhh

1 Like

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by aragon4realz(m): 6:18pm On Oct 29, 2014
pekeyim:
So I complained earlier but didn't know this would make FP.

NYSC camp is a "SHOKI" arena.
The Online scheme is flawed so many prospective Corps members are having issues.Plus there is no way on earth a simple website with a Database will cost 800 Million naira. Impossible!!! What kind of system will they install in offices nationwide if prospective corps members already registered this time without it!!!
yeah it will not cost that much even after I saw it I laughed but on a second thought I think it's for the hardwares and stuff like that, computers ......
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by olajobsmaster(m): 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2014
This where me I always get absolutely confused o. Why spend over 800 MILLION NAIRA to set up a so-called NYSC Online Registration System (basically a website with a database back-end - hardly rocket science) when there aren't even enough jobs for all out-going Corps members for the first of this year alone. I just don't get it - honestly.

To aid job-seekers and fresh graduates just out of NYSC, check out this www.jobsmaster.com.ng has a tool that allows you personalize the kind of job alerts you want to be receiving, whether to your mobile phone or e-mail. Really cool helpful stuff.
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by kolaaderin: 8:02pm On Oct 29, 2014
EmekaBlue:
Newest guy in d block..Whatsup my 9ja peeps

U are welcome to the forum. Choose an option.
1. The confirm evil PDP
2. The suspected evil APShit.
3. Be an observer of both rodent as they trolls illariously on the forum
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by pekeyim: 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
aragon4realz:

yeah it will not cost that much even after I saw it I laughed but on a second thought I think it's for the hardwares and stuff like that, computers ......
So how come corps members were able to mobilise without Hardwares this time?
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by Wristler: 9:18pm On Oct 29, 2014
Thunder fire anybody wey go talk GEJ till Feb 15 again for NL. angry angry
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by harry509: 9:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
styless:
The Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brigadier General Johnson Bamidele Olawumi, has appeared before a House of Representatives Committee on Public Petitions investigative public hearing to answer questions on the four thousand Naira online registration fee being paid by prospective corps members.

The NYSC was dragged to the House of Representatives by the Uzor Azubuike-led Say No Campaign civil society coalition which protested against the fee.

While responding to the petition, Olawumi, who alluded to the poor welfare of the corp members, disclosed that the federal government has approved N500 as feeding allowance for each corp member per day.

He also disclosed that over N800 million was required to setup the computer registration system the NYSC is presently using for its online registration.

He explained that the fees will service a private sector-driven build, operate and transfer agreement. He said the registration equipment will be installed at NYSC offices nationwide.

He said the process was approved by the Bureau of Public Procurement with a certificate of no objection.

While noting that the N4,000 for the online registration is voluntary, he said rather than request for money to install the infrastructure, he would prefer to canvass for increment of the current N19,800 allowance being paid to prospective Corp members.

In his presentation, Mr. Ezenwa Nwagwu of ‘Say No Campaign’ called for the “reversal of the proposed N4,000 fee payment and where payment has been made, a refund to the prospective Corp members.”

Nwagwu stressed the need to “re-examine the laws establishing the NYSC that seems to have made the Director General of the Corp an exclusive preserve of serving military officers.”

On September 30, federal lawmakers launched an inquest into the controversial N4,000 online registration fee and consequently urged NYSC to suspend the policy.

Hon. Hassan Saleh (Benue/PDP) in lead debates on a motion moved on the matter described the NYSC policy as “insensitive and exploitative”.

Read: www.leadership.ng/news/387950/fg-allocates-n500-daily-feeding-allowance-corp-members-nysc-dg
JOHN 11vs35 say's JESUS WEPT. Chaiiii dis country!!! Well I wudt say anitn sha. NYSC na soldier go , soldier com. Barack remain. Tank GOD say I don do my own 5nish b4 dos crimina's cook their lies com.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Taraba State 2015 Batch B Meet Here / 18 Tips You Should Know Before Leaving Home For CAMP!!! / NYSC Batch A Candidates, Have Call-up Letters Shown Up In Your School Yet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.