Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,205 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? (937 Views)

If You Love Or Hate Sex You Need To Read This / Ladies,how Do You Feel About The Man That Disvirgin You,do You Like Or Hate Him? / Mentalities Of Opposite Sex You Hate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? by CANTICLES: 10:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
Facebook is a very wide social - network but nevertheless , we all have our reasons for loving or hating it !! As for me , i hate facebook ...why ? No privacy, anyone can just download your pics without permission , even your wicked enemies can download your pics ! And na wahala be dat o !!! Share urs reason for loving or hating facebook

1 Like

Re: WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? by Beesluv: 10:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
I don't know, NL hijacked me
Re: WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? by supernigga(m): 10:42pm On Oct 24, 2014
undecidedNo comment
Re: WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? by itstpia1: 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
even your wicked enemies can download your pics

some photos dey spread ebola o, softly softly.
Re: WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? by CANTICLES: 10:47pm On Oct 24, 2014
Beesluv:
I don't know, NL hijacked me
Really ??
Re: WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
Too many unintended redirection which I don't like nevertheless I still visit the site though not frequent as before
Re: WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? by jejemanito: 10:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
Facebook is whack

No facelessness which makes it so hard to express oneself
Re: WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? by braintext(m): 10:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ah use it to backup my pictures
Re: WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
I like Facebook cos of them pages that's all.

my opinion sha
Re: WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? by itstpia1: 11:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
embrace technology.
Re: WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? by CANTICLES: 7:33am On Oct 25, 2014
itstpia1:

some photos dey spread ebola o, softly softly.
Bros, u funny o
Re: WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? by llouis: 8:27am On Oct 25, 2014
jejemanito:
Facebook is whack

No facelessness which makes it so hard to express oneself

Why would a mature man be afraid of people knowing what he looks like as he shares his thoughts, ideas and ideals?

From your comment, it means there would be less childish comments, arguments and insults on this forum if people could be linked to a face.

It also means a lot of the things you say here you won't be able to say it in front of your friends and people who know you. That begs the question - are we that desperate for acceptance by society that we are willing to don a mask so we can voice out our innermost thoughts?

This is fear, this is bondage and this is merely a way to exist, not a way to live and live fulfilled.

Guy be yourself, say what you want. If everybody is afraid to air their views because people will be able to link it to them, a lot of great and powerful quotable quotes born and bred of great men and women would never be able to identify their parents. As bastards they would wander the earth frustrated, seeking expression and recognition till they end up in an archive on the internet; like a ring without a finger, unable to serve their true purpose for the rest of eternity.

As for Facebook, once you login on your computer they monitor every web page you visit, as long as you did not sign out. They know everything you do online, everywhere you go, even when you post a pic or you post a thought and u delete it from your timeline it still stays in their database, together with all your chat messages. Facebook also has a right to use your pictures as adverts in other countries to make money. For me this is a gross invasion of privacy which I find emotionally insulting and thought provoking.

Download this app (privacyfix for social networks) by AVG and go through it if you don't believe what I am saying, it tells you how much you are worth to Facebook and how much they make from you in a year. The last time I checked I was worth $2 to them.

Due to these reasons I find myself on Facebook like once every two eternities; the fact that people are monitoring my everyday life without my direct consent is something I find repulsive. But then again the rule of the internet is thus: If you pay for a product it becomes yours, but If its free and you register for it, you become the product. So Facebook can use data of its hundreds of millions of subscribers anyhow it likes and no one can complain.

SELAH
Re: WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? by jejemanito: 8:48am On Oct 25, 2014
llouis:

Why would a mature man be afraid of people knowing what he looks like as he shares his thoughts, ideas and ideals?

From your comment, it means there would be less childish comments, arguments and insults on this forum if people could be linked to a face.

It also means a lot of the things you say here you won't be able to say it in front of your friends and people who know you. That begs the question - are we that desperate for acceptance by society that we are willing to don a mask so we can voice out our innermost thoughts?

This is fear, this is bondage and this is merely a way to exist, not a way to live and live fulfilled.

Guy be yourself, say what you want. If everybody is afraid to air their views because people will be able to link it to them, a lot of great and powerful quotable quotes born and bred of great men and women would never be able to identify their parents. As bastards they would wander the earth frustrated, seeking expression and recognition till they end up in an archive on the internet; like a ring without a finger, unable to serve their true purpose for the rest of eternity.

As for Facebook, once you login on your computer they monitor every web page you visit, as long as you did not sign out. They know everything you do online, everywhere you go, even when you post a pic or you post a thought and u delete it from your timeline it still stays in their database, together with all your chat messages. Facebook also has a right to use your pictures as adverts in other countries to make money. For me this is a gross invasion of privacy which I find emotionally insulting and thought provoking.

Download this app (privacyfix for social networks) by AVG and go through it if you don't believe what I am saying, it tells you how much you are worth to Facebook and how much they make from you in a year. The last time I checked I was worth $2 to them.

Due to these reasons I find myself on Facebook like once every two eternities; the fact that people are monitoring my everyday life without my direct consent is something I find repulsive. But then again the rule of the internet is thus: If you pay for a product it becomes yours, but If its free and you register for it, you become the product. So Facebook can use data of its hundreds of millions of subscribers anyhow it likes and no one can complain.

SELAH

I didn't drive my point well. Facelessness does not mean am being a coward hiding under a mask NEVER! It simply implies everything you said about peeps like facebook viewing ones online activities is exactly what I meant by my comment. Trust me I don't joke with privacy at all at all!

Even google does it. Infact their own is worse

Telecoms nko all this phone calls and texts we send are being monitored!

You made nice points tho
Re: WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? by llouis: 9:08am On Oct 25, 2014
jejemanito:

I didn't drive my point well. Facelessness does not mean am being a coward hiding under a mask NEVER! It simply implies everything you said about peeps like facebook viewing ones online activities is exactly what I meant by my comment. Trust me I don't joke with privacy at all at all!

Even google does it. Infact their own is worse

Telecoms nko all this phone calls and texts we send are being monitored!

You made nice points tho

Well in reality there is nothing we can do about it. Phone calls, text messages, mobile apps, social media, security cameras, satellites, adware, spyware, malware, software etc are all used to monitor our everyday lives. Just watch the movies "The Echelon Conspiracy" and "Eagle Eye" and you will have an idea of what we are really facing.

The only way out is to avoid anything that has to do with technology or electricity; EVERYTHING!!!

I was watching a programme on al-jazzera the other year and i heard how it is possible to turn your phone into a microphone and listen to everything going on in your house all the way from america or israel, even if your phone is switched off! Unless you remove the battery from your phone can it not work.

Meanwhile based on on the app I shared i am now worth $2.40 to facebook and $26.53 dollars to twitter. This is how much they make from my coconut head every year. Is this madness or is this sparta or what?
Re: WHY Do You Love OR Hate Facebook ?? by jejemanito: 9:57am On Oct 25, 2014
llouis:

Well in reality there is nothing we can do about it. Phone calls, text messages, mobile apps, social media, security cameras, satellites, adware, spyware, malware, software etc are all used to monitor our everyday lives. Just watch the movies "The Echelon Conspiracy" and "Eagle Eye" and you will have an idea of what we are really facing.

The only way out is to avoid anything that has to do with technology or electricity; EVERYTHING!!!

It's just too bad! In fact I even vowed sometimes last year that when I graduate I will madly by God's grace run packages, programming langs all of them!! I need to know what's going on seriously!

BTW do you know where those movies can be downloaded?

Meanwhile based on on the app I shared i am now worth $2.40 to facebook and $26.53 dollars to twitter. This is how much they make from my coconut head every year. Is this madness or is this sparta or what?
LWKMD!!

(1) (Reply)

6 Health Benefits Of Kissing You Didn't Know / 9 Secrets Women Never Tell Their Men / Facebook Romance Near Tragedy: Girl Narrates Ordeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.