Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• (4220 Views)

Buhari Campaigns In Style In Imo With Open Roof Bus (photos) / Aisha Buhari Campaigns In Edo In A Colourful Manner (photos) / Buhari Campaigns In Anambra Today (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Nextlevel0007(m): 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
A political interest group, the Turaki Vanguard, has asked former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), to withdraw from the 2015 presidential race.

The group, made up of loyalists of  the former Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar, said in a statement on Thursday that Buhari, having contested three times and lost, cannot add anything new to  the fortunes of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in next year’s presidential election.

“We are making this call on the former head of state with all sense of responsibility having in mind that Buhari will neither enrich the race nor enhance the political fortunes of the opposition APC which Nigerians hope will salvage their country from the 15 years of death grip and mis-governance of the PDP,” the group said.

Both Buhari and Atiku are among the frontrunners seeking the APC’s ticket for the presidential election.

The group’s call came on the heels of a similar admonition by a popular Islamic cleric, Sheik Ahmed Gumi, who advised Buhari, against running for the president for the fourth time.

In a statement issued by its National President, Oladimeji Fabiyi, the Turaki Vanguard said: “We, the members of the Turaki Vanguard, a political pressure group operating independently of the Atiku Abubakar Campaign Organisation, having carefully monitored and observed recent pro-Buhari activities sponsored by the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), hereby call on him to quit the presidential race.”

However, what came as a surprise is the group’s  allegation  that the ruling PDP, might have been pushing for the Buhari candidacy, because they are sure of defeating him and would be comfortable with his candidacy.

“In making this call, we are mindful of the need for all patriotic Nigerians to help prevent another political ridicule of a former Nigerian leader like Buhari, which would be unavoidable if he continues with his 2015 aspiration.

“We hope the elderly and revered General will heed our advice and those of other respectable Nigerians like Sheikh Ahmad Gumi,” it added.

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/drop-your-presidential-bid-atiku-group-tells-buhari/192122/

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 24, 2014
Nonsense...
Atiku employees have gone mad. Let me remind them, it is like sycophancy have made them forget the history of their boss.

-Atiku contested for the Presidency under SDP in 1992 and lost the Primaries to Chief MKO Abiola.
-Atiku Contested for President in 2007 and lost to Yar Adua and Buhari in that order. In fact, Buhari WON Adamawa(Atiku's Backyard)
-Atiku contested for the Presidency and lost in the PDP's primaries to Jonathan in a WOEFUL manner despite his Hype cheesy cheesy cheesy . Such humiliation have never been seen in our political history.
-Atiku has contested for the Presidency three times and Lost WOEFULLY in all three.
At least General Buhari has always been close to winning despite not running under moneybags.

Atiku sjould hide his head in shame.

Buhari For President 2015
Sai Buhari
#i-Believe

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Nextlevel0007(m): 11:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
My Question is,,, who stand a better chance to win GEJ between GMB and Atiku

3 Likes

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
Nextlevel0007:
[s]My Question is,,, who stand a better chance to win GEJ between GMB and Atiku [/s]
The question is, who will first go to Jail between GEJ and Atiku under the Buhari Administration?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Tolexander: 11:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
The group, made up of
loyalists of the former Vice-
President, Atiku Abubakar,
said in a statement on
Thursday that Buhari, having
contested three times and
lost
, cannot add anything new
to the fortunes of the All
Progressives Congress (APC) in
next year’s presidential
election.
some people are just comedians!

Since when has Atiku been contesting and eyeing this same post?
2007!

3 Likes

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by aderonila18: 11:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
Why are they trying to stop him from contesting? Everyday PDP agents whine about why he shouldn't contest yet they say he can't beat GEJ so why are they afraid

5 Likes

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
Tolexander:

some people are just comedians!

Since when has Atiku been contesting and eyeing this same post?
2007!
1992 Sir! Atiku sycophants have gone mad

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by mazzi: 11:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
barcanista:
The question is, who will first go to Jail between GEJ and Atiku under the Buhari Administration?
Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by mazzi: 11:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
My guy u too para.take it easy na,bugarri no get any chance

2 Likes

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by mazzi: 11:38pm On Oct 24, 2014
aderonila18:
Why are they trying to stop him from contesting? Everyday PDP agents whine about why he shouldn't contest yet they say he can't beat GEJ so why are they afraid
Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by mazzi: 11:43pm On Oct 24, 2014
They just want to save frm fourth shameful outing. ;DThey just want to save frm fourth shameful outing.

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by mazzi: 11:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
Nextlevel0007:
Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by mazzi: 11:47pm On Oct 24, 2014
Bro,nobody!!!
Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Nextlevel0007(m): 11:49pm On Oct 24, 2014
barcanista:

A typical Nigerian answer's question with question. grin grin grin
Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by nigerianvenom(m): 12:00am On Oct 25, 2014
Nextlevel0007:

None of them.
Not even a million of them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by blackfase(m): 12:18am On Oct 25, 2014
Lol....barca badt gaan. cheesy. The smelly nigerian gulag should have enough space to accomodate two more scumbags I gues.

barcanista:
Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 25, 2014
Nextlevel0007:

A typical Nigerian answer's question with question. grin grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 25, 2014
blackfase:

Lol....barca badt gaan. cheesy. The smelly nigerian gulag should have enough space to accomodate two more scumbags I gues.

Jonathan should start renovating the Prisons, because he will relocate there soonest or he go on exile.

3 Likes

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Manazz(m): 12:35am On Oct 25, 2014
Nextlevel0007:
A political interest group, the Turaki Vanguard, has asked former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), to withdraw from the 2015 presidential race.

The group, made up of loyalists of the former Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar, said in a statement on Thursday that Buhari, having contested three times and lost, cannot add anything new to the fortunes of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in next year’s presidential election.

“We are making this call on the former head of state with all sense of responsibility having in mind that Buhari will neither enrich the race nor enhance the political fortunes of the opposition APC which Nigerians hope will salvage their country from the 15 years of death grip and mis-governance of the PDP,” the group said.

Both Buhari and Atiku are among the frontrunners seeking the APC’s ticket for the presidential election.

The group’s call came on the heels of a similar admonition by a popular Islamic cleric, Sheik Ahmed Gumi, who advised Buhari, against running for the president for the fourth time.

In a statement issued by its National President, Oladimeji Fabiyi, the Turaki Vanguard said: “We, the members of the Turaki Vanguard, a political pressure group operating independently of the Atiku Abubakar Campaign Organisation, having carefully monitored and observed recent pro-Buhari activities sponsored by the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), hereby call on him to quit the presidential race.”

However, what came as a surprise is the group’s allegation that the ruling PDP, might have been pushing for the Buhari candidacy, because they are sure of defeating him and would be comfortable with his candidacy.

“In making this call, we are mindful of the need for all patriotic Nigerians to help prevent another political ridicule of a former Nigerian leader like Buhari, which would be unavoidable if he continues with his 2015 aspiration.

“We hope the elderly and revered General will heed our advice and those of other respectable Nigerians like Sheikh Ahmad Gumi,” it added.

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/drop-your-presidential-bid-atiku-group-tells-buhari/192122/

Yeah im pretty sure whats happening is the exact opposite, e.g just take a look at the Politics section of this forum, then again its not like the APC supporters here are doing any better.
Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by PhockPhockMan: 1:40am On Oct 25, 2014
barcanista:
Nonsense...
Atiku employees have gone mad. Let me remind them, it is like sycophancy have made them forget the history of their boss.

-Atiku contested for the Presidency under SDP in 1992 and lost the Primaries to Chief MKO Abiola.
-Atiku Contested for President in 2007 and lost to Yar Adua and Buhari in that order. In fact, Buhari WON Adamawa(Atiku's Backyard)
-Atiku contested for the Presidency and lost in the PDP's primaries to Jonathan in a WOEFUL manner despite his Hype cheesy cheesy cheesy . Such humiliation have never been seen in our political history.
-Atiku has contested for the Presidency three times and Lost WOEFULLY in all three.
At least General Buhari has always been close to winning despite not running under moneybags.

Buhari For President 2015
Sai Buhari
#i-Believe
My boy, this is the kind of battle you should concern yourself with, not fighting a vain battle with a man who is yet to declare his intention. At times I wonder if some of you suck una mama breasst belle full. The way you people are going about Buhari things, I thought he's the sole candidate.
So unfortunate.

6 Likes

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by sunny63(m): 1:47am On Oct 25, 2014
Bwari will still weep 4 himself,I pity dt old man.Bwari can never win president Election in Nigeria,he should better go 4 Governorship election in katsina

4 Likes

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Nobody: 1:53am On Oct 25, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
My boy, this is the kind of battle you should concern yourself with, not fighting a vain battle with a man who is yet to declare his intention. At times I wonder if some of you suck una mama breasst belle full. The way you people are going about Buhari things, I thought he's the sole candidate.
So unfortunate.
My Boss, we are coming to chase Dr. Jonathan to his village. As for Atiku, he is a forgotten case

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by anonimi: 7:04am On Oct 25, 2014
barcanista:

So in your dictionary 'close to winning' is not failure abi?
So where your idol get money for not only three FAILED presidential campaigns but also Supreme court cases each time with EXPENSIVE lawyers, SANs shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 25, 2014
Speechlessss
ViVa Barcelona
Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 25, 2014
Ibnsultan:
Speechlessss
ViVa Barcelona
For life... Madrid will be annihilated today

Visca Barca
Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by phillycute(f): 7:34am On Oct 25, 2014
barcanista:
Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 25, 2014
phillycute:
Hi Dear
Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by BRAV0O(m): 7:44am On Oct 25, 2014
barcanista:
Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 25, 2014
barcanista:
For life... Madrid will be annihilated today

Visca Barca
sure.
Have u seen my mail
Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 25, 2014
Ibnsultan:
sure.
Have u seen my mail
Oh lemme check.
Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Ngwakwe: 8:13am On Oct 25, 2014
I laugh when concoctions and deliberate lies are used as components to repackage Buhari

Buhari taught Atiku Abubakar corruption of corruption when the former VP was Deputy Director of Custom that Despot like him (Buhari) can subvert a decree to enrich a friend.

Buhari lost every moral authority to raise any allegation of corruption against Atiku and will never attempt it to avoid blowing up deep secrets

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns• by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 25, 2014
Ngwakwe:
I laugh when concoctions and deliberate lies are used as components to repackage Buhari

Buhari taught Atiku Abubakar corruption when the former VP was Deputy Director of Custom that Despot like him (Buhari) can subvert a decree to enrich a friend.

Buhari lost every moral authority to raise any allegation of corruption against Atiku and will never attempt it to avoid blowing up deep secrets

Bros mi, it is too early to get hypertension grin grin

Good morning

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor / River State Govenor Wike Looses Appeal / How We Intend To Stop Inconclusive Elections — INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.