Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,356 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court (13082 Views)

SSS Probes Sheriff Over Alleged Boko Haram Sponsorship / Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff / Boko Haram Sponsorship: We’ve Been Vindicated – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by Prymestrr(m): 5:55am On Oct 25, 2014
Nigeria my banana Republic giant of africa. The international criminal court tries war criminals in an open trial but because we v an umbrella covered pot-bellied lazy bigot on trial 4 conspiracy with insurgent... We r now hearing closed door trial. Soon this case will be swept under d carpet.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by blemon44(m): 5:57am On Oct 25, 2014
Why do they want to make it secret ?
Abeg they should make it a public thing so that people will know how much he embezzled
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by malater(m): 6:12am On Oct 25, 2014
Time to face reality. Where is the former govnor of Adamawa state whom it was gathered that supplied 200 toyota Hiliux to the sect. Yet he has gone scout free. Biko I wan go dance choki
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 25, 2014
Prymestrr:
Nigeria my banana Republic giant of africa. The international criminal court tries war criminals in an open trial but because we v an umbrella covered pot-bellied lazy bigot on trial 4 conspiracy with insurgent... We r now hearing closed door trial. Soon this case will be swept under d carpet.

Again, it was the Government who requested the trial be held in secret because of possible testimony that may be of national security importance.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by nerodenero: 6:27am On Oct 25, 2014
In a sane country,people like the accused lawmaker and his accomplices would have been jailed or sentenced to death for aiding Boko bastards but unfortunately, ours isnt a sane country.

As the years goes bye, one would have expected the country to get better but alas,the opposite is the case.We need to rid ourselves of all these leaders if the country will get better.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 25, 2014
He ordered acts of genocides against innocent people all because he is a greedy bastard, now he wants a secret trial? For what? Infact this one should be taken to the international criminal court sef!
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by lawrenceunaa: 6:57am On Oct 25, 2014
Corruption undecided
Y must it be conducted in secret undecided
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by Holadpearl(m): 7:05am On Oct 25, 2014
Wow thats a good step in the right direction.key witnesses can now testify without loosing there privacy or fear backlash from bokoish.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by olojaoke1(m): 7:13am On Oct 25, 2014
lonelydora:
Why did he want a secret trial?? Is he different from the common Nigerian?

GEJ is working.
Have you been following the case before now FYI,its the government that requested for secret trial,perhaps to protect the witness. Please get your facts right.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by experimentist: 7:18am On Oct 25, 2014
Guys abeg mek una pray for me mek I win bet9ja today plsss...dem don chop me o!

I luv y'all kiss
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by EmmaOgbu(m): 7:23am On Oct 25, 2014
Why secret?
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 25, 2014
honestly.. We know stories like this.. It make front page on newspapers then vanishes. Just as in chibok girls ish..
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by Ogbodavies(m): 7:50am On Oct 25, 2014
these people have come again....... what is wrong with an open trial
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by Johnnoo(m): 8:02am On Oct 25, 2014
bornagain1509:
a contry with a shambolic legal system.
Ogbodavies:
these people have come again....... what is wrong with an open trial
EmmaOgbu:
Why secret?

The secret trial is for the protection of the witnesses. There is a lot insecurity in Nigeria, we won't like to see a witness dead after testifying against somebody in a law court...its simple wink
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 25, 2014
which one is partial secret trial again
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by centjamie(m): 8:48am On Oct 25, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Correction....it was the Government that requested for a secret trial....not the defendant. This is done in cases where there is sensitive testimony to be given, like, for example....testimony by Intelligence operatives who have infiltrated Boko Haram, secret informants who are working in Boko Haram for the government...or investigators who are investigating Boko.

This is done to prevent the Bokoists from getting untrammeled access to the government's strategy against them.

What the court has done is to rule that Ndume's trial should be partially secret...ie...some evidence(the most sensitive of the lot, the one adjudged to be of great national-security importance ) would be given in camera (that's legalese for ''in secret'').

Here is an example of a similar ruling from the UK...Excerpt below..

Ur head dy dia bro.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by akinsadeez(m): 10:39am On Oct 25, 2014
wonderful ruling by the judge. I don't get why people insist that the case should be heard in public. What are we gonna gain from hearing the Guy's tails of how they conducted their strikes which claimed thousands of lives. This ruling suits both parties well. kudos to the judge.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by Tinyemeka(m): 10:55am On Oct 25, 2014
youngice:
So far as it won't affect his sentencing I have no problems, but who is fooling who ,he Will bribe and bribe and bribe his way out , kill the bastard already
Very tempting as it sounds, but if you kill him, it might bring out 10 more of his kind. Jihadist mindset.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 25, 2014
lonelydora:

GEJ is working.

Means you are a misinformed mumu
It's the govt that wants secret trial and not the man.
Let us stop all these sectional,tribal and religious statements...goooshhh
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by youngice(m): 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2014
Tinyemeka:

Very tempting as it sounds, but if you kill him, it might bring out 10 more of his kind. Jihadist mindset.
As annoying as it is , you are right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by Kinkale(m): 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nigerians are the architect of there own destruction. It was plainly and boldly written their that the FEDERAL GOVT. Requested secret trials. This is the best means to protect any of our undercover agents and the witnesses. Knowing the brute manner which boko uses it is eminent to protect those involved but silly stewpid and party biased nigerians would never want to see anything gud come out of this country.

All of you spewing rubbish are fools. If you don't know what to say simply shut your damn mouths.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by Kinkale(m): 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
nerodenero:
In a sane country,people like the accused lawmaker and his accomplices would have been jailed or sentenced to death for aiding Boko bastards but unfortunately, ours isnt a sane country.

As the years goes bye, one would have expected the country to get better but alas,the opposite is the case.We need to rid ourselves of all these leaders if the country will get better.

a dude just posted a similar case in a SANE united kingdom.
I know your the kind of mofos who see nigeria only as a country filled with negetivities. Abeg park your illitracy well.
Imagine if you were a witness in that said case, would you want to testify in the open knowing boko can use you to make suya??
Mind you its the corrupt govt. Thats actually bringing the evidences. Mtcheww
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by mekadinho(f): 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2014
SO MANY KIDS IN NAIRALAND THIS DAYS, SECRET TRIAL IS NORMAL, ESP WHEN IT HAS TO DO WITH TERRORISM AND KIDNAPPING. OUR ALMIGHTY US, UK, FRANCE ETC PRACTICE IT. SOME INFORMATIONS ARE JUST TOO POWERFUL...AND BOKO BOYS MIGHT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OPEN TRIAL.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by enomakos(m): 2:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
why is this man still in the senate?

mr president you are falling my hand
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by donheg(m): 3:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
PDP watch dog at work..
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by Lywiled: 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
lonelydora:

GEJ is working.

I dn't think he is d one dats wants a secret trial, I think it's FG to enable d witnesses testify witout fear for their lives.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court by Consultville(m): 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2014
This serious, a serving Senator for that matter

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

100 Days After, Governor Douye Diri Yet To Form Cabinet / Peter Obi: ‘Obidients’ Are Angry Because They Want Change (Video) / Gay Group Backs Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.