Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,535 members, 7,816,305 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? (38032 Views)

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? / 10 Most Annoying Nigerian Media English Expressions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Jarexxx(m): 1:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
Came late to class,asked me to stand on the podium with him till the end of the class;a 1500 seat LT
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Absoj(m): 1:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
Imagine how it feels when a sudden horrid smell permeates a 3credit course class and d lecturer zeroed in on u as d one who farted cos ure d only one dat wore an almost faded ankara cloth in class...it was humiliating cos u tot dat even when u eat beans u always av d courtesy not to try release any gas

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Polyflexzy(m): 1:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
i dated a professor's daughter and he knew, come see wahala na... Luckily because of my personality aka scholar in school bk den, he calmed down hoping i might be a good influence on her.
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by femzysticks(m): 1:29pm On Feb 18, 2015
cupidora:
My HOD who was also my lecturer in one course had a set a rules to be obeyed when doing his assignments;
1.Your margin must be 1.5 inches wide
2.You must use British spellings not American
3.Your full-scap sheet must be a single sheet,not two pages
Hahaha
Na technical drawing?

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Dacronym(m): 1:29pm On Feb 18, 2015
M.
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Eberex(m): 1:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
Dacronym:
Everything about my school annoys me. Unqualified, Small boy lecturers behaving any how

I bet convenant, Madonna, or the rest
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by femzysticks(m): 1:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
Ilovenigeria:
Had missing script , went to the lecturer to inquire about it, the man started toasting me, I went to my HOD to complain that one started touching my breast.i left and carried the course over.

Hehehe
Thank God you didn't go to the dean or VC
E for be another 'story for the gods'
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Dacronym(m): 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2015
Mine happened in 2012,when God want to arrest you for impersonating he will make you not to heed to any instruction. A friend of mine had C.O in Engr 101 so I registered the exam for him using my picture and answering his name. The exam was to start by 9am and those in 3rd year was writing STA 203 that same day and time n my friend also carrying the STA 203 tight. The invigilator started to call names until it reached that of my friend. He called his name and I came out the man was surprised and said to me ,u are not the one if I see him I will know.I stood my ground and said I am the one,even my friend became afraid dt time cos the man told me IF U DARE ENTER THAT HALL, u will see what I will do to u. Yet, I ignored him and went inside and sat down. Unfortunately,the Engr 101 had to be shifted to 12 noon cos of the STA 203 that was clashing. I was coming out of the hall innocently when from nowhere the HOD of my friend's dept grabbed me from behind and held my waist. He brought the admit card I used to register the course and said to me,why did u enter that hall cos I have never seen u in my dept b4 and I know all my students. Hmm story don change I replied him I didn't hear the invigilator well b4 cos I tot I heard my name dt time. Hmm na so case take start,he dragged me to his office with the help of other lecturers and locked me inside. He asked if I had been to the police cell b4 I answered yea that I have. He said to me dt means u are a good customer. He brought out his handset, made a call to the Chief Security Officer n said we have the impersonator now start coming. 10 minutes later , they came to the ABE dept with a Hilux Van and two men holding pump action gun,they led me into the back and all eyes was on me. We reached d security cell after writing down the statement I was released when the HOD left around 1pm, even the exam I wasn't able to write for my friend again. My friend also was surprised that I could go to dt extent to defend him , out of the security with my freedom intact we had to shun d exam and drink some bottles to calm our head down.

5 Likes

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by jammani(m): 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
We got to part3, by standard doings of the school, every penultimate year students will undergo their final screening. In the act of preparing for the screening, I would have to print my original jamb result from Jamb website; to my surprise I saw a score less than the school score-requirement on the original jamb result page. I went straight to the admission office, the first officer I met to discuss with my problem started shouting-nemesis has catch up with you, you edited your statement of result to gain admission, you never envisaged it will boomerang. At first I was smiling but wondering that shey this woman no mad sha. staying after 30mins with her trying to get her back to her senses became frustrating to me. I dashed out of her and headed straight to the chief admission office; on getting there, lo and behold she was someone very close to my dad.

To cut the long story short, she brought out one big voluminous book which has all the jamb details and results of every students. We checked and truthfully it was jamb's fault so I became vindicated. She divided the food she was eating and offered me. I ate, relaxed well then bade her "thank you-goodbye".
Trust the Niqqa, I went straight to that foolish woman and said madam shey ebi mon ni (don't you have kids too). She became volatile again and threatens to follow my case to the last point of expulsion for gross misconduct, I just smiled and said- I will get you sacked. Everywhere was boiling in the admission complex before some concerned staffs quenched it and forcefully made me to say "I am sorry".

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by CyberWolf: 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2015
He gave me a C on a 3unit course in final yr..I was like what da fvck angry...Glory be to God cos I later conquered..
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Emmafrancis: 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2015
samuelson06:
Came to his class late. But he insisted I should leave. I then began to beg him that I couldn't struggle for bus from main gate to library like other students but my pleas felled on deft ears. And then he was advancing towards me. What exactly for? Well a fight. Had to run out of the class and he pursued me. As if that wasn't enough, he deployed spies to watch out for me anytime I enter his class. A close friend hinted me about it and I had to drop the course till the following year.
UNICAL»Physics»Ilhozibe

Once I saw main gate to library on ur comment, I knew it must be unical. Greatest malabite
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by femzysticks(m): 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2015
Dacronym:
A lecturer asking u 'which country is craig david from' in exam.

Na history course?
Maybe he has special love for music
Else..."Weed in action"
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by debonairprinx(m): 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2015
fadjnr:
Mr Soroungbe. That man ehn na evil man. Well I was having an exam in his course I carried over in my finals and fortunately or unfortunately I forgot my ID card at home, after a couple of minutes he came into the exam hall and asked me to step out cos I didn't have my ID card on me. Come see beg o, The man didn't bulge, eventually I asked him if it would be his Joy to see me spill over because of his course, he was dumbfounded by my question the yeye man's reply was would i be happy if they sacked him shocked shocked but he still didn't let me in o. I just went upstairs told the HOD my plight, she came down and ordered him to allow me in. If u see as the man dey shake. I no fit forget that foolish man for my life.

Soroungbe!
Futa ba? Biology dept is it?...
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by localboy: 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2015
tosyne2much:
Lemme keep the ball rolling

**He's my HOD and also a lecturer, that man is just damn wicked**

During my first year, when our first semester result was pasted, I went straight to the board and after checking my grades, the not so tall ones who couldn't see the board due to height ish didn't allow me go thereby disturbing me to help them check theirs

# Fast-Farward#
My HOD came out of his office and saw students clustered around the result board, he went into his office and came back few minutes later. When he came out, he looked at me for a few seconds because I was the centre of the result checking stuff and he said " hey you get out of there! " Inwardly I was like, ahn ahn wetin happen ?, are you drunk? I was just looking at him as if it mistakenly slipped out of his tongue. He repeated the same thing and that was when I knew it wasn't a slip of tongue, he said " you are happy checking your result now abi ?, when second semester result is being pasted you will not be happy with your grades.. Woooooow !

I couldn't believe my ears, at that instance, it was as if I should move close to him and squeeze his ears but for where ? Only if I wan re-write JAMB

** Needless I say, when second semester was pasted, I dropped 32.5 points shocked**

**Share yours**

The old principal gave me "grin" in his course and as a graduating student and made me come out with the grade "2.99"{lower credit} as against 3.00 {upper credit} i planned and struggled to cum out wit during my year in the polytechnic ## ###very annoying....######

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by ishowdotgmail(m): 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hmmmn am seeing things....

That's why UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN is still the best in Nigeria.We have active Lecturers' Disciplinary Committee dt penalize any form of maltreatment or oppression to students

#1st_and_the_best

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
Went to get the grades for our GS103 term paper,the stupid PG student who had been looking at me somehow asked me to wait,he couldn't find mine.
I stood until he attended to everyone then reached in and pulled out mine and it was a C
I was almost in tears and asked him what I did wrong to earn me a C
Then the man said " well you have been doing shakara but if I see you in the PG hostel tonight,that your C will turn to A"
I started begging him and he repeated his lines and I walked away.

The next term I was now in UNEC and came to UNN main campus for something and sighted Mr Onwuka
Chei
I walked up alongside him and abused him to my hearts desire,he was trying to get away I followed calling him short engine,ugly baboon
When we reached around the chapel of redemption,I told him I wished the crucifix up the steeple could come down and land on him and pin him to the ground,he hurriedly entered an office in the area.i felt much better after that

3 Likes

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by olipee(m): 2:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
timawoku:
It was during a test in my final year, there had been this beautiful girl I hoped we would date but later just became friends, it was fin 413(finance), this girl seem to forget her formula and she began fretting, I knew the question only too much because I practiced that particular question very well, we were given 1hr, I finished under 30mins and resorted to helping people out, naturally the girl came to mind first, I started telling her the formulas (and did not realize the main lecturer of the course had walked in and was seeing everything I was doing), he motioned the invigillator who later realized what I was doing, na so this invigilator carry am for head o, he took my paper, tore it, and said he would make sure that I never graduate that year,(he was taking us agric finance,a prerequisite) that I will fail his course (even the lecturer that owns the course was like;wat da?, you dey beef this boy before?),he walked me out, (and me no send, I no even beg am) he later chased after me, said I would face dept panel, he said as long as he was living, I would not graduate, (funny part was I did not finch, I was just staring at him like I was watching a movie, all I needed was popcorn),even the owner of the course was pleading on my behalf ( I was one of his best students). He later even cancelled that test (because there was mass failure) and did anoda which I was the highest.

Then alas

His (the invigilator) course was removed from prerequisite and was made optional, he had accident and he was changed, I still went ahead and did his course (we were only 4 students and another lecturer took the lecture) and guess what? I conquered the dude!
I smell Nollywood, because i knew what would apen from the begining
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Dacronym(m): 2:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Martinex12(m): 2:10pm On Feb 18, 2015
Mine was not even a lecturer bhu a lab attendant, a tall huge black man named mr. Olu.......I was to submit a file containin series of well reported practicals for grading, he usually calls d names of members via their grouping.....behold he was to call on group J where ma name had been engraved......Martins he called out, I came rushin n smiling wit ma new, neat file, bhu mr. Olu collected ma file gazed a little at me and drew ma file away in front of all ma mates in ma level, y me? Y dat day? Wat hav i done? All dis question sprang up n I was left wit no alternatives bhu to silently work away in shame n quilt......datz wasn't all he did not jst refuse ma file bhu he neva accepted ma plea even wen I went to his office d next day to beg him of smtin I neva did? After all dis humilation, he didn't sign ma file n I hav been marked absent for all ma practicalz..........wat a wicked world........
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by nebukadnezzari(m): 2:13pm On Feb 18, 2015
Chai una xperience funny die.
Mine was my final year project supervisor, d man acts like an ogboni individual. I wasnt around for the project drilling. So later, i submitted some topics on quality control which was later rejected in mass with that of other students too, Alas my project supervisor gave me a topic of which only 3 pple had an idea of in the whole faculty. Being a very laid back dude i just did my first 2 chapters but couldnt submit it cos i was ill. Lo and behold i later came to give this man my project along with my doctors report n he refused.

Fast fwd
On the project defence day he banned me from coming to the venue and i talked back at him and left (me wey no sabi beg person) i just went back home tidied all my papers n waited for my auto carry over. During my free time i hussled like an onitsha trader and bought every lecturer in my department except him and his bosom friend my HOD. I also went to TMT and bought some pple to so i could borrow their courses and make up, one guy man lecturer took my name to the HOD for approval after buying him drinks in a lounge, he signed it not knowing it was my name n the rest is history. Although it cost me 1 yr...moral of the story- MONEY KNOWS ALL THE LECTURERS IN YOUR UNIVERSITY.

2 Likes

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by nebukadnezzari(m): 2:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
Doxie69:
Mine happened in 2012,when God want to arrest you for impersonating he will make you not to heed to any instruction. A friend of mine had C.O in Engr 101 so I registered the exam for him using my picture and answering his name. The exam was to start by 9am and those in 3rd year was writing STA 203 that same day and time n my friend also carrying the STA 203 tight. The invigilator started to call names until it reached that of my friend. He called his name and I came out the man was surprised and said to me ,u are not the one if I see him I will know.I stood my ground and said I am the one,even my friend became afraid dt time cos the man told me IF U DARE ENTER THAT HALL, u will see what I will do to u. Yet, I ignored him and went inside and sat down. Unfortunately,the Engr 101 had to be shifted to 12 noon cos of the STA 203 that was clashing. I was coming out of the hall innocently when from nowhere the HOD of my friend's dept grabbed me from behind and held my waist. He brought the admit card I used to register the course and said to me,why did u enter that hall cos I have never seen u in my dept b4 and I know all my students. Hmm story don change I replied him I didn't hear the invigilator well b4 cos I tot I heard my name dt time. Hmm na so case take start,he dragged me to his office with the help of other lecturers and locked me inside. He asked if I had been to the police cell b4 I answered yea that I have. He said to me dt means u are a good customer. He brought out his handset, made a call to the Chief Security Officer n said we have the impersonator now start coming. 10 minutes later , they came to the ABE dept with a Hilux Van and two men holding pump action gun,they led me into the back and all eyes was on me. We reached d security cell after writing down the statement I was released when the HOD left around 1pm, even the exam I wasn't able to write for my friend again. My friend also was surprised that I could go to dt extent to defend him , out of the security with my freedom intact we had to shun d exam and drink some bottles to calm our head down.

Lwkmd4h
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Nuezha(m): 2:33pm On Feb 18, 2015
Finished CEC 201 (2hrs) exams in less than 40mins. I stood up, submitted and about to walk out. Then I was stopped by the invigilators, frisked & forced to sit down. They went through my answer sheets, they threw questions at me. They later found that "i dey hang for distinction level" in my previous GPA.

They started gisting with me while still forced to sit till it was 1hr into the exams.

The news went viral. I rode on that popularity to join school politics. Na so GPA con drop! (to 4.1 of 5)
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by PromiseJonah(m): 2:37pm On Feb 18, 2015
My own happened late december last year.

I was commanded to kneel down as if i was a pupil instead of an undergraduate *

by a lecturer called Dr. S.U Chindah D++ etc {the man with unbountable titles} he always commands people and i was told he was a squadron leader in the military before he retired and became a lecturer
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by danbrowndmf(m): 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
This will be sweet

None comes to mind.
I avoided my Lecturers like plagues.

When I was graduating, one told me - "so,
you 're the Onyinye...hiding yourself from me but you give all these small-small boys for free"...hahahahahaha.
lolz,buh wer u gvn d small small boyz for free?.cheesy
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Ezegozie(m): 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2015
mine was the most painful but thank God, it was later rectified.

The man that calculated my GP made a mistake and gave me 3.48 (2nd class lower) as my final GP instead of 3.55 (2nd class upper).

Thank God I have all my results, so I printed it out and went to his office to complain but he walked me out of his office.

I went to HOD to complain and he asked me If I am more intelligent than the Phd holder that calculated it.
I have to involve an influential professor from my department who helped me to speak to them and even threathened to send them to senate if my result was not reviewed.

With the help of God, they recalculated it and found out that the man made a costly mistake in my final year.
So the mistake was corrected.
Praise God

2 Likes

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by stan241(m): 2:53pm On Feb 18, 2015
Won't say most people are being dishonest but everyone here seems to be very brilliant much like our parents who always took first.....Eng222 and Mr abi is he a prof now Chidi Onuigbo said we would have to go get a tape recorder(this was tail end of 2nd semester owu period) look for where we will watch BBC news,record about 30 mins of the news to a tape and then record our own rendition of the same news in and i quote "queens English" and then transcribe and submit(30 marks)....see where people that have not seen AIT to watch now looking for DSTV to watch BBC news...had to go all the way down to Onitsha to even get an empty tape to use for the recording and ended up in a hospital reception begging to watch "TV".... after all said and done after his exam i accompanied my course rep to his office to submit the tapes only for this man to reply " who gave you people that assignment" and before we could say sir he screamed and abused us out of his office.....the type of swear he received that day I'm sure would still be following him till now

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Jasperwhizz(m): 2:56pm On Feb 18, 2015
timawoku:
It was during a test in my final year, there had been this beautiful girl I hoped we would date but later just became friends, it was fin 413(finance), this girl seem to forget her formula and she began fretting, I knew the question only too much because I practiced that particular question very well, we were given 1hr, I finished under 30mins and resorted to helping people out, naturally the girl came to mind first, I started telling her the formulas (and did not realize the main lecturer of the course had walked in and was seeing everything I was doing), he motioned the invigillator who later realized what I was doing, na so this invigilator carry am for head o, he took my paper, tore it, and said he would make sure that I never graduate that year,(he was taking us agric finance,a prerequisite) that I will fail his course (even the lecturer that owns the course was like;wat da?, you dey beef this boy before?),he walked me out, (and me no send, I no even beg am) he later chased after me, said I would face dept panel, he said as long as he was living, I would not graduate, (funny part was I did not finch, I was just staring at him like I was watching a movie, all I needed was popcorn),even the owner of the course was pleading on my behalf ( I was one of his best students). He later even cancelled that test (because there was mass failure) and did anoda which I was the highest.

Then alas

His (the invigilator) course was removed from prerequisite and was made optional, he had accident and he was changed, I still went ahead and did his course (we were only 4 students and another lecturer took the lecture) and guess what? I conquered the dude!
dont be joyful that you conquer like that ButTHANK GOD and pray for the Man.
You should know that it was wrong to do that during the exam.
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Jasperwhizz(m): 2:58pm On Feb 18, 2015
THANK GOD! I know HE would make everythings easier for me AMEN.
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by vonn(f): 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2015
'Gerrout' of my office!!!! angry
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by classicladyk(f): 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2015
well .. i had no problem with my lecturers.. my only surprise was two courses i thought i will have e.. when the result came out i got A and B... my friends were all shouting " immac, how come?" i just told them twas God.. THANX TO GOD WHO BLINDED THOSE LECTURERS EYES .. MAY HE CONTINUE TO BLIND THEIR EYES TILL I GRADUATE...LOL!

crywell .. i had no problem with my lecturers.. my only surprise was two courses i thought i will have e.. when the result came out i got A and B... my friends were all shouting " immac, how come?" i just told them twas God.. THANX TO GOD WHO BLINDED THOSE LECTURERS EYES .. MAY HE CONTINUE TO BLIND THEIR EYES TILL I GRADUATE...LOL!
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by andyanders: 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2015
The annoying thing was for a female lecturer, sucking my dick.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries / LAUTECH Students Involved In Motor Accident, 2 Students Confirmed Dead (Graphic) / Is There A Course You Will Advise A Jambite Not To Study?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.