Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? (37997 Views)

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? / 10 Most Annoying Nigerian Media English Expressions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by tosyne2much(m): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2015
Creamish:
I was so sure I wuld ace my Yr1 Statistics exam cos maths has always been one of my fave subjects. The lady who dubbed from me had a "B". I got an "F". I went to meet the Lecturer to inquire on the reason and he smiled and said " U know wat to do naa. " undecided

....well... I dint do it and he failed me. undecided

I carried it over and Aced it in my 2nd year (with a diff lecturer).
please i dont understand the bolded.. Could you pls shed more light ?
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Creamish(f): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2015
dafil22:
My project supervisor gave me a C. Can u beat dt? Afta all d suffer to work on it

I don't even want to go down dat memory lane... Got a C cos i refused to sleep with my supervisor.. dat toad! angry

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by clark0: 11:56am On Feb 18, 2015
grin
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Creamish(f): 11:57am On Feb 18, 2015
tosyne2much:
please i dont understand the bolded.. Could you pls shed more light ?

Datz exactly wat he said...I dint bother asking him what he meant. U can go ask him tho.. Ben Ogbonna ABSU. undecided

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Daliano(m): 11:57am On Feb 18, 2015
Mine,got a missing script in chemistry,went to the HOD with a letter and he directed me to the lecturer to rectify the problem.For 3 months i was always crying in this man's office pleading with him to rectify my result.He simply said ''That's not what am in this school'' i had to re-write the course.
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 18, 2015
My HOD slashed the whole faculty cgpa just to make sure I did not graduate with a 1.1.
He knew quite well I was very close to my level coordinator who mentored me. Can you imagine an undergraduate helping a lecturer take some of his course. My mentor supervised my project making sure I did it as near perfect as possible.
The HOD asked his secretary to fish out my project and he personally scrutinied my project. He slashed my grade from A to Be and to justify himself, He slashed the grade of all the student in the faculty.
What pained me most was a Female student who was bright and beautiful who couldn't graduate with a 1.1 just because he wants to treat me harsh.. Her cgpa was better than mine. I was not perturbed but I felt sorry for the girl..
My mmentor told me that it will not be given to me so I zeroed my mind and settled for a 2.1.
Can you imagine a person cgpa slashed without touching the grades..
I fear Nigerians and its institutions ooo..
Twale

2 Likes

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by momove4real25(f): 11:58am On Feb 18, 2015
Gave missing script after exam, BKS ihe wanted to av me as man friend

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by DinhoMVP: 11:59am On Feb 18, 2015
edozie04:
Failed me just because I did not buy his textbook

Mr. Alozie of the Political Science Department of Abia State University Uturu Seized my results in Political Economy and Marxism and forced me to carry them over simply because I didn't buy the text books he didn't author but was selling for Prof. Ajah He also dealt with me in my project...I am still waiting for him in future #Nemesis

3 Likes

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Echikojuliet(f): 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
He tried kissing me in his office

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by tosyne2much(m): 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
Creamish:

Datz exactly wat he said...I dint bother asking him what he meant. U can go ask him tho.. Ben Ogbonna ABSU. undecided
hahahahahaha cheesy

when a lecturer says 'you know what to do', we dont need google translator wink

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by DuchessLily(f): 12:01pm On Feb 18, 2015
Sexual harassment..... But God showed him HE is gr8r than him
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by PilotOz(m): 12:02pm On Feb 18, 2015
Mine was a combo of two lecturers. the owner of d course n the invigilator during the exam.. the owner of d course isc 121 came 2 class 3 times in a whole semester. nd d course was purely calculations. when i received my question paper during d exam, mehn..it was like greek. nutin he taught, not even in our course outline.. i almost cried.. well i was just solving d lil ones i knw.. it got to a point, the invigilator noticed i waa turning my head suspiciously. He asked me to submit. men i didn't even beg. becos i knew even if he allowed me to continue writing, i wouldn't have written anytin. cos d course was just too hard. he even helped put me out of my misery. we protested to our HOD after d exam.

2 Likes

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by tosyne2much(m): 12:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
Muzikluva:
e ask 4 ur name u kun giv am??chooi guy na to pick race ni o
hahahahahahaha lwkkmd cheesy

pick race ke ? I popular well dor the dept oooooooo
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by tosyne2much(m): 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2015
DuchessLily:
Sexual harassment..... But God showed him HE is gr8r than him
I hope he didnt bleep you ? undecided
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by iwriterng(m): 12:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
I read all the pages of the thread in details! Am sorry I don't have any experience to share, but thank you guys for making my day.
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Hibiscuss(m): 12:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
The most annoying thing a lecturer(my level coordinator) did to me is refusing to compile my final year result for 2 good years until I took my parent to go beg him. My offense is not being among his bootlickers. Just had to pay with two good years of my life.
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by tosyne2much(m): 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2015
tzoracle:
ps dont make me lose my respect for u,f u dont understand his context tell him to expantiaite. He wasnt disproving ur statement
I did bro... he said 'epic', meaning ' story story'
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Muzikluva(m): 12:09pm On Feb 18, 2015
tosyne2much:
hahahahahahaha lwkkmd cheesy

pick race ke ? I popular well dor the dept oooooooo
grin cheesy as long as the lecturer doesn't knw ur name en,ur classmates go coperate dem no go tok.A guy did it in my dept wen we were in 200l and wi all kept mute,d lecturer vex komot ni grin cheesy
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Eberex(m): 12:13pm On Feb 18, 2015
This happened in UNN way back like in the year 2009.

Conversation between Civil Engineering dept HOD and a Professor in the sme department.

HOD: Prof this your course shows 80% failure in our final year student's result.

PROF: Yes, so what is the problem.

HOD: This means extra year for these students. Can't you do something?

PROF: What did I do? What have I done? eh? I only gave a student just one ''F'' not two ''F's'', so they should be grateful. Atleast they have a chance to re-sit the paper next year.

Mehn! that school show person pepper. I pitied those of my friends for that department.
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by tosyne2much(m): 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
Muzikluva:
grin cheesy as long as the lecturer doesn't knw ur name en,ur classmates go coperate dem no go tok.A guy did it in my dept wen we were in 200l and wi all kept mute,d lecturer vex komot ni grin cheesy
when i told him my name, he turned to the class and asked if that was truly my name but hey were all looking.. Only my class Governor nodded his head undecided
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Franchise21(m): 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
tosyne2much:
There was this strict lecturer, he dare not set his eyes on your phone and if your phone go as far as ringing, there's no point begging, hurriedly obtain another form for automatic carry over grin

There was a day he was lecturing and I was really carried away, I didn't know when I brought out my phone and quickly replied my whatsapp msg wink Make una no bash me oooooo, let any student who has neva done this cast the first stone except those using 1900BC phones , not knowing he was looking towards my direction

He ordered me out of his class at once and i started begging him but all my pleas fell to deaf ears. I packed my books and was heading towards the door that was when called me back and asked for my full name, eeeeehway !!! My own don finish! Na there I know say I don enter serious wahala.. I was just looking like someone who just received a sack letter. After so much pressure on me, I told him my full name and he brought out his attendance sheet, striked my name and me I was done for the semester

Ever since then, he always ordered me out of his class
U re trying to tell us dat u re tall... lolz
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by nnamdiosu(m): 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
timawoku:
It was during a test in my final year, there had been this beautiful girl I hoped we would date but later just became friends, it was fin 413(finance), this girl seem to forget her formula and she began fretting, I knew the question only too much because I practiced that particular question very well, we were given 1hr, I finished under 30mins and resorted to helping people out, naturally the girl came to mind first, I started telling her the formulas (and did not realize the main lecturer of the course had walked in and was seeing everything I was doing), he motioned the invigillator who later realized what I was doing, na so this invigilator carry am for head o, he took my paper, tore it, and said he would make sure that I never graduate that year,(he was taking us agric finance,a prerequisite) that I will fail his course (even the lecturer that owns the course was like;wat da?, you dey beef this boy before?),he walked me out, (and me no send, I no even beg am) he later chased after me, said I would face dept panel, he said as long as he was living, I would not graduate, (funny part was I did not finch, I was just staring at him like I was watching a movie, all I needed was popcorn),even the owner of the course was pleading on my behalf ( I was one of his best students). He later even cancelled that test (because there was mass failure) and did anoda which I was the highest.

Then alas

His (the invigilator) course was removed from prerequisite and was made optional, he had accident and he was changed, I still went ahead and did his course (we were only 4 students and another lecturer took the lecture) and guess what? I conquered the dude!

wow. to summarize ur post.......man plans....God laughs .....and rescues us from harm ( lecturers harm)
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Creamish(f): 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2015
DinhoMVP:

Mr. Alozie of the Political Science Department of Abia State University Uturu Seized my results in Political Economy and Marxism and forced me to carry them over simply because I didn't buy the text books he didn't author but was selling for Prof. Ajah He also dealt with me in my project...I am still waiting for him in future #Nemesis

LOLz... nwanne.. ABSU dealt with u too? cheesy
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Franchise21(m): 12:17pm On Feb 18, 2015
tosyne2much:
cool
Wicked lecturers. With this, I can proudly say d lecturers in my schl r lenient
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by tosyne2much(m): 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2015
Franchise21:
U re trying to tell us dat u re tall... lolz
This thread don tay ooooo... I don already modify am say i SHORT make people no dey think say i dey show off [/i] cheesy
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by tosyne2much(m): 12:20pm On Feb 18, 2015
Franchise21:
Wicked lecturers. With this, I can proudly say d lecturers in my schl r lenient
useless set of beings
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by dbestuncle: 12:20pm On Feb 18, 2015
timawoku:
he suppose carry you go vc's office... grin

What do we define as wickedness? A man doing his Job(what he has been paid to do)? Or A student who was sent to school to read and ends up caught cheating? What is wrong is wrong. Wer is ur integrity if u cheat and was caught and instead of been remorseful u thinlk the one who caught u is wicked. what will this country bcom? what are going to tell the next generation: that it does not pay studying or doing what is right?

i f i were the lecturer that caught u. i will take that script from you and put u in a different seat like he did and ask u to begin afresh.
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by DuchessLily(f): 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2015
tosyne2much:
I hope he didnt bleep you ? undecided
Nope! God 4bid! Dàt pig.
He was caught trouser and boxer down in his office with anoda girl, he was suspended, so he wasn't d one who marked and scored my exams. And it was my final exams oooo.. He disturb me and threatened dat I won't graduate if I don't accept, I went home, told my mum, we prayed abt it. And my mum was planning to come to sch with me to beg him, but we were told of d good news grin ... From suspension to sack

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by deviduff(m): 12:22pm On Feb 18, 2015
missdebs:
the worst thn a lecturer did to me was fail me because i refused to heed to his stupid advances...as God will hav it, he also has not gotten hs phd after many yrs.dt was my curse on hm.
Heartless you. Can't you just give him some pvssy?
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Franchise21(m): 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
tosyne2much:
This thread don tay ooooo... I don already modify am say i SHORT make people no dey think say i dey show off [/i] cheesy
Lolz cos wiv d pics I saw wen u were contesting, I knw u ain't tall. just average
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Eberex(m): 12:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
During a faculty course for all Engineering students at Annex building, UNN. The lecturer Prof in civil engineering before the lecture made an announcement;

PROF: here is my handout for the course, and it is compulsory for all students.

STUDENTS: How much?

PROF: N300

STUDENTS (all shouting): Its too much! its too much!!!

After the noise has subsided he replied them saying.

PROF: well, that is the disadvantage of being poor.

2 Likes

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by nickxtra(m): 12:27pm On Feb 18, 2015
Giving over 70% of his class a carry over for leaving without attending his class. His lecture was supposed to hold at 4pm, we waited till about and the class lost hope that he would be coming and almost all the students left. He came in around 6.30pm and met an almost empty class. When the result the semester exams were released, he failed everyone that was not in the class when he came in. So sad then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Total Scholarship Application 2017/2018 / UNILAG Reacts To Nairaland's News Of Students Asked To Kneel Down / Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.